InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Spy With My Little Eye ❯ Crunch time ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FTAM: School's been back for a month now but at least I can write the next chapter. I had to leave my laptop at home when I went on holiday so I couldn't do any writing.
Since it's 2007 I will invite everyone's `favourite' character: (because I'm so kind)
 
 
Wait for it
 
(Drum Roll)
 
 
Kikyo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“We're here!” Kagome rushed out of the car and widened her eyes.
 
The place where the agency once stood was now crumbling, black ashen, remains.
 
Miroku whistled.
 
“Whoever did it burn this up pretty badly.” He commented.
 
“Badly? There's practically nothing left.” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Ah…there you guys are. Please follow me.” Kagura appeared out of nowhere and started walking briskly in front of them.
 
She stopped at the back of the remains and turned towards them.
 
“I want to speak to all of you one by one. The rest of you can go explore what's left of this building if you want. Inuyasha, you're first.” She commanded.
 
Kagome peered into the building. She coughed as the soot flied into her nose and all over her face.
 
“I used to love this place.” Sango said sadly glancing at it.
 
“I don't think I want to go inside, it doesn't look safe.” Kagome sat back outside watching Sango and Miroku walk slowly or rather climb into it.
 
She turned and saw Inuyasha who seemed to be outrage about something and was waving his arms about as Kagura was trying to clam him down.
 
`I wonder what it is.' Kagome thought as she suddenly heard a yell.
 
“Are you guys all right?” She asked worriedly and ran after them.
 
“Whoah!” Kagome jumped aside as a board fell from what used to be a ceiling and narrowly missed her head.
 
“Look what I found!” Sango said eagerly shoving the note into Kagome's hands.
 
“I was the one who found it first.” Miroku protested.
 
“But I picked it up first.” Sango argued back.
 
Kagome peered at the note which was burnt around the edges.
 
Oops. Did I say two months? I really meant a month and a half. Oh well, here's a little present I sent to you. I thought your agency needed a little `touch up'. Do you like it? I sure do.”
 
Kagome read it aloud and saw her friends' faces darkened.
 
“Naraku.” Sango spat out.
 
“Is he always this funny?” Kagome raised her eyebrows.
 
Sango was just about to reply when they heard an odd wailing sound. Kagome started to walk nearer to the source.
 
“Hello?” She asked cautiously.
 
“My cars…all my babies…gone…gone!” Miroku wailed putting his hands on his head.
 
“Miroku.” Kagome touched his shoulder gingerly.
 
She observed the scene. The garage was now full of black ashes and odd bits of metal and rubber.
 
“I'm sure they managed to save most of the cars.” Kagome said reassuringly.
 
“Actually, since it's a bomb, they didn't.” Sango answered as she walked up to them.
 
She turned to Miroku. “It's your turn to talk to Kagura. I've just finished.”
 
Miroku nodded and wearing gloves, he took the note with him to bring to Kagura.
 
“Really?” Kagome was surprised. “She thought she was talking to Inuyasha.”
 
“She was but then it was my turn after.”
 
“That was quick.” Kagome commented.
 
Sango started giggling.
 
“What is it?”
 
“You'll see.” Sango giggled again.
 
“Why not tell me now?” Kagome pleaded.
 
“Umm…” Sango pretended to think. “No.”
 
“Wish granted. She'll speak to you now.” Miroku came up to them with a grin as big as a Cheshire cat.
 
“That must be a record time. What did you guess do. Speak really fast?” Kagome said still annoyed that she didn't know what they were so happy about.
 
“I do need to discuss with Sango.” Miroku paused. “Don't keep Kagura waiting.”
 
Kagome ignored them and their grinning faces and left the ruins behind until she was surrounded by trees. Kagura waited for her under a huge oak tree.
 
“Did you know that this tree is 500 years old?” Kagura said touching the bark.
 
“Umm…that's nice.” Kagome said uneasily.
 
“Alright, enough of the small talk, I have things to discuss with you.” Kagura faced her.
 
Kagome waited.
 
