InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ True Love ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: TRUE LOVE
 
Jyrana pulled Rin down a hallway and shoved her into another large bedroom.
She fell on her hands and knees and looked back up at Jyrana with a glare, “You could at least treat me somewhat nice. It is my soul you're stealing.”
“You will not live long. Why should I waste my energy on being `nice' to you?”
Rin set her jaw, “I could still get saved!” she snapped.
“My dad-”
“Don't look to be save child” Jyrana sneered and pointed in front of Rin.
Rin looked up and gasped in horror.
Kagome, Sango, Miroku, InuYasha and Shippo were all spread out across the floor.
Rin dropped to her parent's side and gently shook them, “That did you do?” Rin cried when she could not wake them.
“Did you kill them?” Tears threatened to fall from her dark eyes.
“Stop your sniveling child. They are not dead.”
Rin let her head drop to InuYasha's chest and sighed in relief.
“But I must not allow them to interfere.”
Three men appeared behind him, “I suggest you move child. They will not be gentle with you.”
Rin tightened her grip on InuYasha's shirt, “No” she hissed, “I won't!”
Jyrana sighed and shook his head, “Perhaps you are not as intelligent as I first thought.”
One of the men grabbed Rin by her upper arm and roughly dragged her away. He dropped Rin at Jyrana's feet and walked back over the group.
“Chain them up.” Jyrana commanded, “And make sure you put those stronger chains on the one in red. He's part demon. He'll be stronger then the others.”
Rin winced as she rubbed her arm and Jyrana chuckled, “I told you Rin. They will not be gentle. They have no thought to be.
Rin glared as the three men dragged the limp bodies over to the wall, “Why are they helping you?”
Jyrana laughed, “They have no choice.”
Rin looked closely at their faces and felt her blood turn cold. Their eyes had a blank stare; soulless.
“They're my slaves and have no will to oppose me. In fact,” Jyrana chuckled evilly, “They have no will at all.”
Jyrana pulled Rin back up to her feet, “Well….time to go.”
He started to lead her out of the room “It's too bad you won't get to say goodbye to your family Rin.”
“You're not taking her anywhere!”
Jyrana looked over his shoulder, obviously surprised. “InuYasha…..Of course…I should have known you would wake up sooner then the others.”
“Daddy” Rin whispered and InuYasha's eyes narrowed, “Let her go you spineless coward.”
“Hmm…I think not. You see InuYasha. This girl is the means by which I will become the most powerful being of all time.”
InuYasha snorted, “You know how many times I've heard that speech? And not one of those guys was able to go through with it. If you want to strike fear into my heart, you should come up with better lines.”
Jyrana held a hand to Rin's neck, “You want fear InuYasha? I can snap her neck in a second.”
“You son of-”
“Don't test me InuYasha.”
InuYasha growled softly but kept him mouth shut.
“Looks like Adena's attempts to save you helped block the effects of my chants.” Jyrana mused.
Beside InuYasha, his companions were starting to wake.
“You're all waking earlier then expected.” Jyrana announced to the newly awakened humans. “But no matter. You can't stop me, and now you can watch as your daughter is slowly drained of her life.”
“Bastard” InuYasha snapped
Miroku tested his chains and Jyrana smirked in amusement, “You will find you cannot go far monk. Those chains cannot be broken my human hands.”
“You coward!” InuYasha barked, “Afraid to fight us? So you chain us to a wall?”
Jyrana shrugged, “It was necessary. You should be thankful. You now have a front-row seat to the beginning of a new era. And you can thank this lovely creature here for it.”
Jyrana gently stroked Rin's cheek and she jerked away.
