InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch.3: The District Sleeps Alone Tonight ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Same as always; I don't own em'. Viz and Rumiko Takashi do. I decided just to keep going. I have nothing better to do =] Hope you like.


After some breif airsickness, a nap and more then 4 bags of peanuts, Kagome arrived at Tokyo International. She was the last one to leave the plane. She put on her sunglasses and exited, hoping not to be noticed. More like, hoping not to be noticed by anyone she knew! Kagome hurried through the bustle of the airport and got to the aprking lot. She sat on a large iron bench waiting for her mothers van. She had called on the plane and told Kagome to wait outside for her and Souta.

'I wonder what she'll think of how I've changed..' Kagome knew she had changed a great ammount, but she was comfortable with herself and didn't think twice about changing anything again. Especially for her own mother. She knew she would accept her anyway she came. Her thoughts ended as a horn was honked in her direction. She lookes up to see her mother waving out the top of the sunroof at her, Souta in the back seat.

'Come on now!' Kagome whined in her head as her mother continued her waving. She got up from the bench and walked to the car, sliding the door open. Souta's mouth sropped in an instant. "Sis! What happened..wow you look so different, I can't believe you got that peirced! How's your hair stand up like that?!" His awe was cute for about..3 seconds. Kagome glared at him and he quickly shut his mouth. Kagome's mother was also in shock. but knew Kagome. "I saw you on TV, sweetie! I didn't think I t was you for a second! You've grow up so much." Kagome smiled.

On the drive home, Kagome shared about America, Yuri, College and even her band. In turn, Kagome's mother told her all about how the shrine's stayed the same. Yet, how many of her friends come looking for her. Even now! 'i suppose It's 'cause of the band.." Kagome didn't really trust anyone after her father left and after Inuyasha...'No.' She told herself. 'No more of him. He's the past..' She commanded herself to drift awat from her thoughts of Inuyasha, but her heart told her otherwise. She put on a cold exterior the more she thought about it. She hasn't cried once since the incident and she's not starting now.

Within the next 10 minutes, the car pulled up to the Higurashi Shrine. Sakura buds where starting to form of the God Tree and the smell of spring was everywhere. Kagome loved that tree. She told her mother she was going to sit out there for a little. Her mother nodded. "Alright dear. I'm going to tell your grandfather everything!" She happily walked inside grinning like a cheshire. Kagome's I-Pod fell to the ground out of her pocket so she decided to play something. Suprisingly, one of her favorite songs was the next in her shuffle.

Smeared black ink... your palms are sweaty
And I'm barely listening to last demands
I'm staring at the asphalt wondering what's buried underneath
Where I am
Where I am



I'll wear my badge... a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest
That tells your new friends I am a visitor here...
I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is
Where I am
Where I am
Where I am



You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
A stranger with your door key explaining that I am just visiting
And I am finally seeing
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving


D.C. sleeps alone tonight


Where I am
Where I am
Where I am



You seem so so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
A stranger with your door key explaining that I am just visiting
And I am finally seing
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving



Where I am
Where I am
Where I am



The district sleeps alone tonight after the bars turn out their lights
And send the autos swerving into the loneliest evening
And I am finally seeing
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving
Why I was the one worth leaving..?

As the song ended Kagome felt an urdge to go to the well. She knew she shouldn't and told herself no, but she dosn't take orders. Even from herself. Kagome took her jacket and threw it on the porch as she headed somewhere she thought she'd never go again.



[A/N: Yep. Here's another chapter. =] The song is by The Postal Service and is called The District Sleeps Alone Tonight. I think I'm just going to start using song titles for titles of the chapters. Less thinking on my part. :o Mhm mhm. Tally ho.]