InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ Rin, a miko! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sesshourmaru stepped calmly over the pile of ash that was once Jenkin.

'Figures Rin would have to be a miko'

Rin had grown from the child she had been. She was now eleven years old and on the verge of adolescense. Her emerging miko powers were not helping the situation.

'I will have to find her a teacher. I know few mikos who would not try to purify me on sight. Keade was much too old and frail. Kikyo, that walking clay pot, was intirely unsuitable. that left but one person. . . '

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"SIT!"

"BITCH! What was that for!"

"like you don't know! You've called me Kikyo for the last time! I refuse to live in her shadow any longer. Now that Naraku is dead I'm finding the last few shards and going HOME!"

"Not if I destroy the well first"

Kagome stopped yelling. "You just don't get it anymore. Do you?" she said calmly. "I can't be around you anymore. You're driving my crazy. I keep beating my brains out for you. And it's not enough. You still see me as a shadow of your ex-girlfriend. NEWS FLASH! Your ex IS a shadow. She shouldn't even exist any more! And I'm tired of it all. I'm leaving."

Kagome retrieved the three shards from Kouga and she defeated a bear demon for the fourth. the last one drew her into the heart of the western lands.

"you seem to be looking for something wench."

"It figures. I've spent years completing this damn jewel and now you have to have the last peice. Kami, bring me Beasts, bring me Demons. Any one but him."

Sesshoumaru almost smirked. Almost.


"thank you for your sentiments. I have an offer for you. Two to be precise. One or the other. The first is this; I give you the shard and you accompany me to my home there I have a task for you."

"And behind door number two?"

"If you refuse the first I will take you anyway, you will do what I tell you and I will keep the last shard for myself. Not that I need it."

"Oh choices choices. how about I just take the shard now and go to my home as planned?''

"you were given no such choice."

"GRRRRRRRRR. Where do you get off ordering me around any way?!"

"easy, you are on my lands. I am the ruler here. I can comand you as I please."

"Thanks but no thanks."

"You will accompany me."

Kagome had to admit she was curious as to the task only she could perform. (Author having really naughty thoughts. Bad Author, Bad.)

"Fine, I want the jewel now."

"Once we are in the castle. You may have the jewel."

"Fine!" ' Not like I have any other plans'

I followed the demon lord to his castle. It was as majestic as I could have imagined. The castle was almost barren but gave a hint of icy beauty.

'Very like Sesshoumaru.'

'Wait a minute, Where did that come form. did I just say Sesshourmaru has icy beauty?'

"fine were here. The Jewel now."

He handed me a cup of wine and I politely took a sip.

"you are now a ward of my home. You are bound to this castle. You must stay inside the bounds I have set. Failure to comply could mean your life."

"Is that a threat."

"that is simply a fact." He smirked one of his rare smiles. "your Shard."

I purified the shard and the jewel was complete.

the scar where the jewel first came out started to open and bleed. I could feel the flesh ripping deeper and deeper. The jewel glowed and my hands moved by their own accord. I pushed the jewel back into my body where it belonged.

My powers resealed the wound and wove spells around it to protect the jewel. After all my travels and battles in the last week the spells took the last of my strength and I slipped happily into unconscousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as her shirt stained with blood but she reached down clamly and placed the jewel into the opening wound. Then I watched as she placed protective spells around the scar. The amount of energy she was using was nothing short of amazing.

'wait a minute. did I just call this wench amazing?'

It was strange one minute she was full of power and life, the next she was collaping in to my arms.

The miko was almost weightless in my arms. I carried her exhausted form into a room between Rin's and my own.

I watched as she peacefully slept through the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the sense of a miko near me. At first I thought Keade. But I remembered where I was. The miko's power seemed so close and calling to be used. I opened my eyes and a grin spread across Rin's face.

RIN IS A MIKO!?