InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Naraku's Objective ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes: Hey everyone! New chapter!! Posted before Saturday! Score! Anyways, I'm glad you guys are enjoying this fic as much as I am in making it! Anyways I have nothing stupid to announce so...proceed!











Inuyasha 24/7






Naraku's Objective











"Wh at are you going to do with me you fucking asshole?" Inuyasha asked, the feeling in his body beginning to return.


"I'm using you as bait," Musou responded, stabbing another shot into Inuyasha's body. Inuyasha swore under his breathe as he felt the numbing pain return twice as agonizing. He watched as the corners of Musou's lips suddenly curled to a repulsively curt smile. "Speaking of bait, that little girlfriend of yours is heading our way right…now."


Kagome? Why the hell would they want Kagome? And…how in the hell did she find us!?


"Why don't I come and get her so the two of you can have a little chat?" Musou asked, his terse smile getting wider. The bastard…



****



The story of Otsune and Toshiharu wouldn't leave her mind at all. There were so many unanswered questions in that tale. The first, biggest one was, why did Toshiharu lock the souls of every youkai in that tree? Was it because Otsune left him? It can't be…then he wouldn't be a Hakushin. Why didn't Otsune tell him in person that she was leaving? How did Toshiharu pursue his apprenticeship even if he knew he was in love with Otsune? So many questions…so, so many questions...


The furtive darkness added with the thickness of the trees was enough to make Kagome dizzy. Where the hell was that voice coming from? All the trees seemed like those creepy silhouettes in those horror movies. They all seemed to come from every direction; also...why couldn't she hear Inuyasha's voice? She could feel his presence, but there were no signs of him using those horrible, foul words...


Kagome stopped. There... the voice was as clear as ice. She silently hid behind a tree and peeked through. Nothing.


Kagome squinted in the darkness. The sun was setting quickly and the leaves of the trees weren't helping her see any better. If only she could just step closer…


"Hello little Kagome. Remember me?" a deep voice came from behind Kagome. A chill ran straight down her spine, sending shivers all over her body as the owner of the voice grasped her shoulders harshly with his fingers.


Naraku?


"Close," the voice seemed to reply. "It's Musou…dearest Kagome. Don't you remember?"


Kagome quickly turned to face the figure, but was suddenly overwhelmed with a pressure against her lips. She realized with utter disgust that Musou was kissing her. The stress of his wet lips against her mouth made her want to throw up with the feeling of physical violation. She quickly pushed him away and kicked one of his shins.


"What are you doing!?" she cried, wiping her mouth. "That first kiss was meant for In--" she stopped before she could finish her own sentence. "That kiss was meant for someone else!" she decided to say instead.


Musou continued to smile. "Well I guess it's too late now. He didn't make the move," Musou replied with an all-knowing smirk.


"You jerk! Where is he?" Kagome asked, walking towards him angrily.


"You know, you have a lot of courage coming up to me in this manner," Musou answered coolly.


Kagome tore her angry gaze away from Musou and walked past him, pushing him aside to see if Inuyasha was somewhere in the brush behind him. She turned around and began walking away, calling out Inuyasha's name.


"You won't find him you filthy human, he can't respond to you," Musou seethed. He took a step towards Kagome. "Besides, he's not who I want," he continued, staring darkly into her eyes.


Kagome gave him a pensive look of perplexity. Who did this guy want then?


"K…Ka…gom…Kagome--r…run!!" a pained voice said behind her. Kagome quickly turned.


"Inuyasha! I was looking all over for--"


"Dammit I said run Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted as he attempted to get on his feet. Kagome couldn't move. Instead, she turned towards Musou and saw his irritated expression as he watched Inuyasha. Suddenly, his eyes turned to her.


Kagome took a step back. Musou was still staring at her. There was something about his eyes that made her so angry and yet…so afraid that her body felt utterly paralyzed. Kagome heard rustling behind her, realizing that Inuyasha had managed to stand.


"Stay away from her Musou. This is between Naraku and me!" Inuyasha growled, stepping in front of Kagome.


"Inu--" Kagome began, grabbing Inuyasha's hand impulsively. He soothingly hushed her.


