InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Black Sakura Blossoms ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: My mom was just watching world news and there was this thing about Japanese advertisement. There were these guys who were wearing orange, astronaut-looking suits with computer screens on their heads and a pack behind them where the battery for the screen is. And they were walking around the city as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Isn't that something?








Inuyasha 24/7


Black Sakura Blossoms









It was the beginning of a pleasant morning. The euphonious sound of the wind could be heard and the matriarchic pigeons could be seen sitting on their babies outside the window.


Yep. It was a good morning.


Kagome breathed in the fragrance of the early day's air before heading towards the bathroom. Hopefully Inuyasha isn't in there to cause another embarrassingly mortifying moment such as what happened yesterday.


What else happened yesterday? She asked herself as she discarded her clothes and folded them neatly on the toilet. She hopped into the shower. Yesterday...Inuyasha had been nice to Houjo. It was a surprise and oddly discomforting. Somehow she had anticipated his rudeness and was not ready for his politeness.

Hopefully he never does it again and goes back to normal.


Anything else interesting? Ah yes....



****



"Tell me again why we're sneaking out during dinner to look at a tree?" Inuyasha whispered harshly. Kagome ignored him and proceeded to drag him out of the house. Inuyasha was just vaguely conscious of the fact that Kagome was grasping his hand. Just vaguely. He was also just vaguely conscious of the fact that he was blushing. Just vaguely.


"It's not a normal tree Inuyasha...there's something about it. Every time we came by this place I always got this...vibe...I can't really explain it," Kagome said. There was a small mist of settling fog that made it difficult to look for the black tree, but Kagome continued to search. Then, as she pushed shrubs out of her way, she found it. There it was, introverted and hidden in the dark depths of large bushes.


"It's that black tree we saw earlier. You know... it gave me this weird feeling...like a vibe--" Inuyasha pondered.


"What!? And you didn't tell me?" Kagome nearly shouted.


"Sorry, I didn't want to worry you with useless stuff," Inuyasha said, sheepishly.


"Oh..." So he felt it too.


Inuyasha looked straight at the trees. That vibe he had...the feeling was more physical than psychological. His body had been sore for the couple of days that they've been here. He told himself that it was from the car trip, but it wouldn't last this long, would it? He was also getting dizzy spells, but wouldn't tell anyone about it, reassuring himself that it was just the weird food from Kagome's world.


Now...now that they were right in front of the tree, his soul felt as if it was twisting. Can you really feel your own soul?


"Kagome? I think we should go back inside," Inuyasha said, tugging on her shirt...tugging at his chest as well.


"Just a minute..." Kagome said, walking closer to the tree. She brought her hand close to the tree as if to touch it, but not quite...


"Kagome..." Inuyasha called again, his voice firm, almost pleading.


Kagome didn't seem to be listening as she gently brushed her hand against the tree.


With all the shock and power and sordid occurrences, nothing matched what she saw when she touched the ebony tree. Her hair was blown up, towards the sky and her eyes glowed a luminescent red.


These feelings...sounds...it was as if things or beings were living in the tree. She could hear voices of pleading, growling, screaming...she could feel rancor, deceit, sadness, and suffering...she could see their eyes...begging to be released...she could smell horrible scents such as the saltiness of tears, the rancid smell of rotting flesh, and the powerful smell of bitter blood...


Why were they suffering? What was going on? Why was she feeling their feelings, seeing what they were seeing, hearing what they were hearing, and smelling what they were smelling? Kagome began to panic. She could hear the screaming in her head and something tugging at her heart and something clutching her shoulders, pulling her back...


"Kagome!!" came a soothing, amicable voice.


Kagome blinked. Her eyes searched her surroundings. She was back at Great Aunt Maeko's garden with Inuyasha.


"Kagome, what the fuck happened?" Inuyasha asked, his eyes full of anger and concern.


"I...I...don't know..." Kagome sputtered. She suddenly felt Inuyasha's arms around her. She closed her eyes tightly and held onto his chest. She didn't realize she was shaking so hard.


"It's okay...tell me later...everything's fine..."


"Gomen ne...Inuyasha..."


"Don't apologize, you didn't do anything."


Inuyasha continued to hold the trembling girl. What happened just now? Kagome just touched the damn tree and now she was shaking like a deadly earthquake. He gently stroked her hair, hoping to calm her. Whatever happened just now obviously shook her badly.


He closed his eyes, putting his face in her hair before he realized he was inhaling her scent...and enjoying it. She smelled like...mint and raspberries.


"Mmm..." he found himself moaning. Kagome giggled softly. His eyes quickly opened. "What?" he asked.


