InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha 24/7 ❯ Surprises for Kagome ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Hello everyone! This is the next chapter as you all know! Yeah, someone told me the last chapter was boring because there was no Inu/Kag in it...sorry to disappoint you but I needed to fit the story somewhere.


Okay, this part gets a bit confusing because...well you'll find out if you want to read! Well, here it is!











Inuyas ha 24/7








Surprises for Kagome








Kagome awoke with a start. She quickly sat up and opened her eyes, but then realized what a big mistake that was. Bright light burned her wide pupils, causing her to wince and turn away.


Where had Musou taken her? She looked around hearing a muffled voice and seeing a familiar blob of color and movement in front of her. She blinked twice to try and concentrate. When the images and sounds became clear, she became paralyzed with confusion.


"Kagome...Kagome are you all right?" Inuyasha's muffled voice questioned.


"Inuyasha? What are you doing here?" Kagome asked.


"Shh, you need to lay down, you're still body's still tired from using your new powers," Inuyasha explained, gently.


"Using my new powers?" I have more? Kagome wondered. She attempted to stand up. Inuyasha pushed her back down, keeping a firm hand on her shoulder. "Why are you here?" she asked, rubbing her aching head.


"You don't remember?" Inuyasha asked, his firm hand leaving her shoulder and moving onto her arm where he wrapped an ice pack. Kagome watched him wrap it, still confused at to what was happening.


"No...I actually don't remember...tell me why you're here?"Kagome asked as she tried to sit again.


"Kagome you still need rest, stop trying to sit up," Inuyasha said, his voice still calm and gentle.


What is he talking about? Kagome wondered. "I'm fine Inuyasha...I...what happened? Why are you here?"


"Why do you keep asking that damn question? I picked you up from the forest when you fainted after Musou left. Then I brought you here and got ambushed by your family, then I cleaned your wounds and you woke up. There, happy?" Inuyasha said, pushing her shoulders down lightly to lay her back down as she once again tried to get up.


Kagome laughed ridiculously. "You're making this up! I woke up already, then we had an argument then we..." Kagome trailed off. She sat pensively. What's going on?


"Then we what?" Inuyasha asked. Inuyasha looked utterly confused. Kagome ignored his question and stared at him for a moment. She moved closer, a scrutinizing glint in her eye. She grabbed his cheeks and pulled. "Kag--what the hell are you doing!?"


"You're Musou aren't you? You're doing this to me!!!" Kagome cried, refusing to lay down, hitting Inuyasha in the arm repeatedly.


"Ow! What the hell is your problem?" Inuyasha asked, staggering away from her as he slapped her hands from him. It was really Inuyasha. It wasn't some mind game. She examined Inuyasha. No...Musou doesn't know how Inuyasha acted. He couldn't possibly imitate what Inuyasha was doing at the moment. That look of confusion and disbelief in his amber eyes.


So...none of that happened? But it seemed so absolutely, completely real...the feelings I had, the feelings Inuyasha had, the reactions, Great Aunt Maeko's story...and...and the kiss with Inuyasha...So none of it happened?! I never woke up, I never got into an argument about my arm with Inuyasha, I never kissed him, I never thought my thoughts, I never spoke with Great Aunt Maeko about Otsune or Toshiharu? But--but I pinched myself and it hurt!!! Pinching lies!! I will never pinch again!


"Kagome?" Inuyasha called, a strong look of worry blanketing his face. Kagome stood up and walked over to where he had staggered. She stopped just as she was at his feet. He blinked wonderingly.


"Musou...you're doing this..." Kagome whispered into the air, falling to the ground in front of him.


"No I'm not Musou dammit!" Inuyasha growled, backing away from her.


"No...it's not that...I had a dream..." Kagome sat frozen on her spot. She was still in shock. Nothing that had previously happened--actually happened. "It was so real..."


"Oi...Kagome...you all right?" Inuyasha asked, moving closer to her on the floor. Kagome continued to stare into nothingness. Something had happened while she was asleep. He could tell by the uncertainty in her scent.


Kagome mumbled something that was inaudible to Inuyasha.


"What?"


"No..." she whispered. She looked up at Inuyasha. "No, I'm not all right. I had a dream Inuyasha, that I woke up, had an argument with you--" she decided to take out the kissing part, "--Great Aunt Maeko told me what happened to Otsune and Toshiharu, and I came back to the room and was kidnapped by Musou... I don't know what happened. It was so real!"


"Kagome, it was all a dream--"


"No! If you were me, you would have felt how real the dream was! It felt as if I lived something that doesn't exist!" Kagome cried, standing from the ground. Just as she had swiftly stood, her legs gave way and she collapsed. Inuyasha quickly caught her before she hit the ground.


