InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Interrupted Again ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Inuyasha Fanfiction on August 27, 2012 for Drabble #41 Uninvited. It won 2nd place.

Title: Interrupted Again
Author: ananova
Word Count: 466
Prompt: Uninvited
Genre: Romance/Friendship
Rating: T
Warnings: Language
Characters: Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippou
Summary: A special moment is interrupted, yet again.

----------------------

“You can't leave!”

“I have to! You can't stop me!”

They were standing before the well again, arguing about Kagome returning home. Again.

“Wanna bet?” Inuyasha growled at her declaration.

Kagome glared at him. “You have to stop this Inuyasha! We go through this every time, and I always win.”

Inuyasha snorted at that but didn't say anything. He knew she was right.

Kagome's glare faded away and she took a step closer to him. “I have to go. You know that. But you know I always come back.”

He closed his eyes for a moment, then reached out to cup her cheek. “I know. I don't like it but I know. I just-” He broke off, unable to admit how much he missed her when she was gone.

Kagome smiled, reaching up and covering his hand on her cheek. “I know, I miss you too. But I have to go. It's important.”

Inuyasha lifted his head to stare directly into her eyes. “You'll hurry back?”

“As soon as I can,” she promised.

They stood there, staring into one anothers eyes, unwilling to break the moment. Slowly, Inuyasha began to move closer, Kagome also leaning forward. But just before their lips could meet-

“Hey I can't see!”

“Shh!”

They broke apart blushing to glare at the rustling bushes on the edge of the clearing. “Damn it!” Inuyasha growled out. “I'm gonna beat the crap outta you!”

Shippou, Miroku and a blushing Sango popped their heads out of the bush briefly. “Sorry to interrupt. We'll be going now,” Miroku said with a little wave before turning and fleeing with the others back toward the village.

Inuyasha glared after them. “Why do they always have to show up uninvited and ruin the moment?” he groused.

Kagome sighed as the blush faded from her cheeks. He was right, every time they seemed to be getting somewhere, someone interrupted. She watched him grumble for a moment before squaring her shoulders, a determined look crossing her face. She walked up to him, nervously adjusting her bag. “I really should be going,” she said.

Inuyasha lifted his head to look at her, his face fading from an angry scowl to a dejected pout as her words sank in.

But as soon as he met her gaze, Kagome took her chance. Quickly reaching up, she grasped his face and placed a quick but gentle kiss to his lips. Her courage failing her, she turned and leaped into the well with one last shout. “I'll be back in a couple of days!”

Inuyasha stared after her for a moment before her actions sank in. “Oi, wait a minute!” He leaped after her. She couldn't do that and then run away!

A moment later the clearing was empty again.