InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Once Upon a Time...The End ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This one is a bit angsty, like the last one. Please bear with me! Well that was long huh? Sorry about the wait everyone! I had a French test and two other tests that might determine my second quarter grades! Gasp! So, yeah, have fun!











Inuya sha 24/7








Once Upon a Time...The End








"So what really happened then, Great Aunt Maeko?" Kagome asked as she turned her chair to face the woman standing at the door.


Great Aunt Maeko looked around the room suspiciously as if to make sure no one was watching them or listening to their conversation. She put a finger to her lips and whispered a "shh!" before shutting the door until she heard the "click."


"You must promise me that this will not leave the room."


"Okay, I promise," Kagome said in a low voice.


"I told this once to a very trusted friend and it did not go very well. I was sent to many an institution, and was given medication that still gives me a headache today..."


"That serious?"


"Oh yes..."


"You trust me, right Great Aunt Maeko?"


"Of course. I would just like to know why you and your boyfriend--"


"He's not--" Kagome began, but stopped. "Never mind..."


Great Aunt Maeko smiled.


"You just like to tease me," Kagome giving a mock-angry look.


Maeko grinned. "No, I just want you to be true to yourself."


Kagome looked up into the chocolate brown eyes of the plump figure that was Maeko. There was something childish, yet enigmatically wise about her. Like the eternal wisdom of Willie Wonka in the shape of an Oompa Loompa. Not that Great Aunt Maeko resembled an Oompa Loompa...well not really. Like a pretty Oompa Loompa in a dress...yeah, that's it...


"So, what really happened to Otsune and Toshiharu?" Kagome asked, pushing her random thoughts away.


"It was Otsune's aunt who started the frustration. Do you remember, in the book, where it talks of Otsune's aunt taking her from Toshiharu's village?"


"Yes..."


"Well, her aunt Yoriko, thinking it was best for her, arranged a marriage with a desperate emperor named Hokusai Jotaro. He was around his thirties in human years when he married Otsune who was around 15 or 16, in human years, at the time. But listen, he was a youkai, just as Otsune was a hanyou.


"Yoriko had fed her these lies just to keep her from being hurt by these 'pesky' humans. She told Otsune how they fought many wars and tried to drive youkai away because of their hatred for all things different from them. Of course she thought this was for the best because eventually humans would die before Otsune and she would be hurt over and over as they die, leaving her mourning for the rest of her life."


"So it was her aunt's fault?"


"Well, in her desperation to keep Otsune away from humans, she persuaded Hokusai to be her ally, threatening that Otsune might leave if he didn't kill the human she was obviously still deeply in love with. He became consumed with hatred and caused a war between northern and southern Japan.


"This was when Otsune started to worry. She had asked Yoriko if the small village Toshiharu was in was safe from the war. Yoriko told her it was all right...


"But in reality the village was destroyed and Toshiharu believed it to be a doing of both Emperor Hokusai and Otsune. This was about the time many villagers began asking him for help, asking him for release and safety from Kami-sama. Toshiharu then started to get the title, Great Hakushin, for his absolute chastity and helpfulness.


"When the war eventually worsened, youkai attacking their village with no mercy, people stealing from the weak out of desperation, Toshiharu proposed he be a true Hakushin priest, saying that he would protect them always. That no youkai shall hurt them anymore.


"Including himself."


Kagome sat in solemn silence as she listened to Great Aunt Maeko. So she did believe in youkai and such. Great Aunt Maeko was such a good liar.


"Meanwhile..."



~~



Otsune had lit out of the castle as fast as she could, running from the guards surrounding the hostile building. She ran through the forest in fear of being attacked by youkai, in fear of getting tortured and killed by angry humans, and in fear of getting caught by her aunt or Jotaro.


Many miles she ran until she reached the village.


As she hid through the shrubs, she noticed groups of people surrounding something. She walked up to them, but was suddenly roughly pulled back by three village men.


"What are you doing? Please, I'm not here to harm anyone--"


"You're a youkai, you don't belong here, leave before we have to kill yo--"


"I only want to see Toshiharu!" Otsune cried, struggling from their grasp. "Please! I have something to tell him!"


"You cannot speak to a Hakushin priest during prayer."


"A...Ha-Hakushin priest?" Otsune asked, her face already tearstained.


"Please Youkai, leave--"


Otsune ignored the man and yanked herself away from him. She watched as villagers gasped and shouted as she pushed past them to get to the burial ground of Toshiharu.