Miroku and InuYasha both strained against the bounds, “You bastard!” Miroku yelled while InuYasha growled, “Don't touch her!”
All four were all cuffed at their ankles and wrists with an area of about three feet to move away from the wall and in between them.
Free and imprisoned in those few feet.
Jyrana smirked, “Sorry to leave you all hanging, but Rin and I do have a previously arranged engagement.”
“Wait!” Kagome called, “You can't leave yet!”
“Where's my sword jack-ass?” InuYasha barked.
He understood Kagome's plea. She was stalling for time. Time so Adena and his brother to come and help.
“I had it put somewhere safe…away from you.” Jyrana laughed, “But stalling for time will not help you.”
He paused and tilted his head, “Though….it's not quite time yet…..And there's nothing I like better then basking in my glory, so I'll tell you my story.”
Geezthis guy could really give Sesshomaru a run for his money in the arrogance department” Rin thought sourly.
“9 years ago I began my quest to destroy the Whisperers. I discovered they were a weak and worthless people; much like humans. Depending on their emotions, and letting them rule their decisions. I no longer wished to be one of them so I was cast out and become a demon. I knew I could not kill the Whisperer without the Shikon Jewel, so like many others I set out to find it. It had been shattered and I heard of a strange girl, a reincarnated miko, and a hanyou were questing to put it back together; so I sat back and waited till it was completely again. Then I came for it.”
“The dark cloud” Sango stated.
“Yes. The jewel was within my grasp…then that damn wolf demon warned you and you fled. And all hope of seeing the Jewel was gone. You came back but once again escaped; taking Rin with you. I then decided if I could not destroy the Whisperers, I would destroy everything they wanted to protect.”
“But you didn't” Kagome said softly, “Because nothing changed in my time. What stopped you?”
“I wanted the Shikon Jewel!” Jyrana hissed. “And I discovered how to get it back. Why else would I bring Rin here?”
Rin looked shocked, “Bring me here?”
“Of course. I'm the one who made you remember those things you weren't supposed to. The dreams? Flashes of memories? That was me.”
“I-I-I don't understand” Rin dropped to her knees, “You did that?”
Jyrana laughed, “Did you really think your weak and useless mind had the strength to remember everything? Of course not. I needed you here, so I planted a desire to return inside your mind.”
Rin just stared at him; stunned. He was the reason she had those dreams and hallucinations?
Rin wasn't sure if she wanted to thank him for bringing her home or hit him for making her so miserable for 8 years.
“Keh!” InuYasha growled, “Why make her so unhappy?”
“You should look in the mirror before pointing fingers about making her unhappy hanyou. You're the one that keep her locked away in a different world, lying to her about who she really was.”
“That was different!” InuYasha growled, “We were protecting her. You're hurting her.”
“If that helps you sleep at night InuYasha, keep on telling yourself that.”
InuYasha snarled and tried to lung at Jyrana but of course was held back his chains.
Jyrana turned back to Rin, “And as for why I brought her here…as much as I hate to admit it. I need her.”
Everyone looked at Jyrana in shock.
“You need her?” Shippo finally spoke up.
“Yes.”
“Why her?” Miroku asked angrily, “Why not some girl here? In this time? Why go through all this trouble?”
Jyrana sat down with a chuckle, “Humans. Never can figure the mystery out on your own, have to have everything explained to you. Well I guess I will tell you.”
He took Rin's chin and tilted her head up to look at him, “There is a legend, one that speaks of a jewel of immeasurable powers.”
 
