InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch.4: Maybe ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own IY or any of his crew. That's Vix and Rumiko Takashi's property. I won't debo, I'm just here to borrow. Peace love and Gap.



Kagome was all ready to jump right in. No second thoughts..none. She looked back outside of the well house and spotted something. Her guitar. Her mother obviously left her Acoustic out here for a reason. 'Hmph. That's mom.' Kagome smiled inwardly. She ran out and grabbed it and a pick. Coming back into the well house she realized something. She had thrown her shards before she left for good. 'What if it dosn't let me thorugh..?" She whispered aloud. 'I can atleast try..I want to see my friends again.' Again, for one of the many times today, she thought of Inuyasha. 'I don't know what to do when I see him..but It won't be easy.' She closed her eyes and climbed on the lip of the well. Standing there, guitar in hand, she jumped.


A bright light surrounded her and she opened her eyes. She was going through. A feeling she though she'd never feel again was met with a face she thought she'd never see again. Coming out of the well, she spotted Shippou. A smile twirked her lips. He looked much older. He was almost as tall as she was from the look of it. His hair wa still tied hy a ribbon, but was much longer. He was a young man now.

He immedietly smelled Kagome's scent with his demon nose and turned. Shippou's eyes widened saucer sized. He smiled and ran lightning fast over to her. "Kagome!?" He knew it was her. Even if her apperance changed and even if she..erm, filled out a little more. Kagome hugged him tightly. "Oh, Shippo. I missed you! You look so grown-up!" She smiled.

A light blush touched his cheeks. "Heh, thanks Kagome. You've changed alot, too!" He gestured to her clothes. "What are these?" He touched her Monroe peircing. "Their peircings, Shippou." He looked skeptical but she said she'd explain all of it when she finds the others. "How are Miroku and Sango?" Kagome asked. "Their engaged." Shippou said matter-of-factly. Kagome always knew they would end up together. Just by the way Sango would blush when she'd bring up Miroku and her relationship. "Their at Kaede's if you want to go now." Kagome nodded and they where off.

Kagome approached the hut. The keys hooked to the side of her pants shook. Miroku and Sango walked out of the hut. "K..Kagome..?!" Sango studdered. "Hey guys. How the fuck are ya?" She grinned and walked up to them. "Lady Kagome, it's been so long!" Miroku stated as she went and hugged them both. "Yeah. Alot's changed."

"Obviously! You're almost completely different! It's been 6 years!" Sango said.

"Yes Kagome, you do look quite different."

"Kagome!" Shippou beckoned. "What are those?!" he pointed at the stars on her left arm.

Kagome told them all about her tattoos and peircings. Sango fiddled with her hair for a little longer then neccessary and Miroku questioned what the thing she carried was. "It's a guitar. It's a intrument the makes music." She picked up the guitar and strummed it. "Wow Kagome, that's cool!" Shippou said, taking the word "cool" from her time.Kagome then told them all about America and leaving to college. She told them about her band and how her life's changed. Then the question she dreaded popped up.

"So Kagome...why did you leave so soon?" Shippou asked hesitantly. Kagome sighed and looked over to her two newly engaged friends. They nodded. Inuyasha had explained to him about Kikyou and he thought that might've been the reason. After a few minutes in silence, Kagome stretched and yawned. "Well guys, I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll be back in a little." She walked off before they said a word. Kagome walked solemly through the woods, coming to the river. She sat next to it playing with her guitar. As she played, it caught someones attention. Stealthly, they went through the trees and settled a few way from her. Kagome strummed along, and soon remembered a song she had writte so long ago. "It hasn't gotten any easier." she whispered and started singing along.

Didn't you want to hear
the sound of all the places we could go
Do you fear
the expressions on the faces we don't know
It's a cold hard road when you wake up
and I don't think that I
Have the strength to let you go

Maybe it's just me, Couldn't you believe
that everything I said and did, wasn't just deceiving
And the tear in your eye, and your calm hard face
makes me wish that I was never brought into this place

There goes my ring
It might as well have been shattered
and I'm here to sing
about the things that mattered
about the things that made us feel alive for oh so long
about the things that kept you on my side when I was wrong

Maybe it's just me, Couldn't you believe
that everything I said and did, wasn't just deceiving
And the tear in your eye, and your calm hard face
makes me wish that I was never brought into this place

And someday, I promise I'll be gone
And someday, I might even sing this song
To you, I might even sing this song, to you
and I was crying alone tonight
and I was wasting all of my life just thinking of you
So just come back we'll make it better
So Just come back I'll make it
better than it ever was

Maybe it's just me, Couldn't you believe
that everything I said and did, wasn't just deceiving
And the tear in your eye, and your calm hard face
makes me wish that I was never brought into this place

Maybe it's just me, Couldn't you believe
that everything I said and did, wasn't just deceiving
And the tear in your eye, and your calm hard face
makes me wish that I was never brought into this place
I want it all, Don't leave right now..
I'll give you everything


Little did she know, there where ears who had heard her, a man who was with her and golden eyes watching her every move.


[A/N: ALright n00bz. There's the next one. The song is my favorite. It's called Maybe. =] Keep reading and REVIEWWW.]