InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ An Epic Mistake ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Inuyasha Fanfiction on September 10, 2012 for Drabble #43 Blast. It won 2nd place.

Title: An Epic Mistake
Author: ananova
Word Count: 500
Prompt: Blast
Genre: Humor
Rating: K+
Warnings: None
Characters: Kagome, Inuyasha, Souta
Summary: Forgetting to tell Inuyasha something results in a disastrous misunderstanding.


A/N: Okay, I know Japan doesn't really celebrate Halloween. This is supposed to be humorous though. If it bothers you, it is never explicitly stated that it is a Halloween party, so you can pretend it's some other type of party that would have fake spiders and webs.

--------------------------------


“Wow!&# 8221; Souta stared in awe. “This is awesome Sis!”

“Thanks Souta. Now how about giving me a hand?” Kagome asked a bit irritably, struggling to hang the fake spiderwebs across the ceiling and doorway.

Souta glanced at his sister, stretching as far as she could to reach the hook. “And how am I supposed to do that? I'm at least a foot shorter than you.”

“Finally!” Kagome exclaimed as she finally managed to attach the web to the hook. “Well, you could at least make yourself useful. Hand me some of those spiders.”

Souta took some of the spiders out of the box. “Whoa! These are awesome!” Instead of ordinary plastic spiders, these were cloth. Red eyes, long fangs and pincers extruding from their mouths, the tips a deep red to imitate blood. “Did you make these?”

“Yeah. Kagome smiled before grimacing. “I had some great inspiration too,” she muttered with a small shudder.

Souta didn't notice as he admired the fake spiders. “This party is going to be a blast!” He handed one to Kagome. “So what does Inu-no-niichan think of the party?” He watched as Kagome froze, hand outstretched to position the spider. He frowned. “You did tell him, didn't you?”

“I completely forgot,” she groaned. “And he'll probably be here any minute! Souta, you have to go stop him! I have to explain before he freaks out.” She looked worriedly around the decorated room, knowing the hanyou wouldn't understand and would react first, most likely violently.

“Sure Sis!” Souta replied, eager to see his hero. He tossed the rest of the spiders at her and hurried out of the room, barely hearing her frustrated shouts.

He made it to the courtyard just in time to see Inuyasha exit the well-house. “Inu-no-niichan! You came!”

“Hey kid,” the hanyou greeted. He looked around. “Where's your sister?”

“Oh, she's just struggling with the demon spiders,” Souta replied distractedly. “You want to come up to my room and play a game?”

But Inuyasha wasn't listening any longer. “What?!” He ran to the house.

Souta's eyes widened as he realized what he had said. “Oops!” He took off after him.

“Kagome!” Inuyasha crashed into the room his eyes widening as he saw Kagome fall off a ladder, covered with demonic looking spiders. He charged in, knocking them away from her and sweeping her behind his back. He drew Tessaiga. “Kaze no Kizu!” He nodded in satisfaction as the spiders were disintegrated, along with a good portion of the wall and doorway. He turned to face Kagome, a proud look on his face that faded when he saw the look of shock on hers.

“Wow.” Souta stared at the destruction. Several others, including three familiar girls followed him into the room. “I was right, it was a blast.”

Realizing that he had seriously messed up and seeing Kagome turning to face him, mouth open, Inuyasha turned and raced for the well. He almost made it.