InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Hakushin and Hojo, All Things H ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well back! Here is the next chapter. If you're wondering, all unanswered confusion will soon be revealed, if not in this chapter, maybe the next. Have fun!








Inuyasha 24/7


Hakushin and Hojo, All Things H




The thickly curtained windows reluctantly allowed light to come through, blinding Inuyasha to the hilt of annoyance. He growled and kicked his sheets off. He looked at his surroundings and saw that Kagome and Souta had already gone out. Did he really sleep that long?


He probably did because he had a dream last night, a strange dream, but a dream nonetheless. It involved rabbits arguing about laundry detergent in German, old men in Spongebob boxers flirting with each other, and carnations discussing worldwide politics.


Still...he had to admit, he did have a comfortable night. He slept in a bed! He had never slept in a bed before.


He stood up and noticed fluffy slippers at the foot of his bed. He grinned and chuckled softly to himself. "Kagome..." he whispered. He put the slippers on and walked out of the room. Souta came sliding by and stopped right in front of him holding two towels.


"Inu-oniichan!! Great Aunt Maeko told me to give you this towel. The bathroom's straight ahead!!" Souta said, continuing to run. He stopped for a second. "Oh, and there's a really cool radio in there!!"


"Cool," Inuyasha simply replied, acknowledging him but not really understanding what a radio was. Souta paused for a second, thinking that he forgot to tell Inuyasha something, but shrugged it off.


Inuyasha yawned and stretched before heading to the bathroom. His sensitive ears twitched when he noticed that loud music was coming from inside. He walked in, slinging the towel on his shoulder. He heard the shower running.


Wow, this place is rich. They have a 'radio', whatever that is, and the showers even turn on when the person comes in, Inuyasha thought. He sluggishly removed his clothes, leaving a trail behind him, before walking over to the shower. He was surprised when the shower curtain opened, revealing a very wet, very naked Kagome. His eyes widened and his face reddened. He thought she would scream "hentai!" or "sit!" but neither came. He realized with guilty amusement that Kagome had soap in her eyes and her hands were scanning for a towel.


He froze. What should poor little Inuyasha do? Leave...yes, before he got himself into any more trouble.


But before he could turn, Kagome suddenly reached for his hair, dabbing her face with it, oblivious to the fact that a certain hanyou owned it. Inuyasha was about to say something, but when Kagome met his eyes the only thing heard in the house for miles and miles away was a shrill scream. There was no room for an explanation.


Souta had been listening to his CD player as he walked across the hall to retrieve a jacket from the room when he heard screaming. He pulled the earphones off and turned towards the bathroom. He watched as Inuyasha struggled to get out of the bathroom, his hair dripping with water and his clothes all over the ground. He saw two fluffy slippers get thrown at his bare back.


Oh...that's it! I forgot to tell Inuyasha that Kagome was still in there, Souta realized.


"You brat!" Inuyasha seethed as he glared at the younger boy. Souta laughed nervously before he sped off. Once Inuyasha caught him, there would be a lot of explaining to do.



****



After breakfast, Kagome decided to wander around a bit, just to get a feel of Great Aunt Maeko's shrine/mansion/sanctuary. She wanted to get closer to that black sakura tree just to see if it was some sort of unique design or breed of tree or something.


She smiled. Fall was the best time of the year for these trees. They all seemed so beautiful when they let go of their blossoms. She closed her eyes and faced the sky.


"Aye, Kagome..."


Kagome looked up and noticed Inuyasha staring back. "Hello Inuyasha."


"You still mad about that...whole...um..." Inuyasha began.


"No, it wasn't your fault," Kagome said with a sweet smile. Inuyasha shuddered. Sometimes Kagome gave him the creeps. It wasn't that he didn't like her smiles, because he enjoyed them, very much (but would never admit that to anyone), it was the vibe she sent underneath those "sweet" smiles of hers.


"Whatever," Inuyasha said. The two sat there in silence, comforted by each other's presence and their pacific surroundings.


"They're beautiful aren't they?" came a voice from behind them. They quickly turned.


"Yes they are, Great Aunt Maeko. I've never seen so many in my life," Kagome replied with a smile.


"Well, your great, great grandfather Masaharu Higurashi gave this shrine to me and my sisters a long time ago. What's amazing is they were already planted then and they're still alive today."


"From Dad's family?"


"Yes...your father's family owned it for a very long time, but your father didn't want the shrine because he said he wanted to build up his own income and start a family with no one's help. He was a good man, your father," Great Aunt Maeko said.


"I bet he was..." Kagome said with a solemn smile.


