InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ Good As New ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DemonWitch: “I don't own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use” {Sobs dramatically}
Sesshomaru rolls his eyes: “You've got issues”
DemonWitch glares: “I've got issues. You're the one that ways around with a white fluffy thing on your shoulder!”
Sesshomaru: “There is nothing wrong with what I wear”
DemonWitch: “DENIAL!”
 

CHAPTER NINETEEN: GOOD AS NEW
 
Rin's eyes fluttered open and she rolled over. Looking around she realized she was no longer in the forest. Sitting up she saw her parents sleeping on her left, Sango and Miroku sleeping on her right and a copper colored man sitting across from her. But he wasn't sleeping.
“Oh good. You're awake”
Rin tilted her head, “Who are you?”
“My name's Shippo.”
Oh…are you a friend of my parents?”
Shippo smiled, “Yeah, I've known them a long time.”
“Before they had me?”
Shippo hesitated.
InuYasha warned everyone before he went to sleep Rin would ask questions.
“Yeah. I did.”
“Do you know where I came from?”
Shippo sighed, “That's something you need to ask InuYasha and Kagome about.”
Rin frowned, “I've already tried. They won't tell me.”
Shippo leaned forward and gently poked the fire, “I think they will this time.”
The fire lit up Shippo's face and Rin could see his ears, “You're not human?”
Shippo chuckled at her bluntness and Rin blushed, “I'm sorry I-”
“No, it's fine. No I'm not human. I'm a fox demon.”
“Oh.”
They sat in silence till Shippo finally asked her about her world.
InuYasha woke up to Rin explaining gas fireplaces.
He chuckled, “Glad to see you haven't lost your voice.”
Rin smiled and InuYasha held out his arms, “Can I have a hug?”
Rin nodded and put her arms around him, “I'm sorry” she whispered.
InuYasha shook his head, “Don't be. We should have told you about this place to begin with. If we had none of this would have happened.”
Kagome stirred and opened her eyes, “Rin!” she gasped and sat straight up.
“Hi Momma.”
Kagome leaned over InuYasha and held Rin tightly, “I'm so glad you're okay.” She looked at InuYasha, “How'd you find her?”
“Miroku found her in the woods.”
Rin nodded slowly, “Yeah….I tripped….and then I heard him speak behind me. I was so glad to see him.”
She looked at her father, “Are you going to take me home?”
InuYasha nodded, “Yes Rin. We can't stay here.”
“No! I can't leave. Not yet.”
“You sure are loud in the morning”
Sango and Miroku sat up and Miroku had a small grin on his face, “But it's good too hear you again.”
“I'm so happy you're safe!” Sango said as she gave Rin a hug.”
Rin smiled, “Thanks. I can't believe you all come here looking for me.”
She looked back at her father, “If we go home…can I please come back sometime?”
InuYasha and Miroku exchanged glances and InuYasha slightly shook his head.
Kagome and Rin were the only ones who didn't know he was going to destroy the well. And he wanted to keep it that way.
Shippo stood, “I'm going to get and catch us some food.”
He walked back into the woods and InuYasha looked at Rin, “Rin, you don't understand, this place is very dangerous. We have to go home.”
“Will you tell me the truth this time?”
Kagome sighed, “Rin I-”
“Rin, when we go back, it's not going to be possible to come here again” Miroku cut in.
“Why not?”
“Because InuYasha's gonna destroy the well”
Rin's jaw dropped and InuYasha glared at Miroku. If looks could kill, he would have been fried.
“What?!” Rin gasped, “No! You can't! That's the only way to get back here!”
“Exactly” InuYasha said, while still sending Miroku death looks.
“But this is part of my past, a link to what I can't remember! If you destroy my only way of coming here, I might never remember.”
“Rin,” Kagome said softly, “We've told you everything we know. What else is there?”
Rin sighed and shrugged, “I-I-I don't know. It just….it just doesn't all fit together. Like why I remember being here.”
“The four of us used to come here when we were younger, and Gramps used to tell you our story when you were a child.”
“But I don't remember that!”
She turned to InuYasha, “Please Daddy. Don't destroy it, at least not until I remember.”
InuYasha rubbed his hands over his face, “Rin I-”
“INUYASHA!”
Everyone jumped and turned towards the forest. A large man, at least 8 feet tall, was walking towards them. He had a sword swung over one shoulder and an evil grin on his face. “I heard you returned dog scum!”
InuYasha winced, “Damn” he muttered.
“You know this man InuYasha?” Miroku asked.
InuYasha half shrugged, “It's an Ox demon. His name is Raidon. He's been trying to kill me for years.”
Raidon stopped a few yards away from the group and pointed his sword his sword at InuYasha, “I am here to claim you life.”
InuYasha rolled his eyes, “You know, now is really not a good time. Come back later!”
Raidon laughed, “Oh I see. Now you no longer have your demon powers, you have turned into a coward. Look how you stand behind your women!”
InuYasha growled and Rin looked puzzled, “Demon powers?”
InuYasha stepped out in front, “I can still kick your ass back to you mother's belly!”
“InuYasha” Kagome said quietly but Raidon's voice drowned her out,
“I'll take you up on that challenge half-breed.”
Rin looked back and forth between InuYasha and Raidon. InuYasha's eye's flashing angrily.
His eyesare like….Sesshomaru's eyes
“He is my half-brother. We have the same father but his mother was human.”
“Brother?” Rin whispered.
InuYasha picked up the sword Shippo had given him and walked towards Raidon, “You gonna regret saying that.”
“InuYasha no!” Kagome gasped but Miroku held her back, “Don't Kagome.”
Rin watched in a trance as her father battled the tall man.
His skill with the sword was amazing.
“I didn't know he could fight.”
There are A LOT of things you didn't know” a small voice in her head reminder her.
Rin turned her attention back to the fight.

Damn. He's too fast. All I can make are blocks. I can't hit him at all.” InuYasha leaped back again as Raidon's sword cam crashing down.
Raidon chuckled, “Nice little family you got there half-breed. I especially like the younger girl.”
InuYasha growled and blocked another swing, “Pay attention to me stupid.”
“Don't worry; I'll have plenty of time for them later; after I kill you.”
InuYasha scoffed and took a swing. It got blocked.
“What interest would a demon have in humans?”
“Not humans. Just the women.”
InuYasha snarled, “Leave them alone!”
“You won't have much to say when you're dead!”
“It'll take a lot more then your yakking to kill me.”
“I just need one strike. You're no longer part demon InuYasha and are easy enough to kill. I wonder,”
Raidon glanced over at Rin, “How much a demon lord would pay for her.”
InuYasha jumped back, his golden eyes glittering dangerously “Bastard!” he snarled.
Raidon took another swing at InuYasha, causing him to stumble and lose his sword. InuYasha looked to his side, but the blade was too far away to reach and lay in two pieces.
The dark demon mocked him, “What say you now InuYasha? What does the man do after the dog it taken away?”
InuYasha growled but said nothing.
Raidon laughed evilly, “Now InuYasha. You will finally die!”
He raised his sword above his head and Kagome and Rin both screamed, “InuYasha no!”
“InuYasha!”
Shippo came running out of the woods, holding his arm out.
“Catch!”
With all his might he threw a sword towards InuYasha.
InuYasha raised his arm and grasped the handle. Bringing it in front of his body he barely blocked Raidon's blow.
Raidon laughed, “You think you can even hope to fight me with that piece of junk?”
InuYasha summoned all his strength and somehow managed to shove Raidon off of him. Jumping to his feet he glanced down at the sword and was surprised to see it was his old sword Tetsusaiga!
Gripping the handle tightly InuYasha nodded his thanks to Shippo before advancing on Raidon. “I may no be able to fight you Raidon.”
He took a swing.
“Hell, I'll be lucky if I can even scratch you.”
Their swords were now locked in a power struggle.
“But I'll be dammed if I ever let you hurt my wife or my daughter.”
Kagome gasped as a light started to emanate from Tetsusaiga.
Raidon pushed InuYasha back, “Fool!” he snarled.
InuYasha lifted the old sword and jumped at the demon, “I will protect my family!”
Tetsusaiga began to pulse.
Suddenly a light filled the sky; blinding everyone and causing them to fall to their knees. As quickly as it appeared it was gone.
Kagome scrambled to her feet and looked for InuYasha. What she saw stunned her.
InuYasha was a half-demon again.
“Daddy?” Rin gasped in disbelief.
Raidon gaped at InuYasha, “But…how?”
InuYasha grinned, his fangs gleaming, “You're gonna pay Raidon. For everything you've done.”
He crackled his fingers and lifted the now transformed Tetsusaiga “KONGOUSOUHA!!”

A/N: PLEASE REVIEW!