InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ leavetaking ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

spent about two years in Sesshoumaru's castle teaching Rin all I knew. His attitude towards me remained about the same. Almost.

At first he was indifferent to my presence here but last year he began to take over wepeons training. This way we began to talk more to discuss lessons and improvements. After a while I guess you could say we became fond of eachother. Friends.

Today I was planning on showing Rin a Risky move that should only be used in a life or death situation. It's very dangerous. Of course I didn't tell Sesshoumaru of this. I wanted him off guard. I told Rin to watch carefully.

We bowed and raised our Kendo swords and began to circle. Suddenly Sesshoumaru charged and I raised my sword in defense. They clashed together and I heaved him away. We went on like this for some time. He would attack and I would block. I would attack he would counter. Slowly he was wearing me down.

I guess it's now or never

I jumped and swung down on him with all my might. Halfway there I released my right hand. He moved up to block and I saw the opening. On his left side. At the same time he saw the opening on my left. He dodged in to the left and I aimed my free hand for his side comeing toward me. As she moved in he drug his sword down. I missed with my sword but my hand made contact with his chest, right below his heart. A breaths of a second later his sword hit my open side with a sickening thud.

"I win. Are you injured?"

"I won. I made first contact."

"Barely a tap."

"Yes but if it was charged with Miko powers. . . "

"But it wasn't"

"But it would have been if we were really fighting. . . "

"That is but speculation."

"Oh quit being a sore loser. I'm the one in pain. Rin did you see what I did?"

"Yes."

"Good then we can call it quits for the day and I can take a dip in the hot springs."

Rin helped me wrap my now black and blue side and left me in peace. I opened the doors to my garden and let the cool air flow through my thin robe. The late winter chill held promise of an early spring.

"Are you happy here, Kagome?"

"OF course Sesshoumaru."

"Then why do you look so longingly to the world our side?"

"I guess I miss it."

"So my boundries chaff so badly you are not happy anymore?"

"your boundries are streached far. So far I cannot see them from her. But boundries I have and yes they do chaff."

"But if I were to take away the boundry line. Would you leave me?" He sounded hurt.

He stepped colser to me but I did not trust myself to turn to him.

"Perhaps." He sighed. "For a while. But I've come to call your castle home. I don't think I could stay away long."

"Truely?" He placed his hands onmy arms.

"You would come back?"

"Yes"

"Then" He said reluctantly "I release you from your bonds."

he walked past me and into the garden. I ran to him and threw my arms around him.

"thank you." His hand strokd my hair and the breeze blew his around me.

"Do you feel it Sesshoumaru? The spring has come early this year."

"yes I feel it."

"I will leave in the morning"

His face betrayed no emotion but I could see dispear in his eyes.

"But I will return befor the last leaf of autumn has fallen from the trees."

"do you promise?"

"Yes. And I want you to hold this for me."

I placed a ring in his hands

"what is it?"

"my class ring. I'll explain when I get back. But this will garuntee I'll return."

"you. . . You should take Rin as well. She will need to learn to be on her own. Then this will tie ou to me as well. you have my soughter and You will have to return her."

"I promise Sesshoumaru. I'll return to you.

My eyes glistened with unshed tears adn he bent down and brushed his lips to mine. then he left.