InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha A Feudal Fairytale: Bound By A Promise ❯ Enter Naraku ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: From now on, at the start of each chapter, there will be a mini-episode starring Shihaisha and myself. Enjoy!

Yoake: Helllllooooo people of the fanfiction universe! It's your #1 writer of Inuyasha fanfiction also known as Yoake. What's with the no reviews eh? Jeez, and here Shihaisha has been pluggin away at drawing the art for our story… Such a damned shame… She'd love some reviews on her art work too hint hint!!

*Looks into Shihaisha's bedroom and grins cheesily before tip toeing back to the main room of their dojo.*

Yoake: *grins widely, revealing her cute fangs.* Guess what everyone? It's our lucky day, oh yes it is! Without Shihaisha's knowledge, I have secretly kidnapped Sesshoumaru and Hiei from their home worlds! Do you know how hard it is to keep a secret from Shi-chan?! It's like starving for 4 days and seeing your fave meal in front of you. She's that freakin good! Anyways, now we can go to Hiei and Sesshoumaru.

*Hiei and Sesshoumaru are shown (both shirtless thanks to Yoake *wink*) and gagged while bound to a reinforced titanium alloy wall. Their weapons are safely locked away under Yoake's bed for… later experimentation. *

Yoake: So, how you boy's doin today?

Hiei & Sess: *Glares death at the happy hanyou and growls threateningly.*

Yoake: *looks a bit shocked* that was mean! Jeez, listen, whatever you do, leave… well; leave that baka out of it! *sighs* Come on guys, how's a bout a little smile for all the fangirls out there?

*Yoake stares in wonder as matching pairs of middle fingers are given to her.*

Yoake: Er…. I didn't even know you two knew that bit of sign language. And you know what that means right? *grins to herself.*

*Hiei and Sesshoumaru both look about to be sick before looking beyond Yoake and looking puzzled.*

Yoake: *gets a sudden chill.* Oh shit…. Please tell me that's NOT who I think it is…

*Yoake turns around and pales when she sees Shihaisha, wearing a short black silk dress with fashionable black boots. Her raven tresses pulled up in sticks. Yoake stares in a dead shock.*

Yoake: Shi-chan, eheheheh, nice to see you woke up! Wow, talk about a stunning outfit! All your kick ass matrix clothes in the wash?

*Shihaisha's eyes narrow*

Shihaisha: No….

*Yoake gulps*

Yoake: Eheheh, um… why do you have that sword out Shi-chan? Oh yeah um, guess what? I brought Sesshoumaru and Hiei over for you! Wasn't that nice of me? *has a hopeful look in her eyes.*

*Shihaisha gives her a look that says `I noticed'*

Shihaisha: Yoake…do you have a death wish or something?

*Yoake begins to cower*

Yoake: No…. but I though you'd like it if the two of them didn't have their shirts on!! You know, fan service and stuff like that!

Shihaisha: Right…..Yoake come here.

*Yoake cowers even more*

Yoake: No…!!! I don't wanna get whacked!! That sword hurts!!

*Shihaisha rolls her eyes and then pulls a matrix move, knocking Yoake out in the process.*

Shihaisha: Now that that is taken care of….*looks at the two captives* I think it is time for a bit of revenge. But first we do not own any of the Inuyasha characters or Yu Yu Hakusho. *Looks back at Sess and Hiei* don't worry I will release you in a moment…Now though it is time for the story.

To be continued………

Chapter 4: Enter Naraku

Miroku and Sango looked once to each other and nodded, wordlessly telling the other to grab one of the yelling members of their group. Sango sped a little faster in her haste to get to Kagome first, not that she was worried that the monk would do something, she just figured that since Miroku was a monk with his own powers, he should go restrain their hanyou friend. Miroku looked slightly hurt before shrugging and going for Inuyasha.

`Oh well, I guess Sango-chan is still a little suspicious of me. I can't quite figure out why though. Could she be… jealous that I complemented our new hanyou friend? Miroku, you sly monk you've no end to your charms.'

Sango noticed the grin appear out of nowhere on Miroku's face and narrowed her eyes before grabbing Kagome's shoulders.

"Kagome-chan, come with me for a moment. I need to ask you something."

The afore mentioned girl stopped her tirade long enough to look at Sango.

"OK, I'll be there in a sec."

She turned back to Inuyasha, her blue-grey eyes snapping sparks at the current position of her friend.

"Never call Konaosu-san or me for that matter, a bitch again. Do I make myself clear?"

Inuyasha's ears were folded against his head, attempting to block out the sound of Kagome's temper tantrum. He glared at her and shot back with a comment of his own.

"Keh! I'm a demon; I don't follow orders like some wimpy ass wolf youkai!"

Miroku pressed a hand to his temples and sighed, loudly saying for Kagome and Sango to hear and take cover.

