InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha A Feudal Fairytale: Bound By A Promise ❯ Tetsusaiga vs. Seishi Hino ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, back with a chappie!!

Yoake: Whew… that was a loooong chapter to write, eh Shihaisha?

Shihaisha: ……..

Yoake: Oh great, you're in your "I'm an ass kicking silent Matrix chick" mood right?

Shihaisha: *plays with her fire sword*

Yoake: *Gets really big scared eyes and gets the blue lines* Um… yeah. Well, how's everyone liking our story? *pokes Shihaisha carefully* Say something to our fans!

Shihaisha: Very well…well I hope you are enjoying the story , if you are it is because I am the better writer. Oh and I have noticed that in our pre notes before the chaps my partner in crime has failed to provide an adequate disclaimer. *gives Yoake a side long glance*

Yoake: *looks guiltily at her partner* I didn't wanna sign over ownership of Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru!!! Geez….

Shihaisha: hmm…well it must be done. So we do not (unfortunately) own any of the Inuyasha characters but we do claim rights to our own characters and the idea the story follows.

Yoake: *muttering to herself* She's the better writer?! Then why do my single written stories have more reviews?! Oh well *looks at everyone* PLEASE review for us.. Shihaisha's murdering habit doesn't spark up so much when she gets reviews… *sees Shihaisha all crimson eyed and come at her with the sword* OH CRAP!!! UNTILL NEXT TIME!

Chapter 3: Tetsusaiga vs. Seishi Hino

Miroku's eyes lit up at the sight of yet another beautiful woman and pushed Inuyasha aside, "accidentally" hitting the hanyou in the skull with his staff.

"I am the one called Inuyasha. How is it that I may serve you?"

Kagome didn't know whether to hide her face in her hands or laugh at Miroku's antics. She noticed the look of anger crossed with shock on Inuyasha's face and winced.

`Miroku has definitely over stepped his bounds this time. I hope Inuyasha keeps his temper under control, though it would be a first for him.'

Inuyasha loosed a growl from his throat at Miroku, marching over to the flirtatious monk and grabbing him by the collar of his robes.

"Just what the hell do you think you're playin at bouzu?! I should kill you for even attempting to impersonate me!"

Miroku looked solemnly at Inuyasha before turning back to Konaosu.

"Forgive my friend Miroku's behavior; he's… been a little agitated lately."

Inuyasha let out a louder growl, one full of threat before throwing the monk towards Sango.

"Sango would you take care of your wench already? Control him!"

Kagome's jaw dropped as an out raged Sango shouted out a denial.

"INUYASHA! What'd you say that for?!"

"It's true ain't it?"

"Inuyasha, as soon as whatever business that this young woman has with you is finished,I am going to kill you."

"Bring it on Sango!"

Kagome felt her control slip just a little as she sternly said the word.

"Inuyasha, osuwari!"

:THUD:

"Kagome you bitch!"

"Osuwari. I told you not to call me that."

"Would you just quit saying that fucking word already?!"

"She wouldn't have to say it if you quit acting like a child."

"Shut the hell up Sango, no one asked you!"

Miroku rubbed his head from where Inuyasha had smacked him and scowled at his hanyou friend.

"Inuyasha, you should never curse at a lady. They never deserve it."

"Just like you don't deserve getting smacked in the face for being a pervert!"

"I don't."

Kagome gave Miroku a look that said whatever.

"Please tell me that you were trying to be funny Miroku."

"I wasn't, I don't deserve to get hit for no reason."

Sango's grip on Hiraikotsu slipped, bringing the large bone boomerang crashing down on to the monk's head.

"Oops, that slipped out of my hands."

Inuyasha had a yeah right look on his face before glowering at the girl in front of his party.

"So what the hell do you want?"

Konaosu raised an eyebrow as she watched the antics before her. `Yes their temperaments are quite in sync with each other. Though Sesshoumaru has better control than his quick tempered brother.'

