InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Iridescent Horizon ❯ Stumbled ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha! That honor goes to Rumiko Takashi! So if you got a problem with that, don't come cryin'to me! Anyway,…. On with the brand new story!!!

Author's Note: My previous fanfic "Shattered Heart" has been discontinued! If you got a problem with that give me an e-mail telling me WHY!!! I should continue writing it! GOT IT!!! So Leave Me Alone!!! *pout *sniffle (suffering from stress)

~ ending authors note

[thoughts]

"dialogue"

(author's words)

* * * : different point of view

Chapter : 1

Stumbled

The setting sun sent thousands of iridescent rays of light in every direct across the color splattered sky. As the sun made it's descent below the horizontal landscape the sky began to lose it's color and the light slowly began to fade into the peaceful darkness of night.

Yet once again the lonesome feeling that arrived every night seeped into the soul of a pure hearted girl. She watched, admired, and loved from afar. But, every time she tried to confess her most deepest and darkest feelings she got a sinking feeling and revealed nothing.

Time and time again she tried so…. hard to get her feelings to surface and pour over, but failed miserably every time. [What's the matter with me? Why can't I stop pretending and just let him know how I feel?] Kagome pondered about these questions every night at sunset. No matter where she was, no-matter what her mood was, or setting she was in. Every night she was bombarded with the same kind of questions over, and over again.

Nights seemed endless and her personality changed. She became depressed and quiet. Although surrounded by the best of friends there was one person she could barely look at anymore without her heart being cracked, broken, and shattered. For some time she often stared at this person, but now, she looks down boring a hole into the ground with a gaze as empty as a body without a soul.

She blamed herself for not being able to show her true feelings but the real reason is denial. Over the past few months there have been numerous encounters where Kagome woke up in the middle of the night drenched in a cold sweat. Wondering the demon infested forest in the middle of the night and coming across the heart crushing scene between Inuyasha and Kikyo.

[I'll never have a chance at his heart. He will never love a weak, ugly, reincarnation of his first love and heart break. Why!? Why!? Why!? What has fate brought on for me? Will I ever be able to tell him how much I love him?] Pondering thoughts brought on pondering questions…. And so on, and so on…..

~ I'm much happier with my new written fanfic, but remember this is only the first chapter. If you like this fanfic please review it out of the kindness of you heart. I would really appreciate your kind words and generosity. Arigatou!

~ Gold Dusted Dragon-Snake ~