InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ New House ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is not mine, and neither is any other Inuyasha character, etc, etc, etc.



Chapter 15

The house was quite as Inuyasha unpacked his clothes in a small room, into a very small dresser. It felt even smaller then it really was because he had to share half of it with Miroku. That wasn't the only thing though, Inuyasha had to share this room with Miroku too. He didn't know how he was going to make it through the week without killing the pervert..... Sango was sharing Kagomes room with her, and the 4 of them was going to some how find a way to share one small bathroom. Inuyasha found himself wishing that he hadn't been so nosey. If he had just let Kagome lie, he would still be living in the most amazing mansion he had ever seen or ever would see. Instead, he was living in a house that had three bedrooms, and two and a half baths.

One of the rooms belonged to Kagomes mom of course, the other was Kagomes, and the last was the guest bedroom that Inuyasha had to share with Miroku. Kagomes mom had one of the bathrooms all to herself, so they were all going to have to share. The half bath wasn't that helpful because it was only good if you needed to take a pee. Besides the rooms already mentioned, the only other rooms this house had, was a kitchen, dinning room that was connected to the kitchen, family room, and a small laundry room. Some people would call a house like this cozy, but Inuyasha thought otherwise. This entire house was smaller then his ballroom...or so he thought.

Anyway, the reason the house was so quite, was because Miroku needed to write his history paper, and insisted that he and Sango go to the library and do research on her family. She had told him time and time again that she knew enough, but he said his paper had to be perfect. Sango finally agreed to go, just for the sake of getting Miroku to shut up.

^ I wonder where Kagome is? It seems that no matter how much we insist that there is no problem with this place, she still won't face us. Unpacking is making me bored....I'm going to see if I can find her....^

It really wasn't that hard to find Kagome, seeing as she was the first place Inuyasha looked, in her room. She was sitting on her bed looking out the window when Inuyasha interrupted whatever thinking she had been doing.

"So.....I like your house," Inuyasha said not being able to think of anything better to say.

"Inuyasha, why do you always have to be like that?" Kagome asked not looking at him.

"Like what?"

"Completely fake. I know that you would rather be spending your week any where but here, and I'm sorry, but this is just.....me I guess. I can't change who I am."

"You already have."

"Well, yeah but that is different. I can change how I look all I want, but I'm still the same person. I can't change who my family is or who I really am."

"Why would you want to?" Inuyasha asked sincerely.

"I can't believe you of all people is saying that....You. The person who had made fun of me more than any other person I have ever known."

"Well, I mean it. I know I gave you a really hard time a lot....but I don't know.....I was younger and stupid.........I never meant to hurt you.....not as much as I did at least....I didn't know about your dad....."

"I know....." Kagome said softly.

"........So....friends?"

She finally looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"On one condition."

"Okay....what's that?"

"We can still be a little mean to each other," she said smiling. "I don't want this relationship to get boring."

"I think I can live with that," he with a smirk.

"Come here, there's something I want to show you." Kagome said getting up and grabbing his arm. She lead him down the hall, into the kitchen, and then into her moms room. There were two doors in the room, one was a closet by her moms bed, and the other was at the back of the room. Kagome opened up the door, and started walking down a flight of stairs. Inuyasha had a weird feeling of Da'ja'vu as he walked into a completely dark room. Kagome turned to the left and flipped on the lights. As the room lit up, confusion could be seen on Inuyashas face. The room was fairly large with a pretty tall ceiling. There walls were all plain and had nothing on them except for a key pad that was next to the door they came in threw. The weirdest thing about the room, was the ring in the middle. There was a sort of boxing room in the middle of the room. It was a lot bigger then a boxing ring though, and it looked a lot more padded.

"What is this place?" Inuyasha asked looking around.

"I thought you'd never ask." Kagome said smiling.

She quickly turned to the key pad and punched in a few numbers. As soon as she did the room started to rumble and Inuyasha watched in awe as the walls flipped over. Each wall had something different on it. The wall to the left had all sorts of different outfits hanging on it, all of them meant for fitting. There were different colors and sizes and designs. The right wall had all sorts of things on it. There were things Inuyasha recognized, like armor that was clearly meant to go over the fitting suits. There was also a lot of things Inuyasha didn't recognize. There was weird items and necklaces and bottles with different color of who knows what in them. Inuyasha decided that without a doubt, the back wall was his favorite. Hanging from this wall, was just about every weapon you could imagine.

Inuyasha walked forward slowly still in totally astonishment.

"Ok I'm going to ask again, what is this place?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Kagome said. "It's a fitting arena."

"I am all up for fitting, and this had to be one of the coolest places I have ever seen, but just one question...why?"

"Well, you would have had to know my dad. He was in the marines for quite some time, and for the 8 years up until he died, he was a bodyguard. That's actually how he died....he was protecting his client and was shoot....." The sadness in Kagomes voice was evident, but she was trying not to show it in her face. "Anyway, if there was one thing he taught me and wouldn't let me forget it was self-defense. It was like he knew he was going to get killed and wanted my mom and I to be able to take care of our selves. Back when I was little he used to make me train everyday, but now I just do it for fun whenever I have the time."

"Does your mom train with you? I mean, don't you need someone to practice with?"

Kagome walked over to the left wall and took down one of the bottles with the glowing stuff in it. This one was pink.

"These are what I fight with," Kagome said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Inuyasha still looked confused so Kagome sighed and then opened the bottle. The pink stuff floated out of the bottle like mist and hovered in the air about 3 feet from Kagome and Inuyasha. Then, without any warning, and girl in full armor appeared holding two short swords.

"Isn't that like I hologram though? I mean, it's not solid or anything so how could you fight it?"

The girl looked at Inuyasha, walked up to him, and punched him in the arm.

"Ow!"

"So does that answer your question?" Kagome said. She then tapped the lid on the bottle twice, the girl turned to pink smoke again, and returned to the bottle. Kagome then put the bottle back up on the wall.

"Fitting is a lot more fun if it's a real person though," She said smiling.

"Are you challenging me?" Inuyasha asked arrogantly

"Maybe...." she replied trying to sound innocent.

~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~



20 minutes later Inuyasha was in the ring practicing with a sword. (No, sorry, this is not his usually sword. That seemed way unrealistic) He was wearing a red outfit that was baggy and cut one the upper arms. He was also wearing a white shirt under the red one, and it could be seen through the holes on the arms. (I kept his outfit though :D )

Just then, Kagome appeared at the door. She had gone upstairs to get dressed. Kagome was wearing a tight fitting full body suit. It was black, and she had light blue armor on, (imagine Sangos of course) and Inuyasha knew that he must have been drooling as he watched her walk toward him. She continued to the back wall and took down two short swords.

"You're going to fight me with those?" Inuyasha asked indigently

"Of course. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not if you have a problem with losing."

"Yeah right, we'll see Inuyasha...."



A/N: I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to get a chapter out, but I was having some serious writers block with this chapter from some reason. Anywho, this time I'll update sooner. Don't forget to review!