"Well, would you two like me to show you around?"


"Sure," Kagome answered.


"Okay," Inuyasha said with a one shoulder shrug.


They continued to walk until Kagome noticed a small sanctuary hidden under these beautifully flowered bushes. Great Aunt Maeko looked in the direction her eyes were fixed on.


"Ah yes...the great Hakushin priest."


"Those things are still common aren't they?" Inuyasha whispered to Kagome. She shrugged. He remembered the Hakushin priest back at the Senjoku Jidai, but that had been a long time ago, compared to this time. Did these humans really still believe in them today?


"Yes they are. But this one has been around since even my greatest ancestor could remember," Maeko said softly, overhearing Inuyasha. Kagome could hear the beginnings of a story. "It was said to be the greatest, most influential in all of our country's history."


"How?" Kagome asked.


"Well, this Hakushin priest right underneath this sanctuary was so pure in his heart that it wiped out all the population of youkai everywhere. Old, young, weak, powerful, good, bad, taiyoukai, hanyou all alike. They all disappeared. Many said it was for the best because now we humans don't have to worry about carnivorous youkai flying above us while we drink coffee at our balconies."


Inuyasha scoffed and Kagome gave him an evil look. It was good Great Aunt Maeko didn't notice anything.


"Wow...so...no youkai exist now?"


"I don't really think so honey, but I wasn't much for superstition. I just manage the place," Great Aunt Maeko said. "You two can continue to look around if you like, I'll be inside," she added, before walking off.


Inuyasha blinked. Why didn't he feel affected if that old thing was supposed to wipe them out?


"Inuyasha...it's...it's just a myth," Kagome said, attempting to reassure him.


"Keh! I don't believe in that shit...if it was true I'd be dead right now," Inuyasha said.


"Yeah, that's true. No need to worry!" Kagome said.


"Let's go inside, I'm starving," Inuyasha said. Kagome grabbed his arm.


"Oh, Inuyasha?" she asked. Inuyasha turned back.


"Nani?"


"I just had..." Kagome began. Should she tell him about her vibe of the black sakura tree? Was it ridiculous? Probably...maybe when she was absolutely sure...then she'd tell him.


"Yeah?"


"Nothing, never mind."


Inuyasha sighed and walked inside. Kagome followed.



****



"You know Inuyasha, Aunt Maeko is going to be very suspicious when she notices you wearing the same red outfit everyday," Mrs. Higurashi said.


"Huh!? What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"


"It seems to me like you, young man, are in dire need of a new wardrobe," Grandpa said, putting his hand to his chin as he examined Inuyasha.


"I think he looks cool!" Souta said.


"No you brainless twit, he looks like a balloon," Kagome said, flipping through the magazine she was reading.


"Are you being sarcastic? 'Cause I didn't--" Inuyasha began, stalking up to Kagome. Mrs. Higurashi held him back.


"What Kagome means is--"


"She's jealous 'cause she has to wear stupid clothes everyday!" Souta said.


"Children!" Mrs. Higurashi snapped. The three shut up. They've never upset her that much before. She simply smiled when silence came and returned to finishing her sentence. "What I was trying to say was that we need to get you into clothes that would fit this...era...I bet this is normal in the Sengoku Jidai, but here, you need a more...modern type of outfit."


"So...you want me to change my clothes?"


"Yes," everyone agreed. He looked around, frustrated that he had no one on his side.


"Feh!"


Kagome smiled. "That means okay everyone."



****



The mall was just a couple miles away and luckily, it wasn't so filled that day. Mrs. Higurashi picked out a small shop dedicated to men. Inuyasha was fidgeting and complaining and growling the whole time, but didn't refuse anything. It was strange but he actually kind of enjoyed the attention. Never in his life has he had this type of attention. First it was the bed, now this...it was just too much!


"I don't think he wants to wear formal stuff all the time Mama," Kagome said as Mrs. Higurashi held out something Tiger Woods would wear to a golf tournament.


"How about this?" Souta asked Kagome, holding out regular jeans, a wifebeater and a red shirt over it. Kagome suddenly felt her face get hot at the thought of Inuyasha wearing the wifebeater.


"Um...I think it's all right. Go ask Inuyasha to put it on," Kagome said, acting as careless as she could possibly be. She suddenly felt embarrassed. It was so humiliating to think if Inuyasha in such a way, besides...they were just friends...that scene in the bathroom was not getting to her...not getting to her at all...


Inuyasha grabbed the outfit Souta held out for him. This had been the 59th outfit, hopefully 60 was the lucky number. As much as he liked the attention, he didn't like it that much.


