InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ Partner Problems ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saturday came and went without much of anything happening. Inuyasha wasn't talking to Kagome now, and she didn't know what to say to him after the little out break. She knew that she had been way harsh, but he could be such a jerk. He had more mood swings the a girl PMSing and she never knew what to think around him. One second he'd be yelling at her and the next her would be acting all nice.....It just didn't make any sense. Kagome couldn't take much more of this, so for those reasons and a few others she decided to talk to her history teacher first things on Monday and try to get a project change.

"So as you can see Inuyasha and I just can't work together and it's effecting both of our abilities to do this project effectively. I think for the good of all we shouldn't be partners anymore." Kagome said, reciting out her well practiced speech.

"Mrs. Higurashi, I understand you're having some problems, but lots of the groups are. Why, Mrs. Hetosi (Sango) was just in here on Friday asking me if she would lose points for killing her partner. I do hope she wasn't serious, but I told her she would just have to work things out. If I make an exception for you everyone will come to me wanting a change."

"But you don't understand he..."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Higurashi, but that is my final word."

Kagome left his classroom feeling more discouraged, wondering what she could possibly do to keep Inuyasha from staying at her house this next week. They were supposed to be moving into her house that afternoon and she had to find some way to stop it.....

Inuyasha left his history teachers room highly annoyed. That teacher was so darn stubborn and wouldn't change his mind for anything. He had told him that Kagome had just been in there trying to get a new partner too though. ^ That just figures that she would try to get him to make the change. She clearly can't stand me either, and I am going to shoot myself if I have to spend a week at her house. At least when we were at my house I had the advantage of home territory. I'm just going to go and talk to her mom, get the stupid paper done, and then spend the least amount of time possible around her.^

"Inuyasha! Inuyasha wait up I need to talk to you!"

School had just got out, and Kagome was chasing after Inuyasha, while he tried his best to ignore her hoping she would just leave. No such luck though.

"Gosh thanks for waiting," she said sarcastically after catching up to him. "Listen Inuyasha my mom isn't going to be home this week because she's going out of town on business. So it looks like we won't be able to stay at my house after all."

" Then how are we going to do the project?"

" We had to go talk to our history teacher and find that out. That's why I needed to catch you so we can talk to him before he goes home."

" Fine, lets just get this over with."

As they headed for the classroom, they passed Miroku and Sango who were once again, to the surprise of no one, fighting. They were too far away to hear what was being said, but it was clearly a heated argument.

"You two again! Look I don't know how I can make this more clear, but I cannot give you new partners! You have to just figure out a way to work together."

"Yeah we know, but that's not the problem any more," said Kagome. "My mom is going out of town for the week. She just called and told me and the two of us can't be in my house alone for a week."

"What about your father? Surely he can watch over the two of you."

"Actually my father passed away just about 3 years ago but thank you so much for bringing that up"

^ 3 years ago? Oh my god how could I be such an idiot? No wonder why Kagome and her family moved...It wasn't because of her mom, it was because her father died...^

" Well, we will just have to figure something out...."

At that moment Miroku and Sango came storming into the room. Well, Sango was storming at least.

" OK I know you said we can't get new partners, but I just talked to my dad and he knows Miroku all so well. He says he refuses to have a lecher like him in out home for a week so it looks like we can't be partners anyway," Sango said in a rush.

The four of them watched their teacher, waiting for an answer to their problem, but none of them liked the look he was getting on his face.

" I have the perfect solution to your problem! Inuyasha and Kagome, you can't be alone in your house for a week, and Miroku and Sango need somewhere to stay to finish their project. Miroku and Sango, you will stay with Inuyasha and Kagome, and the problem is solved." He said all too happy with himself. "Thank you, problem solved, have a nice day."

And with that he showed them out and shut the door, glad that he was done with that, and wondering why he had chosen to be a teacher.

"This is all your fault you know!" Sango yelled at Kagome.

"My fault? How the hell did you get that?!" Kagome yelled back.

"If your mom wasn't leaving I would have gotten out of having to work with this creep!"

"Oh and it my fault my mom has a business trip?! That doesn't even make sense!"

"Do you think we should try to break them up?" Miroku asked Inuyasha quietly.

"Na, lets just be glad there not yelling at us for once and let them work it out."

" Ok well regardless of who's fault this is, I can't stand this anymore!"

"Join the club Sango, I'm about to either kill myself or Inuyasha!"

"Well at least your partner isn't a perverted lecher!"

" Oh yeah cause being a complete ass hole is sooooo much better!"

" This sucks!" Kagome and Sango yelled at the same time. With that, they both turned and left, leaving Inuyasha and Miroku who were for once at a lose for words.

"So," said Miroku happily, "aren't we all so excited for this week?"

A/N: Wow it has been quite a while hasn't it? I almost forgot about this whole story, and I lost the chapters I had written, but that's ok! I remember most of where I was going with this, and I changed some stuff to make it even better. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

P.S. yea i know that I do not own Inuyasha or any of these characters!