InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, and you can try and sue my but I'm 16, and I don't have a job so you won't get much if anything :D The only thing mine in this story is the plot.

A/N: Well, I already put a chapter in today, but now that I found my story again I just can't wait to write more! I have been developing the plot, and I just have to get it out on paper! And I'm sure no one will mind if I done a ton of updates seeing as I haven't written this story for over a year. So sorry for that, now on with the show! :D oh and one last thing, this chapter is in Kagomes point of view just so no one gets confused.



Chapter 12

I sighed heavily as I stood by my car waiting for them to show up. We had decided to meet at the park that was a couple of blocks away from the school. Everyone needed to pack and get there things together, and since now one but me knew where we were going, they were going to have to follow me there. To Sangos dismay, her car was in the shop and she was going to have to get a ride from Miroku. I had offered to pick her up, but Miroku wouldn't have it any other way. I tried not to laugh too hard at this and of course showed outward sympathy for my unfortunate friend.

I still couldn't believe that after all my hard efforts, I was still stuck working with Inuyasha for this week. Although I couldn't stand him at all, I had previously decided to at least be civil to him so we wouldn't kill each other. So far so good. At lunch today I was actually able to talk to him without it ending up in a fight of some kind. Admittedly, we had only been talking about the project in very formal terms, but still it was progress. I figured I wouldn't let him get to me anymore if I could help it.

As I was waiting their pondering to myself, Inuyasha drove up in one of the many nice cars his family owned. This time it was a red Mitsubishi Eclipse with very shinny silver rims. I acknowledged him with a node and tried to continue what I had been thinking about. He clearly didn't want to just stand there in the silence which he made clear when he casually addressed me.

"So... what happened to the Jaguar?" he asked looking at the Honda Accord I was currently leaning against.

It took me a second to register what he was talking about, and when it finally hit me, I didn't really know what to say. I clearly couldn't tell him the truth, so I choose to lie of course.

"I didn't feel like driving it today," I replied equally as casual.

He raised an eyebrow at me in disbelief and said, "Why?....."

"I don't know....I guess I'm not the kind of girl that goes for the flashy cars."

Ok so that was clearly a very bad lie, and I didn't think he bought it for a minute, but I was happy that he just dropped it. That is, I was happy until the silence thickened to the point where you could have cut a slice out of it. Not being able to stand it for a moment longer, I decided talking to him had to be less awkward then this.

"So what exactly is it that your dad does?" I asked trying to act genuinely interested.

"He's involved with the government," He said back simply.

I couldn't just let him leave it at that. "Oh......so what does he do exactly?"

"He does a lot of important things and little detail about them is disclosed."

More awkward silence.

"So I take it that whatever that is it pays well?" I said determined not to let this conversation die.

"Clearly," he responded with little to no emotion.

".....Does he like it?"

"It seems that you either can't shut your mouth, or you are just bored to the point that interrogating me becomes fun!" he said finally showing some emotion.

"Well sorry! I just thought since we have nothing else to do while we wait for Miroku and Sango that we might as well talk! It seems that you enjoy the silence though!"

He rolled his eyes and settled in saying a mere "Feh"

The silence increased yet again, and I don't know how he could just calmly sit there and not say anything at all. Normally I wouldn't stress about this but come on, this was Inuyasha for heavens sake! He wasn't exactly the quite type and his complete silence was just plain weird.

"So does your mom do anything?"

"Good lord! You just can't shut your mouth can you?!"

"Well why does waiting have to be so boring?! Talking could make it more fun." I said in a singsong voice trying to win him over.

"It seems that every time we talk, we end up fighting so why bother? We would both probably be better off just not talking to each other unless we absolutely have to."

"Someone woke up nasty today, shees! I'm just trying to be friendly."

"Well, stop trying. You're giving me a headache."

"Why is it that every time we talk we end up fighting do you think? Could it be your charming personality and great way with words?" I spat sarcastically. "I have been trying to be nice to you but you just live to make it difficult don't you?!"

"Kagome, if I cared that much, I would be wondering what is wrong with me."

"See there you go again! Why can't you at least try to be civil?!"

"Oh I'm sorry!" he yelled just as sarcastic as I had been before. "I guess us half-breeds just don't have any manners!"

A big pang of quilt hit me and I hung my head. I had completely forgotten how I had called him that the other day....God he must hate me right now. Here I was trying to be civil, and he hates my guts. I can't really blame him though, I should never have said that to him.

"Inuyasha....I'm...I'm really sorry....I should've never.....I should have said that ok?" I said looking up at him, but he was pointedly not looking at me. "It wasn't at all true and I was a real jerk for saying something like that....I'm sorry......"

Quiet ensued and I felt horrible. It seemed that he wasn't going to forgive me and now I didn't know what to do.