"Speaking of the devil…"

As if on cue, a large whirlwind sped past Inuyasha, scooping up a rather stunned Kagome, who squeaked in protest as the wolf prince held her firmly to his side.

"Well, what a coincidence, I'm here at the same time as my mate."

The expected disclaimer came from Inuyasha.

"She ain't your mate wolf! Take your dirty hands off her!"

The ookami youkai snickered and pretended not to hear Inuyasha.

"So Kagome, still traveling with the inu kuro eh? Y'know, I could get the Shikon no kakera faster than this spoiled whelp here."

Kagome sweat dropped and gently pulled herself from Kouga's embrace.

"Nice to see you as well Kouga-kun. How has your pack been?"

The wolf prince grinned.

"Ah y'know, lazy as a pack of dogs. Heh, no offense."

Inuyasha forced back the urge to beat the wolf's head in and yank out whatever was remaining of his brains, if he still had any that is.

"Lazy you say? Keh, they say a pack ends up just like its leader."

Kouga raised an eyebrow at Inuyasha, his grin spreading.

"That means they'll be pretty damn strong eh inu kuro."

Inuyasha scowled darkly and swung the transformed Tetsusaiga at Kouga.

"No, it means they're gonna end up DEAD!"

Kouga grinned and jumped, taking Kagome into the air with him before setting her down next to Sango and Miroku.

"That was close inu kuro; you nearly got close enough to create a slight breeze."

Kagome could tell this was going to get out of hand and fast. She smiled brightly at Kouga and walked a little closer, setting herself inside the potential war zone.

"Say Kouga-kun, you haven't heard any rumors about Naraku or his whereabouts have you?"

Kouga beamed at her and looked like he was thinking about it.

(A/N: Ooo that must be hard for Kouga! XD)

"Can't say I've heard anything new really. But, don't worry Kagome. I'll destroy Naraku before the insolent puppy learns how to bark like a true youkai."

"COME BACK HERE AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU WIMPY WOLF!!"

Kouga smirked and gave Kagome a quick embrace before speeding off in the direction he had come.

"I'll be seeing you Kagome! And inu kuro, don't you dare touch my woman!"

* * * * * * * *

After that "delightful" encounter with Kouga, the Inuyasha-gumi set off on their way before anymore interruptions came their way. Unknown to the hanyou, kitsune, hineko, houshi, miko in training, and taiji-ya, something watched from the safety of a high tree branch. Deciding to go and report these newest developments to Naraku. The Saimyoushou swarmed back to the hidden Hitomijo castle. The insect landed close to Naraku's ear and began its report. A small smile appeared on his face.

"Interesting…very interesting…"

* * * * * * * *

Sesshoumaru's expression didn't change as he entered the clearing where Konaosu was, his eyes fastened on her hunched over body. The scent of salt was heavy, not that Sesshoumaru hadn't known this already. He had smelled the same scent a few times before, usually when Rin had an occasional nightmare or when she wounded herself.

"I see you have completed your task."

Konaosu looked up, startled. She had lost all sense of herself and had not been aware of the environment around her. Her hair was a mess stuck against her cheeks and her eyes were red and swollen with her anguish. She cast her gaze downward not wanting to reveal anymore of herself then she already had. Her face colored slightly from embarrassment.

"I have…" Her voice was quiet and strained.

Sesshoumaru nodded slightly.

"An annoyingly simple match was it not?"

Konaosu took a deep breath. `I wish he would just let me be…' She nodded.

"I survived the "Kaze no Kizu", if that is what you mean." Her voice held no amusement.

The taiyoukai's eyes changed slightly before returning back to their usual state.

"It was to be expected."

Konaosu barely heard his response. Her hands clenched the material of her hakama in her agony. She had closed her eyes trying to mask the frustration that had arisen from the taiyoukai's intrusion. `Arrogant, black hearted mongrel go away and leave me to my grief!' Konaosu could feel his gaze upon her and she could not understand why he remained. He had found out the outcome of his task what more could he want. `Perhaps he is enjoying seeing me in such a state. It probably builds up his ego to see me in what he perceives my weakness. I should have let him destroy the villages…' Konaosu felt a pang of guilt arise and once again her thoughts dwelt on her mother.

As if Konaosu's luck wasn't bad enough with Sesshoumaru catching her at a weak moment, the rustling in the brush behind Sesshoumaru signaled an impending headache. Jaken tore free of the bushes and gasped for air.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! Why did you leave your humble servant behind?!"

He noticed Konaosu's state and his eyes lit up with glee as he sneered at her.

"Hmph! So you failed to complete your task and are begging Sesshoumaru-sama for your life! Sesshoumaru-sama, slay her and be rid of her filthy presence."

