InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: You know I don't own anything so no disclaimer needed! Well this is my first EVER Inuyasha fic!! Woohoohoo!! I'm so excited to write it! I hope this will be a pleasant experience for both the readers and myself! Okay that's enough. Anyways, I hope you enjoy Inuyasha's language!!





Inuyasha 24/7





~prologue~







The day was young and fresh and so was the life around her. Well...it wasn't exactly young because baby pigeons didn't exactly sprout out the same day and the Earth has been existing for approximately 4.6 billion years in the hypothetical present day human calendar and pollution was everywhere thanks to the idiotic human beings who thrive, feeding on innocent living flesh...


But besides that, everything was growing and evolving around her...even the mold on the three-week old sandwich found in her backpack.


"What is it?" Shippou asked, poking the soggy, green sandwich.


"Truly, I do not know...but I suspect it originated from Kagome's era," Miroku hypothesized.


"Wait everyone, I think it moved," Inuyasha said. The four watched the sandwich intently.


Kagome walked into the hut, surprising the observers. She looked at her friends for a second and swiftly pushed the sandwich off the table.


"I'm going on a trip," she said rapidly, pulling her friends' attention from the sandwich to her.


"Great, we'll come with you," Inuyasha said.


"No, I mean...in my own time," Kagome replied.


"Great, I'll come with you," Inuyasha said.


"I think it's a great opportunity. I think Kagome needs some time away from us. We have been with each other for the past couple of months now, I have a feeling that we are crowding Kagome. She has to deal with her life here and in her own time and I think she needs a break," Miroku said. Shippou and Sango nodded in agreement.


"What I think is...Kagome's trying to find a way out of our very important shard hunting!!" Inuyasha yelled. "Do you know how many more shards there are out there!?" he bellowed, slamming his hands down against the table as he stood up out of fury.


Kagome sighed. She knew it would come to this. "Inuyasha, if you let me explain--"


"No! How could you leave in an important time like this? It's that school again isn't it? Why don't you just quit the damn thing!?" he shouted, standing from the table.


"Inuyasha, it's not school!! I have to go to Osaka with my family to visit a great aunt."


"Why can't you come back in the afternoon or something?" Inuyasha asked.


"We're going to drive there. Do you think I'm going to walk 300-so miles just to come back here?"


"Yeah," Inuyasha insisted.


"It's kind of impossible to go from her shrine to ours, you idiot! Besides...it's only going to be a week. You four will have plenty of time to do what you want--" Kagome began explaining.


"Three," Inuyasha interrupted.


"What?" Kagome asked. This boy was not making any sense. In fact, he was just making the situation worse by testing her patience. The other three simply watched with great interest.


"Three. The three of them will have plenty of time to do what the hell they want," Inuyasha confirmed.


Aw, damn...and I was looking forward to those seven days without his complaining, Kagome thought.


"Ah, shut up wench," Inuyasha grunted. Kagome eyed him strangely.


"I didn't say anything," Kagome said. Inuyasha opened his mouth to speak, but shut it back up.


"Never mind..." he muttered. Did I just...?? Nah...I was imagining things.


"Ugh...Inuyasha, if it makes you feel better, I'm coming back in seven days."


"SEVEN DAYS!?" he snapped.


"Yes, ONLY seven days, unless you want me to ask my mother to make it more!" Kagome bursted as she roughly lifted herself from the table to face Inuyasha.


"Feh!" he answered, crossing his arms across his chest.


"Oh shut up!"


"I'm going with you whether you like it or not!" Inuyasha seethed, placing both hands on the table to lean forward, his face only inches from hers. He was attempting to seem ominous, but Kagome remained unphased.


"No! There is no way--" Kagome began, pointing a finger at him.


"Look here you damn goat!" Inuyasha growled.


"Goat!? That is it Inuyasha, I was hoping to have a reasonable conversation with you but--"


"I'M COMING WITH YOU!!"


"OSUWARI!" Inuyasha quickly dropped to the ground.


Shippou nudged Miroku. Sango moved in. "Hey...I think Inuyasha wants to come because he doesn't want other guys checking out his woman," Shippou theorized. Miroku nodded thoughtfully.


"I think that is a thoroughly thought-out, reasonable conclusion," Miroku agreed.


Sango snickered. "I think he'll make up any excuse just to keep being away from Kagome," she whispered, joining the other two.


Inuyasha turned to the three with blazing eyes. "Oiy...you bastards, what are you giggling about?" Inuyasha asked, walking up to them with an intimidating air to him. Sango, Miroku, and Shippou smiled nervously and turned towards the door.


"We were talking about eating...something--" Shippou started. Miroku and Sango shot him a look that said, "you silly little idiot. What kind of excuse is that? Do you want your cute little head of hair to be used as Inuyasha's personal ass brush?" (Hey, what can I say? One look explains plenty.)


"And we were just leaving!" Miroku continued. Sango nodded her head vigorously as the three quickly evacuated. The three whispered, hissed and shoved one another in an attempt to escape the bitter glare of Inuyasha. Inuyasha turned back to Kagome. Kagome stared back at him. It seemed as if this was going to go nowhere...and it fact, it didn't. The two only managed to end up in a staring contest, boaring holes into one another's eyes.