The men came back as Otsune struggled to reach the grave. "No!"


She could hear voices around her, arms surround her, but nothing could be comprehended. Nothing really mattered anymore. Only that she reach Toshi...


She could feel him. He was dying. She didn't know how long he'd been in there. Maybe a couple weeks, a month tops. Toshiharu had always been such a strong boy...


Otsune still felt the resistance as they tried to keep her away from the sacred grave.


"Toshi! TOSHI! It's me!!"


"He prayed for all youkai to disappear," an elderly woman said behind her. "Including you..." Otsune ignored her as she shoved the men away from her. She threw herself onto his grave and cried like she had never cried before.


"Toshi!! Can you hear me? I love you! I LOVE YOU! I never wanted this to happen! I was tricked!" she cried desperate to be heard and to hear his voice. "Do you hear me Toshi? I said I love you... You know I always will...I never meant for this to happen..."


There was no reply.


"I...love...you..." she choked as she laid her heard onto the flat surface. She felt ceaseless tears falling from her eyes as she cried onto his grave.


Suddenly, a bright violet light emanated from his grave, softly at first, then pulsing through the village and throughout the land...


The youkai were gone.




~~~



Kagome sat in shock as she listened to the last part. "Great Aunt Maeko?"


"Yes?"


"Is that how it really ended with them?"


"I'm afraid so... Those poor children. " She paused and sighed. "This is why I don't want you to hide your feelings from someone you love," Great Aunt Maeko said in a hushed voice. "Well, it's time to go to bed," she continued as she opened the door. She pushed Kagome out after she had gotten up from her seat.


"That was a horrible bedtime story," Kagome sulked.


"Well get used to it, statistically, 98% of relationships don't end in 'happily ever after.'"


Kagome grinned. "G'night Great Aunt Maeko."


"Now remember what I told you. That does not leave that room," Maeko warned. Kagome nodded.


Great Aunt Maeko walked down the hallway to her room, yawning and stretching as she entered her room and shut the door.


Kagome turned and walked to her room where she expected Souta to be drooling on his pillow, and where she expected Inuyasha to be drooling on her pillow. (Each night he had rebelliously stolen her bed just to playfully spite her.) She looked over at Souta's bed.


That's strange, he's not in bed. Kagome shrugged it off. Probably in the bathroom.


She turned to where Inuyasha was sleeping and smiled. Cunningly, she crawled onto her bed, hoping to scare Inuyasha out of his wits...but was tremendously surprised when the figure turned.


She staggered back as if she had just been hit. The ominous figure smirked at her as he grabbed her wrist.


"Miss me?" his rough voice asked.


"No, but I miss the dead cockroaches under my bed in the shrine," Kagome spat, struggling to yank her arm away from him.


"You're learning these hostile responses from your little hanyou now aren't you? Tsk, tsk...nobody likes a bad girl..." he said in a solemn sing-song tone. He gave a chuckle that sent chills down Kagome's spine. He grasped her arm tightly and pulled her close. He dragged her up as she attempted to wriggle free from his grasp. He laughed. "Do you know what happens to bad, human girls?" He paused as he brought her to a window. "They get kidnapped by an evil youkai and killed by Naraku!" he said in a disturbingly high-pitched tone.


"Where are my brother and Inuyasha?" Kagome demanded, ignoring him.


"Oh, Inuyasha's in the bathroom, but your little brother is with me...never mind him...he's not of importance my sweet," he answered casually.


"What are you doing? Let go jerk!"


"No, my little flower...my little Kikyou..."


Kikyou?


But before Kagome could dwell on her thoughts, she was dragged out of the window by powerfully large, sharp hands that peirced through her skin. He touched her forehead gently as she felt herself floating into the air, held by him. The movement of his fingers against her forehead caused a pulse of energy to flow through her body, causing her to reach subliminal unconsciousness.








A/N: Finally, a chapter from me! Whoa! Surprised? Well, what did you think? I know I talked a lot about Otsune and Toshiharu and there was no Inuyasha in this chapter (Mob of Inu-fans in the background, "BOO! YOU SUCK!"), but you know he's coming... after that kiss, (ooh HOT! Lol...) you think he's just going to let Musou take her?


Well, I hope you enjoy it anyways. I'm on my way to doing my next chapter, 'Peculiar Hideout.' And no, it's not about Kikyou. Don't worry! ^_^


Byee for now!