Konaosu glared at the toad, her eyes becoming more dangerous with each word that came forth. In her present state, it was not possible for her to control her anger. She lunged toward Jaken grabbing him by the throat and bringing him to her eye level.

"I do not beg. I leave that for cowards such as you!" She tightened her grip on his throat, enjoying the pallor of his skin. `You are not worth it!' Konaosu cast Jaken into a tree, rendering him unconscious.

Sesshoumaru prided himself on his self-control but this was even beyond what he'd have thought of to punish Jaken. `Perhaps every time Jaken does something to displease me or injures Rin, I shall allow her to…play with him.'

His sense picked up Aun's scent; and he glanced up towards the west. Riding on the back of the dragon like youkai was a young girl about 7 years of age in an orange and white kimono. Her black hair pulled over into a side ponytail on one side with the rest flying free in the breeze. She held Aun's reins in her hands as the dragon beast landed in the clearing. Hopping off the great beast's back, Rin's eyes lit up at the sight of Sesshoumaru standing there.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! Rin called out for you to wait but he didn't seem to hear Rin."

Rin stopped short at the sight of the young woman kneeling on the ground, her eyes widening as she became a little shy. She swallowed hard and timidly walked over to Konaosu, kneeling next to the hanyou woman and looked at her solemnly.

"Can Rin know why the pretty lady cries?"

Konaosu glanced at Sesshoumaru in amazement. `A human child…he has a human child in his care…' Konaosu's eyes softened, she could feel her anger and frustration melt away as she looked into the little girl's eyes.

"I…have lost…someone very dear to me."

Rin's eyes reflected her own childish understanding as she hugged Konaosu. Her voice was very soft as she whispered to her new friend.

"Rin can understand. Rin lost everything too with bandits. Sesshoumaru-sama saved Rin after Rin was killed by wolves. Now they can't bite Rin anymore."

She looked at Konaosu curiously, still hugging the older girl.

"Did Sesshoumaru-sama save you too?"

Konaosu stared in wonder at the little girl named Rin. `Sesshoumaru save me, not likely.' Konaosu felt a smile tug at the corner of her mouth. She had always had a weakness for children and Rin was no exception. `Perhaps I am wrong and this taiyoukai does have something that resembles a heart. Why else would he save a child?'

The little girl's head turned towards Sesshoumaru, her voice changing from a serious tone to one of excitement.

"Is the pretty lady going to be Rin's Okaa-san Sesshoumaru-sama?"

Sesshoumaru restrained the urge to strangle the little girl; he forced himself to remember that Rin was only a small child and that she didn't know any better.

"Konaosu will be traveling with us Rin. Do not pester her with all your questions."

Rin nodded seriously.

"Hai, Sesshoumaru-sama."

Konaosu smiled despite herself. The little girl known as Rin seemed to have that effect. She hugged the little girl.

"Thank you Rin-chan. You need not worry yourself though you have not pestered me. You may ask me anything that you wish as long as your Sesshoumaru-SAMA doesn't object." She smiled brightly at Rin and cupped her chin with her hand.

"I am Konaosu but you may call me Nao-chan if you like."

Sesshoumaru restrained the urge to roll his eyes. `Here I thought Inuyasha and Naraku were experts at mockery, only to find out that this whelp of a woman beats them.'

"As long as Rin is watched over, you may have her do as you wish."

Konaosu looked up at him. `As if I wouldn't…'

"That was never in question."

"I see your annoying attitude has returned."

Konaosu's expression changed her eyes mirroring something dark.

"It is better sometimes to deal with one's anger or annoyance rather than face a person's darker side, which would threaten to overwhelm them."

Sesshoumaru nodded, he knew from his dealings with a transformed Inuyasha what she meant.

"Should that darker side be a threat later on, I expect that you will give me a way to return it to dormancy."

Konaosu nodded even though she was not exactly sure what he was referring to. Never the less she kept her confusion from her face. She was not going to give him the satisfaction of witnessing another "weakness".

Rin released Konaosu to run over and hug Sesshoumaru's leg.

"Rin missed Sesshoumaru-sama very much! Is Sesshoumaru-sama going to leave Rin again?"

The taiyoukai's expression softened only by a slight fraction, Konaosu stared at him. `I guess he is not all that he seems. Maybe I have judged him too harshly.'

"Not right away. First we shall allow Jaken to awaken from his… sudden urge to rest."

Rin nodded happily and returned to Konaosu.

"Can Rin call you Nao-okaa-san?"

Sesshoumaru forced back a smirk as he watched Konaosu and waited for her reaction. `This will be amusing to watch.'

Konaosu blushed ever so slightly, and pulled Rin into her arms whispering slyly into her ear, knowing full well that the taiyoukai could hear every word. For some reason she could not resist the urge to taunt the arrogant lord.