He came out of the dressing room to show the family. "So? Is this it or do I have to go change?"


Everyone stared at him. Great Aunt Maeko spoke up. "I think you look wonderful Inuyasha!"


"I agree."


"What do you think of your boyfriend Kagome?" Souta teased. Kagome elbowed him and turned away.


"Inuyasha looks--he's...uh....pretty--no wait--" Pretty? What in the hell? Oh Kami this is embarrassing... Kagome thought, slapping her palm on her forehead in frustration. Souta snickered. Mrs. Higurashi heard but kept her smile to herself.


"I guess we've chosen his outfit!" Grandpa said.


"Yes, of course, no thanks to this geezer," Great Aunt Maeko mumbled.


"What did you say?"


"Nothing!" she chimed.


"Good-for-nothing hairy old hag...." Grandpa muttered. Great Aunt Maeko stood up and walked towards him.


"Say that to my face."


Grandpa stood. "Maybe I will."


"Bring it on, oh Chubby One." The two glared at each other.


The other four sweatdropped. Mrs. Higurashi laughed, breaking the tension. "All right you two, let's get some ice cream! Yes? Okay!" she said, scooting the kids out.


They paid for Inuyasha's outfit and went to the food court. Mrs. Higurashi gave Kagome the money to get some ice cream for everyone. Great Aunt Maeko insisted on paying but Mama didn't hear the end of it.


"What do you want Souta?"


"Chocolate."


"Mama?"


"Van illa please."


"Great Aunt Maeko?"


"Blueberry cheesecake my dear."


"Making her pay for the expensive one...have mercy. Don't you have enough of your own money to buy just one?" Grandpa asked her bitterly but with the sound that seemed as if he was a poor, battered old man. Great Aunt Maeko shot him a look.


"Grandpa?"


"Same as Souta."


"Always a simpleton aren't you?" Great Aunt Maeko asked Grandpa, rhetorically, knowing he wasn't going to answer anyways.


"Inuyasha?" Inuyasha blinked in confusion. Kagome grabbed his arm "You're coming with me."


"But I just--okay!!" Inuyasha replied as Kagome dragged him away.


Great Aunt Maeko and Mrs. Higurashi watched the two walk off. "Aren't they an adorable couple?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.


"So he isn't just a friend is he?" Maeko asked.


"Truly, I don't know..."




"What do you want Inuyasha? Pick one, any one," Kagome said. She watched as Inuyasha contemplated. She smiled to herself, thinking how puppy-like he looked at the moment, searching for the right ice cream. Aww.


"What's that colorful one right there?"


"Rainbow sherbert."


"What about that? Oh, and that?"


"Pick one and if you don't like it give it to me," Kagome replied with a smile.


"Don't they have ramen flavored ice cream?" Inuyasha asked as he scanned the choices.


Kagome laughed. "You'd like that wouldn't you?"


Inuyasha was flustered. Why was she laughing at him?


"Can I help you?" came a voice at the counter. Kagome looked up, shocked to see the familiar face.


"Hojo-kun!?"


"Kagome? What are you doing here?" the boy asked, as shocked as she.


Inuyasha watched the two acquaintances. So Kagome knew this boy? He looks familiar too...that boy in her photo album!


"I'm here visiting my great aunt. What about you?"


"I go to work here during the summer, spring, and winter breaks--wow--this is a great surprise! Why don't we keep in touch?" Hojo asked.


"Sure," Kagome answered as the two exchanged numbers.


Now, Kagome was completely ignoring him. What did she see in this guy anyways? Then as if she heard him, she turned towards him.


"Oh! Hojo-kun, this is a friend of mine--Inuyasha."


Friend!? Friend!? Well...technically yeah...so what? Why should I care? Wait, is he her boyfriend? Kind of a stupid looking boy, ain't he? Inuyasha thought with a bitter, humorless chuckle. Many other thoughts were running through Inuyasha's mind that are considered inappropriate so they will not be mentioned.


"Hello, I'm Hojo," the boy greeted in a pleasant manner, reaching his hand to shake Inuyasha's.









A/N: Wonder what Inuyasha's going to do? Hm... Anyways, for those of you who haven't watched over 100 episodes of Inuyasha, the Hakushin priest is a pure-hearted, monk-type person who is buried alive for enlightenment. He prays and starves himself until his body withers and dies. He was buried and said to have brought good and peace for miles and miles. In the show...do you really want the spoiler? Well, I'll just give you a little...he was resurrected by Naraku in order to set up a barrier that is able to purify demon powers.


Well, that's all folks! For now.