InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Not So Mismatched After All ( Chapter 62 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on September 11, 2012 for Prompt #298 Mismatched.

Title: Not So Mismatched After All
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Mismatched (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General
Word Count: 211
Summary: Kaede watches Kagome tend to Inuyasha and muses on their relationship.

---------------------


“I'm fine damn it!”

“No you're not! Now stay still and let me bandage you!”

“It's just a scratch!”

“That's not a scratch, that's a gaping wound! Now stay still!”

Kaede smiled faintly as she watched the two argue bicker. They made an odd pair, mismatched at first glance. He was tall while she was at least a foot shorter. His hair silver, nearly white as freshly fallen snow, while hers was black as a starless night. But what would make most observers react was the fact that he was a hanyou, descended from youkai while she was a miko. Their pairing would seem odd for that reason alone.

But if one was to watch the two together, they would know that for all of their differences they belonged together. Yes, they were currently arguing, but their actions told the true story. Inuyasha did not push Kagome away, instead he leaned into her touch as she gently wrapped the bandages around his torso. Their lingering touches, the soft looks on their faces, the way their eyes locked, all of this revealed how they were meant to be.

Kaede smiled again, then turned her back to give the two some semblance of privacy. Yes, not so mismatched after all.