"Nothing..." Kagome said. Inuyasha quickly pulled away and folded his arms.


"Feh!"



****



Yeah, now she remembered.


After her shower, she walked out, got dressed, and headed down the hall to where everyone else was. She was surprised to see Souta tired. He was usually the perky one around here. He simply picked at his food with no enthusiasm and when he was done picking, he put his fork down and said he was done. She looked up at Grandpa. He still seemed angry and grumpy. Great Aunt Maeko continued to glare at him viciously as if she could bite him with her eyes. Kagome didn't understand why the two never got along...


Mrs. Higurashi absently looked towards the window behind Kagome. She stood. "It's snowing!" she exclaimed.


Everyone turned to the window. "I thought the autumn season was still a bit young," Great Aunt Maeko said thoughtfully.


"You think everything is still young. You still seem to believe you look young. Slightly younger than a rotting rat corpse is what I'd say--" Grandpa said insolently.


"You bastard!" Great Aunt Maeko screamed as she lunged forward, across the table to reach for Grandpa's front shirt.


"Please! No need to start a squall!!" Mrs. Higurashi pleaded.


"We should leave," Kagome whispered to Inuyasha. He nodded.


"Grandpa? Great Aunt Maeko?" Souta asked in a small voice. Everyone turned towards him.


"Yes?" the two replied in unison.


"Let's just go outside and play in the snow," he said softly.


Kagome smiled. When Souta put on this tired, little boy act, it always worked when he wants to be heard.


Grandpa patted Souta's back. "Okay Souta, let's go!"


"No need to fight right now," Great Aunt Maeko said, her voice full of sincerity.


"Hey, I bet I could beat you there Inuyasha!" Souta said superciliously.


"Feh! You wish kid," Inuyasha said, running ahead of Souta.


"Hey!" Souta complained, chasing after him. He watched as Grandpa snuck ahead of him as well.


Kagome laughed as she quickly joined in to race Souta outside.


"Children...they all act like children," Great Aunt Maeko.


"Yes they do," Mrs. Higurashi replied. She turned to the older woman. "Aunt Maeko?"


"Yes dear?"


"I bet I'll beat you."


"I'd like to see you try."



****



"Wow, today had been eventful," Kagome said as she lay in her bed.


"Yeah..." Inuyasha grunted.


Kagome looked over to his bed. He had his back turned and was facing the window, watching the snowflakes fall almost sullenly.


"Inuyasha?"


There was no reply. She climbed over to his bed and gently nudged him in the shoulder.


"Hey, what's wrong?"


"I didn't tell you..." came a soft reply from Inuyasha.


"Didn't tell me what?"


"I was being affected by the tree," Inuyasha said. He turned to face her. Kagome was shocked. The ears that came with the hanyou package, the fangs, and the claws...they were all gone.


"Oh gods...so you...why? Why didn't you tell me?"


"Because when I got the back aches and the muscle aches, I thought it was from that cramped car of yours, and when I got dizzy and felt like spilling my fucking guts I thought it was the weird food you guys eat...but...but..."


"But?"


"But look at me!! I'm turning into a fucking human!!" Inuyasha shouted.


"Oh Kami...that means..."


"That damn priest is still working!"


Kagome stood from the bed. "What I saw in that tree--they were the souls of the lost youkai that the Hakushin priest 'destroyed'."


"So all of them are trapped in that tree?" Inuyasha asked.


"Yes...that's why it's black. It's full. It's filled with corrupt youkai souls and gentle youkai souls crammed together! I think this is starting to make sense!"


"But why a damn tree?"


"I don't know..."


"Kagome I could get sucked in!"


"I doubt that--"


"It's highly possible!!"


"Then we'll just have to find a way to break it," Kagome said pensively. Inuyasha watched her facial expression as if he could read what she was thinking by looking at her. Kagome looked up at him. "I got it!"


"What? What?"


"We can look in her library. There's got to be something about this old house there!"


"How can you be so sure?"


"I don't know. We've got to get started now!" Kagome looked around her. Inuyasha wasn't there anymore.


"Oiy, you coming?" Inuyasha asked, standing by the bedroom door, holding his hand out to her. Kagome smiled and jumped off the bed, grabbing his hand. Just as they opened the door, a man stood there, his hand ready to knock on the door.


"Hello?" Kagome greeted.


"Sorry, the house is just so large," the man replied with a polite chuckle. "Hi, my name is Musou."












A/N : So how was that? Sorry I took so long to get this out!! I was deprived of ideas and the computer for a while, so please forgive me! Well, I hope you like this chapter. Please R&R!!