InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Will Wait ❯ Chapter Nine: On the Other Side of Time ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Installation #2 of the mass-upload process.   I Will Wait By: Banshee Puppet Chapter Nine: On the Other Side of Time   Another season had come and gone and it was springtime once again.  Mitsuki had opened the windows to air the old mansion out and was helping the man slip into a light jacket.  “Are you certain you’ll be alright on your own, sir?” she asked.  “You do have a bit of a tendency towards getting lost.”   “It will be fine,” he replied.  “I couldn’t forget my way to this particular place after ten-thousand years.”   “Don’t forget your cell phone,” she said, tucking it into his breast pocket.  “Just in case.”   He made a scoffing noise.  “I hate that silly thing.  Don’t call unless it’s an emergency, the anime ring tone you programmed into it is annoying.”   “If it wasn’t annoying you wouldn’t answer it.”   “I’m going to be late,” he said.  “Close some of the windows before it gets too cold.”   ---   Things always seem smaller than the way you remember them.  The Higurashi shrine was no different.  He stared at the front door of Kagome’s home for some time before finally knocking.  When Mrs. Higurashi answered, he couldn’t help but wonder if she was always so very small.   The woman blinked at him a few times before recognition struck her.  “Oh my!  Sesshomaru-san!  Come in!  I hardly recognized you!  You look so different!”   “I was…much younger the last time you saw me.”   “Yes, so I see…such short hair, and where in the world is your tail?”   “I lost it somewhere along the way,” he answered cryptically.  ‘In the war,’ he thought.  ‘That blasted, pointless war.’   He hoped Kagome wouldn’t be appalled by his appearance; he knew how much he had changed over the years.  ‘It’s fine,’ he thought.  ‘She loves me…right?’   “Well, what brings you here?  Shall I make you some tea?”   “Actually, I’m expecting Kagome to return today.  I’m afraid I don’t know exactly what time.  I hoped you might allow me to wait her for her.”   The woman smiled knowingly.  “You’re always welcome, whether to wait for Kagome, or just to visit.  Please, have a seat,” she said, setting a cup of tea before him in a way that oddly reminded him of his first visit to the modern age so long ago, when Kagome had done the same.  Except…this time the demon felt like he was the one who had a lot of explaining to do.   “How long as it been for you, since you were last here, Sesshomaru?”   Sesshomaru exhaled a long breath.  “For me?...Far too long.”  The details confused, the phrases jumbled.  There was no point in explaining too fully--it was a long and drawn-out affair.  “But I believe for you, we met two years ago.  I was…much less patient back then.”   “And quite infatuated with my daughter,” she observed.  “But I suppose that much is still true or you wouldn’t be here.”   “That would be a reasonable assumption.”   (End Chapter)