"I am here to test your skills as a fighter if you are worthy."

Inuyasha's ears flattened against his head, his fangs bared as he glared death towards this impertinent female who dared challenge him.

"Feh, if I'm worthy? Tch, you're a cocky bitch ain't ya?"

Konaosu's eyes narrowed. `My taiyoukai is right about one thing, he is an idiot.'

"Do you always run at the mouth before you are sure of your opponent's skill? I hope that your fighting skills have more finesse than your mouth."

A chuckle was heard from Miroku who was then silenced by another blow to the head, this time the culprit being a stone that was hurled at him.

Inuyasha glared at her, pointing the Tetsusaiga at the girl's throat.

"Keh, you're gonna wish that talking was all I did to you after I'm finished!" Inuyasha leapt forward and swung the large fang at Konaosu.

"Maybe this'll teach you to shut your mouth!"

Konaosu smiled slightly easily dodging his attack.

"That was disappointing."

Inuyasha whirled back, about ready to fire off yet another wise ass comment before catching a hint of his half brother's scent on the girl's clothing.

"What the? Hey bitch! Why do you have Sesshoumaru's scent all over you?!"

Konaosu rolled her eyes.

"Perhaps if I properly introduced myself you would not feel the need to use such pet names. After all I can't imagine that you would want to be accused of behaving like your brother."

Inuyasha growled and swung Tetsusaiga again at the girl.

"Just shut up and answer the question already!"

Miroku's voice emerged from behind the battle.

"Inuyasha, stay your tongue and allow the lady to properly introduce herself. Not all of us are such battle loving youkai you know."

Inuyasha glared at Miroku.

"Shut your trap monk, or do I have to shut it permanently for you?!"

Konaosu sighed. `Apparently I must teach this young pup a lesson. Oh well this should be entertaining at the very least.'

"My lord's actions are no concern of yours, but if you prove to be a worthy opponent then perhaps I will answer your questions." Konaosu smiled resting a hand on the hilt of her blade.

Inuyasha scowled and attacked her, swinging Tetsusaiga in his usual fashion.

" Anything that involves that arrogant asshole Sesshoumaru does concern me! So, start talking before I spill your guts on the ground!"

Konaosu's eyes lit with amusement as she dodged Inuyasha's attack yet again. Konaosu drew her blade as she passed him, hitting him in the back with the flat of the blade.

"You need to be quicker if you are planning on disemboweling me."

Inuyasha scowled, mentally resisting the urge to rub his back from her strike.

"You ain't seen anything yet! That scrap of metal can't even compare to my Tetsusaiga!"

As the two fought on, Miroku commented lightly on the "decent" conversation that was taking place.

"If I didn't know that this woman's tastes were more sophisticated, I would say that she is flirting with him."

Inuyasha scowled and jumped back, placing himself in front of his band of friends before glaring at his opponent.

"Tch, I've had enough of this crap! Time to end this fight!"

He darted forward slightly and threw out his hand, his claws releasing a golden energy that flew towards Konaosu.

"SANKON TESSOU!!" (Soul Shattering Iron Claw)

Inuyasha then grasped Tetsusaiga's hilt and swung down, following the darkness of his own youki with his senses.

"Let's see you dodge THIS!"

"KAZE NO KIZU!!!" (Wound of the Wind)

The energy burst from the blade, rushing towards the standing form of the youkai it was attacking.

Konaosu smiled enjoying the throngs of the battle. `So this hanyou does have some bite to his bark. I suppose it is time for me to be serious.' Konaosu gripped the Seishi Hino with both hands, releasing the fire within.

"Eien hi no ken, HANASU!!" (Eternal Flame of the Sword, SEPARATE!)

The blade separated into two, no longer resembling that of a normal blade. Konaosu cast the blade in her left hand directly into the Kaze no Kizu. The white flames grew as it made contact. It passed through the youki undamaged splitting the wave into two. Konaosu easily deflected Sankon Tessou with the other and stood peacefully as the Kaze no Kizu passed by her, the after shock blowing the hair from her face to stream like an ebony banner with transparent gold flames running through the billowing stream behind her.

