InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha: Our Version ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 2 by Angel15025
 
“You can't do this to me!” Kagome shouted as she was led to the center of the village. “I have rights! I'm a minor! Call my lawyer! Call Green Peace! Call my mommy!” Kagome was thrown down outside of a biggish hut.
“Lady Kaede!” one of the villagers called. “We have a trespasser!”
“A strangely dressed trespasser,” another commented.
“Yeah?” Kagome sneered at him. “Talk to me when you're not wearing something that resembles burlap!”
“That will be enough from ye, young maiden,” an old decrepit looking woman lumbered out of the hut. She was short, just barely reaching Kagome's shoulder (you know, if Kagome had been standing). She was missing an eye and had a black patch where it should have been. The woman reached for Kagome's chin and turned her head in both directions.
“Kikyou?” she gasped, stunned.
“No, dammit!” Kagome yelled. “Who the hell is Kikyou? First that stupid, hot dog boy called me that, and now you! Sheesh, what's with you people?”
“Woof!” Pepé barked suddenly. He struggled against the rope around his neck trying to get to Kagome. All he succeeded in doing is choking himself.
“Let him go!” Kagome shouted at the villager holding the rope. “You're choking Pepé!”
“Pe-pe?” the old woman mused. “What a strange name. Tell me child, who be ye if not my dead sister, Kikyou?”
“Who be I?” Kagome said. “I be whuppin' his narrow behind if he don't let my dog go!”
“What manner of creature is she?” a villager asked.
“Lady Kaede thinks she resembles the lady Kikyou,” said another. “Maybe she's a fox demon.”
“What?” Kagome shouted. “Is everyone here on crack? I want answers! I want these ropes off my wrist! Dammit, I'm getting rope burn!”
“Calm down, child,” the old woman said. “What is your name and why do ye so resemble my dead sister.”
“My name is Kagome and I don't know nothing about your sister.”
“I'm Lady Kaede, priestess of this village. Judging from your strange garments, you are not from around here. From what village do you come from?”
“That's the problem,” Kagome started, trying to free her wrist. “I'm pretty sure that my house should be around the well, but I'm not sure if I'm even in the right dimension.”
“How did you find yourself here?”
“See, what had happened was, my dog went down the well house and my brother, Souta, was too scared to get him. Now I have to look for Pepé `cause he's mostly my dog anyway. So I go down into the well house and I hear a scratching sound somewhere in the room and I think it's Pepé. I went towards the well and the scratching's getting louder, right? So I'm about to open the well to see if Pepé some how got into the well when he barks from behind me. He nearly gave me a heart attack, knowwhumsayin'?”
“No, not really, but do continue. Your story is fascinating.”
“Whatever, anyway I turn around and there's Pepé. So I grab his collar and start to walk to the stairs, when the wood covering the well breaks and there's the biggest effin' bug I've ever seen in my life! She's all like `I know you have it! I can sense it!' Then I'm all like `I ain't got nothin' for you! There's nothing for you here!' But she didn't believe me apparently, `cause the next thing I know, that heifer grabbed my waist and pulled me into the well. Pepé bit her leg at the last minuet and got dragged in, too. So I'm yell at Souta, `Get the `Raid©' the big bottle!' Then everything went black, but that's cause I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was floating in this bluish, black, purply void and the bug lady is still holding me. She's all like, `Give me the jewel!' and I'm all like `I don't have nothin' for you!' and I grab her face and this horrible pink light comes out from my hands and she screamed like `Aiiiiiiieeeeee! Help me! Help me! Oh, what a world!' Then I blacked out for real. I woke up and got out of the well and see trees and stuff and I think, `That's not right,' but I can't dwell on it, cause here comes Pepé who leads me to the tree with yummy dog boy and he wakes up yellin' about this chick Kikyou, who iced him, or tried to. Then these fools showed up and now I'm here.
Kaede woke up with a start (she started to doze when Kagome said she was in the void).
“That's quite a story,” She said (yeah, like she was listening). “Ye must be starving. Come , let me give you something to eat.”
“Why are you speaking like this is a Shakespearean play?”
“What are ye talking about?”
