InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Arrival at Le Creepy Mansion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: You know what I just realized? When Kagome tells Inuyasha to "sit", he doesn't sit, he falls forward, face first. I don't know....just a thought!








Inuyasha 24/7


Arrival at Le Creepy Mansion





The distant journey from the shrine to Aunt Maeko's home was long and tedious. Kagome hadn't spoken the whole time. Inuyasha made a mental "keh", but the fact that Kagome was still angry about him coming was itching at him...making a deep dark scab.


This silence was thick and unnerving for the rest of the family members who also ceased to speak. Mrs. Higurashi had attempted to make conversation, but the cloned siamese twin monkeys on the 5AM news wasn't exactly on everyone's mind at the moment.


I can't believe he stayed! Even after my reaction to the whole thing! I have been trying to play nice with him but this time he has gone too far. Miroku was so right, so, so right. I need space. I shouldn't have told Inuyasha that I was going. I should've told Sango, Miroku, and Shippou but not him. Oooh!! I want to sit him...if only he wasn't already sitting... Kagome thought.


She just has to act that way doesn't she? Surprised as I am for not recieving more sits than I did, it's kind getting on my last fucking nerves that she isn't telling me what's going on! Inuyasha contemplated acrimoniously.


What's wrong with them? It's weird, but there's some mad vibe between Oneechan and Inu-oniichan. Did they break up? Souta thought, looking in their direction.


I wish someone would start a conversation! This is getting uncomfortable...Oh dear, I hope I didn't cause any complications between Kagome and Inuyasha by inviting him... Mrs. Higurashi cogitated, half concentrating on the road, half concentrating on the seemingly sullen passengers.


I wonder if I should have bathed today... Grandpa pondered.



****



Finally, they reached their destination. Everyone was glad to be rid of the claustrophobic confinement of the car. Kagome was the first to get out. Souta pushed past her and stared up at the enormous building. The others followed suit.


"Wow..." he breathed, astounded by the enormity of the structure.


They watched as men in some old, formal uniforms scurried out to fetch their luggage. Kagome closed her eyes, remembering her idiocy. She quickly grabbed a hat and shoved it on Inuyasha's head. One of the men eyed her suspiciously, but she gave him a sincere, innocent smile that caused him to shake his head and turn back to the unloading of the luggage.


"Oh yeah....heh..." Inuyasha said, chuckling sheepishly.


"Well hello everyone!" came a perky, high pitched, milky voice from the entrance gates. Everyone turned towards the owner of the voice.


Great Aunt Maeko.


She was a short, stout woman with ebony hair streaked with an aging silver that she tucked into a small bun atop her head. The lines on her forehead scrunched together when her face lifted in an enthusiastic position. Her small, chocolate eyes were brighter than a can of fish scales (though I wonder who would sell a can of fish scales) and her warm smile was more than inviting.


"Oh, my dears! How have you been? Souta, it's so great to finally meet you! How are you dear?" she said, wrapping her arms around Kagome and Souta, giving them wet kisses on both cheeks. She gave Mrs. Higurashi a small, affectionate hug.


"We've been fine, Aunt Maeko," Mrs. Higurashi replied.


"And who is this?" she asked, looking at Inuyasha in an intrigued manner.


"This is Inuyasha," Mrs. Higurashi said, staring straight into her daughter's eyes. "A...friend of Kagome's from school."


"Well, aren't you a handsome thing. You must be getting along fine with the girls in your area. Oh, and here Kagome is showing off how she got the cute one," Great Aunt Maeko remarked.


Kagome looked down at the cement tarmac as if the cracks had much more interesting things to say than this woman. Of course her cheeks were tinted with a bright scarlet...and it seemed to get brighter. Inuyasha simply walked off angrily to help the men with the luggage.


Aunt Maeko looked surprised. "Did I say something?" she asked.


Kagome shook her head. Mrs. Higurashi laughed forcefully. "Kids...they always get embarrassed in foolish situations."


"We should all go inside," Great Aunt Maeko said, changing the subject.


All was fine and dandy until she turned towards Grandpa.


"Oh," she simply said. "You can come in too."


"Glad to see you too Maeko," he said in a low, grumpy voice.


Great Aunt Maeko led them down a long open-air corridor lined with traditional shoji doors. It seemed endless but fascinating to see so many rooms in a single house for just a single inhabitant. Kagome's eyes drifted off into the nature surrounding the building. Great Aunt Maeko always adored ancient decor so her gardens were scattered with antiquated fountains and statues that seemed "greater" than Great Aunt Maeko herself.