Inuyasha's eyes quickly met hers sullenly. He squeezed her hand and pulled her close for a second, whispering in her ear, "I'll be fine."


"But…" she tried again, her cheeks flushed from the transient, yet meaningful physical contact between Inuyasha and her.


"Just go, I'll take care of this bastard," Inuyasha said, letting Kagome's hand fall to her side. He stepped forward to Musou. "This ends here."


"I'm afraid not Inuyasha. Apparently Naraku doesn't want to deal with you yet. It's that bitch over there that he wants," Musou spat, glaring at Kagome obtrusively.


Kagome shuddered, feeling his eyes on her. That repelling kiss still remained in her mind. She cringed with disgust.


"Ew!! He kissed me!!" she found herself saying childishly, covering her face with both of her hands.


"He what!? You fucking bastard--" Inuyasha began, trudging forward. Then stopped, remembering that it was better to fight when he was calm. "Well Musou, you're not going to get her until you've gone through me," Inuyasha replied, pulling Tetsusiaga out of its sheath. With this, he thanked the gods that Great Aunt Maeko had allowed him to bring it along.


He glared at Musou. First I'll rip your head off them I'll kick your ass for kissing Kagome. Read me?


Musou gave the evil grin once more. Naraku had cautioned him about this. Inuyasha was not going to give that girl up without a fight.


"So she does mean something to you," Musou responded, grimly.


As quickly as Musou said this, Inuyasha's face turned a deep shade of crimson. "Wha--I--feh!" he simply replied, attacking Musou before he had anymore time to say anything else.


Musou extracted a sword from a thin sheath tied around his gray zubon. He quickly blocked Tetsusiaga before he became a victim to it. He stealthily bolted out of the way and leapt to the branch of a nearby tree. Inuyasha ground his teeth. He couldn't allow this thing to take Kagome...


If he did, he would never, ever forgive himself for it.


Inuyasha briskly pursued him, slashing the sleeve of his haori before cutting the rope of his sheath off. The two watched as it fell to the forest ground.


Kagome couldn't take this. She wasn't just going to sit there and watch as Inuyasha fought! She wasn't going to be a bystander any longer. She came here to save him right? She couldn't allow him to save himself! This was preposterous!


She glanced around until she found a couple rocks. She smiled and picked the largest one up and aimed it at Musou's head.


"Oww, dammit!" a voice came from the tree. Kagome slapped her hand against her mouth. She heard the figure fall to the ground.


"Ooh, I'm so sorry Inuyasha! I was aiming for Musou!!" Kagome said, running quickly to Inuyasha. She helped him up.


"Kagome?" Inuyasha said, rubbing his temple.


"Yes?" Kagome asked sweetly.


"Just leave the fighting to me!" he said irately.


"Gomen ne!!" Kagome exclaimed apologetically. "But I couldn't just watch you fight him while I watch--"


"I will get what I came here for!" Musou screamed from behind Kagome. Inuyasha quickly pushed Kagome from Musou's target and attempted to thrust Tetsusaiga into Musou's ribs. Musou dodged it easily and persisted to take Kagome. Kagome's wide eyes were filled with fear and confusion as he suddenly came at her, his eyes glowing viridescently.


"KAGOME! GET OUT OF THE WAY--"



****



Toshiharu looked around his village. Everything was in ruin...


How could this have happened?


He knew...yet he did not believe it.


Today he recieved a letter saying that their small, inferior village was in the way of a civil war between the South and the North. Eventually, the North lost and surrendered all their land to the more powerful Southern Japanese territory.


Earlier, he remembered walking around the village to tend to the injured and saw little Misuyo's body covered with dust and blood. Her eyes were still wide open. Even death wouldn't allow them to rest. He said a small prayer and shut her eyes. This is how those emperors and empresses treated their people? Who would kill the people of small village then send a letter to tell them they were going to die?


It was signed by Emperor Hokusai and his wife:


Empress Otsune Hokusai.










A/N: I'm sorry, I couldn't get around a fighting scene. I had to put it! I haven't really written any fight-scenes before, but I'm glad I attempted one! Please give me some constructive criticism on this one! I may need it! Thanks everyone!