InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I am so sorry that it had been so long since my last update. My family and I went on vacation to California, and I had no computer for almost 3 weeks! Not fun, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.... Well, sorry again, enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 16



Miroku sighed heavily as he scanned through a highly boring book about traditional Japanese families. Sango had suggested that he compare her family to the traditional family because it would make an interesting paper. Well, right now Miroku was just about as far from interested as you can get. He sighed again as he turned the page, not noticing Sangos annoyed expression. She got up from the table they were researching at to go and check something at the computer. It seemed that she found what she was looking for, 'cause she disappeared into the long rows of books looking for something. Sango came back with a book at least 4 inches thick just in time to hear Miroku sigh again.

"Would you please cut that out?" asked a peeved Sango. "You are driving me mad!"

"Cut what out?"

"You have sighed at least a hundred times in the last hour! You are the one that wanted to come here and do research, so you shouldn't be complaining about it."

"Well I just thought that spending hours alone with you would be a little less boring," Miroku said looking back down at his book.

"We are doing research for a freaking history class project. What did you honestly expect?"

Miroku looked up and smirked. "You and me alone and bored.....I did not except to be bored."

Sango glared at him and started pilling up the many books that were scattered across the table. "Why do you always have to do this? Can you very be serious about anything? It's like everything in the world is a joke to you and if you can't turn every little situation into something perverted, then I'm god!"

"God huh? Hey since you can do anything, would you mind doing something for me?" Miroku asked winking at her.

"See?! That is exactly what I mean! You don't know how to be serious, and you couldn't go 20 minutes without doing or saying something perverted!"

She stood up in a huff, and went to return the books the their shelves. Miroku followed, not about to let the conversation just end with that.

"Well why do you always have to react so badly to it? It's just who I am Sango."

She turned to look at him with a deadly glare on her face. "Don't flip this around and make it about me! If this is really who you are, then maybe you need to change!"

"Sango my love I'm hurt...... Can't you accept me the way I am?"

"Miroku if this is the way you really are, then I don't even want to know you. I thought this project would be nice because I thought that maybe I didn't know the real you. I thought that if I could get to know you, I could see who you really are. It seems that I've just found out....and I don't want to know anymore........"

Without even looking at him she left the rest of the books sitting on a random shelve, and walked away. Miroku was too stunned to follow her, and for the first time, he had no idea what to say.......

~~~~~*******~~~~~



Inuyasha groaned as he was thrown to the ground roughly. He immediately tried to get up, but couldn't because Kagome was pinning him down with her foot. Quickly seeing the opportunity, he grabbed her leg and pulled her to the ground as well. The weapons were forgotten as the struggle was now to survive on the ground and to be able to get back up. As Kagome and Inuyasha wrestled, it was hard to tell who was really winning. For a moment one of them would be winning or would almost be to their feet, but they would quickly be pulled back down.

The majority of the fight had been going like this. Inuyasha was clearly a lot stronger, but Kagome was a lot faster. Kagome had more practice doing this sort of fighting, but Inuyasha had done a lot more street fighting. Both of them had been hit a few good times and had hit the other. The fight could have probably gone on for hours if Miroku and Sango hadn't got into that fight.

When Sango got home, she couldn't find them anywhere, but could hear noise coming from somewhere below her. She found the door that lead downstairs, and figured that must be where Kagome and Inuyasha were. She was right of course, but didn't know what to expect.

Inuyasha currently had the upper hand when Sango came into the room. He had Kagome pinned to the floor, and they were both out of breath.

"Oh my god......." was all Sango could say at first.

Quickly realizing how things looked, Inuyasha jumped off of Kagome and they both got up off the ground.

"I'm sorry if I um....interrupted anything....." Sango said smirking.

"Shut up Sango," Inuyasha snapped. "We weren't doing anything."

"If you say so..... It's ok, I had a feeling something was going on between the two of you."

"What?!" yelled Kagome. "Sango really, nothing was happening. We were play fighting and I guess it got a little out of hand...."

Before Sango could make a comment about that, Inuyasha changed the subject.

"Where is Miroku anyway? I thought you two went to the library together."

"We kind of got in a fight.....He can be such an ass hole sometimes...."

"What did he do this time?" Inuyasha asked sighing.

"The same thing he always does....acted like a complete pervert and jerk. I swear when this project is over I am not talking to him anymore.....That seems way too far away though.... It's only Wednesday.... That means that I have to deal with the idiot for four more days!"

"I'm sorry Sango.....I would be miserable too if I liked such a jerk," Kagome said sympathetically.

"What?! Oh no no no. Kagome you've got me all wrong. I don't like Miroku at all, how could I when he's such a jerk?"

"Right.....If you say so.... Regardless of if you like him or not, do you know what you need?"

Inuyasha and Sango both looked clueless.

"Uh no, not really no."

"Oh come on you guys, Sango you need a guy to take Miroku off your mind!"

"Ok not such a bad idea, but who?"

"I haven't got that far yet....." Kagome said sheepishly. "I just know that's what you need."

"I think I have an idea," Inuyasha said.

"Really?" Kagome asked eagerly. "Do you know a guy who would work for Sango?"

"I think I might......Sango do you think that I'm attractive?"

"Uh nice thought Inuyasha, but you're just not my type....."

"Just answer the question!"

"Well yeah, but like I said....."

"The guy isn't me. I'm talking about my brother, Sesshoumaru. Basically, the only thing we do have in common is that we look a lot a like. So if you couldn't ever see yourself with me, this guy might be perfect for you. I could call him if you want."

" Ok but just as long as you promise that this guy isn't really some freaky weirdo. And also I'm not really looking for a relationship, just a distraction."

"Oh don't even worry about that, Sesshoumaru isn't exactly the long relationship type."