InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Iridescent Horizon ❯ Awkening ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I wish, with all my heart, that I owned Sesshomaru, Inuyasha and co. but unfortunately for me, that honor goes to Rumiko Takashi. I really wish I were her!

Author's Note: I want to let all of my readers know that the only reason I am putting this chapter up is because I'm on vacation and have nothing better to do when the weather permits me from venturing outside. So here is the long awaited chapter four….

Chapter 4: Awakening

Kagome awoke to the feel of smooth beige silken sheets beneath her, and the soft texture of cotton from her white sleeping kimono.

Her head was throbbing with a terrible migraine. Her head was pulsing painfully and she lifted her hand to her head to try to smother the intense pain, but was unsuccessful at her helpless attempts.

Bracing her arms on the bed she slowly began to rise only to lie back down when pain behind her temples and forehead exploded into a full-blown blaze. She voiced an incoherent hiss of pain. White dots danced behind her closed eyelids as she steadily lowered herself back down.

Once the pain subsided enough that she could open her eyes she studied the room she currently occupied by simply moving her head from side to side. She dared not lift her head or body in fear of experiencing the same earth shattering pain she encountered earlier.

Taking brief glances around the room she realized it was incredibly large and spacious. The silken sheets were of the same color of the curtains and tablecloth. A gorgeous oriental rug carpeted the cold stone floor. A small chandelier hung from the ceiling and a warm, soothing, glow, emitted from the fireplace across the room.

Feeling the pain subside a little she decided to sit up and hang her feet over the edge of the enormous bed she was sleeping in. When a knock echoed through her room, which drew her attention to the door.

"May I come in my lady….It's Siyuri"? Came a voice from the other side of the door that Kagome did not recognize. The voice was feminine and sounded hesitant to ask permission to enter.

"You may come in…Siyuri" Kagome didn't really recognize her own voice. It was a little scratchy from lack of moisture.

The door opened to reveal a female youkai not more than two or three inches taller than her self. She had dark brown hair, with blond streaks, that reached to about mid back in length and tied back with a piece of cloth. Her eyes were a stunning green and she wore a light orange kimono that had pink lilies embroidered on the hem and collar.

"I would imagine that you would like something to eat, my lady." An almost pained expression crossed Kagome's face when her stomach growled, and gave her away.

"Oh… um… yes thank you. You can put that tray on the table if holding it bothers you." Kagome spoke while noticing that the youkai's hands began to gently shake from the weight of the tray and food.

"Thank you my lady." Spoke Siyuri while gently putting the tray of food next to the table aside the bed.

Slowly, and quiety Kaogme devoured the food with a desire. She didn't know she possessed. Once finished she handed the tray back to Siyuri with a soft thank you in reply.

"Your welcome, do you know where I can find a bath…. or hot spring?" Kagome asked while looking at her crinkled sleeping kimono with a look of disapproval on her face. Geez, I probably smell absolutely vile. My god I can't believe I've been asleep for a week! I want to go home I miss mom, gramps, and even Souta. And what the hell am I doing at Sesshomaru's castle. If he has taken me for the tetsusaiga he got another thing coming. And… what am I to do with Inuyasha…and Ki…k..Kikyo. Oh never mind that jerk broke my heart once and it won't happen again!

"The hot springs are just down the corridor. Would you like me to escort you there when you are finished eating, my lady?" came Sara's voice that snapped Kagome from her thoughts.

"Um..yes please, but could you not use my lady to address me. You can just call me Kagome." Kagome hoped that she wouldn't be offended, but the opposite happened.

"Sure my la….. I mean Kagome… right this way." Sara almost slipped there.

As Sara escorted Kagome down the hallway she thought about the interesting human behind herself. She looks harmless but she acts like no other human I have encountered. She may look innocent but this human has a very powerful aura. I wonder if she has powers of some sort, or maybe even a miko. But, if she were a miko wouldn't she have revealed her powers by now, or perhaps she does not know of her spiritual abilities? She is a very odd female. I wonder why my lord has brought her here.

When the two of them approached a door with a waterfall painted on the front that is when they came to a stop. Sara opened the door and led Kagome inside.

"Gasp..." Kagome lost her breath at the magnificent sight.

Sara turned to look at the flabbergasted human next to her as she gazed at the huge room with numerous springs that connected by several small waterfalls.

"I will return later when you have finished cleaning yourself. If you require assistance just call for me, I should be near by. The towels are on the bench and you may use what is provided." Siyuri said as she turned to leave Kagome to her privacy.

"Thank you so much Siyuri, I don't know what I would do without your help." Came Kagome's voice, which had Sara turning around and giving Kagome a smile.

Kagome returned the smile with one of her own, which had Siyuri stopping in her tracks at the warmth this human's smile brought to others when she revealed her true colors. But, her smile soon faded as her turned and slowly began to undress. Shortly after she heard the door close.

My life is so complicated now. I am stuck in Sesshomaru's castle surrounded by youkai, not to mention the taiyoukai that has tried numerous times to kill me himself in his haste to get the tetsusaiga. But, he never succeeded in his attempts. I wonder if he will kill me. Wait! Why would he want to kill me if HE was the one that took me to his castle injured?! Grrr…. This is sooo confusing!!! I can feel another headache heading my way.

I wonder what Inuyasha is doing right now…I miss Shippo, Sango, Kirara, and even Miroku. I want to go back home and visit my family, not to mention all the homework that will be waiting for me. Sigh………… How on earth did I get myself into these situations and why does my heart ache so…

Small silent tears began to run down Kagome's face creating streaks of dry salty tracks in their wake.

Soon getting herself under control she washed and rinsed her hair. Clambering out of the spring and walking across the floor to the other side of the room leaving wet foot prints behind.

Grabbing a towel to wrap herself with and another to dry her soaking wet hair she quickly dried herself off. Within minutes of finishing Siyuri walked through the door holding a beautiful red kimono with a gold dragon covering it from head to toe, with a silver obi.

"I couldn't wear anything that expensive and I don't even know how to put on one myself." The last part of her sentence came out as a whisper as she hung her head in embarrassment.

"That's alright I'll help you put it on. And afterwards you are to meet Lord Sesshomaru-sama in his library." Spoke Sara in a cheerful voice but did not succeed. For as soon as she mentioned her masters name and that she was to meet with him the thick scent of fear clouded over Kagome's sweet fragrance.

After a few minutes of struggling with the many layers of the kimono she finally was dry and clothed.

Soon she found herself walking down the hall way again except in the opposite direction she came. After walking down at least a few dozen corridors and passages they finally stopped at another gigantic door. Only this time it was beautifully crafted and carved in red wood that glimmered when the sun flashed off it's polished surface with paintings of books and scrolls on the front. Sara knocked twice and called out, "My Lord, I have brought the Lady Kagome as you have asked."

A deep voice ,with no emotion laced within the words spoken, resounded through the door. ""Enter"

Kagome's stomach was doing flips. She was so nervous and frightened that she began to lightly shake from fear.

Slowly and hesitantly she set her hand on the doorknob and rotated it clock wise until it could turn no more and the door began to slowly creak open.

~Don't you think I am so… evil!!! Hahahahaha! Anyway it's 2 am, I'm tired and I can barely see the letters I am typing. If my readers truly like my writing you will continue to read my story and review it giving me either flames [which don't effect me at all] or opinions about what I can do to improve my story or make it worthwhile. Im sorry for the long awaited update but you have to hang in with me. Writing must come last in my busy life between school, work, and family.

~Miyumi {Gold Dusted Dragon-Snake}