“Created from a warrior's sacrifice and lusted after in blood;
This jewel of power and beauty.
It will be given to a priestess fair and just;
To guard and protect.
Betrayed by a spell, will she and her love be;
Leaving this world in flames, the jewel and her soul will entwine.
Though years will past, it shall again roam over many lands and times.
Heaven bound and Hell damned shall seek it power; to become one with himself.
To one it will grant a wish; to another all power and supreme life.
Fallen glory shall seek out the innocent maiden; pure in heart and mind.
The child with her soul bound to one world and her body residing in another.
Only by her gentle hand can the true power be reveled.”
 
“And this is why you took Rin? Because you think she's the girl?” InuYasha cried incredulously.
“When I sense you returned 8 years ago I came again, but you left too quickly. And I noticed you held a child. After finding the scrolls with the legend, I knew who it spoke of. You would no longer be an innocent maiden Kagome, but Rin would. I used her memories as a way to make her rebel and seek out what she'd lost. And it brought her right back to me.”
Miroku leaned over to Sango, “Well” he whispered, “At least we know Rin's still a vir-”
Sango slammed her elbow into his gut, “Don't even think of finishing that sentence” she growled.
Miroku nodded, while wheezing slightly.
“So what now Jyrana?” InuYasha growled, “You just gonna keep up locked up in here and brag on about your marvelous plan or are you actually going to try to accomplish something?”
Jyrana looked at InuYasha thoughtfully, “Well…now that you mention it” he slugged InuYasha in the stomach and the half-demon coughed and spat up blood, “I have been waiting to do that.”
“Daddy” Rin whimpered.
The door behind Jyrana opened, “It's time Jyrana” a low voice hissed.
Jyrana nodded and grabbed Rin by her upper arm, “Come my dear. It's time to go.”
Kagome, Shippo, Miroku and Sango all strained against their chains.
“Where are you taking her?” Sango demanded.
Jyrana looked back surprised, “Why, to release the power for the jewel of course.” He looked around, “And I can't very well do it in here. It'd be too messy. The blood would get everywhere.”
Kagome nearly fainted and InuYasha let out a roar, “NO! Get your hands off of her!!”
Rin realizing what Jyrana was saying turned paled and struggled to get free.
Jyrana tighten his grip on her and drag her out of the room, fight with him every step of the way.
“No! Let me go!”
Sango held Kagome and Miroku strained against his ankle cuff while InuYasha just stood still, gently leaning against his chains and breathing heavily.
“MOM!” Rin's screams could be heard down the hall, “DADDY HELP ME!”
“Rin” InuYasha murmured, his eyes closed.
Miroku took one looked at him then gulp. Grabbing Sango's and Kagome's he pushed them as far away from InuYasha as they could get. Now standing close to Shippo, Sango looked at her husband, “What's going on?”
Miroku simply pointed to InuYasha. Purple lines were starting to appear on his face and an evil aura started to form around his body.
“He's changing” Kagome whispered.
The chains that held InuYasha to the wall started to creak and the wall trembled slightly. “I have to get to Rin, but I can't become a mindless killing machine. I have to control this. I can control this. I can!”
With a roar unlike any of them had ever heard before InuYasha strained against the chains and they snapped like toothpicks. InuYasha fell to his knees; panting and trembling.
Kagome started to reach out to her husband but Miroku stopped her; InuYasha still had his full demon markings.
“InuYasha?” Kagome whispered.
InuYasha's head snapped up, his fangs bared.
Kagome didn't flinch, instead she slowly crawled back over to InuYasha, tears in her eyes, “InuYasha, please. This isn't who you want to be.”
InuYasha growled as Kagome's hand came closer but he stopped suddenly as she touched his check, “Please. Come back to me InuYasha. I need you.”
Kagome watched as his eyes softened and the markings left his face, “Oh Kagome” he whispered and gathered her up in his arms.
Sango smiled as she watched her friend but the smile froze as she held something on her butt.
“Baka!” she none too gently pushed Miroku over.
The monk sat up sputtering, “What's wrong Sango? We're married now and-”
Sango cut him off with a glare, “This is NOT the time Miroku and you know it!”
InuYasha easily broke the bindings that held his friends captive and they all stood.
“Guess Jyrana didn't expect you to get lose” Miroku commented as he looked at the chain that had just been on his ankle.
InuYasha shrugged, “Guess not. Come on; let's see if we can get out of here.”
Kagome pulled on the door and almost fell on her butt when it swung open easily, “It's not lock?”
InuYasha frowned, “Jyrana's got something up his sleeve. He's not stupid.”
No sooner where the words out of his mouth then three large cat-like demons turned the corner and growled at the group. InuYasha took the front and smirked while crackling his fingers, “Bring it on.”
 
Sesshomaru walked slowly through the halls of the castle. It had been surprisingly easy to get in.
“MOM! DADDY HELP ME!”
Sesshomaru's walk turned to a run and he dashed up the stairs. Adena's suddenly shimmered in front of him, “Don't be rash Sesshomaru” she warned.
“Only through the purest action can evil be stopped.”
Sesshomaru growled and walked right by her.
“Don't be a fool Sesshomaru!” Adena called after him “She will die if you go like this!”
Sesshomaru ignored her and continued following Rin's scent, “She'll die if I don't go.”
 
Jyrana let Rin drop to the floor and stepped up to long stairway.
“My destiny…is about to come to pass.” Jyrana breathed.
“Oh get over yourself!”
Jyrana looked over at Rin.
She glared, “My lord will stop you, and kill you for kidnapping me.”
Jyrana raised an eyebrow, “Oh he will? You're pretty confident. I wonder why you would have such faith in him. After all he did abandon you 8 years ago.”
“Only to save me from you!” Rin snapped back.
Jyrana got right in her face and tilted his head, “I see” he said softly, “That's why your loyalties are so strong. You love him.”
Rin flushed and she pulled her face back, “My loyalties are strong because he is my lord and brought me back from the dead years ago.”
“Why are you so afraid to admit you love him?”
“My feelings for him are none of your business!”
“Ah. You do have feelings for him. I thought so.”
Rin frowned and turned away.
In truth she wasn't sure how she felt about him. Love seemed too strong of a word, and yet nothing else seemed to fit. Did she love him? One who had eyes colder then ice and spoke harshly to everyone.
It was his eyes that brought you comfort as you grew up. And it was his voice that calmed you as a child, when your dreams turned to nightmares.”
Rin looked back up at Jyrana who was nearing the top of the stone steps, “Am I in love with Sesshomaru?”
 