Shippou gulped and yelled at Inuyasha from his regular perch on Kagome's shoulder.

" Inuyasha! She's found a way to defeat your attack! Get out of there before she beats you!"

The afore mentioned hanyou glared back at the young kitsune boy, his amber eyes flaring up as the verbal blow to his ego struck home.

"Shippou, why don't you get out here and fight like a man instead of hiding like the damned coward you are! And for your information, she is not going to defeat me. Just because she got lucky once doesn't mean it'll happen again!"

Konaosu raised an eyebrow and held out the blade in her hand. The sword that had lodged itself in the ground some feet in front of Inuyasha burst into flames and returned to the original.

"Let me introduce you to my piece of scrap metal. This is Seishi Hino and I do believe that it is quite a match for your own blade. If you wish to withdraw from the battle I will understand."

Inuyasha glared at the girl, his temper beginning to get the best of him.

(A/N: Noooooo way, not Inuyasha, he'd never lose his temper!)

"I ain't runnin away from some girl with a phantom blade! You may be able to throw out a phantom version of your Seishi whatever but, my blade draws on my own strength, not on fire."

Miroku struggled to his feet, he had a very painful lump on his head, not to mention the mother of all headaches courtesy of a certain hanyou friend of his.

"Inuyasha, if this woman is speaking the truth and is actually wielding Seishi Hino, then I suggest you back away quietly. Seishi Hino is in a way similar to your Tetsusaiga, while your blade is forged from a fang from yourself and draws on your personal strength, Seishi Hino does the same, only on the inner fires from a suzaku's soul."

Inuyasha scowled and glared at Miroku.

"So what's your point bouzu? She's got a fancy blade, so what."

Miroku pressed a hand to his forehead, shaking his head before glaring at his at times incredibly dense friend.

"Inuyasha, only a Suzaku can wield that sword and, if I am not mistaken, there was an armor of the same name to accompany it."

Sango frowned and stepped cautiously away from the monk, going by past incidents, on what may occur if one came too close.

"A Suzaku youkai? There hasn't been one in ages, my grandfather told me that they were all extinct."

Kagome knew a little about what Suzaku were from a few mythology books she had checked out once. They were mythical birds formed by an eternal flame, every thousand years or so they erupted into flames and died, only to emerge from the ashes as a reborn soul.

"Inuyasha, maybe it's not such a good idea to pick a fight with her."

The hanyou boy glared back at Kagome and scowled.

"I didn't start this fight, she did! And why're you takin her side anyways?!"

"I'm not taking sides Inuyasha! I'm just saying that we're fighting a legendary being, that we probably shouldn't fight."

"Keh! I killed Ryukotsusei didn't I? What was he, a worm compared to this girl?"

Kagome restrained the urge to sit him right then and there.

"I didn't say that Ryukotsusei was a worm compared to this girl, I was saying that because of the problems you had when you fought the dragon, and it's probably NOT a good idea for you to fight a phoenix!"

"Butt out Kagome!"

"If that's what YOU want me to do then, FINE! Don't ask me to tend to your wounds when she kicks your ass!" The miko in training yelled and stormed over to the transformed Kirara before sitting down and refusing to look at her friend.

Sango and Miroku shook their heads and sighed, knowing that this would more likely end up in a definite sit or two later on.

Konaosu watched the girl Kagome and felt a sort of kindred spirit with her. Even though she had not been in the service of Sesshoumaru for very long she could see the similarities between Inuyasha and his brother. `I guess this doesn't bode well for me and my future.' Konaosu sighed, turning towards Kagome.

"Try not to be offended he will most likely grow out of it, but again his brother is not much different, so perhaps not."

Konaosu smiled at Kagome the first really pleasant expression on her face.