"I do not think that is wholly wise." A smile spread across her lips. "I think perhaps you should call me Nao-chan in the presence of our lord but you may call me that out of his hearing if it so pleases you."

Rin nodded, it was actually like she understood the secrecy… not.

"Ok… Sesshoumaru-sama? Can I call Nao-chan, Nao-okaa-san when you're around and not? Or is that a bad thing to call her?"

Sesshoumaru sent a look to Konaosu that promised later repercussions before responding to Rin.

"Call her what you wish." Under his breath he muttered low enough to make sure only Konaosu heard.

"It doesn't seem to bother her when I call her wench."

Rin cheered happily and threw her arms around Konaosu's neck, her eyes sparkling.

"Yaay! Rin has an Okaa-san!!"

Konaosu smiled at Rin and stood holding out her hand.

"Rin come with me."

Sesshoumaru glanced over at Konaosu.

"Where are you going?"

"We are going to bathe. I reek of inu and that despicable toad and I wish to rid myself of the scent." `Is that disagreeable, milord?' Konaosu had a strong urge to roll her eyes but didn't. Instead she merely raised an eyebrow and awaited his response.

"…. Be on your way then. Watch Rin closely, she tends to get herself into unsafe situations often." There was an unspoken threat inside those words and, also, Konaosu thought she detected an undertone of concern in the taiyoukai's voice.

She glanced at Sesshoumaru and added a side comment for his ears only.

"Oh and yes, I quite enjoy the similarities that you share with your brother. You both are very astute when it comes to addressing a woman." Konaosu smiled inwardly. `Perhaps I should call him a wench.'

Rin had grabbed Konaosu's hand and had started to swing it in excitement.

"Rin will behave; Rin promises Sesshoumaru-sama that Rin will behave herself."

Sesshoumaru allowed a deep growl to escape him, low enough so that only Konaosu could hear it before muttering under his breath.

"One more comment like that and do not expect any mercy from my next task."

Konaosu looked over her shoulder flashing him a brief smile.

"As you wish, milord."

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed as he glanced at her through the corner of his eyes.

"Get out of my sight before I show you a new way of how to inflict pain with only a physical weapon, and it doesn't include claws."

The taiyoukai turned his back to the two women and felt a smirk cross his handsome face.

`That ought to shut her up.'

Konaosu looked down at Rin. Her eyes were lit with mischief as she spoke to Rin. `No I was wrong; the only lack in my judgment is that I did not judge him harsh enough.'

"Rin-chan I do believe that Sesshoumaru-sama likes the fact that you call me Nao-okaa-san." Her voice was soft as they walked away.

The taiyoukai growled to himself before sending back a retort.

"You are beginning to sound like you actually want the task done to you. If so, I shall send Rin away until I am done teaching you who owns who."

Konaosu stopped and looked back at Sesshoumaru her face serious.

"I know my place there is no need for you to remind me. I will leave you as you have asked." She was disgusted. `As if I would ever give you the honor…'

Sesshoumaru allowed her to leave, not realizing she could hear him as he muttered something to himself.

"I am nothing like that idiot hanyou."

Konaosu tried to choke back a laugh and failed. She looked down at Rin and acted as if she had found some great amusement there; which was not unbelievable since the girl had begun to prance around while holding her hand.

Sesshoumaru scowled, he was not stupid, perhaps his half brother could be fooled but he was no idiot.

`Now would perhaps be a good time for an annoying off spring of Naraku's to show up. That would give me an excuse to either kill something or "accidentally" hit that cocky hanyou wench in the head with something.' His eyes fell to a perfectly round stone in front of him. He bent down and scooped it up, looking at first at the retreating form of Konaosu and Rin before scowling and heaving the stone at the same spot where Jaken was lying forgotten. The toad youkai had just woken from the state of unconsciousness that Konaosu had thrown him before something extremely hard hit him in the side of the head and sent him back to his painful slumber.

Sesshoumaru looked at the place where the stone had gone and felt a smirk cross his face.

`Or, hitting an unsuspecting fool is also rewarding.'

* * * * * * * *

Naraku sat in his customary style. A smile that did not reach his eyes had remained on his face since the saimyoushou's report. `So Sesshoumaru you have decided to take a hanyou woman into your service. You intrigue me to no end. I wonder if this was a wise decision on your part or if you have finally revealed to me a weakness that I can exploit. I believe it is the latter.' Naraku glanced to his right.

"Kagura…"

A woman with dark hair and red eyes entered the room at his summoning.

"I wish to know more of Sesshoumaru's servant. Go and test her abilities and return to me when you have completed the task."

Kagura turned away from him leaving a slight breeze in her wake.

Naraku stared after her. `Soon…very soon... you will finally become part of me Sesshoumaru…"