InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ Why can't we be friends?..........................'Cause I Hate You!!!!! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well I just got back from Hawaii and it was so cool! Except for the fact that I got stung by a jellyfish...just so you all know, that hurts like crap. Well, here’s chapter 10! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, just the plot.

@Hojos thoughts@

Chapter 10: Why can’t we be friends?....................... ‘Cause I Hate You!!!!!

 

Kagome decided to get to work on the family history paper so she could get it over with. She left her room in hopes of finding Inuyasha’s mom. She figured his mom would know their family history better anyways. Besides, if she got the work done now, she wouldn’t have to worry about it until Inuyasha was asking her about it next week.

The paper took much longer then Kagome had estimated. She spent 5 hours with Inuyashas mom taking notes about important facts and looking things up. When they were just about done, Inuyasha came into his mothers office where they were currently working. He had been hoping to find Kagome and now he had...not like it’d do him any good.

“Kagome?” He said looking at her with pleading eyes. That also did no good though because she wouldn’t look at him. She stood up as if she hadn’t heard him and turned to his mom.

“Thanks Mrs. Shikon. Now all I have to do is type the paper and I’ll be done with the report. It was very kind of you to take time to help me,” Kagome said smiling.

“Oh it was no problem. Glad to help.”

“Well, I’ll see you at dinner then.” Kagome then left the room and didn’t look back.

“Why does something tell me she’s mad at you?” Inuyashas mom asked once Kagome had left.

Inuyasha sighed, “Because she is.”

“Well you might want to fix that....This will be a very boring 2 weeks for you if she doesn’t ever talk to you.”

Inuyasha nodded and left the room. He headed for his room and ended up on the balcony watching the sun set. He started talking to himself completely unaware that Kagomes balcony door was open, she was laying on her bed, and could hear every word he was saying.

“God I am suck an idiot.....What was I think? Now she won’t even talk to me. I’m going to have to think of something to fix this or it’s going to be a very boring week. But how can I fix this when she acts as if I don’t exist? Wow boy did I fuck things up.”

*****

Day four of Kagomes living nightmare began a lot like the rest of the days had....except for one thing...She got up at 5:30 so she could walk to school. She didn’t even want to talk to that stupid dick head, so there was now way she wanted to be anywhere near him. She left at 6:30 before he was even up.

Inuyasha got up at 7 and got ready for school. At 7:45 he was ready to go, so he went to Kagomes room to get her. Of course she wasn’t there. Since he wasn’t in the mood for any crap at the moment, he just left for school anyway. It was about a 15 minute drive, so it was almost a 2 hour walk. He saw her walking and decided he should at least try to give her a ride.

“Need a ride?” he asked pulling up next to her. He was surprised when she actually said something back.

“I don’t want one from you if that’s what you mean.”

“You’re going to be late.”

“And you honestly think I care?”

“Well, probably not but your teacher might.”

“Inuyasha there is nothing to see here. I don’t want a ride, and I don’t give a damn if I’m late. Drive on.”

“Whatever.”

Inuyasha got to school with 5 minutes to spare and made it to class on time. Kagome arrived 15 minutes after class had started.

“Miss Hagurashi, mind telling me why you’re late?”

“I’m really sorry Mrs. Jones. I would have been on time, but Inuyasha left this morning without me! I had to get a ride from his mom.”

“Well Inuyasha, what do you have to say for yourself? If what Kagome says is true, which I’m sure it is because she is a trustworthy student, you will be taking her place in the detention she was just about to get.”

“It’s not true Mrs. Jones! She left early this morning and tried to walk. I even offered her a ride when I saw her on the road!”

“Mr. Shikon as believable as your story is......I’m sorry but I’ll be seeing you today after school in detention.”

Kagome smirked evilly and sat down next to Inuyasha.

“What the hell are you talking about? You know that shits not true!”

“Inuyasha I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Like hell you don’t! You damn well know what I’m talking about!”

“Mr. Shikon!” Mrs. Jones yelled getting both of there attentions. “Not only are you swearing in my class, but you have already proved to irresponsible and rude. You now have detention for the whole week after school. Disturb this class again, and I’ll make it a month. Miss Hagurashi, you too have detention after school today. I am sorry that Inuyasha has no sense of manners, but I cannot have you disturbing my class like this.”

Kagome shrugged, not really caring too much. Inuyasha looked shocked and discussed. He shoot her an evil glare and she smirked happily. She didn’t really care that she had detention for one afternoon. Inuyasha had it for a week and she was succeeding in making his life suck.

After 4th period Kagome and Inuyasha went to detention. Once again she wasn’t talking to him because she considered it to be a waste of her time. As always, the teacher that was doing detention said something about having to take care of “important business”, they would leave, and they wouldn’t usually come back.

