InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Is She a Lost General or Something More? ❯ Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just for the record!!! Sakura's thoughts are italicized and everyone else's is in single quotes.


Akira jumped out of his chair. "Lord Sesshoumaru!"

Sakura had planned on saying hello and making a good impression, but she was to stunned to go through with that plan. She was to busy looking at the man in front of her. He's just as good looking as Akira... if not better! He had white/ silvery hair going down to his calves. He was very tall; an inch or 2 taller than Akira, who had to be like 6'3''. He had magenta stripes on the side of his face, a midnight blue crescent moon on his forehead, and the most beautiful golden eyes.

"InuAkira. You are back, and well, I presume?" The talking awakened Sakura out of her trance... probably a good thing too, since she might of started to drool.

"Yes! We are quite well. The lily here has some injuries, but nothing that wont heal soon."

"Ah yes, the half-breed. I was under the impression that her name was Sakura, but..."

"It was. However, I think that it would be wise if she didn't use that name anymore."

"Yes, a good idea Lord Akira. May I ask why you called her a lily?"

"Of course, Lord Sesshoumaru. It was my opinion that she smells like lilies."

Sesshoumaru sniffed and his eyes closed. As fast as it happened, his fast turned back into its emotionless mask. "That's not exactly what I would of said... but."

Yeah. He probably would of said that I smell like a dirty half-breed. But, that expression... Oh well, I probably just imagined it. Wait a second! Sesshoumaru hasn't even talked directly to me! That arrogant Taiyoukai!

"Ah child. Your face was contorted for a second. I will assume that you were thinking about me. Good... you can control your anger towards others. Maybe you won't be such a liability after all."

"Liability!?" Akira moved over and put his hand over Sakura's mouth.

"I am sorry Lord Sesshoumaru. But, I am afraid that the lily here is suffering from trauma."

Grrr. What an ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Yes, I certainly hope so. We do not tolerate insolence here."

Akira had taken his hand off Sakura's mouth. I am gonna tell him that he can't treat me like that! As if Akira read her thoughts, he shook his head slightly.

As much as Sakura wanted to yell at Sesshoumaru, she controlled herself. "I am deeply sorry, Milord. I hope you can forgive me."

"Forgiveness is for weaklings. I sincerely hope you learn that before it's to late."

"Yes, Lord Sesshoumaru."

"About her name?..."

"Yes, I think it's best that it is changed. The lily, is not a name, so we shall call her a lily. But, Alily with a short vowel a, as if it were a name."

"Well, it's a name now! What do you think Alily?"

"It is fine, my lords."

"Good. You are learning politeness, fast."

"Lord Sesshoumaru, I was thinking that Alily could stay here. You know, train in the demon ways. Learn to control her aura, use her powers, and things of that sort. She is an inu-youkai after all and one of royal status, at that!"

"A half-breed in my castle?"

"You cannot deny her, it’s her birth right."

"Her family blood was defiled a long time ago, as soon a Isamu mated a half-breed and had his second child..."

"You cannot say that, just because she is a half-breed."

"I am not. I denied her full-blooded sister, did I not?"

"My sister?!"

"That was different. She was a criminal! She left and went to the panthers in the east!"

"My sister!!?!??!?!?!?"

"Quiet, half-breed!" This was the first time Sesshoumaru raised his voice. It startled Alily *YUPPERS! she's not Sakura anymore!* into silence.

"Don't talk to her like that." Sakura was utterly shocked that anyone would talk to the lord like this.

"I will talk to her how I want." Sesshoumaru's face reverted back to it's emotionless mask. What surprised Sakura, was the Akira looked cold now. He wasn't cheerful and happy anymore. He looked cold, like a real demon lord.... even a bit like Sesshoumaru. "And for her sister... Her sister was a whore. She tried to seduce me many a time; you and General Akazawa, too."

"I have a sister?"

"I will explain later Alily. I will take her as my ward! You cannot get rid of her as long as I am here."

'He is right. I cannot get rid of her if it is known that he is the regents ward. That would be frowned upon'. "Very well. She shall stay. But, if she screws up... she is gone from here."