Inuyasha spat on the ground and growled at the woman, bad enough that Kagome was pissed at him and now he had to deal with a smart mouthed legendary youkai as well. `This is not my fucking day.'

"Hey! Did I give you permission to speak to anyone here, bitch? Your battle is with me, don't bother with anyone else!"

Kagome returned the smile and sighed, shaking her head.

"I've kinda lost hope for him to grow up. Thanks for the support though."

Inuyasha glared at Kagome.

"That means you too! Don't fraternize with the enemy!"

Konaosu's eyes narrowed, irritated.

"You have the worst manners; I bet that monk has more charisma then you."

Konaosu returned her attention back to Kagome.

"If you would like, I could teach him a lesson, it might do you some good."

Miroku beamed at the praise and smiled charmingly at Konaosu.

"Alas, it is sad but true. Now I definitely know this young woman has excellent taste."

Kagome sweat dropped and shook her head.

"We've tried pretty much everything to teach him some manners but, it's been futile."

Miroku nodded his agreement, looking thoughtful.

"Yes, that is also true. It seems no matter how many times he is reprimanded by a youkai, myself, or Kagome-sama; it just doesn't get through that thick skull of his."

Inuyasha's eyebrow twitched as he glared at Miroku and Kagome.

"Some friends YOU are! Why don't you just leave if I'm such a pain?!"

Miroku was quick to come back.

"Because, you wouldn't be able to survive without the two of us to dig you out or, when you need a hole to be thrown into for that matter."

"Shut the hell up Miroku."

"The truth hurts doesn't it Inuyasha?"

"I said shut UP Miroku!"

Kagome ignored the two bickering, or, at least Inuyasha was bickering, Miroku was merely enjoying getting the hanyou worked up. She turned to Konaosu and smiled, shaking her head. Sango had a hand covering her mouth, hiding the smile that she felt growing. Kagome looked over at her.

"Sango-chan, it's not that funny."

The taiji-ya's shoulders shook with laughter, her voice coming out highly amused.

"How is it that one moment he's in combat with a suzaku youkai and the next he's fighting with Miroku?"

Shippou piped up from Kagome's shoulder.

"Because he's Inuyasha. That explains everything."

Kagome shook her head, trying not to smile as the argument between Miroku and Inuyasha escalated. She turned back to Konaosu, hoping that the new arrival was at least a little amused by this odd turn of events.

"Gomen nasai, Inuyasha, well, he's always like this. There's just no changing him. Ano, what's your name?"

Konaosu sheathed the Seishi Hino and smiled allowing the amusement to show in her eyes.

"Do not worry I have quite enjoyed myself." She laughed a little.

"My name is Tamashiino Konaosu." She bowed slightly as she introduced herself.

Kagome nodded and bowed in return, Sango following the action.

"Nice to meet you Konaosu-san. My name is Higurashi Kagome."

"And I am Sango."

"I am very pleased to meet both the both of you." Konaosu felt a little strange as she carried on a conversation with two humans. In the past she had not been received with welcome in the human villages. She found the change comforting in some way. Kagome and Sango both looked briefly back at the two boys before rolling their eyes and walking over to Konaosu. Kirara and Shippou following, Kirara returning to her smaller size. Kagome noticed that Konaosu's ears were identical to the ears of most humanoid youkai.

"Are you a full youkai? Ah! Gomen, that was rude of me!"

Konaosu smiled sadly.

"Do not fret, no I am a hanyou, my mother…was human." `Mama…'

Kagome smiled sympathetically at her new friend.

"That must have been hard growing up. You know, now you and Inuyasha have something in common. His mother was human too. He probably knows what you've been through better than I do. Though I can imagine how hard it was."

"Things are as they are. There is no point on dwelling on the misdeeds of others, but your kindness makes up for some of the lack. I am sure that you have been a great comfort to Inuyasha."

Kagome smiled at Konaosu, it was a smile that held a bit of sorrow within it.