Adena shimmered in front of InuYasha and held her hands up as the hanyou raised his claws, “Come quickly. Sesshomaru is already on Rin's trail.”
InuYasha grunted and brushed back her. Stepping over the dead bodies of the three cat demons Shippo and InuYasha had kill, the rest of the group followed.
InuYasha suddenly stopped, causing Miroku and Shippo to run into him.
“Ow.”
Shippo glared at InuYasha from his spot on the floor, “Why'd you stop?”
InuYasha's ears twitched and he turned to look at a door on his left, “Tetsusaiga's in there.”
Kagome stood at his shoulder, “Are you sure?”
InuYasha nodded stiffly, “Positive. I can feel it.”
Miroku reached over and tried the handle; the door swung open.
“Geez,” Shippo muttered, “This guy is either really dumb, or really confident that we wouldn't escape.”
Adena sighed slightly as the gang retrieved their weapons, “It is neither. He didn't want to waste is energy on placing a spell. His main focus is Rin and the jewel. Come. We must hurry now. He could have already begun!”
A low growl caught Sango's attention and she spun around, “More cat-demons” she called over her shoulder. Miroku took a stance beside her, “You all go ahead. Sango and I can handle this.”
InuYasha grunted his thanks and grabbed Kagome's arm, “Let's go. They've got it.”
Kagome smiled at Sango before turning and running down the hall with InuYasha and Shippo.
“Don't stay on our account Adena” Miroku smiled, “This will be just like old times.”
Adena nodded, “Take care.”
Her voice echoed as she shimmered away.
Sango pulled out her katana, “I can't use my Hiraikotsu in these hallways.”
Miroku placed a hand on Sango's arm and pulled her to him in a suddenly kiss.
“Miroku! Wha-”
“I love you Sango.”
Sango blushed, “I love you too” she whispered.
He released her arm and took a battle stance beside her, “Always by your side.”
 
Sesshomaru snarled in frustration as the wall in front of him. He knew Rin was behind it and he had no way of getting through. It was protected by some kind of barrier that not even Toukijin could break.
“Honestly. Sometimes you're a bull-headed as your brother.” Adena appeared at his side.
“Don't compare me to that half breed.” Sesshomaru snapped.
“Nice to see you too brother” InuYasha said dryly as he walked up with Kagome and Shippo.
Sesshomaru ignored him and looked at Adena, “How do we get through?”
Kagome suddenly whirled around and drew an arrow, “You better make it quick, we've got company!”
Adena touched the wall and closed her eyes. “Not all of us can” she said softly, “I can bend the barrier…but only enough for demons to get through.”
She looked back at InuYasha, “You can go too…but it'll be painful at first.”
Shippo looked over his shoulder, “What are you waiting for InuYasha?!”
InuYasha growled at him then nodded at Adena, “Do it.”
Adena turned back to the wall; placing her hands on it she closed her eyes and started a fast chant.
The wall started turning blue and went into a state of flux.
“NOW!” Adena cried.
Sesshomaru leaped forward without hesitation; InuYasha grabbed Shippo's arm and followed his brother.
Adena stepped back the wall returned to normal.
Good luck
She turned to stand beside Kagome as more demons started coming down the hallway.
Sighing deeply she smiled briefly, “Now…we fight.”
She looked back at the wall, “It was your love that protected her before Dog Lord” she murmured, “Don't be afraid to let it again.”
 
Interesting” Jyrana mused to himself, “The Western Lord is in love with a human. And the human I hold here with me no less. If she truly returns these feelings….no. I will sway her from them. If her soul if tainted with too much love it will not turn evil.”
Jyrana looked back at Rin “You don't have to try and hide your feelings from me Rin. I know everything about you, remember? And I know your heart. Your heart that has fallen for a demon. Funny how love works, sometimes without you even knowing it. But to fall in love with a demon” he shook his head, “Will only end in heartbreak. I don't think he love you as much as you want him too.”
Rin held her chin high, “I never said I expected his love. I am his ward not his lover. But I know he will do anything to save me.”
“Really? Then why wasn't he here with you family dear child? Do you honestly expect a demon lord to drop everything just because a human is in danger?”
Rin flinched slightly and Jyrana smiled inwardly.
“I am not just any human. He cares for me and has protected me before”
She held her high as she spoke up Jyrana could here a slight waver in her voice.
She was faltering. Doubting.
If she doubted enough, he could overcome her feelings.
“Then who do you think has claimed his love?”
She glared at him; “I don't think he loves anyone” she shot back.
“Oh my dear Rin…why would you say such a thing? He is here risking his life to save you. Though I never thought the son of the Great Dog Demon would lower himself so much as to rescue a human.”
“My Lord Sesshomaru is a very valiant demon. He will not waver from his duties to protect me just because I'm a human!” she snapped.
“He sent you away 8 years ago Rin.”
Rin clenched her jaw and turned away.
Jyrana just laughed and stepped back. He had done all he needed. She was in doubt, and there was no way to change it.
 
