InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Invisable Wounds ❯ Inuyasha how could you ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Invisible Wounds

Kagome ran into her room and flung herself onto the bed.

"I hate this! I wish I never met him!" She yelled into the pillow.

Luckily everyone in her family was at the spring festival so they wouldn't hear her. She just wasn't in the mood to explain everything to them; it would only bring her more pain.

She couldn't get what happened out of her head. She kept remembering back to the first moment, the moment that started it all.

*Flashback*

Kagome had gone for a walk to see where Inuyasha had run off. But when she got to the clearing her heart cracked.

"Oh, oh god." She whispered.

She saw Inuyasha's back; it looked as though he was kissing Kikyo. She stumbled back and the turn and ran, tears streaming down her face.

"Not again…I can't take this…I just cant." Kagome said as she ran.

She then stumbled on something and fell face first into the dirt. She didn't bother getting up. Her heart had only just healed from Kikyo and Inuyasha's last encounter now it was practically shattered, almost unable to be fixed.

She had just started thinking Inuyasha had thought of her as more of a friend now, but she must have been wrong. She was only Inuyasha's little back up plans if Kikyo was ever to leave. He probably was going to go to hell with her when the jewel was complete and leave Kagome alone forever. The jewel was near completion, and Naraku was already dead. They only needed about 5 more jewel shards and they would be done, and Inuyasha would leave her forever. She heard footsteps coming up behind her.

`Oh please, let it be a Youkai so it can end my misery right here and now.'

She thought as she lay on the ground still crying.

"Hey Kagome I was looking for you what are you doing out, here all alone out…. Here hey are you crying?" Inuyasha asked with a hint of sympathy in his voice.

"No I'm not crying it's just something in my eye." Kagome said trying to sound normal. She sat up on her knees and rubbed her eyes.

"Don't lie to me I can smell the salt water and the sadness on you-?"

"Look I don't want to talk about it!" Kagome snapped at Inuyasha.

Inuyasha was shocked. She had never looked at him or spoken to him like that. Her face looked so depressed, frustrated, and furious all at the same time. Her voice was so cold and sharp when it usually was worm and calm.

"Kagome I was just trying to help-"

"I'm leaving.… I can't take this anymore Inuyasha…. you have Kikyo get her to find the shards of the jewel for you…I'm not needed here…." Kagome said getting up and walking away.

"Kagome wait I-"

"OSUWARI!" Kagome screamed as she broke into a run.

Inuyasha fell face first into the dirt.

*End of Flashback*

Kagome cried harder at the memory. "He just doesn't get it…." She mumbled into her tear-stained pillow.

*With Inuyasha*

Inuyasha sat in the tree wondering what to do. He knew where she had gone but, how could he follow her. He didn't want to be faced with the expression she had given him before again. That terrible expression of hers had hurt him the most. `What did I do to her to deserve that…. She was fine when I left to talk to Kikyo…. wait…. maybe she saw Kikyo and me and suspected something when we hugged…. but how would that effect her…. unless she…. no she couldn't have feelings for me…. I'm a worthless Hanyou…. I have to talk to her…. I must know the real reason she is mad…. I need to fix this weather she hurts me again or not….' Inuyasha thought as he jumped out of the tree and ran towards the well.

*With Kagome*

Thoughts of Inuyasha kissing Kikyo were still fluttering around in her head. She had tired herself out from crying. She felt horrible. She started to eat cookies…she had already gone threw the first row…she was halfway done the second. Eating calmed her down when she was sad, as it did to most girls. She lazily took another cookie out of the pack on her bedside table and chewed it tiredly. She stared at the moonlights reflection on her wall from the open window. She was shocked to see a shadow in it.

"Inuyasha go away I don't want to talk to-"

Kagome didn't finish her sentence as a pair of cold hands covered her mouth and pulled her to her feet.

"We have you now little miko! He he…" Came a rough voice as Kagome felt something poke her neck. She saw no more….