"Yes Lord Sesshoumaru. Come Alily, we must go." Akira grabbed her hand and practically dragged her out of the room.

Before she left, Alily got in a quick bow and said, "Thank you, Lord Sesshoumaru."

He didn't even acknowledge the thank you.

____________________________________________________________ ________

Outside in the corridor...

"Akira!" A beautiful youkai was running down the hall towards them. She had brown eyes, medium skin, dark brown hair with golden highlights. She was wearing a blue and pink flowered Yucatan. She was about 5 inches taller than Sakura (about 5'9'') and appeared to be about 23 or 24.

She ran right past Alily and threw her arms around Akira’s neck, where she rested her head.

"I am happy to see you too, Aya."

Aya let go. "Very funny!" She smiled and turned to Alily. "Hello, I am General Aya Morikawa. And you are InuDaichi's granddaughter!"

"I am. My name is Sakur.... Alily Taken... Akido. Alily Akido!"

"New names are hard to get used to! Aya, will you please take Alily to the doctor, and then show her to her quarters. I really need to attend to some things, so I am sorry for the abrupt departure. I will see you at dinner." With that, he walked away.

"Well, come along Alily." Aya started to walk in the opposite direction of Akira.

"May I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Are you and Akira, like... together?"

Aya sighed. "Yes, we have been for a long time."

"Oh. How come you are not married."

"It's a tradition that generals, the regent, and the Lord or Lady (*depending on if it’s a man or women as the grand ruler*) cannot marry one another unless one of them gives up their position."

"Oh. I am sorry."

There was a few seconds of silence as they walked. "About my sister... I have one?"

"Hmm? Oh yes. You do."

"Well, where is she?"

"It's hard to explain. But, basically she betrayed the castle and went to work for the panthers in the east as an assassin."

"Was she a half-breed, too?"

"No. She was a full demon. She's only your half-sister. Your father, in his younger days was... um, how to say this?... quite the ladies man!"

"Oh. That's why she's not here... The Lords called her a whore."

"Well, no offense, but she was. She tried to seduce many of the high ranking male officials. I think the only ones that didn't succumb to her will was Sesshoumaru and Akira."

"Oh...."

"It's okay. Don't even think of her as family. She's long gone, into the east! No need to fret over it."

"I suppose you’re right. I didn't even know her, so I suppose I shan't feel upset."

"That is a good choice.... We're here!"

By now they were standing outside a door that was just off of the main entrance way. Aya opened it and revealed a long room with at least 15 beds lining each wall. At the end, behind a desk, sat a female fox youkai with red hair.

"Ah, Izumi! Excellent to see you. I have someone here for you to treat!"

The fox demon looked up revealing blue eyes and a small black star next to her left eye. "General Aya, how nice to see you. And I see you have the regents granddaughter!"

"Yes, this is Alily. Alily, this is Izumi. She is the head doctor of the castle!"

"Hello Izumi."

"And hello to you too, Alily!"

"Akira didn't tell me her injuries. But it looks as if she has a gash in her abdomen and a broken arm. I'll let you look at her. When you are done, just send for me."

"Will do!"

“See ya in a bit, Alily!“ Aya left and Alily walked down towards the desk and Izumi.

"So, how are you today. Seems you got pretty beat up!"

"Yes."

"Hmm. You should learn to defend yourself. Demons have gotta learn to use their powers so they can stay alive."

"Believe me, I get it!"

"Ok ok. Please sit down, and I will tend to your wounds."

"Okay." Alily sat down on the last white, linen covered cot, and allowed herself to be pushed down by Izumi.

Izumi un-bandaged the cloth around Alily's leg and applied some yellow gooey stuff... which stung like hell. "Oww! What are you doing?!"

"Oh, stop whining. It's just some disinfectant. Very unlikely that a youkai would get an infection... but you can never be to careful! Just sit tight and relax. It may sting a little, but that's a good thing."

"Now you tell me." Alily decided to ignore the pain. People will expect me to be tough!