After what seemed like three hours of endless counts of sheep in an insomniac night, Kagome decided to speak up. "You can't possibly come Inuyasha."


"Why?"


"Because you'll get bored out of your mind there. Wouldn't you rather stay here?"


"No," Inuyasha pressed on, stubbornly.


Kagome gave a long, heavy sigh. "I'm too tired to fight with you. I'm going to get some rest."


"Whatever," Inuyasha said, standing up to leave the room. Kagome sighed. Sometimes Inuyasha acted as if he didn't trust her. She was tired of being treated like a little kid by him!!


"You'll see Inuyasha, I'll find a way to ditch you, whether you like it or not," she said softly to herself.



****



Inuyasha shook his head. There is no way Kagome's going to ditch me, whether she likes it or not. I'd find a way to track her down...yes....track her down and make sure she never leaves again...I'll show that irritating goat, he thought deviously, rubbing his hands together in self-gratification.


"Um...In--Inuyasha?" Shippou called, tapping Inuyasha gently. Inuyasha looked down at the frightened kitsune.


"What?" he snapped.


"Just to let you know, Kagome left an hour ago."


"WHAT!?"


"Yeah, she told me to tell you when she was long gone, and I guess--" Inuyasha quickly shot past Shippou and was in the well faster than Shippou could respond. Shippou simply shrugged and walked back to where Sango and Miroku were. "Maybe Kagome doesn't want that sandwich anymore..." he mused.



****



"KAGOME!!" Inuyasha shouted, banging loudly against her window. Kagome's eyes widened. She was glad she locked those windows just to make sure no unwanted guests tried to enter. In other words, she was just a little paranoid...just a tad.


She was still upset because she told Shippou to wait more than one hour until she left. She began stuffing clothes in her luggage as quickly as she could. Unfortunately, it wasn't fast enough.


Inuyasha had gone through Souta's window. Souta watched in awe and admiration as the furious Inuyasha crossed his bedroom with small twigs and leaves mangled in his disheveled silver mass. He slammed Kagome's door open and shot her an evil look.


"Eh...heh....hello Inuyasha," Kagome said, smiling nervously.


"I told you I was COMING with you!"


"Inuyasha! I'm tired of you watching my every move!" Kagome said. "I'm tired!! TIRED!!" Kagome poked him in the chest roughly with each word she said.


"Well too fucking ba--"


"Is anything wrong here?" a voice asked from the door. The two teens turned towards the door slightly relieved and slightly irritated that their conversation was being interrupted.


"Mama..." Kagome sighed.


"Hey," Inuyasha greeted.


"Hello Inuyasha. Kagome are you done packing?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.


"Yes Mama, I just have to go get my shoes," Kagome replied.


"Great, I'll just--" she turned to leave, but stopped and looked back at Inuyasha. "Inuyasha?"


Kagome shot her mother a warning look. She mouthed a large "no", but her mother simply feigned ignorance.


"Yeah?"


"Well, if you have nothing else to do, would you like to join us on our trip? Kagome could get awfully bored and it would be nice for her to have someone to play with."


Play!? Even my mom's acting as if I'm just a little kid, Kagome thought, sulkily.


"Sure," Inuyasha answered her mother with a smirk. Kagome's mother smiled as she left the room, shutting the door behind her. "You were saying princess?" Inuyasha asked with a mocking tone.


Kagome looked as if she was going to explode. "How DARE you!! I told you I didn't need you to supervise me!! I am perfectly capable of handling my own entertainment while at Great Aunt Maeko's house!"


"Shut up wench, you need me."


"Osuwari," she said with a sigh. Inuyasha struggled to stand. "Osuwari, osuwari, osuwari, osuwari," Kagome continued, her face expressionless.


"Look--"


"Osuwari!" she said. "And don't call me princess ever again."



****



Inuyasha sat in the car, touching the handlebars, cupholders, seat cushions, and everything else that was foreign to him. "Sugoi..." he breathed.


"Wow, Inu-oniichan is coming with us? I thought you couldn't leave!" Souta said.


Inuyasha shrugged. "I guess I can."


"You two brats get in!" Kagome snapped, sulking deep into her seat, arms folded tightly across her chest and her eyes averting all other eyes. Was it that unbearable to be around him? Well, maybe Miroku had been right about saying that Kagome had been hanging out with them too much these days. He began to realize that the two of them haven't been getting along quite cheerily for the past few weeks now. He scoffed and shrugged it off. She was being a bitch anyways...that was it...no need to think about it further.


"Is everyone settled in?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.


"Hai!" came the answer. Kagome's response was more like a grunt.


"Good."


"Do we have to go? I mean, I have work to be done here, and--"


"We're going. I know you don't get along very well with Aunt Maeko, but please try to. It's just for seven days," Mrs. Higurashi pleaded softly. Grandpa sighed deeply and nodded.


"Fine...I guess..."


"Great. Everyone put your seatbelts on."


Inuyasha blinked then looked at his surroundings. "What's a seatbelt?"







A/N: So how was the first chapter? Boring? Don't want to review? That's fine! But please read! Thanks everyone.