“Naraku has planted a bomb on this building. It was a rather interesting feature. In fact Shippo can tell you about it. Shippo!” Kagura tried to find him.
 
“I'm here.” Shippo smiled brightly walking towards them.
 
His face darkened as he thought about the bomb.
 
“I had just finished inventing this bomb,” he explained. “You need to bury it on the place where you want to set it off and then set in the time. What happens is the entire building's electronic devices would go haywire and set off the fire alarm. That way everyone has ten minutes to get out of the building before it explodes. It was designed to destroy evidence and not hurt any civilians in return.”
 
“So…I guess that's what happened today then.” Kagome said quietly.
 
“Yes. Naraku likes to give friendly warnings to his enemies too. Just to tell them that he will always be one step ahead of them.” Kagura glared at the note and ripped it into shreds.
 
“What are you doing?” Kagome cried out watching the pieces scattered. “That's DNA evidence!”
 
Kagura shrugged. “We already know its Naraku anyway.”
 
“We had a problem with the other agency too yesterday. I promised that I wouldn't tell you guys about it until today.” Shippo sighed.
 
Kagome widened her eyes.
 
“Smoke was somehow filled into every room and corridor, we could barely see and escape. I have still yet to find out how it was done.” Shippo said thoughtfully.
 
“Did everyone get out?” Kagome was worried.
 
“Yes. All but one.” Shippo didn't meet her eye.
 
“Kagome, Kanna disappeared.” Kagura said matter of factly.
 
“What do you mean disappeared? You can't just disappear into thin air.” Kagome placed her hands on her hip.
 
“She did.” Shippo said seriously. “When the smoke cleared she was completely gone.”
 
“We also found.” Kagura pursed her lips. “That she is not who she seemed to be. Since she was hired around the time Mr Takahashi died. Everyone was in panic and frenzy so maybe that's why we didn't just in detail enough. Whoever this Kanna was was an imposter.”
 
“What will happen now?” Kagome asked absorbing the information.
 
“That's where you and Inuyasha come in. The real Kanna happens to own a hotel at the outskirts of Tokyo. I would like you two to go and do some investigation. See how she is linked to all of this, now.”
 
“Now. You mean right now. Is this a long mission? I've got…”
 
Kagura put out her hand in front of her. “You've only got a week till term break anyway. Just count this as an extra week of holiday.”
 
“There is one thing though.” Kagura started to look a little nervous. “The hotel is quite popular and there's only one room that has vacancy left. It's the honeymoon suite.”
 
Kagome just stood still in shock.
 
“So…umm…”
 
“Oh no! No! You don't!.” Kagome panicked as she sensed what was coming.
 
“Oh come on. It's not real. In three weeks your marriage certificate will be gone.” She snapped her fingers.
 
Inuyasha came trudging along towards her.
 
“Kagura, you deserve to die.” He grumbled as he stood right opposite of Kagome and kneeled down.
 
Kagome gasped. “What are you doing?”
 
“This is so romantic and so much fun.” Kagura smiled wickedly.
 
“Kagome.” Inuyasha refused to meet her eye and looked at the sky. “Will you marry me?”
 
Kagome opened her mouth and shut it.
 
“Yes…say yes…” Sango and Miroku were whispering to her from behind the bushes they were hiding in all along.
 
Kagome stared at Inuyasha. “Do I have a choice?”
 
“You think I wanted to do this?” Inuyasha glared back.
 
“Fine I'll marry you.” Kagome said glaring back at him.
 
Miroku came up to them. “And I now pronounced you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” He said in a very serious tone.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha both blushed and looked away from each other.
 
“Just sign here and this will declare that you are officially married.” Kagura shoved papers into their faces.
 
“The things I go through.” Kagome groaned. “Isn't it bad enough that I have to pretend that Inuyasha is my boyfriend to my family so they wouldn't question why he usually comes to pick me up to go to the agency for training?”
 
“Honey, you just married me.” Inuyasha smirked.
 
Kagome felt that this was going to be one long mission.
 
“I hope Naraku rots in jail.” Kagome frowned as she signed the papers.
 