"She's a fashion designer," Inuyasha said quietly.

What he was saying hit me, and I looked up at him again, this time with a smile on my face. He gave me a small smile back, and then I knew that this project might be survivable after all.

~~~~~~~***********~~~~~~~~~(A/N: It's now switching to Inuyashas point of view.)

When Miroku and Sango finally showed up I felt very relieved. The little "break through" Kagome and I had was encouraging, but that didn't make her and I being alone together any less awkward. I was content now that she had finally said sorry, but I wasn't about to become all buddy buddy with her. Sango and Miroku had come in that same car, and it showed that she clearly wanted to get away from him ASAP. I couldn't help but grin as she jumped out of the car, quickly grabbed her two bags out of the trunk, threw them in Kagomes car, jumped in and locked the door behind her. Miroku stuck his head out the window and shrugged, which caused me to laugh and role my eyes. He would never learn....

We all got into our cars and headed for Kagomes house, but it was talking a damned long time to get there. We had to turn around or changed directions over 10 times and I had just about had it. In frustration I pulled my cell out of my pocket and dialed her number which I had gotten from Sango.

"Hello?" she answered politely

"Oi! Wench, where the hell are we going?!"

Her voice quickly changed from polite to annoyed. "Inuyasha how did you get this number?!" she demanded.

"I have my ways, now answer the question."

"That's kind of a dumb question don't you think so Inuyasha? We going to my house in case you forgot."

"Then how come you keep getting lost?"

"I just moved here remember! Give me a break I'm not used to this yet!" she yelled before hanging up on me.

In truth she had just moved back, but come on! She had been living here for about 3 weeks now! How long does it take to learn where you live?!

About 10 minutes later, we arrived at a big stone wall that must have been at least 15 feet tall. We came to big gates that did not look all that friendly. I watched as Kagome rolled down her window and punched in a number on a little key pad that was by the gate. The weird thing though, was that she read to number from a little piece of paper she had in her hand. Ok this was just weird.....First the girl doesn't know where she lives, and now she can't remember the code to get into her own home? Either Kagome was the stupidest girl I have ever met, or something else was going on here. I gulped as we passed the gates that had armed guards one both sides.

My thoughts were seriously interrupted as we drove past the gate and I got a proper view of what had been behind those big walls. The biggest manor and estate I had ever seen was stretching out before my eyes. This place was way bigger then mine, and that wasn't easy to do! We were currently driving down a long driveway that had what must have been acres of grass on both sides. Lining what I now knew was the stone wall, was hundreds, if not thousands of trees. There were all different kinds of trees, and they were all different colors and some had flowers on them. I didn't know how big this estate was, but I was beginning to get an idea. The drive way turned into a sort of round-about that went around a very large water fountain. The fountain it's self was 5 golden angles all with the backs facing each other that stood on a golden platform. They were all in semi-different poses, but they all had water coming from their hands, which was the same on every angle, together in a sort of praying pose. Water also came up from the middle of them, and then showered down on them giving them a sort of heavenly glow as water reflected in the sun.

We parked our cars in front of the manor, and a butler came rushing out. He first went to Kagomes car and got out her bags. He was followed by three others who did they same with mine, Sangos, and Mirokus bags. One of them then came and stopped in front of me and did a low bow.

"May I have your keys sir?" he asked me in what was clearly a well practiced British accent. I honestly did not want to give them up, but I looked at the others and they were all giving them up so I figures what the hell. Just as long as they didn't hurt the car. I mean after all it was my parents car, but still it was nice.

We all walked up a big flight of stairs that lead to a very big door that made me feel 2 ft tall. The remaining butler opened the door, and bowed as we walked past. I felt my jaw drop and we walked over the threshold. The floor was white marble, and I knew that if I said anything it would surly echo through the spacious room. It opened up into what looked liked a sort of ballroom. There was a humongous chandelier above us hanging from a very tall ceiling. There was a winding stair case on both sides of the room that both ended facing the door and the front of the room. To the center right of the room the was a white grand piano with gold trim sitting next to a very large harp. The winding stair cases connected with a rather large balcony up above, and that many doors, and a hall way on both the left and right side leading off into the house. I could tell that I was only seeing the very beginning of this enormous manor. Who cared if Kagomes mom was here of not? Even if she was, there was no way she would be able to keep track of us in a house this big.

The weird thing though, was that as I watched Kagome, not that I was watching really, was that she looked almost as awestruck as Miroku, Sango and I did. Sure this was a new house for her, but wouldn't the shock have worn off by now? I shock it off, deciding it was nothing and continued to look around the room. I may have been confused about Kagome but one things was for sure. I now knew who had replaced my family as the richest in Tokyo.

A/N: Wow...that was by far my longest chapter yet. Hoped everyone liked it! R&R!