Pink and white sakura trees were also in every direction, scattering petals to its liking. The grass was already smothered with them, almost blanketing them completely. Kagome admired them as she scanned the area. Her eyes then moved to a dark corner behind two large statues. It was an ebony sakura tree. No, it wasn't burnt and dead, or an illusion caused by shadows, the tree's petals were actually black.


"Aye Kagome, what are you looking at?" Inuyasha whispered. When she didn't answer, he watched where her wandering eyes were and decided to take a look at what caught her attention.


"It's black," she said, fidgeting. The tree gave off a very, very odd vibe.


"Yeah..."


"Well, we're here!" Great Aunt Maeko chirped. Kagome and Inuyasha turned back to her direction, snapping out of their curious states. Kagome decided to shake off the feeling, it was probably just exhaustion from the trip.


They watched as two other men in the same old uniforms opened each door for them, allowing them to gawk in awe at the contents of the building.


"I didn't know she was rich," Inuyasha whispered.


"I didn't either. Last time we visited her I was around two...so I don't remember any of this," Kagome whispered back.


"Always showing off her things! You see this?" Grandpa grumbled to Souta. Souta seemed to be pretending to pay attention but was too awestruck to listen. He had never been to Great Aunt Maeko's before because the only time they visited was when he wasn't even born yet.


Aunt Maeko had everything. Polished cherrywood furniture. Fine antique paintings and a dim light that accentuated the design. The place was like a palace. A beautiful...yet eerie palace.


"I'm sure you all are pretty hungry and exhausted from your trip so I've prepared lunch for you!" she said.


"Cool!! Great Aunt Maeko? You're the best!" Souta cooed as he and the others went to go sit at the tables.



****



The adults had gone off to their rooms to settle in and organize their belongings, leaving Kagome, Inuyasha, and Souta to go to their room. Yes room, singular.


"I don't get why the three of us have to stay in one room when Great Aunt Maeko has so many scattered all over her house," Kagome said, dragging her luggage through the dimly lit halls.


"Maybe Great Aunt Maeko is hiding dead bodies in each of those rooms because they were threatening to tell the authorities where she really got all her money from, so she killed them to keep them quiet! Oooh! Ooh! I know! Maybe Great Aunt Maeko didn't have enough space for the rest of the money she had because she was way too rich and couldn't fit the money in the bank and decided to stuff them in each room! Or maybe--"


"Souta, shut up," Kagome hissed.


"What do you think Inu-oniichan?" Souta asked, ignoring his sister.


Inuyasha shrugged. The three stopped when they reached the door of their room. Kagome turned the knob and opened it.


It looked even more spacious than their own house. There were exactly three beds lined up to one wall.


"I guess this is why," Inuyasha said.


Souta turned the light on and ran inside, flopping on the bed closest to the door.


"I get this one!!"


Inuyasha looked at Kagome, Kagome looked back at him. The two smiled, standing still for a second before they dashed to get the bed they wanted.


Unfortunately, neither wanted the bed next to the window. "Inuyasha, I got here first!"


"How could you with your fat ass legs holding you down!?"


"Fat!? You think I'm fat!?" Kagome screamed.


"Ah shut up, you know what I mean," Inuyasha said, laying down on the bed.


"No I don't, care to explain?" Kagome growled, laying down as well as she tried desperately to shove him off the bed with her elbow.


"No I really don't, now get off wench!"


"You get off!"


"No you!"


"Will you two knock it off? I'm trying to get some sleep! If you both can't decide, share the bed!" Souta complained. He had gotten comfortable and decided to take a nap but these two had awoken him from his forming, slumpering state. Sigh.


The two paused, their faces turning a darker shade of red at each passing second.


"Fine, take it," Inuyasha said.


"No, go ahead."


"Bitch, I said you can have it."


"I said you can take it!"


"No! Take it dammit!"


"Okay," Kagome said with a shrug, unpacking her clothes in the drawer in front of the bed. Inuyasha gaped at her.


"Wait, you're supposed to say it one more time and then I'm supposed to say 'fine if you insist'," Inuyasha said.


"Well, I guess your version of what's 'supposed' to happen isn't really what's 'supposed' to happen," Kagome said with a devious smirk, laying comfortably in her new, temporary bed.


"Keh..." Inuyasha said, muttering swear words after laying in his bed.


Kagome peeked at him with one eye open before she grinned to herself. She wasn't so mad about Inuyasha coming anymore. Maybe it would be much more interesting with him around. Oh, and the vibe she felt, she decided to tell him tomorrow. He must...be...so....tired....







A/N: Please tell me if I have any spelling/grammer mistakes! Just like many authors who have chapters they consider to be too long, I have been much too lazy to re-read what I wrote. So...if my sentences don't make sense, it doesn't matter, just read the next one that comes after it and figure it out! ^_^ Bye!