InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ The Kiss??? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Someone asked me who Musou. Who hasn't been watching/reading Inuyasha? Musou is a part of Naraku that contains his human h eart. He went after Kagome in... I forgot what episode that was but anyways, he came after her thinking she was Kikyou. So he and Inuyasha started fighting and when Naraku realized that if Musou is killed, he 's killed, he took Musou back into his body before Inuyasha could kill him.

Did I get everything? Anymore questions?





Inuyasha 24/7





The Kiss???






So many thoughts were going on inside Inuyasha's head. One of them was killllll .

As if Kagome could feel this notion of Inuyasha's, she put her arm in front of him as if to direct him to control himself. Inuyasha gathered his composure and listened. If this was really Musou, wouldn't he be blindingly attacking them by now? No...

"Who are you?" Inuyasha seethed. Kagome shot him a look.

Musou didn't seem to notice Inuyasha's callousness and answered: "I'm Musou, Maeko-san's client who wants to buy the shrine."

Buy the shrine!? Kagome thought. Great Aunt Maeko never told any of them that she would sell her property. This shrine was part of their family!!

Inuyasha turned to Kagome. There it was again... Kagome said something...but she never moved her lips...

"Maeko-san told me that I had an appointment today," Musou explained, glancing at his watch. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm being rude. Who might you two be?"

"I'm your worst--" Inuyasha began, stepping forward angrily. Kagome laughed softly.

"I'm her...um...actually I'm not really sure what I am to her, but we're related," Kagome cut in. "She's my grandmother's sister on my father's side."

"Oh...I see," Musou answered.

"Musou-san! How are you my dear?" came a voice behind Musou.

Great Aunt Maeko.

She looked surprised for a second, then mortification covered her face. She grabbed Musou's arm.

Kagome and Inuyasha looked shocked for a moment. So, Great Aunt Maeko wasn't planning on telling anyone about her selling the shrine. Kagome suddenly found herself full of anger. How could she do this? She turned to Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha? Can you believe that?" she said. "She never even told me she was going to sell the shrine! Let alone tell Mama! This is--this is just..." She looked towards Great Aunt Maeko who was looking back with a defeated, sorry look. Too angry to even speak, Kagome turned her heal and walked away, with a perplexed Inuyasha trailing behind.

Somehow, things were getting more and more confusing and mixed up than they were before.

They should've just stayed home.


****


"Did you find anything in that section?" Kagome called out from behind one of the large bookshelves.

"No!" Inuyasha called back, three columns of shelves away.

The two met again and sat down, exhausted. After four full hours of researching, they found nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Maybe there aren't any books about this house here," Kagome said in a disillusioned tone.

"Don't say that! We'll find one Kagome," Inuyasha said, looking straight into her eyes with pure belief. Kagome smiled softly at him. Sometimes Inuyasha could be so nice and believable because he had so much faith, Kagome couldn't help but be utterly fond of him.

Even if there was still the whole Kikyou business...never mind...

Kagome shook her fond thoughts away and stood up. Inuyasha stood up at the same time, oblivious to the fact that when they stood up, they were in closer proximity with each other than the other was used to. Kagome looked up and noticed that Inuyasha was looking back at her with a timid look.

Timid? When was the last time she saw Inuyasha timid? When he was embarrassed or wasn't used to something, he would just turn and scoff his usual "feh!" out. In other words, there was never a time when she'd seen Inuyasha timid. This was very ... different.

For a moment, the two said nothing. They stared into each other's eyes with a look that seemed to be counting each second to see if the other would move or do something. Kagome gulped. Her head was racing. She felt dizzy...but dizzy in a good way. Was there a good way to feel dizzy? She didn't know, but somehow she felt that way.

Inuyasha on the other hand...it was difficult to see what he was thinking or feeling. He looked as if he were concentrating. He remembered the last time something like this between them had happened. They were watching Kagome's little brat of a brother and his gir lfriend...Hitomi was it? Well ... they were behind the bushes making sure that their work on the boy did him some good and got him something.

Not that! Perverts...they were around eight years old for Kami's sake! Anyways, the two managed to turn away that time before anything happened. Was that a good idea or bad? Who knew?

Suddenly, Inuyasha realized that his heart was beating faster than it was supposed to. No...this kind of thing never happened between him and Kikyou...nope...this was strange...it actually felt rather relieving and pleasant.

"I-Inuyasha?" Kagome asked softly.

"Shh..." Inuyasha whispered. He felt possessed at the moment, as if he couldn't control any of his movements and the sound of Kagome's voice and her calming scent was the one in control of him. Well, whatever it was, he wasn't backing away. Surprisingly, he moved forward and gently touched Kagome's face. The simple movement was so foreign and chaste that even Inuyasha himself, who was the one doing the movement, was confused by it.

What am I doing? What am I doing? What am I doing? he asked himself over and over. She was standing there like an inanimate object. Did she know what he was doing? Because he certainly didn't.

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? What am I going to do? Kagome repeated the phrase over and over again. He was touching her face and moving closer as if there was some space left between them. She was suddenly struck by the idea to just follow him .

She closed her eyes when she felt Inuyasha move closer as well. She could feel his clothing against her and his warm breath on her face. Was he going to kiss her?

No, he's going to eat my face, Kagome thought sarcastically. Still, it was more believable than Inuyasha actually wanting to kiss her.

Confused, befuddled, perplexed, puzzled, baffled, bewildered--there were so many words to describe what Kagome was feeling at the moment, so she decided there was only one thing to do that would solve all her problems.





"SIT!"





Maybe not all her problems.










A/N: Yes, I know, it was a really short chapter, but I wanted to isolate this particular one into a single chapter. Hope that was all right with you guys...