“So does everyone else.” Kagura said satisfied and left with the papers.
 
“The suite is ready for you tonight. So you better go and pack now.” Kagura started to leave.
 
“Wait. What about them?” Kagome pointed at Sango and Miroku.
 
“Us? Oh we need to help Kagura around here and we just hired a new secretary to replace Kanna.” Sango told her.
 
“Kagome, can I speak to you for a second?” Shippo asked.
 
“Sure.” They left.
 
“You better treat my best friend right or else watch out.” Sango threatened Inuyasha.
 
“Keh.” Inuyasha tried to shrug it off.
 
“Good afternoon,” a calm voice spoke from behind them.
 
There stood a woman who looked like older version of Kagome but with calm, no nonsense manner and her business suit.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha asked uncertainly.
 
“Who is that? My name is Kikyo.” She replied.
 
“Of course. You just kinda look like her.” Sango said to her.
 
“Hmph.” Kikyo drew her mouth into a thin line.
 
“I'll show you around.” Sango hastily pulled her away.
 
“Guys?” Kagome walked back.
 
“See that's Kagome, cheerful personality. I don't get it. Why is it that all the secretaries the agency has ever hired are all so solemn?” Miroku pondered aloud.
 
Kagome raised her eyebrows.
 
“It's just the new secretary, Kikyo who resembles like you.” Miroku explained.
 
“I'll like to meet her then.” Kagome looked around.
 
“What did Shippo want?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Oh he just told me that he did not bring any gadgets with him and since we need to get going now. I'll have to use yours.”
 
“You're not touching any of my things.”
 
“Yes I am. You can't stop me.” Kagome said defiantly.
 
“You better hurry and go before Kagura comes back and finds out that you two are still here.” Miroku warned.
 
“Alright then. Goodbye Miroku.” Kagome waved and left with Inuyasha.
 
“Was that a woman's voice I heard? “Kikyo reappeared with Sango alongside her.
 
“Yes, that was Kagome. She just left.” Miroku said glancing in Kagome's direction.
 
“What a shame. I wanted to meet the girl that looks like me.” Kikyo said softly.
 
“There's always another time.” Sango said reassuringly.
 
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>
 
 
 

“Aaah! Slow down! Slow down!” Kagome screamed as she clutched her stomach tightly.
 
“Stop complaining wench! I normally have to slow down for you anyways. But this is a long journey. I want to get there quicker.” Inuyasha said annoyed at her screaming.
 
“Stop the car.” Kagome screeched.
 
Inuyasha braked immediately. “What's going on?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “We're there.”
 
“Keh. I knew that.” Inuyasha unbuckled his seatbelt.
 
“Tulip Hotel.” Kagome read the sign. “Why tulips?”
 
“How would I know? Ask them. At least you know where this place is.” Inuyasha nodded at a bellboy who came and took their luggage.
 
“What is that suppose to mean? Kagome narrowed her eyes. “You told me the location of the agency last week.”
 
“Yeah but it's burnt down now. Not much use that would do.”
 
“Where would it be located now?” Kagome asked curiously.
 
“None of your business.” Inuyasha said curtly.
 
“Of course it is, your family is my family now. Your business is my business.” Kagome brightened up realizing what this would mean.
 
“Come on. We better go in.” Inuyasha said quickly and dragged her in.
 
 
 
 
 
<**><**><**><**><**>
 
 
 
 
 
“Akoga! Is the honeymoon suite ready yet? They'll be here any second now!” A woman bellowed impatiently.
 
“Calm down. It's all sorted this morning.” Akoga replied calmly used to his older sister's bossiness.
 
“I can't believe Inuyasha is coming here. I would like to talk to him again.” She curled her hands into fists.
 
“Honestly.” Akoga shook his head. “You're acting like a kid.”
 
“I'm not a kid. You're a kid. I'm an adult.” She said hotly.
 
“Sure. Oh, there they are now, Kanna.”
 
Kanna watched Inuyasha walk out of the car. “Yes, there they are.”