InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Iridescent Horizon ❯ Night-time Blaze ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I really hate writing several disclaimers. So if you want to see a disclaimer Go To The First Chapter!!! If you got a problem with that don't come complaining to me!!! Go bug someone else! Anyway on with the story…

Chapter: 2

Night-time Blaze

Kagome was pulled out of her thoughts when someone called out her. "Kagome? What's troubling you?" asked her best friend Sango with a worried expression on her face.

"Oh, nothing really, just doing some hard thinking." Said Kagome with really no feeling to her voice.

"You sure? Because you look really tired. You should be going to bed soon." Sango commented with a sorrowful look on her face.

"Just thinking about a big math test I have next week that I have to really study for. That's all so don't worry Sango." Kagome tried to sound a little more cheerful, but fail miserably. [That was a big lie. But, I don't think that I could even tell Sango, my best friend of all in this time period, anything about my true feelings for Inuyasha. Oh, what am I gonna do?!]

Kagome let out a heart-full sigh and turn her attention again back into the blazing light of the campfire. Red, orange, and yellow flames caused rays of light to dance across Kagome's angelic features. The glow of the fire calmed her thoughts and took her mind off the heart ache that she must face every day she is in the Feudal Era with Inuyasha.

Every night she sat like this. Night after night no matter how tired she seemed to be she always took the time to just sit in front of a blazing fire and let her thoughts scatter about.

* * *

[It's been two and a half weeks since I've seen a smile on that beautiful face of hers. I wonder what's the matter with her?] Inuyasha spoke these words while watching Kagome from his normal perch in a tree near Kagome's sleeping bag.

He had seen Kikyo a few times in the past, but couldn't bear seeing her without thinking about Kagome. For the 2 years that they have been together he had never seen her act so depressed. [ It's like we are being pulled apart little by little. I don't think I was as close to her as I was in the past. Maybe looking for the shards is making her really tired. I think I should stop by old Kaede's village for a few days. That will give not only Kagome a few days at home, Sango a good nights sleep, and Miroku, well…. Miroku can go flirt with the village girls. Hopefully Sango won't get beat up too bad. [I know something is wrong with Kagome, but why don't I have the guts to go and ask her what's wrong. Well, maybe I'll ask her now.]

* * *

"Hey, Kagome…" Inuyasha called to her while jumping out of his tree without even a sound.

… `no response'

Kagome was snapped out of her thoughts once again but by someone setting their hand on her shoulder. Not to mention a rather large, clawed, hand.

"Huh?.."

"Hey, you cold?" Inuyasha saw her shiver and took the seat next to her. First dropping into a cross-legged position, and then setting down tetsusaiga next to him with a resounding clang of metal hitting ground.

There was a long silence where the two of them sat staring into the fire. Yet every so often Inuyasha would get a glimpse of Kagome out of the corner of his eye. What he didn't notice though was that every time he wasn't looking Kagome stole a glance at him, but only for a second. Then her gaze would snap back to the glow of the fire.

After a while a strong wind blew by making her hair whip around her in a tangle of blue-black tresses. [I wonder why he decided to sit nest to me. And on the ground no less.] She heard him ask something and responded with. "Huh?" turning her head so that she was facing him directly. She saw the most confusing expression on his face that almost looked like concern? [I wonder what he is thinking.] Kagome's heart began to quicken as Inuyasha slowly turned his gaze to meet hers. As he looked into the depths of her hazel-brown eyes he couldn't tear his gaze away from her, no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't do it.

Summoning all his courage he asked, "Kagome what's the matter?" She slowly lowered her eyes to the ground unable to meet his gaze after he let that question flow out of his mouth.

Inuyasha grabbed her chin in between his thumb and fore finger barely putting any pressure at all on her skin. Turning her head back to him he asked her the same question again. "Kagome what's the matter?"

"You….." was her whispered answer. Her words were whispered so quietly Inuyasha barely made out the answer himself.

"What do you mean me?" Inuyasha asked her trying to get her to confess her feelings getting a little aggrivated in the process.

"Never mind" Turning away she slowly rose to her feet and walked over to her sleeping bag and falling fast asleep leaving a very confused hanyou sitting alone in a once occupied spot.

Luckily for Inuyasha no one had witnessed their rather short discussion seeing as both the Hoshi monk was fast asleep again a tree with his staff in hand. While Kirara and companion Sango were sleeping together on the opposite side of the fire far away from Miroku. When Shippo was happily snoring all snuggled up and warm against Kagome. Inuyasha was speechless. Once again he retired to the same spot he was sitting in earlier in the night. [I'll wait till dawn] With that thought Inuyasha fell fast asleep with his ears swiveling in every directing.

~ Hope you liked this chapter. It's a little bit longer than the first chapter. And aren't Inuyasha's ears soooo……… KAWAII!!! -^.^- *tweak *tweak

Please review and have a good night!

~ Gold Dusted Dragon-Snake