"Kagome...shh...it's okay, Musou didn't take you. You're still safe...you're safe with me..." Inuyasha whispered to the perplexed girl, wrapping his arms tightly around her as he pulled her into a warm, careful hug. He felt Kagome's arms surround his waist.


This 'vacation' was beginning to get more stressful than staying at the Sengoku Jidai during Kagome's school hours. Inuyasha sighed into her hair. Musou and Naraku were getting to Kagome as well. They probably gave her that dream to paralyze and confuse her.


"Inuyasha...Musou called me his little Kikyou before I 'fell into unconsciousness.' What do you think that's about?" Kagome asked, still clutching him. She closed her eyes, loving the feeling of being the center of his attention. She was deeply disapointed that the kiss she shared with him was merely a dream, but if she could be this close to him, it really didn't matter at the moment.


"Well, you know how Onigumo had that perverted infatuation with Kikyou? He could still have it in Musou, you know that right?" Inuyasha replied, resting his chin in the nest of her disheveled hair-do.


"Mm...you're right," Kagome said, cuddling closer to him.


"So what else happened in your dream?" Inuyasha asked, taking in her scent.


"I ki--" Kagome began, still drifting in her comfortable daydream. She snapped out of it as soon as the first three letters escaped her lips. She pulled away from Inuyasha, forcing his eyes to open at the surprising deprivation.


"You...?" he asked, disgruntled that she pulled away from him, but concealing it with his regular arrogant facade.


"I..." What do I say? "I...kicked you because you were being a jerk!" Kagome said, turning away from him. There was a disquieting silence. Kagome regretted saying it the moment the last word came out of her mouth.


Just on cue, Great Aunt Maeko and Mrs. Higurashi passed by the room, stopping after hearing the word "jerk."


"What's this?" Great Aunt Maeko whispered.


"Shh!" Mrs. Higurashi shushed, peeking through the door.


"Ah shit, I'm still causing trouble for you even in your dreams, Princess Kagome?" Inuyasha replied in a low, grim tone.


Kagome's head snapped in his direction. Okay, maybe it hadn't been a good idea to say she had kicked him, but she ran out of verbs that started with a K or I. Still, once he provoked her, yelling so loudly and he calling her that "princess" thing again, she cracked and felt her instincts tell her she was obligated to scream back.


"Are you going to let that boy talk to Kagome this way?" Great Aunt Maeko asked.


"Don't worry, he just swears a lot, he means well," Mrs. Higurashi said with a smile. Great Aunt Maeko gave her an uncertain look.


"Inuyasha, I'm not going to argue with you!"


"Then DON'T! Just listen while I yell at you!"


"You know, you are such a jerk!"


"You started it bitch!"


"Ugh!!!!"


"Kiss my ass," Inuyasha seethed as he stalked out of the room, leaving a very sorry Kagome behind.


Mrs. Higurashi and Great Aunt Maeko suddenly realized Inuyasha was coming their way so they shuffled away pretending to play cards on the floor...in front of the room.


The two women stared up at Inuyasha, waiting to see if he'd say anything. In fact, he did.


"What are you staring at?" he snapped before he stomped down the hall.


"He means well, eh?" Great Aunt Maeko asked. Mrs. Higurashi gave a nervous laugh.


Kagome sat down on the couch, frustration and distress filling her mind. She wished her dream had really happened. That way, she and Inuyasha wouldn't be fighting again for no particular reason, and even if Musou kidnapped her, she knew Inuyasha would somehow find a way to save her...that was how it was supposed to be. Instead, Naraku was probably playing tricks with her mind, Inuyasha was angry at her, and she was depressed, sitting on a couch that looked just as sad as she felt.


As she pondered on what she had just done, she realized something completely off the subject of her depression.


Did I think Great Aunt Maeko looked like an Oompa Loompa?



****



Inuyasha couldn't believe her! After he had been there, tending to her wounds, watching over her, comforting her from her bad dream, she had the audacity to start a fight with him!


I'm sorry Kagome. You're probably blaming me for not saving you from Musou. This is how you pay me back huh? Fine! Then we just won't speak until we leave this damn hell hole and go back to Sengoku Jidai, Inuyasha cogitated, fuming.


He walked out to Maeko's garden and sat down silently at one of the benches. The outline of the sun could already be seen seeping through the black mountains. He sighed. Tonight would be a new moon. He had to watch where he went or else Naraku might become amused by the thought of killing Inuyasha as a human.


He froze. There was a soft whisper in the wind. To the human ear it would not have been audible, but Inuyasha heard it as clearly as if it had been a baby screaming. He scoffed.


"Go away Kagome," he replied to the whisper, assuming it was her.


Cold fingers gently brushed along the side of his cheek. He froze then stood up and away from the bench, looking around for any sign of life. It's not Kagome, Inuyasha thought, sniffing the air for Kagome's scent.


This scent was more like...like some sort of flower...a lilac? Inuyasha never did remember the names of flowers. He never really cared for them. He looked around. Where did those fingers come from and where did that voice come from?