Sesshomaru landed softly and looked around. Stretching out before him was a long and dark hallway with a high ceiling.
Hearing a loud thump, he turned to see Shippo and InuYasha lying in a heap behind him. Shippo quickly unscrambled their legs and stood.
Looking down he frowned in concern, “Are you okay InuYasha?”
InuYasha was holding his gut and breathing heavily.
That Whisperer wasn't kidding when she said it would be painful.”
Grunting softly as he stood, InuYasha shook his head before Shippo could speak, “I'm fine” he gasped out. His face was deathly pale and his head was pounding like crazy.
“I'm fine” he repeated, “Let's just go and get Rin.”
Sesshomaru suddenly tensed and put a hand to his chest. “Whatwhat is happening?”
“We've got guests!”
Sesshomaru looked up to see hordes of men walking to them, all in a zombie like state.
InuYasha smirked and straighten as best he could, “Let's get going.”
 
Jyrana dragged Rin up the stairs and across the catwalk. At the end there stood a large blue bubble. Jyrana took Rin's arm and thrust it into the orb and she screamed in pain.
Her heart skipped a beat.
Jyrana pulled Rin's arm out and she fell back into his arm; all her strength had left her. The orb started to spin and Jyrana grunted in satisfaction.
“I have given the Jewel a taste of your soul. That is why you are so weak. The faster the orb spins, to more of your soul it will take.”
Rin's put a hand to her head as her vision started to blur.
“Lord Sesshomaru” she whispered before her world went black.
 
Sesshomaru hesitated slightly as he felt the temperature drop.
“What's wrong Sesshomaru?” InuYasha shouted as he knocked another man out.
Sesshomaru shook his head and raise his arm as a man rushed at him. “Rin needs us now InuYasha. Stop wasting you and just kill them.”
“But it's not their choice!” Shippo argued as he jumped out of the way of a sword.
We don't have a choice. Rin is going to die!”
InuYasha sighed deeply, “He's right Shippo. We have to save Rin.”
Shippo started to shake his head then his shoulders just drooped.
“Okay” he whispered.
Sesshomaru drew his sword and InuYasha crackled his fingers.
“Lord Sesshomaru”
Sesshomaru froze. The voice was faint but he'd recognize it anywhere.
“Rin” he whispered.
He placed his sword at his side again and ran down the hallways.
“Hey!” InuYasha shouted “Get back here!”
But Sesshomaru paid him no mind. He had to get to Rin.
“Figures” Shippo muttered before turning to a cluster of men.
“FOX FIRE!”
 
Sesshomaru finally reached a large door at the end of the hallway. He pushed but it wouldn't budge.
Backing up, he used his demon speed and ran at the door; he broke through it and burst into a cave.
On his left he saw a tall stone stairwell that led up to a catwalk which in turn stretched out to the middle of the cave. Sitting at the edge of the catwalk was a large spinning orb. Its lights and flashing colors lit the entire cave.
And beside the orb lay Rin's limp figure.
Sesshomaru growled and started for the stairwell.
“She was so sure you'd come”
Sesshomaru stopped and halfway turned to the shadows, “Jyrana” he snarled.
Jyrana stepped out with a smirked;” You're becoming quite a bothersome demon Dog Lord.”
Sesshomaru growled, his fangs gleaming in the light.
“Don't bare you teeth at me Dog. I am not afraid of you. The child isn't either. Which brings up the question….why do you protect her?”
Toukijin was quickly drawn, “Why do you care?”
Jyrana laughed and drew his own sword, “I see. It is because you don't know yourself.”
Their swords clashed, “Perhaps she is sense of duty?”
Sesshomaru stepped back and blocked.
“Or maybe a favor to your brother.”
Sesshomaru snarled and pushed Jyrana back forcefully.
He did a back flip and landed gracefully, “No” he crossed his arms and tapped his chin thoughtfully, “No I do not believe it is any of those.”
He suddenly rushed at Sesshomaru; the sound of their swords echoed throughout the cave.
“I think” Jyrana said in a harsh whisper, “That you, great Dog Lord, are in love with her.”
Sesshomaru's eyes widened slightly then went back to their cold state.
“You are mad”
Jyrana chuckled and leaped up above Sesshomaru's head on to a ledge, “Yes. So I've been told.”
“You can't enter that orb. It will kill you.”
Jyrana held up his arm to show a deep cut, “It has tasted of my blood. I will not be harmed.”
He leaped up to Rin's side and picked the girl up, “And now…I will begin my quest.”
 