“That! Ye, thou, thee, that crap!”
“Ye think the way I speak is strange?”
“Well, yeah.”
“I think the way ye speak is also strange, so fair enough.” Kaede grabbed Kagome's elbow and helped her to her feet. They walked into the hut and Kaede sat down to fix the food. When she saw Kagome wasn't sitting down she gave her a questioning look.
“Do you think you could untie us?” Kagome asked dryly.
“Oh, yes,” Kaede nodded to the villager who had Pepé. “Untie them.” The villager worked quickly, glaring at Pepé the whole time. Kaede handed Kagome a bowl and placed one down in front of Pepé.
“So, I guess I'm not in Tokyo anymore,” Kagome said, picking at a piece of carrot.
“I've never heard of it,” Kaede said thoughtfully. “Is that the name of your village?”
“I guess. I should probably try to wake myself up from this dream. Souta's probably freaking out by now and tomorrow's my birthday.”
“Wake…” Kaede was cut off by a crash as a bloody horse was thrown through her door.
“What the hell?” Kagome shouted at the gaping hole the horse left. Pepé was barking and growling at someone. It was the Bug Lady!
“That's the freak that got me into this mess!” Kagome shouted accusingly. “Eww, lady, get a shirt!”
“The jewel!” it hissed. “Give me the jewel!”
“You have the jewel?” Kaede gasped.
“I don't have her damn jewel!” That thing is after me, Kagome thought. She's gonna kill everyone unless I leave. Damn.
“Nothing is stopping it!” a villager yelled.
“If we lure it to the old dry well, we might trap it,” Kaede said.
“You mean the one I came out of?” Kagome asked. “How do I get there?”
“Go east through the forest, toward…”
“That light? Gottcha!” Kagome shot off toward the forest, leaving Kaede in a stunned daze.
“That child!” she said. “She saw the evil aura of the forest that NO earthly being can see!” (Call the Mulder and Skully!)
In the forest, yummy dog boy's ears swiveled toward the coming noise.
“She's coming back,” he growled. “The smell of her who killed me is getting closer!”
“Help!” Kagome shouted.
“Give me the Jewel of Four Souls!” Bug lady hissed.
“I don't have it, you cow! Help! He-uff!” Kagome tripped at the foot of yummy dog boy's tree and threw her hands over her head.
“Why toy with second raters like Mistress Centipede, Kikyou?” he asked.
“What? Dude, seriously, who are you?”
“Destroy her with a single blast, Kikyou,” dog boy taunted. “After all, you did it to me.”
“I told you, man, I'm not Kikyou! I'm…
“She's coming!”
“Who, Kikyou?” Mistress Centipede burst through the trees and tried to tackle Kagome, when the villagers speared her.
“Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankhyou!” she said.
“Really, Kikyou, I'm disappointed,” dog boy said.
“I'm not Kikyou, dammit! I don't even know her!”
“Feh! Do you expect me to believe that I wouldn't know the stench of the girl who…Huh?” Dog boy studied Kagome's face. “You're not her!”
“No duh! My name's Kagome. I told you before!”
“I'm a fool. After all, Kikyou looked intelligent, and pretty, plus she didn't dress like a whore.”
“Oh, hell to the no! Listen you, I don't care how cute you are, you talk to me like that again and I'll…gwaaa!”
“Argg!” Mistress Centipede got away from the villagers and grabbed Kagome from behind. Now Kagome didn't want to be eaten, so she grabbed dog boy's hair.
“Let go! Let me go you over grown cockroach!”
You let me go!” dog boy shouted.
“Lady Kaede!” a villager gasped pointing at the tree.
“Inuyasha is awake?” Kaede asked incredulously. “That spell wasn't meant to be broken, but it has. How?” (How do you think? A-dur!)
“This body is so weak,” Mistress Centipede said. “I shall devour you whole…Shikon Jewel and all!”
“Don't eat me! I don't taste as good as I look!”
The Shikon Jewel? Dog boy, now identified as Inuyasha, thought.
“Get away from me, you freak!” Kagome blasted her again, this time the light was blue. Three arms fell off the bug lady.
