InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ Kidnapped! ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: KIDNAPPED!
 
Kagome gently shook Rin shoulder, “Rin, wake up. It's time for breakfast.”
Rin groaned slightly and opened her eyes. Sitting up she winced slightly at her sore body. Sleeping on a cave floor wasn't exactly the most comfortable; hard and cold.
Kagome smiled, “Good morning, how are you feeling?”
Rin almost responded “Fine” like she always did, but this time she looked away and thought about Kagome's question. In truth she felt angry and hurt everyone had lied to her; betrayed that Sesshomaru had sent her away, and then denied knowing who she was. And most of all she was confused about what to do now. Her latest experiences with Sesshomaru made her want to yell and punch him in the face for being such an arrogant jerk. But another part of her was deeply loyal and couldn't find the words to speak out against him.
“You sleep warm enough last night Rin?”
Adena stood outside the cave with a smiled and a twinkle in her eyes.
“Yeah, I did actually.”
“Sesshomaru left” Adena answered Rin's unasked question, “But he will be back soon.”
“Oh”
Adena smirking slightly and went back to helping Sango set up a fire.
Earlier that morning Adena watched Sesshomaru gently touched Rin's face before standing and leaving the cave. He had yet to return.
“Rin?”
Rin looked back at Kagome's concerned face and felt her anger flare up.
Instead of answering Kagome's question, she asked one of her own.
“How could you do this to me?” she said in a low voice.
Kagome looked shocked.
“What?”
“I remember everything” Rin stressed through gritted teeth. “You knew I didn't belong! You knew! And yet you made me stay!”
Kagome reached a hand out. “Rin I-”
Rin jerked back angrily, “No! You lied to me! Made me forget who I was. Who I really am and where I belong!”
Tears started to run down Kagome's face, “We never meant to hurt you Rin. We were just trying to protect you. Don't you rem-”
“Protect me!” The young woman was now yelling, “I cried myself to sleep every night till I forgot what I was crying for!”
Her eyes turned icy, “You didn't protect me Kagome” she hissed. “You hurt me. Made me forget. You tried to kill who I was.”
“That's enough Rin!” InuYasha snarled.
He and Miroku, who were out splitting wood, had heard shouting and came to investigate.
Rin sneered at InuYasha, “Sorry daddy” she spat venomously, “But I don't have to listen to you anymore.”
She jumped up and grabbed her backpack, “I belong with my Lord Sesshomaru” she ran out of the cave, “And it is with him I will always stay!”
“Rin wait!” Miroku shouted but she had already disappeared around the bend.
Kagome grabbed InuYasha's arm, “You have to find her. Bring her back.”
“Kagome, she just doesn't want to be with us! Maybe we should just let her-”
“No” Adena said softly but firmly.
“You have to find her. Before Jyrana does.”
“Will he hurt her?”
“No,” her icy eyes had turned serious.
“He'll do far worse.”
 
Rin ran blindly down the path. She wasn't sure how she to find Sesshomaru but she couldn't just sit around and wait.
“Ougff!”
She tripped and fell to her knees.
“Well this ironic. Last time I ran away, I fell.”
She sighed and sat back. “What am I doing? Why am I running to Sesshomaru? He's such an arrogant jerk. And he's so cold to me. Why do I want to be with him?
Because you know that's where you belong” a tiny voice in her head spoke up.
Is it?”
Of course. Lord Sesshomaru has always meant everything to you. You loved him and followed him where ever he said. Always did as he asked.”
I sound like a puppy.”
Your loyalties lie with Lord Sesshomaru. You remember that now, so why do you question it?”
Because I've always questioned everything in my life.”
“Like why the freak am I having an argument with myself!” Rin yelled out loud.
“Hello Rin.”
Rin's head whipped up, “Who are you?”
A man, around Sesshomaru's height, smiled and held a hand out. His skin was pale and sickly looking, and his hair was white with patches of purple. He had purple-blue eyes that sent shivers down Rin's back.
She retreated from his help and got up on her own, “What do you want?
“You have always been a brash one Rin, even as a child.”
Rin narrowed her eyes, “How do you know my name?”
“My dear, I know everything about you. I've known about you since you were a small child. Though one can see you're not a child anymore.”
Rin felt her skin crawl as he watched her.
“Go away you freak!” she snapped.
The man raised an eyebrow, “Now, now, now. That's not very nice.”
Suddenly he had a vice-like grip on her upper arm and pulled her up to him.
“Let me go!” Rin demanded and went to slap him but he easily caught her other hand in his.
“I think not”
His voice changed; instead of the soft wispy sound that seemed to seep out of his mouth, it was strong, cold and dark.
Rin's eyes widened, “I recognize that voice!”
“You're the creep that was at the hot springs!
The man bowed slightly, “My name Jyrana.”
“You pervert. You were watching me!”
Jyrana laughed, “Don't flatter yourself child. It's not your body I'm after.”
He put both of her wrists in one of his hands and with the other hand reached for her neck and pulled out a chain. Dangling at the end was the Shikon Jewel.
“I only want this jewel.”
He grinned, “And your soul of course.”
 
Sesshomaru stopped suddenly and sniffed the air. It was the same scent as the one that had been watching Rin at the hot spring. It was fate but it was there. Sesshomaru sniffed again and cursed. Growling loudly he took off at a run. Rin was in danger.
 
Rin struggled wildly to get free, “You have your stupid jewel, what the hell do you need my soul for?”
“To complete my task, I have to have it.”
“Well you can't” Rin snapped, “I'm still using it. Come back in about 100 years and you can have it after I'm dead.”
Jyrana chuckled, “You don't understand child. I need your soul, while it's in your body.”
“What are you, some kind of sick voodoo priest?”
Jyrana looked up at the sun and his smile faded, “Come child, we must be going now. Time is running out.”
He chanted a spell and Rin's feet and wrists were bound together. Jyrana caught her before she could fall over and threw her over his shoulder.
“Let me go!” Rin screamed and beat his back with her fists.
“Release her Jyrana.”
Rin breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the cold voice.
Jyrana stopped and turned “Well, well, well. I was wondering when you would show up.”
Sesshomaru stood with Toukijin drawn, “I said, release her.”
“I can't do that Dog Demon. She's a critical part of my plan. One that I have been working on far too long to just let you come and mess it up.”
He started a chant and the wind around them picked up.
“Rin!” Sesshomaru yelled and took a step forward.
“Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin's cry echoed in the air as Jyrana shimmered away.
“Damn it!”
Sesshomaru replaced his sword at his side and sniffed the air, trying to get Rin's scent. But it was gone.
“Sesshomaru!”
InuYasha and the gang came up running up.
“Rin's run off!” Miroku exclaimed
“I know” Sesshomaru answered coldly.
“How? Have you seen her?” Kagome asked.
“Yes. She was just here.”
InuYasha looked frustrated, “Why didn't you stop her? She's in danger.”
“I know this half-breed!” Sesshomaru snarled, “I am not a fool.”
“He has her.”
The all turned to Adena, but she only looked at Sesshomaru, “Jyrana has been here. He has Rin and the jewel.”
“WHAT?”
InuYasha got up in Sesshomaru's face, “Some protector you are!” he shouted, “Where the hell did you go this morning? You could've stopped her from leaving.”
Sesshomaru looked at his brother, “She's been in your care for the past 8 years InuYasha. Why didn't you stop her?”
InuYasha opened his mouth but instead crashed to the floor, Sango standing behind him with her Hiraikotsu. Kagome nodded her thanks to Sango and knelt by InuYasha's head. Take one of his ears she pulled his face up and smiled sweetly.
“STOP BEING SUCH A JERK, AND GET OVER IT ALREADY! WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE ARGUING OVER THIS. GROW UP!!!!!”
Letting his face drop back to the ground Kagome got up and stood next to Adena. Shippo was the first one to get over the shock and smiled, “Ha ha InuYasha; you're such an idiot!”
InuYasha growled and jumped up, “Come here you little…”
“Ahhh, someone saves me!” Shippo ran around in circles while InuYasha chased him with his sword.
Adena held up her hand and started chanting softly. A bright light surrounded the group and Sesshomaru tensed; the feeling she was illuminating was one of peace and it was making him uncomfortable.
Miroku started laughing at pointed at InuYasha, “I like this trick.”
InuYasha glared daggers at the monk, “Shut up monk.”
He then looked over at Adena, “Stupid witch. What did you do to me?”
InuYasha had been in mid leap to pounce on Shippo when Adena started chanting. Now he hung suspended in air, his body frozen in place except his head.
Shippo was rolling on the ground laughing and Kagome and Sango giggled softly. Even Sesshomaru let a small smirk of amusement pass over his features.
Adena smiled gently, “I'm sorry InuYasha. But like Kagome said. We don't have time for this.”
InuYasha scowled and Kagome stepped up to him again, “What's going on InuYasha?” she whispered. “Why are you acting like this?”
InuYasha started to snarl a retort back but stopped. She was right. He hadn't acted like this in years.
“It's his demon blood” Sesshomaru said, his keen hearing picking up on their soft conversation.
“It is because of that blood he fights and wants to fight. No matter whom it is.”
“So why aren't you like that Sesshomaru?” Shippo asked.
Sesshomaru glared at him in distain, “I am full-blooded demon and have had many years to learn to control my blood. Demon blood and human blood were not meant to mix, so he is forever in conflict with himself.”
Adena spoke softly and InuYasha crashed to the ground, “We must go after Jyrana and we must act swiftly. Once he has begun it were be difficult to stop him.”
“Begun? What do you mean begun?” Sango asked.
“Now that he has the child and the jewel there is nothing stopping him from fulfilling the prophecy.”
Sesshomaru's eyes flickered slightly. He knew what prophecy the Whisperer was talking about.
“The Whisperer is right” he stated.
InuYasha blinked, “You're agreeing with someone?”
“I am not a fool like you half-breed. I can tell when someone speaks the truth.”
Kagome clamped a hand over InuYasha's mouth, “You boys can fight later. Right now we have to rescue Rin.”
“But how? We don't even know where Jyrana took her.” Miroku pointed out.
“I do” Adena said softly, “But it will be difficult to get us there in time.”
“Transport yourself like Jyrana did.”
Adena raised an eyebrow at Sesshomaru, “I would Demon Lord, but like I said. It'll be difficult. Demons were not meant to travel this way.”
Her face darkened slightly as she thought, “A slight burden but one that I may be able to overcome.”
Sesshomaru looked offended at being referred to as “a slightly burden” but said nothing. They had wasted time enough and Rin needed them.
“Come closer” Adena instructed as she closed her eyes. Everyone but Sesshomaru crowed close and Adena opened one eyes, “I would think you could put your pride aside this once to save the young girl.”
Sesshomaru glared and didn't move, “I know where you need to go. I will meet you there.”
Sighing in exasperation Adena closed her eyes again and started chanting. Just as they were about to shimmer away her hand flashed out and snagged Sesshomaru's arm; pulling him into the group. Sesshomaru snarled and Adena laughed as they shimmered away.
 
Rin opened her eyes and sat up with a start. Rubbing her upper arm she lifted her sleeve to see dark bruises. “Stupid bastard
Sliding off the bed she had been laying on Rin looked around taking in her surrounded. She knew she was in a castle. After being in Sesshomaru's for so long she could feel it the air. The room was a large bedroom, with a wall covered in mirror.
“Can we say vain?” Rin muttered as she looked at her reflection.
She looked like hell.
Blue jeans covered in mud and ripped at the knees; black T-shirt with holes everywhere and stained with grass. Her face was dirty and had various cuts. Rin touched her matted hair and sighed deeply, “Thank God Linda can't see me. She'd probably die of fright.”
Pulled a hair rubber band off of her wrist she grabbed her hair and pulled it out of her face; it full of mud, grass and dried blood.
Touching the back of her head Rin made a face as she rubbed the old blood away. “Stupid bastard must have hit my head on something.”
“Idiot” she sighed aloud.
“Glad to see you're awake.”
Rin looked into the mirror and saw Jyrana standing behind her at the door.
“Sleep well?”
Rin rolled her eyes and turned around, “Don't even try to be charming. I know what a snake you are, so cut the crap and leave me alone!”
Jyrana smirked, “Being in the other world really changed you. A lady of this time would never have spoken to harsh.”
Rin frowned, “How do you know about where I cam from?”
“I told you Rin. I know everything about you.”
Jyrana stopped and tilted his head, his eyes closed “Well, well, well. It looks like your friends have come after you after all.”
He held out his hand and Rin was pulled into his grasp, “Now's as good as any to start.”
He pulled her into the hallway and down a flight of stairs. Pausing halfway down he tilted his head again, but this time he frowned, “Damn. They have a Whisperer with them.”
He pulled harder on Rin and dragged her up the stairs, “Come child. You're about to make history.”
“And how's that?” Rin snarled.
“By bringing forth the greatest power this world has ever seen.”
 