 
Sango leaned against the wall and slowly slid down. It had been too long since she had been in a fight for her life. The adrenaline rush was exhilarating and exhausting and she could no longer stand. Looking down at her hands, she realized she was trembling as well.
“Sango?”
Sango's head snapped up, “Yes Miroku?”
“Are you alright?”
Sango crawled over to her husband's form that was sprawled out on the floor. Leaning over him she smiled, “Yes. I am fine. And you?”
Miroku winced and shrugged, “I-I- don't know dearest. Hold me in your arms.”
Sango felt fear seize her heart at his words, “Was he wounded and I didn't see?”
Sango gently held his upper body in her arms, “What's wrong?” she whispered.
Miroku breathed deeply, “I just-I just wanted to say….”
“He's dying!” Sango's mind screamed and tears started to fill her eyes.
“Will you give me the honor of bearing my children?”
Sango nearly choked as she felt his hand rubbing her.
“MIROKU!!!!!!”
Sango none to gently shoved him away and he fell to the floor laughing, “Oh my dear Sango. I couldn't resist. You see-”
He stopped when he saw the tears in Sango's eyes. Immediately he sobered, “I'm sorry Sango.”
He held up his arms, “I am uninjured. See?”
Sango reached over and took hold of her Hiraikotsu. Miroku gulped and smiled nervously, “Well….so much for being unharmed.
“Now Sango dear, it was just a joke.”
SLAM.
 
Kagome pulled back her bow string and let another arrow fly.
“You are quite a skilled marks man.” Adena said softly as she put up a barrier to let Kagome rest.
Kagome sighed deeply as she sat down, “When we returned home, I kept practicing” she shrugged, “I guess a part of me always hoped I could one day return here.”
Adena smiled, “With Jyrana gone, you will be able to.”
“No. No we can't. Rin can't come back here.”
“And why is that?”
“This isn't her home. Besides if she stays she'll be with Sesshomaru.”
Adena raised an eyebrow, “Would that be such a bad thing?”
“Yes!”
Kagome sighed and looked away, “I guess. I just can't stand the thought of leaving her here. Even with Jyrana gone it's too dangerous.”
Kagome nodded her head firmly, “Yes. When Jyrana is gone, we all are going home.”
Adena shook her head and Kagome stood and grabbed her bow again, “You forget Kagome.”
She dropped the barrier, “This is her home.”
 