"I don't know, he's gotten in more danger with me than he had before."

Sango looked over sharply at Kagome, her maroon eyes narrowing.

"Kagome-chan, Inuyasha has been guided by you. Not burdened. Stop comparing yourself to Kikyou."

Kagome winced and looked at Sango sheepishly.

"I'm not!"

"Kagome-chan…"

"I'm NOT!"

Konaosu hid a smile behind her hand.

"You seem very adamant about that Kagome-san."

Kagome looked over to Konaosu.

"You're taking Sango's side on this? Traitor"

The last word was said with a smile on her face.

"I am only stating that which I have observed. If that is treachery than I guess your statement is correct."

Kagome sighed and shook her head.

"At least you admit it."

Sango nodded her agreement.

"She is honest… unlike a certain two men I know of."

"I cannot lie."

Kagome and Sango blinked in shock and looked at her. Inuyasha yelled from the quarrel.

"LIAR!!! EVERYONE LIES, YOU AIN'T ANY FUCKING DIFFERENT!!"

Kagome and Sango both covered their eyes.

"Kagome-chan, do you know him?"

"Nope."

"KAGOME YOU LIAR!!!"

"Osuwari."

:THUD!!!!:

"Now see what you've done Inuyasha. You've managed to do the exact opposite of what I told you to do. And besides, Suzaku cannot lie else they lose the purity of their tamashii hino and turn into a Yami Suzaku."

Inuyasha pulled himself out of the ground with a heated glare that was aimed at Kagome before turning to Konaosu.\

"Alright bitch, I'll take care of the bouzu later. It's time to DIE!"

Konaosu looked up into the sky and noticed the position of the sun. She sighed.

"Gomen, but I am afraid that you have run out of time and skill. I must bid you my farewell. Until we meet again Inuyasha. Oh and you should learn how to be a worthy opponent otherwise I fear that our next encounter will be quite short."

Konaosu turned to the rest.

"It has been a pleasure. I am sorry that I must leave you so soon."

Konaosu bent down and picked up a flower that had been trampled in her workout with Inuyasha. It reminded her of her recent loss. She felt the tears well up in her eyes and she allowed a single tear to travel down her cheek, dropping to the flower in her hand. The flower revived and glowed brightly.

"For your kindness…" Konaosu gave the flower to Kagome.

The young woman blushed a little and gently took the flower, entwining it into her silky raven locks before turning back to Konaosu.

"It's not much but, here, take this as well."

Kagome reached into her uniform pocket and held out a delicate gold chain with a small teardrop shaped moonstone as the only charm.

"This isn't much but, when I went shopping one time, this pendant kinda just… asked to be bought. I didn't know who to give it to so, after I met you, it seems only right that you get it. Arigatou Konaosu-san, I hope we see you again."

Inuyasha didn't know whether to be a little creeped out that the girls were giving each other gifts, after all, wasn't that what males did to court their interests? He chose an easier path to walk, the one of anger.

"KAGOME! Don't accept something that's more than likely spelled to kill you! Baka baita!"

"OSUWARI! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT CALLING ME THAT?!"

Sango sighed and waved Konaosu on, informing her that she'd take care of the two arguing and make sure Inuyasha didn't get himself killed by Kagome in the process.

"I am sure that we shall meet again. After all my master is Sesshoumaru."

Konaosu turned and began walking away the way she had come.

Inuyasha's voice followed and echoed following Konaosu for the next 10 or so miles.

"WHAT?!"

Sesshoumaru frowned, he could have sworn that he had heard his half brother's yell, but more than likely it wasn't. He checked the position of the sun and raised an eyebrow, it was nearly sun down at the moment, was the new servant incapable of fulfilling even this menial task? His keen hearing brought him to an area with high bushes. He parted them silently, spotting Konaosu kneeling on the ground, the dirt below her sparkled with her tears. He over heard the words she spoke.

"Mama…. Why did you have to leave me?"