InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Indian Inu ❯ Chapter 01 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters originally in this story. I may later incorporate made up ones, but they will be listed in future disclaimers.
'…' thoughts
"…" talking
Chapter 01

As Kagome sat looking at the city lights, she wandered what it may have looked like before it was a city. What was the landscape like? Who lived there? What did they do? She sighed and stood up. 'I guess I'll never know.' As she walked back towards the old mission she lived in with her mom, grandpa, and little brother Sota, she decided that she would read up on the history of the area.
Kagome and her family ran the mission as a tourist attraction. Legend had it that a girl had once lived there who was so holy that people had come from all over the world to be healed or get their fortunes told by her. Kagome vaguely remembered Grandpa saying that they were descendents of this girl. 'Maybe I should ask Grandpa to tell me more about her…'
It was starting to get dark, so Kagome hurried to do her chores before going in to dinner. Last on her list was sweeping out the old well-house. 'Why don't we just knock this thing down? It's not like the well actually works…' She started idly humming to herself while she swept, when a sudden wind came out of nowhere. Kagome sighed and watched as the wind destroyed all her work, and leaned up against the side of the well to wait for it to stop. Since she wasn't paying much attention, she at first didn't notice the bright blue light coming from the well. Then, just as she started to notice the glow, she felt a strong tug and screamed as she fell into the well.
Kagome wasn't sure how long she'd been falling, but when she finally reached the bottom, she landed with a thump. She looked up and saw…sunlight?
'Hmmm…did I hit my head? Wait! Isn't the well in a little house thingy? I shouldn't be able to see sun…' She looked around and spotted some vines that she used to climb up and out of the well. 'I must be dreaming.' Kagome rubbed her eyes and stared at the open prairies around the well. 'Where did the city go?'
"MOM! GRANDPA! WHERE ARE YOU AND WHAT IS GOING ON?"
'I will not cry. I will not cry.' Despite the mantra repeating in her head, Kagome's eyes started to tear up as she realized that here family wasn't there. In fact, most of the mission wasn't there. The only things marking where it belonged were the well and the small chapel standing a short way off.
We'll see how far this will go. I've never actually finished writing a fanfic and this is the first I've ever posted for others to read. Please read and review...anything is welcome!

Converting /tmp/phpu7VSXq to /dev/stdout