InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent Blood ❯ Danger ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Innocent Blood
Chaper 6: Danger
Kagome flushed in rememberance of her almost second kiss. Inu Yasha still didn't know that he had taken her first kiss. (not counting the kiss that was forced on her by the would-be-rapist) She wasn't in any hurry to tell him either. With her luck, he'd just laugh at her.
Everytime she had a few minuets to spare, her mind reverted back to one of two events in her boring life. Both involving lips and a certain silver haired young man.
The foursome had split up when they had entered the main store in the mall. Miroku had wanted to go with the girls, (who were going to look for clothes), but Inu Yasha had hit him over the head (for being perverted) and dragged him off in the other direction.
Finally after waiting for an opening to ask a few questions that had been bothering Kagome, she was allowed to ask her friend, "I thought you liked Miroku." She asked a half hidden Sango.
Sango looked up at her from behind a clothing wrack. "I do." She said and went back to looking at shirts, "But he doesn't know that." She glanced up and spoke agian, cutting off Kagome's question, "And it had better stay that way."
"Why?"
"Well, if he ever found out I'd never be able to keep him off of me." She sighed and Kagome giggled, "Besides, he's to much of a player. I'd just wind up getting hurt."
"Oh...Doesn't he like you?" Kagome asked innocently.
"Kagome, even if he did it wouldn't change anything." Before Kagome could ask another question, Sango changed the subject, "What were the chances Miroku's best friend was the same Inu Yasha that you kissed last night."
Kagome glared at Sango for changing the subject, but she answered anyway, "Yeah, wasn't really expecting that. Why didn't you tell me you knew someone by that name?"
Sango had been anticipating that question, so she answered easily, "I didn't think it would actually be him. I can't believe you almost kissed him again. You must really like him." She teased.
Kagome flushed, "It was an accedent. I didn't realise how close he was, or I wouln't have turned around."
"Yeah, that part was an accedent, but I saw the way you guy's looked at each other." Sango said slyly.
"Oh, stop it!" Kaogme demanded, slowly getting annoyed. "The only reason I let him kiss me in the first place was because he saved me, and that was what he wanted in return. You know I don't kiss guys for the fun of it."
Sango smirked, "Yeah, you don't kiss guys at all. That was your first kiss wasn't it?"
Kagome flushed, "Yeah, I can't believe I let him have my first kiss!" She sounded like she had only just realized the full meaning of that kiss, and wasn't too happy about it. She continued in a sadder tone, "I wanted my first kiss to be with someon I love."
Sango walked over to the girl, "Don't worry, Kag. Besides, didn't you at least enjoy the kiss?"
Kagome smiled slightly, "It was rather nice." She admitted.
"See? If your first kiss couldn't be with someone you love, at least it was good." Kagome giggled.
"You have a point." Sango nodded at her knowingly.
"Come on, let's go find the boys."
The guys conversation traveled along those same lines. "I can't believe you almost kissed her agian! I can't believe Sango would interupt you like that! Youmust really like her." Miroku's words proved how rattled his brains had become.
"You'r right." Inu Yasha said, startling Miroku, who had been expecting him to dissagree. "I don't know her well at all. So I won't be kissing her again."
"What!" Miroku could see that Inu Yasha was infatuated with the girl, so why say that?
"That kiss last night was a reward, a reward for saving her. There was no deeper meaning to it that that. And as for today, that was an accident. I shouldn't have been teasing her like that." He didn't say anything about Kagome's jealousy.
"Yeah, and you were teasing her why?" Miroku sounded exasperated, "Don't try to fool me, I saw how you looked at her. How she looked at you."
"Yeah, well, we were surprised." Inu Yasha said half heartedly.
Miroku just shrugged his shoulders, "YOu going potrolling (sp) tonight?"
"Yeah, you?"
Miroku sighed, "I have nothing else to do." Inu Yasha grinned, this could prove to be a very interesting week.
"Inu Yasha, Miroku." Sango said, walking up behind them with Kagome trailing behing her. "You ready to go. We still have to pay, though."
Kaogme waved goodbye to her friends, she needed to go home and get ready for work. Inu yasha watched her go with a sinking sentsation in the pit of his stomache, something was not right.
"It's almost sundown. " Miroku's voice interupted his thoughts. He pushed the feeling to the back of his mind and concentrated on preparing for the hunt.
The sun had gone down and Inu Yasha patroled (sp) the night's shadows. The vampire in him was restless. He had an unusual thirst for blood, meaning he would need to hunt within the next few nights, which was strange since he had fed the previous night.
He heard a scream and rushed forward to help. A young woman was being cornered by a very hungry young vampire. He could smell the young woumans fear, and the monster's excitement mand him nausious.
He lept down in front of the cowering girl and faced the startled vampire.
"Master Inu Yasha?" The imortal hissed in surprise. "She's mine!" He suddenly said, he was being very protective of the mortal...why?
Inu Yasha sniffed the air tentitively, She was an innocent! That explained everything. Inu Yasha turned to look at the young mortal, "Why would I want her?" He asked, "I already have a much prettier wench in mind."
"Then why?"
He interupted the vampire, "Oh, havent you heard, I'm a hunter now."
It was only a half truth, if he had gone all out hunter he would have no need of Kagome's blood. But it was entertaining to see this young man's reaction, he'd play with him for a while before telling him the truth.
"Your a ... hunter?" the demon asked sepping away from Inu Yasha.
"Yes. I guess you could say the monk converted me." Again a half truth, if it wasn't for Miroku Inu Yasha would be ten times as ruthless, and blood thirsty.
The other vampire knew he was outmatched, and he stepped back again. "YOur brother's not going to be happy."
Inu Yasha laughed harshly, "Has he ever been happy with me? You think anything I do would make him think differently?" The other vampire had to agree with him. It was common knowlege that Lord Sesshomaru hated his half brother.
Inu Yash grew tired of the game, his vampire side was growing more and more uncontrolable. "Don't feed from her tonight, wait a couple of nights. If you dissobey me, I will change my mind about killing you." He warned.
"But you sust said..."
"don't mind what I said, I was just yanking your chain." Inu Yasha was getting annoid. "Besides who am I to keep you from becoming a true vampire? I myself have only one more maiden before my reawakening." Inu yasha was becoming more restless, his blood was seering through his vein's with no mercy.
"What's your name anyway?" Inu Yasha asked.
"Zheek."
"Okay, Zheek, I want you to take this young lady home." He grabbed the trembling girls arm. "You aren't to feed on her for two days." He turned to sooth the girl, "What's your name?"
"Sarra."
"Sarra, you met Zheek," His voice was charming with an enchanting pitch, "he offered to take you home. Your infatuated with him." he gently pushed her into the vampires arms.
He looked shocked, and she stared up at him adoringly.
After Zheek led the girl away Inu yasha burst out laughing. He wasn't going to be feeding on her neck for longer than two days. He'd be to attached to her, like a little boy with a new pet.
Suddenly he stopped laughing, he knew the source of his unease. Kagome!

Converting /tmp/phpKnQktY to /dev/stdout