“Look on `er!” Someone whispered.
“That was kinda cool,” Kagome said. “How did I do that?” Pepé barked from the side of the tree he was cowering in. “Oh Pepé , shut up!”
“Vile thing!” Mistress Centipede rushed up and bit Kagome's side. Blood gushed and a marble fell to the ground.
“The jewel of four souls!” Kaede exclaimed.
“That is one big ass kidney stone,” Kagome said reaching for the jewel. “She bit me! That bitch bit me! And she tore my favorite shirt!”
“That jewel is mine!” Inuyasha shouted.
“What?” Kagome yelled, pushing herself off of her knees.
“Give me the jewel!”
“Not after the way you treated…” Kagome was once again cut off as she was pressed into Inuyasha's chest (lucky!).
“Inuyasha who seeks the Shikon Jewel,” Mistress Centipede hissed. “I've heard of a half-demon by that name. At last we meet.”
“Don't insult me Mistress Centipede,” Inuyasha growled (growling is sexy). “If I'd wanted, our meeting would have been very short.”
“You prepared to back that up or are you just talking smack?” Kagome asked.
“You can't move, can you boy?” Mistress Centipede laughed. “That's quite a spell you're under. All you can do is watch.”
“No!” Inuyasha shouted as Mistress Centipede swallowed the jewel. “That's mine!”
“She's et the magic bead!” a villager gasped. “What ill does this bode, m'lady?” Snap, crakle,pop! Mistress Centipede's arms snapped back into place.
“Eww! Her arms!” Kagome stuck out her tongue and made a gagging noise.
“Such power!” Mistress Centiped gasped. “Such joy!” Her skin ripped apart and revealed and even uglier bug!
“She's happy looking like that?” Kagome asked in unbelief. Suddenly, Mistress Centipedes coils tightened.
“Can't breath!” Kagome gasped. “I'm too young to die! I'm going to be crushed like a bug by a bug! Pepé, tell the family I love them!”
“Hey,” Inuyasha said. “Can you pull this arrow out?”
“Sure, when we die a horrible painful death, you deserve to squirm too.”
“Feh, whatever.Just pull it out!”
“Nay! You must not!” Kaede shouted. “You must not set him free!”
“So you'd rather be desert, hag?” Inu yasha challenged. “Once she's digested the jewel, no one will be able to stop her! Well girl? Do you want to die here with me?”
“Well, you're cute and all but…no!” Kagome grabbed the arrow and it vanished in her hand. The villagers were in awe. Inuyasha laughed and broke Mistress Centipede's coils. Kagome fell to the ground then scrambled over to Pepé and the villagers.
“You chiiilllddd!” Mistress Centipede hissed.
“Old enough for you, hag!” Inuyasha sliced through her with one slash.
“Woah!” Kagome said as an arm landed in front of her. *Twitch* The
limb moved. “No way! It's still moving? That's sick!”
“Can you see the place where the flesh glows?” Kaede asked. “Unless you remove it, she'll pull herself together again .”
“What do you mean unless I pull it out?” Kagome asked. “Why can't
someone else do it? Look, he wants a chance.” Kagome pinched a man who was
standing next to her and made him jump.
“Aaahh!” he yelped.
“It must be you, child,” Kaede said. “You are the only one who can see the
jewel!” Another part of Mistress Centipede's body twitched. “Hurry child!”
“Errg! Stupid humpty dumpty `I gotta have the jewel so I'm gonna ruin your day' selfservin' nasty heifer.” Kagome muttered to her self as she walked over to the part that had the jewel. “Found it.” *Slup!* Kagome pulled the jewel out of the carcass (which promptly disappeared) with a disgusted look. “Can you imagine how many germs must be on this thing? So this Shikon Jewel thingamabob give power to demons? Sorta like a battery, huh.”
“Exactly,” Inuyasha said, flexing his claws. “So there's no point in a mortal like you keeping it. Now be a good little girl and hand it over…Unless you'd rather feel the caress of my claws!”
“Awww! Here it goes!” Kagome whinned. “Come on, man! You're supposed to be the good guy.”
 
 
REVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!< /div>