Izumi continued un-bandaging and rebandaging all Alily's wounds using that disgusting gooey stuff! (just a lil' one of Alily's thoughts there for ya). About 20 minutes after Alily lay down, Izumi went back to her desk and wrote something down on a paper. Alily walked over to read what Izumi had written. "Why are you writing down what was wrong with me?"

"I keep records of all injuries and sicknesses."

"Why?"

"I don't know. My uncle was the last head doctor of this castle. He did... I suppose it's just a hereditary habit or something."

"Oh."

Izumi walked down the room to the door. She opened it and called to a passerby. "Will you please go and get Lady Aya and tell her to come here." Izumi turned around and went back to her desk. "You should be healed by tomorrow afternoon. Come back then, and I'll take all the bandages off. I suggest that you take it easy until then. No training or battling!"

"Yes well, I don't know what to expect. Everything is so new and different."

"Don't worry. I assume that you are staying here. In that case, you will need to learn some fighting skillz."

"That's what Akira told me. I have some skill with a sword, but not much."

"Well, swordsmanship is a good foundation. I wish you the best of luck! I will see you another time."

"Huh? What oh, okay, see you later." That was rude. She just said goodbye… but I’m not leaving! At that moment Aya walked in. Oh. Of course! Demonic hearing. Foolish me! I will have to train myself in using that skill. I didn't even notice her coming.

"Let's go," said Aya. Alily followed her out the door and down another set of long halls. "I'll take you to your room. I convinced Akira that you probably wouldn't want to eat dinner with everyone else, since you’re undoubtedly tired."

"Yes, I am. Thank you. I would really like to sleep for a while."

"It's to be expected." There was a few seconds of silence. "If I were you, I would be trying to remember the halls and how to get places!"

"I'm trying, but I don't know if I can. It all looks alike!"

"Yes, it's a large castle. In time, you will come to understand its layout."

"I'll get some practice when I go back to get my bandages off."

"Haha. Izumi's gonna take off your bandages. You have a lot to learn!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Oh never mind! Were here, anyway." Aya opened a set of beautiful wooden doors.

"Wow. This is my room?" said Alily in an awed voice. She looked around. There was a small sitting area in the front with low, light weight tables and colorful, silk cushions to sit on. Behind that was a large window with a small bonsai garden with a mini torii (Shinto gate) surrounded by water and tiny pebbles. The window looked out into the fields behind the castle. On the left side of the room was a shoji door leading to what Alily supposed was the bedroom.

"Yup! It's where the grown children on the regent live... if the regent has any." Alily could see a slight blush on Aya's cheeks.

"It's so big and beautiful!."

"Yes, well you are an important person. I will let you rest up. Through that door," she pointed at the door Alily had looked at before, "is a bedroom. There are clothes for you to change into if you like. Tomorrow you will eat breakfast with Akira and I. If you need anything before then, just poke your head out the door and ask the guard standing outside your door for assistance. He will also take you down to breakfast. His name is Kenji. He's there just so that you don't get into any trouble! I have to go now. I'll see you in the morning. Good bye."

"Wait.."

Aya turned back around. "Yes?"

"Um.. will I be able to see my family, or my foster family?"

Aya's face turned sad. "I'm afraid that's not possible. Royalty isn't really supposed to socialize with human servants. Besides, they already left for the ocean castle."

Alily didn't even bother to ask what the ocean castle was. Instead she just said good night and closed the doors. She walked through the room and slide open the doors. Inside was a small room with a large bed with a trunk at the end. On the left side of the room was a armoire. On the right side was another shoji door. She peeked in and was looking into a bathroom (hole in the ground with pipe leading to god only knows where and a pitcher and large porcelain bowl with a hand mirror lying next to it.... basic stuff, ya know). Alily closed the door and turned to the trunk. Inside she found a set of sleeping robes. She put them on the got into the large bed. So comfortable.... I miss them. I'll never see them again. Alily was to tired to think much more. She snuggled into the covers and closed her eyes.

____________________________________________________________ ___

Outside, in the hall...

Sesshoumaru was walking down the hall. He stopped and listened. ' Weak. She should stop her sniffling. I can hear it and smell the salt in her tears. Pathetic...'

He kept on walking.