“So are you going to ignore me the whole time like you did yesterday?” Inuyasha asked after the teacher left.

“Why would I talk to you?”

“Because we have nothing better to do. Yesterday was so boring!”

“It wasn’t that bad.”

“Yeah it was! Why weren’t you talking to me anyway?”
“I don’t enjoy speaking to lower life forms.”

“Oh my god! Why do you have to be such a bitch?!”

“Why do you have to be such a bastard?”

“Because you have been being a bitch to me from day one. You don’t even try to get along with me, you just act like this!”

“Like what? This is how I always act, and it’s not like you’ve tried to be nice to me! You really have been a bastard from day one and I mean that literally.”

“Why can’t you just put all that shit behind us? You have now just gotten me in detention for a week, so I think we’re even now.”

“Inuyasha even if I had gotten you in detention for the rest of your life, I wouldn’t consider us even.”

“Ok this is what I mean! You’re so stubborn and you try to make my life suck!”

“Well, what did you expect? That we’d be the best of friends? You know that’s the last thing that could ever happen. We aren’t made to be friends. Lets just get through this damn project in one piece and then we can go back to hating each other like we always should.”

“Speaking of our project, why did you do our project with my mom?!”

“Because I wanted to get it done yesterday, and yesterday I wasn’t talking to you. Not to mention the fact that I can actually talk to your mom without us fighting every five seconds.”

Inuyasha was about to reply, when the door opened and someone else walked in. Inuyasha turned to face the door assuming that it would be the teacher. But instead of the teacher it was the last person on earth he would want to see right now.

“Hey Koga!” Kagome said jumping up and running over to give him a hug. Inuyasha looked about ready to explode. “What brings you here?”

“You know how the teachers are here. You sick one freaking class and they give you detention for it.”

Kagome laughed and led Koga to the other side of the room from Inuyasha. He was now watching them with a whole lot of annoyance. Koga had put his arm around Kagomes waist and they were talking quietly. He would whisper something in her ear and she would laugh. Inuyasha felt about ready to puke. Koga looked over at him and smirked and Inuyasha sent a cold glare in return. He was more happy then he could express when detention was finally over. He watched Koga give Kagome a kiss on the check and then leave. Kagome came over to him in a much better mood then she had been in earlier.

“So are you ready to go home?” She asked.

“Sure you wouldn’t rather walk?” Inuyasha asked coldly.

“Actually I’d rather ride thanks.” Kagome replied, pretending she didn’t notice what he had meant by that.

“What the hell was all that in there?”

“What the hell was what?”

“Don’t play stupid you know what I’m talking about! You and Koga.”

“Why do you even care? It’s not you business what I do and don’t do.”

“Look I honestly don’t give a damn what you do, but next time just don’t do it in front of me. I was about too puke in there.”

“What did you look in a mirror or something?”

“NO! God damn it I am sick of you!”

“Inuyasha I have been sick of you from the day this thing started. And for another thing, I don’t care what you want to see. I’ll do what I want to do. You shouldn’t care if Koga and I do because it’s none of your business and never will be. Not like it’s any of your business, but Koga and I aren’t going out anyway. I don’t like him like that. Even if we were though, it’s nothing to do with you.”

“Whatever. Now if you don’t mind I’m going home. If you hurry and get your ass in the car I won’t leave you here.”

“You know what? Not talking to you was so much better. It didn’t give me this damn headache I get every time I talk to you.” Kagome turned and walked away heading for the car.

Inuyasha sighed and followed. He wasn’t done talking though. “What is you’re problem with me?”

Not looking at him he responded, “Inuyasha you haven’t changed one bit. You are the same jerk I knew all those years ago, and I’m pretty sure you always will be.”

“Well you sure have changed.” Inuyasha said back. Kagome stopped and looked at him in surprise and then he continued. “Instead of being a freak you are now a snobby, stuck-up, short tempered, pain in the ass bitch.”

“Great way to prove my point Inuyasha.” Kagome said walking off again.

^What a day this had been.....^ (A/N: Who’s thinking? lol :D If you really can’t remember which one this is, check chapter 6)

*****

The next day was pretty much un-eventful. Unless you count Kagome and Inuyasha arguing 24/7. The fought at breakfast that morning, on the way to school, in every class they had together, and would have fought at lunch if Kagome had actually sat near him. Inuyasha was just glad that it was Tuesday. On Friday his half of the project would end, and Kagome got to be the one putting up with her mom saying, “Try to get along” every time she passed. Inuyasha couldn’t be happier about that fact.

In his heart though, Inuyasha knew the truth. He was starting like Kagome and there was nothing he could do about it. Just one problem....She said herself she could never even like him as a friend. If he was even going to be friends with her, things had to change. Maybe he could just let her win on some of the fights...but would she think he was weak if he did that? But did that even really matter? If they didn’t stop fighting every 10 seconds, they could never get anywhere. He was going to have to be nice, and he was going to have to do it ASAP. Easier said then done.

Inuyasha was getting very mad and very jealous because Kagome was flirting with what’s his face....Hobo or something like that. They had spent all of lunch talking and flirting, and he had spent all of lunch glaring at the back of Hobos head hoping he would suddenly drop dead. Inuyasha knew that if Kagome ever found out she’d have a cow, but since he was half demon he couldn’t resist using his good hearing to hear what they were saying. So far they had just been talking about stupid stuff like school, the project, and just life in general. Inuyasha was tempted to just give up listening when things became worth listening to.

“So Kagome are you doing anything this Saturday?” Hojo asked with a smile that was beginning to thoroughly bug Inuyasha.

“I’m not sure...”Kagome said smiling and using a extremely fake voice that annoyed Inuyasha as well. “Why do you ask?”

“Well I was wondering if you wanted to go out. You know I though we could go to the movies and dinner or something like that. What do you say?”

What she said, was a shock to Inuyasha and Hojo. “Oh that’s really sweet of you to ask, but I have to work on my project with Inuyasha. You know how it is...This thing takes up so much time.” ^What the heck is she talking about? She already finished her paper...^

“Oh yeah I understand.”

“OK good. Maybe some other time then.” Kagome got up and left the cafeteria, leaving Hojo and Inuyasha to their thoughts.

@ I really don’t like that her and Inuyasha are together are on this project. Her and I should have been together for it. We’re going to end up together anyway@

^Why did she turn him down? She had nothing to do this weekend really, and it’s not like she wants to be around me if she could possibly get away. She said that maybe they could go out some other time....that’s not good, and if Hobo doesn’t keep his distance he’s going to wish he had...^

Inuyasha wanted to talk to Kagome right after school, but couldn’t due to his detention. As soon as he got home he started trying to find her. It didn’t take very long considering she was in her room which was the first place he looked.

He opened the door and just started talking. “So I heard you talking to Hobo earlier today.”

Kagome looked up from the book she had been reading, and she already looked pissed off. “1st of all, his name is Hojo, and 2ndly, you were listening!?”

“Uh.......not exactly......I....well......well yeah.......I guess I kinda was.....”

*stay calm, stay calm, don’t yell.....Remember you want to be civil at least. It will save you from a lot of headaches*

“If you don’t mind me asking, why did you turn him down when he asked you out?”

“He’s not the kind of guy I’m into. I’m looking for something different.”

“ok....like what?”

“I don’t know...”

“So what are you really doing on Saturday? We both know you’re done with that paper.”

“Uhhhh.... I had an idea but I don’t know if it was such a good idea now.”

“Well, lets hear it.”

Kagome hesitated looking for a way out of it. Finding none, she gave in.

“I thought that maybe you and I could do something....Maybe if we tried to do something like friends would, we’d get along better. I personally am way sick of all this fighting.”

Inuyashas mind was screaming yes, but for some reason he couldn’t say it. He wanted to spend time with Kagome, especially if they weren’t fighting at the time. To bad Inuyashas pride talked before his brain had worked out what to say.

“You said you didn’t want to be friends, and I was just fine with that.”

Kagome almost looked sad for a minute. Almost. Any trace of sadness went away very quickly. She jumped up so she could feel a little taller, but it didn’t do much good. After all he was almost a foot taller then her. She started yelling anyway.

“I don’t know why I even bother! You are the worlds biggest ass, not to mention biggest jerk! I swear to God that I don’t know what got into me!”

“Yeah you got that right. Why would I want to be friends with a bitch like you?” ^What the hell is wrong with me?! YES I DO DAMN IT!!!!!^

“Oh well trust me it’ll never happen again. Just go shove your head up your ass you bastard. Just when I think we could actually be friends with you, you screw that over too. I don’t think I could ever in a million years feel anything but hate for you.”

Inuyasha had finally come to his senses and was trying to fix this mess, that was way too far gone. “Kagome I’m sorry! Would you please listen to me? I didn’t mean for things to go like this...I want to be friends with you too. That came out all wrong.”

No Inuyasha, you listen. I think that came out just right. You say you don’t want to be friends with me? Well guess what? I don’t want to be friends with a stupid, unfeeling, half-breed.”

Kagome left the room in a hurry, leaving Inuyasha standing there. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard......She too wanted nothing to do with him because of what he was.

 

A/N: Well, I made that one extra long to make up for the last one. Don’t forget to review!