There...he heard it again.


"Come out, whoever the hell you are!" Inuyasha called, grasping Tetsusaiga. He swiftly turned but was stunned to see the pale face of a young girl. He slowly put Tetsusaiga down, but was still cautious. Who was this girl?


"Toshiharu..." she whispered, walking closer to Inuyasha, holding her arms out to him. He backed away from her.


Toshiharu...isn't that the name of that monk? Inuyasha thought, stepping back at each step the girl took toward him.


"Toshiharu...I missed you so much..." the girl said, her voice melancholy and depressing.


"Uh...sorry, I'm not Toshiharu..." Inuyasha tried.


"Please don't run from me...I know I hurt you...I never meant to..."


Inuyasha stood frozen. He didn't know what to do. This girl, probably Otsune, was a ghost. How was he supposed to talk to a ghost who won't listen to him?


"Look, how about you wait here and I'll go find your boyfriend?" Inuyasha suggested, taking a step toward the building. As quickly as he could, he ran back to where Kagome was.


Mrs. Higurashi and Great Aunt Maeko watched as he swept past them to the room Kagome was in. Mrs. Higurashi smiled at Great Aunt Maeko, nudging her.


"He means well."


As Inuyasha walked in, Kagome looked up, confused. Inuyasha never comes back to apologize. She examined his face and sighed inwardly. By the look of it, it didn't seem as if he did come to apologize. Or did he? It seemed as if it was something else.


"Inuyasha...?"


"Kagome I--"


"No, I'm sorry I kicked you in my dream." Please take a moment to raise your hand if you think that sounded ridiculous. Kagome slammed a palm on her forehead. "I mean...I'm sorry, you're no trouble to me at all, I'm sorry I yelled at you. It's my fault--"


"Stop. Don't talk," Inuyasha whispered. He knelt down in front of her on the couch and grabbed her hands. She looked up at him with a look of utter surprise. He was surprised that she looked surprised. Okay, she did have a right to, he never showed her this much affection before...well he did...but all those times he did, neither of them really thought much about it, it just happened, unlike now.


Okay, now how was he going to say this? He sat, looking thoughtfully into her eyes.


"Kagome, I know I'm a jerk sometimes--SO GET USED TO IT!!"


No...


"Look wench, stop bitching and listen to me 'cause when I talk no one else speaks--"


Okay, that's gonna earn him a sit...


"Kagome, I can be an asshole, but I mean well."


"You know guys like me are...well we tend to shout a lot...''


"Okay, so there's this guy and there's this girl and see the guy accidentally spilled his drink on the girl's clothes and the girl yelled at him and he got pissed off because it was an accident--and well, what I'm trying to say is that girls shouldn't get mad at guys just because they spill their drinks...no wait..."


Inuyasha stopped all thought. No. Never again was he going to rely on his brain to give him thoughts.


Wait--what!?


"Inuyasha, it's my fau--"


"It's not your fault, I should have known better than to yell at you. It's not like you really kicked me. It was a stupid dream," Inuyasha said, seemingly satisfied with his answer.


Kagome winced. If Inuyasha had known what that dream meant to her, then he'd know that it wasn't just "a stupid dream." She smiled anyways, glad that their fight only lasted some mere minutes.


"Kagome, I saw something when I went outside," Inuyasha said, letting her hands go.


"What was it?"


"Otsune. She was looking for that guy...Toshi? Haru? Whatever the hell his name is," Inuyasha said.


"Either one," Kagome replied with a shrug. "Inuyasha? We have to find out what's going on."


"Let's go see if Otsune's still there," Inuyasha suggested.


The two watched as Great Aunt Maeko and Mrs. Higurashi walk back and forth as if they were watching the two. Inuyasha and Kagome decided that if they stayed up long enough, the two older women would eventually go to sleep so they could sneak out.


When that time came, the two went out through one of Great Aunt Maeko's back doors and quietly opened it.


They were deeply surprised to see two people sitting against the side of the door, asleep. They were wearing a strange combination of clothes and hats were covering their slumbering faces. Inuyasha quickly went into battle mode, pulling Kagome behind him.


"Inu--"


"Shh! They could attack any minute!" Inuyasha interrupted.


"Inuyasha they're asleep!" Kagome hissed, walking towards the two figures. She looked back up at Inuyasha.


"Who the hell are they?" Inuyasha asked.


Kagome approached the two slumbering figures carefully, making sure not to wake them or provoke them in any way. By the position of the figures, it looked as if one was a guy and the other a girl. Kagome apprehensively touched the cap of the man, then lifted it with gradual caution. Her eyes widened in recognition. She lifted the woman's cap.


"It's Sango and Miroku!"











A/N: How was that?


Oh, I was thinking of adding San/Mir in it, what do you think?