Sesshomaru growled fiercely, leaped up the steps after Jyrana.
Jyrana turned, “You are starting to test my patience!”
“Like I care!” Sesshomaru snapped, he took a step closer and Jyrana pulled Rin close, “You're too late Sesshomaru, the girl is dead and there is nothing you can do about it! Even your sword will not be able to wake her again; for I have taken her soul!”
Sesshomaru felt his blood boil and his eyes turned red, “You will die!” he snarled and lunged at the demon. Jyrana just laughed and held up a hand; a barrier stopped Sesshomaru cold.
“Why are you so angry Sesshomaru?” Jyrana taunted, “Did this girl mean something to you? I thought you called me mad for suggesting such a thing.”
With an angry roar Sesshomaru slashed at the barrier with Toukijin; it had no effect.
Tensaiga pulsed at Sesshomaru side.
“There is nothing you can do Dog Demon, this barrier is not one of this earth.”
Without a second thought Sesshomaru dropped Toukijin and drew his father's sword
Tensaiga, you saved Rin's life once before. Now I asked you to do it again.”
“You're making a fool out of yourself Sesshomaru! Don't waste-” Jyrana cut off with a gasp as Sesshomaru thrust Tensaiga into the barrier and broke through.
“No! Not possible!” Jyrana snarled as his barrier fell.
Sesshomaru jumped and gasped Jyrana's neck, “I'll kill you for hurting her” he snarled.
Jyrana held a hand over Rin's heart, “Release me Sesshomaru, or I'll destroy her heart.”
“She is already dead!”
“No! Not yet. Her body is in a flux, so I can use her soul to break the spell in the jewel. She is not dead.”
Jyrana's eyes narrowed, “But she will be if I destroy her heart. Let me go.”
“If you do that, your spell won't work.”
“I have enough of her soul. It will take longer without all of her soul, but I can manage. Lease me.”
Sesshomaru growled but loosened his grip and let Jyrana step back.
“I'm surprised Sesshomaru, you let a human girl decided you fate. I must say I never expected that from you.”
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed.
The large orb behind them was spinning so fast it appeared to be standing still.
Jyrana grinned, “That's my queue. Wait here Sesshomaru and you can see first hand the true power of the Shikon jewel.”
Jyrana turned and started to enter the orb, Rin still lying limp in his arms.
“Wait!” Sesshomaru hissed, “You can't take her in there; she'll die.”
Jyrana smirked, “I know. You really are a fool Sesshomaru. She was going to die either way.”
Sesshomaru lunged forward to grab Jyrana but instead caught Rin's arm.
She shivered.
Jyrana was half way into the orb when he felt Rin shiver.
Looking down he frowned, “What? How did she move?”
He saw Sesshomaru's hold on her and laughed bitterly, “Still trying to save her Sesshomaru? You're too late. Just let her go!”
“Only through the purest action can evil be stopped.”
Adena's voice echoed through Sesshomaru's mind.
“Rin” he whispered,
Jyrana drew his sword and stabbed Sesshomaru in the arm, causing him to release his hold on Rin.
“She's mine!” Jyrana yelled with an evil smile before jumping into the orb.
InuYasha and Shippo burst into the room just as Jyrana jumped.
“NO!!!!!”
 
InuYasha and Shippo ran down the hall, not even pausing to fight the zombies.
“You think Sesshomaru got to her in time?”
InuYasha growled, “He better have. Running off like that!”
They reached a large door and tried to push it open.
“Don't have time!” InuYasha snarled.
“Try your Tetsusaiga.”
InuYasha backed up and pulled out his sword. Transforming it he focused on the door, “WIND SCAR!”
The door burst open and the door rushed inside; just in time to see Sesshomaru fall back and Jyrana jump into a large orb.
InuYasha fell to his knees, “NO!!!!!”
 
Sesshomaru stared at the orb, not bothering with the blood that was seeping through his sleeve.
Rin
Jyrana stood in the middle, his face looking upward and Rin still in his arms.
Rindon't give up. Fight him.”
Out of the corner of his eye he saw Shippo grabbed InuYasha's arm to keep him from coming up the steps. Sesshomaru could also see tears in the hanyou's eyes.
The colors from the orb became brighter.
Rin scream filled the air.
Inside, Sesshomaru could see Jyrana's aura becoming stronger while Rin's was rapidly weakening.
Though her body still lay still, her scream of terror surrounded him.
She was sacred. She was in pain. She was dying.
Sesshomaru closed his eyes, “Don't die Rin. You have to fight against him. You're strong. Fight him!”
“Please Rin” Sesshomaru whispered, “I need you.”
 
His heart skipped a beat; then two beat together.
 
Rin's eyes flew up.
Jyrana opened his eyes when he felt his power flow slow down.
He gasped when he saw Rin looking back up at him, “How the hell?”
Rin slowly sat up and looked over at Jyrana, “You can't kill me” she whispered and pushed herself away. Jyrana stumbled as Rin landed gracefully on her feet.
“How the hell did you wake up?” Jyrana snarled.”
“Someone woke up her heart”
Adena appeared next to Rin, “You are fighting against something that can't be beat Jyrana.”
Jyrana's lips curled into a sneer, “And what's that?”
“Love.”
 
Sesshomaru watched in awe as Rin suddenly stood and faced Jyrana; her aura starting to glow brightly again.
“How?”
“Sesshomaru!”
InuYasha and Shippo came running across the catwalk.
“What the hell happened?”
Sesshomaru shook his head, “I don't know. But Rin's alive.”
“We have to help her.” InuYasha said and started forward.
“Stop fool!” Sesshomaru snapped and grabbed InuYasha's arm, “Not even a full demon can enter; you'll be killed.”
“Why?”
“That's the pure power of the Shikon Jewel. Jyrana can pass through because it's been tainted with his blood.
“Then how come Rin's okay?”
 