The group appeared outside a large castle and everyone but Sesshomaru and Adena fell down.
Sesshomaru glared at the Whisperer, “What the hell was that?”
“Oh you don't have to thank me. It was no problem.” Adena said with a smirked.
“I have no need of your help. I would-”
“Well this isn't about you” Adena said quietly, “This is about a little girl in there that's about to lose her life. For something she doesn't even understand.”
“How come you didn't shimmer us inside?” Miroku asked.
The four adults and Shippo finally got back on their feet.
“It was hard enough just to bring two demons along. Inside the castle would have been impossible. Be glad for what you got.”
“We've got company!” InuYasha announced and drew his sword.
A dozen men came running out of the castle, waving swords and yelling.
“They are fool!” Sesshomaru snarled and drew his sword as well.
“No” Adena said, “They are under spell. Do not harm them InuYasha!”
InuYasha halted in middle stride and looked back, “WHAT?”
Adena walked past him, “It is not their fault. They should not be killed for something that is not their choice.”
She held her hand out, palm flat and blew into it. The men suddenly stopped and fell to the ground.
Adena smiled but her eyes were sad, “Jyrana placed mind control over them. It was not their choice to attack.”
She turned back, “Come. We must get inside.”
 
Jyrana growled and smashed his fist into a wall. “Damn it Adena. I did not count on you coming.”
Suddenly he straightened and smiled evilly, “Nevertheless, I can still fight whom I chose to fight.”
Rin watched from her spot in the corner. Her feet and hands were bound together by an unseen force again, and this time he bound her mouth. As Jyrana started to chant a dark aura started building around him and Rin felt fear creep into her heart.
 
Adena felt a stir in the air and she gasped softly, “No!”
Turning to the humans she focused on them and started chanting.
“Adena? What's going on?” Kagome asked.
Suddenly Sango vanished and Miroku cried out in alarm.
Adena's chants became louder and Kagome reached for Shippo's hand, “Shippo come and stand-” she disappeared.
“Kagome!” InuYasha shouted.
Adena's voice now rang out loud and clear.
Miroku's staff fell to the ground as he vanished.
“What the hell is going on?!” InuYasha snarled as he looked around.
“It gotta be Jyrana” Shippo said, his voice slightly trembling. “Adena must be trying to stop him, or else she would have said something by now.
Shippo was suddenly gone
InuYasha swore, “Well the chants aren't working!”
He dropped to one knee, holding his chest, “I…I can feel it. It's pulling me.”
“Fight it InuYasha” Sesshomaru said calmly.
“I'm trying damn it!”
“It must be harder for him to grab you because you are both human and demon. Use that to your advantage. Fight him!”
InuYasha's breath became ragged and he fell to the ground crying out in pain.
Sesshomaru looked over and saw Adena's body was starting to shake. “She's blocking Jyrana's hold on InuYasha's demon half.”
InuYasha yelled out in agony.
Stepping behind Adena Sesshomaru grabbed her shoulders he merged his demon aura with hers. Adena cried out dropping to the ground; InuYasha stopped yelling and vanished.
Adena looked up, “Why did you do that? I can't use demon energy! You made me lose hold of him!”
“No” Sesshomaru said coldly, “In holding part of him here, he was being ripped in half. You were killing him.”
Adena sighed deeply and looked at the castle, “It will be easier to get in now. I can shimmer and frankly you can just waltz in. But,” she sighed again, “I can't tell if they're even in the castle. What if Jyrana put them elsewhere? We need to be together to fight Jyrana.”
“I'm surprised to hear that from you Whisperer. Doubt? I didn't think you even knew the word.”
Adena smiled slightly, “Are you trying to give me encouragement Dog Lord?”
“No” Sesshomaru said shortly, “I'm stating the facts.”
“I'll give you another fact Sesshomaru.”
Sesshomaru looked down into Adena's icy blue eyes.
“You need to come to terms with your feelings, before you try to save Rin.”
Sesshomaru growled, “What are you talking about?”
“Don't play with me. I know everything, remember? I've seen how you treat that girl when you think no one is looking. It is those feelings and those feelings alone that will save her. Nothing else.”
“I will not have this discussion with you.” Sesshomaru snarled and turned away.
Adena sighed, “Fool” she murmured, “Arrogant and stubborn fool.”
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW