InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Is She a Lost General or Something More? ❯ Orange Eyes She Will Never Forget ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tiring was the only word to explain the running. I have never run this far before. I may be young and strong, but I don’t know if I can make it. But I have to keep running. If he catches me… I don’t know what he’ll do. He might kill me. Or… something worse. I must run.

She had been running for what seemed like forever. It was strange how far she had come. Not something any human was capable of. But a demon could have done it. And that’s what she was; a demon. However, she wasn’t a full demon… only a hanyou (a half-breed). Until now she hadn’t even known that. She grew up a human.

But that didn’t matter know. She was being chased by a youkai (demon), and if he caught her it would be horrible. I’m really starting to tire. I am coughing and my breathing is terribly labored. I’ve already been running for a few hours. Quite amazing... these demonic powers. I was fit before, but this…this is just amazing. I must be pretty fast for a hanyou, since I am outrunning a full demon. No matter, I mustn’t let him catch me; I can’t fight him. I have no combat training. Sure, a little here and there with a sword. Nothing, though, that I could fight a demon with... Except these.

She looked down at her elongated claws. I have these and I can fight a little with them, I suppose. I remember, I saw a strange inu-youkai (dog demon) make lighting come out of his hands. I can’t do anything like that, though. But… AHHHHHHHHHhh.

The young girl let out a long scream. Even through her fire rat shirt, an arrow had found its mark. She fell forward and felt the dirt squish into her face.

This is it... I’m going to die. I’ve been a demon for less than a day and I am already going to die.

She felt claws dig into her back and she was flipped over. "For a half-breed, your kinda hot. I think we'll have a little fun!" All she saw before everything went black and she felt a blinding pain, was a sneering face with orange, cat-like eyes.