InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Is She a Lost General or Something More? ❯ Earlier That Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Earlier that daycccc
“Where are you sister Ayame?”
“I AM OUT HERE SAKURA!”
The girl found her sister practicing archery outside, near the stables.
“Guess what day it is!”
“Umc. The day after yesterday?”
“NO! Well, actually yes, but that’s not the answer I’m looking for!”
“Oh. Then I’m not sure I know what you’re talking about”.
“You meanc that you really forgot?”
“Hahahahah. I’m just kidding! It’s your 12th birthday. Did you really think I would forget something that important, Sakura?”
“Well noc butc OH NEVERMIND”.
“You are so silly, sister dear. Hold on a moment. I will be right back”. Ayame ran inside the large stable building. A few minutes later she came out with a set of arrows and a bow.
“These are for you. They are brand new and are of very good quality. I know that you have shown an interest in archery, so I thought that it would be a good gift. Mother and father bought them for you from a local merchant. Brother and I are going to teach you to use them!”
“Really?”
The older girl nodded her head.
“Yeah! Thank you so much!” Sakura jumped up and hugged her older sister. “When are Mother, brother Akito, and father going to return?”
“They are going to come back around noon. And thenc. We celebrate the youngest member of our family’s birthday! There is a new kimono in the house. It’s yours! Go put it on and let me see you in it!”
A few minutes later the town bell sounded.
“ATTACK! ATTACK,” yelled the town crier. “Demons are attacking! Flee to the hills!”
Sakura quickly found Ayame. “Sister! Demons are coming. We must leave!”
“Yes, you are right. Get our bows!”
“Okay!” Sakura quickly retrieved the weapons and came back into the front room of their small house.
“Oh no”.
“What is it sister? What’s wrong?”
“It’s the cat demons. They have come for you”.
“I don’t understand. What do you mean?”
Ayame started to cry. “I am so sorry we did not tell you!”
“What?”
“You see that scroll on the door?”
“Yes”.
“It is a sutra to keep the demons out”.
“A sutra? Isn’t that what houshi’s (monks) and miko’s (priestesses) use? It’s magic isn’t it?”
“Yes”.
“How do you know such spells!”
“I am a priestess. I was supposed to protect you. I don’t know if I can though”.
“Why? Protect me from whom!”
“The cat-youkai. They are the demons attacking us now and thec..”
“What? Why do I need protecting!”
“DO NOT INTERUPT. I must explain myself quickly”.
“You and I are not sisters. Mother and father are not are our real parents, and Akito is not really our brother. We are all servants, except you, of the great Lord Sesshoumaru. He is the son of InuTaishou”.
“I have heard of those demons. They rule the Western lands. What do they have to do with me! And what do you mean our family is not real!”
“JUST WHAT I SAID! I am sorry. But, now you must listen to me. InuTaishou’s regent and head general was InuDaichi. Ack. Sorry, I meant InuAkido. Anyway, InuAkido had a son named Isamu. Isamu served as regent for many years after InuAkido’s death. But, he abandoned the Western lands 12 years ago. No one knows where he is now. Before he left, he mated with a human and had a child. The child was a half-breed female. Sesshoumaru, son of InuTaishouc InuTaishou is also deadc sent the child away with a few human servants, so that the child could live in peacec or so he claims. But, we must not question our Lord! I shall explain more another time. The point is thatc thatc You are that child! You are the last living member of the Akido family!”
“Surely you jest, sister! I am not a demon!”
“Come here”. Sakura Obeyed. Ayame turned her sister around and pulled up the back of Sakura’s kimono, exposing her lower back.
“What are you doing?”
“This will hurt”. Ayame sliced off a small part of Sakura’s skin that had a tattoo on it. She then pushed a black shirt over Sakura’s head.
“Ahhh! Ow! It hurts!”
“Compose yourself! That tattoo was a binding spell, and the shirt is made from fire rat hide. It’s stronger than armor andc Look what’s happening!”
Sakura bit her lip so that she wouldn’t cry out. She looked down at herself. She was shimmering. Her nails were elongating. He ears were growing pointed. She could feel small fangs poking out of her mouth. Finally, the shimmering stopped. Sakura looked in the mirror. She found herself looking at a demon with pointed ears and small fangs. Her once short, brown hair was now navy blue/ purple and fell to her hips. Her light brown eyes were now a dark purplish blue.
“I... Ic what? WHAT’S HAPPENING!” Sakura started to cry. She was scared and confused.
“Please calm down. I’m telling you the truth, as you can clearly see!”
“Butc It can’t be. This isn’t happeningc”
“STOP. You must calm down. You must run to the Western Lord’s castle and try to get help. I don’t know if the Lord will listen, but it’s defiantly worth a try”.
“The Western Land’s castle! That’s half a day’s walk. Maybe longer! BesidescIcI don’t even know anything! EVERYTHINGS DIFFERENT NOW AND I’M JUST SUPPOSED TO GO SOMEWHERE FOREIGN AND FULL OF DEMONS!”
“I know! But, you must. Besides, you have demonic powers now! You can make it! Take your bow. This bow is important. I will explain why, when we meet again. Run! Go to the castle and ask for help. I will leave after I help as many people as I can. Then, I will find our foster family and we will head to the Western provinces.”
“cFoster familyc”
“GO! RUN NOW!” Ayame pushed Sakura through the back door and to the edge of the forest. “Go! Now!” Then, she shut the door.
Sakura stood there. She was scared. There was no where to go, except a castle, far awayc and full of demons. She thought to herself, what am I going to do. I don’t want to leave sistercnocshe isn’t really my sister. But, she is like one. I suppose that I still think of her as onecand so, I shall still call her sister! But that doesn’t matter now. I have to leave, but the only place I can go is a place I was taught to fear. She started to cry again. Why should this happen to me! I am not supposed to be related to a powerful demoncIc am supposed to be an ordinary human. Why did this have to happen! What did I do god? What sin have I committed to deserve this! She shook her head and looked at her burning home. I have to get help! Even if it involves going into a burrow of demons! I will help my village. I don’t know if I will livec I suppose I will though. After all, I’m supposed to be of royal class in youkai society. Maybe they won’t harm me.
And so, she started to run. She was running for all she was worth. She was determined to reach her destination. But after a while, she noticed that someone was following her. She stopped and turned. About 200 yards behind her, was someone running after her. He had strangely colored clothing and was running at an inhuman pace.
Oh god. He’s not human. He’s come to kill me! Sakura turned around and started running again; this time with greater haste.