“In your eager to gain power Jyrana, you forgot to read the rest of the prophecy.”
Rin looked at Adena, “There's more?”
“Yes”
“And how would you know that Whisperer?” Jyrana snarled.
“Because it was a Whisperer who made the prophecy.”
Rin looked back and forth between Jyrana and Adena, “It was? What did the rest say?”
Jyrana glared as Adena recited the prophecy.
“Created from a warrior's sacrifice and lusted after in blood;
This jewel of power and beauty.
It will be given to a priestess fair and just;
To guard and protect.
Betrayed by a spell, will she and her love be;
Leaving this world in flames, the jewel and her soul will entwine.
Though years will past, it shall again roam over many lands and times.
Heaven bound and Hell damned shall seek it power; to become one with himself.
To one it will grant a wish; to another all power and supreme life.
Fallen glory shall seek out the innocent maiden; pure in heart and mind.
The child with her soul bound to one world and her body residing in another.
Only by her gentle hand can the true power be reveled.”
Adena held up a hand, “Figures you would stop there Jyrana, but that was not the ending.
“Only with the truest intentions and words from the heart,
Can the dark hold be broken; and life restored to the one who lost.”
“There was no love!” Jyrana snarled.
“That's where you're wrong” Adena whispered.
“It was declared…not moment ago.”
She nodded so Sesshomaru, “You cannot win Jyrana.”
Jyrana face twisted into a sneer, “We'll see about that!”
He jumped at Rin just as Adena place her hand on the child's back,
You have the power to stop him Rin. Now I have given you the knowledge to wield that power.”
Rin gasped as bursts of energy suddenly rushed through her body.
Jyrana stepped back as Rin's body began to glow, “What have to done?” he snarled
Rin closed her eyes; every sense, every thought was on fire. But it did not burn. Instead it brought her peace.
Use it.”
Rin's eyes snapped opened and she leveled Jyrana with a gaze so beautiful and so terrifying it would have brought the angel's of heaven to their knees.
She stepped towards Jyrana, her hands raised.
“I will not cower before a human!” he spat and raised his own hands.
Light and darkness clashed and sent the colors of the orb into a frenzy.
 
InuYasha bit his lips so hard he drew blood, “What's going on?”
Rin and Jyrana now stood hand to hand, dark and light energy crackling around them.
Adena suddenly appeared next to them, “This is her fight.”
InuYasha fell over and Shippo yelped, “Where the hell did you come from?”
“I thought only demon's could pass through” Sesshomaru said coolly.
Adena nodded, “Yes, I am not truly here; just a projection of myself.”
“You left Kagome alone?” InuYasha barked.
“No. Sango and Miroku have arrived.”
“What's happening with Rin?” Shippo asked.
“Rin is a very powerful being, even though she is a human. She had the power to defeat Jyrana. But I gave her the knowledge.”
Shippo's eyes widened, “But…I thought humans couldn't handle all knowledge.”
“They can't…I must release it from her once Jyrana is defeated.”
“You mean if he's defeated.” InuYasha muttered sourly.
Adena looked straight at Sesshomaru, “This is why I told you, you must understand your feelings before you came to her.”
“If I waited any longer, she would be dead.”
“And if you do not stay true and strong to your feelings, she will die anyways!”
Adena placed a hand on Sesshomaru's arm, “Her life is tied to you love.”
She shimmered away, “Never forget that.”
 
Rin closed her eyes, “What did Adena mean I have the power? I'm just a human. How am I doing this?”
Rin saw something flicker out of the corner of her eye.
It was Sesshomaru.
Jyrana laughed, “You are weakening child. Give it up! That demon lord's love will never save you.”
“Sesshomaru” Rin breathed.
And in that instant; she knew.
“Love is the most powerful weapon of all Jyrana” Rin whispered.
Jyrana gasped as Rin's energy began to over take his.
“It can destroy what can't be seen.
Jyrana fell back from Rin's touch.
“All fears and doubts are taken away.”
The power that Jyrana had taken from the Jewel started to slip from his body.
“It brings up comfort when sad.”
Jyrana's cried of pain filled the air as his body began to disengage into dust.
“It can take evil away.”
Rin fell to her knees and started at the pile of ashes before her.
“Rin”
Rin looked up to see Adena standing beside her,
“It was strange. I didn't realize….. Love was all…that was need to destroy him. In all honestly I didn't really even know I was in love…until Jyrana said something.”
Adena smiled, “Sometimes….even as powerful as love is…it needs a little nudge to get going.”
Adena placed a hand on Rin's head, “Just remember Rin. Time can never change true love.”
Rin gasped softly as she felt the rush of energy get pulled from her body.
What is meant to be; will always find a way to be.”
Rin closed her eyes and fell to the ground.
 
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW!