InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ Getting down to business. ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi


Inuyasha was exhausted, and the day had just started. For the last five and a half hours he had been stuck in a room with Sesshomaru, who was -coaching- him on…how to behave, how to speak, even how to sit!

And then the signals, apparently Sesshomaru was worried that he really wouldn’t…get it…and so decided to come up with a way to warn Inuyasha, advise him without saying a word.

Normally Inuyasha might have been insulted, but in this case Sesshomaru was probably right.

Inuyasha slumped in his chair, he would rather have Sesshomaru trying to beat his ass then do this.

“I got an idea.” Inuyasha groaned, and Sesshomaru looked at him expectantly. “We go in there…and just take ‘em out.” Sesshomaru rolled his eyes at Inuyasha.

“I am glad to see you are taking this so seriously little brother. Now…what do you suggest we do when their armies march upon our home?”

Inuyasha rubbed at his temples.

“Okay…just take over all of it then. You can be Sesshomaru, Lord of Fucking everything.”

Sesshomaru chuckled lightly, but quickly chided him.

“Language Inuyasha.”

“I’m not in the fucking room yet.” Inuyasha shot back.

“Yes but I know you. If you do not get into the habit now you will revert back to your normal self quickly.”

Inuyasha grunted and crossed his arms.

“Gee…thanks for the vote of confidence.”

Sesshomaru smirked at him.

“Well you ARE a foul mouthed hanyou.” Sesshomaru chuckled. Despite the words Inuyasha did not feel insulted.

“Your god damn right I am.”

Inuyasha rolled his head around in a circle, trying to work out the kinks that sitting so long had put into his neck. The room they were in was actually pretty sparse, especially when compared to the extravagant western castle. The walls were bare, there were only two chairs, and a thick mat lay in the center of the room, a rather large one. That was it, no paintings, no tapestry, nothing.

“So basically you want me to act like you?” Inuyasha said. Sesshomaru cocked his head to the side, rubbing at his chin with his hand.

“Not quite….but in a way you are correct.” Sesshomaru replied. Inuyasha shook his head wistfully He was trying to accept all of this, he wasn’t used to anything like this court crap, so he could not really see it as such a big deal. But Sesshomaru did…and he would know best.

“Can’t I just let you do all the talking?” Inuyasha asked. That would be so much easier. Sesshomaru’s face softened, why Inuyasha didn’t know, and shook his head.

“No, there will be times when you will be addressed, and you must respond. I will help you when I can….but you must aid me as well my brother.”

Nothing could EVER be easy could it? Not to mention he wasn’t sure how the was supposed to show this….unity. Sesshomaru had mentioned touching…but what was he supposed to do? Hold Sesshomaru’s hand?

Sesshomaru turned away from him, running his fingers through the fur of his tail as he looked out of the only window the room had.

Inuyasha felt a bit guilty then, Sesshomaru’s back was so tight. He looked like someone who had a lot of weight on his back, and Inuyasha did not really want to make things worse.

Standing up Inuyasha stretched his legs and then grinned as a wicked thought popped into his head. Sesshomaru needed to lighten up a bit, he was going to go all…gray…or something.

Plus…Inuyasha was feeling…froggy. He was still a kid after all, not that he would ever admit it.

Sneaking up on Sesshomaru Inuyasha quickly wrapped his arms around his waist.

“Inuyasha wha?” Sesshomaru started to say. Inuyasha didn’t answer, planting his feet he gut wrenched Sesshomaru into the air. Twisting he dropped Sesshomaru on all fours, threes?, on the thick mat, he himself coming down on Sesshomaru’s back. “Inuyasha!”

Chest to back Inuyasha spun around to the front of Sesshomaru and hooked his arms under Sesshomaru’s chin, locking in a front face lock. It wasn’t easy but he used it to wrestling Sesshomaru flat onto his belly.

“Inuyasha!” Sesshomarus snapped as he pulled at Inuyasha’s arms. “What is the meaning of this!?”

Sesshomaru tried to force his way up, but Inuyasha had his head tight, and where the head went…the body followed. Sesshomaru managed to get up on his toes, but Inuyasha and stretched out, putting all his weight on the back on Sesshomaru’s neck. It was a funny scene, Sesshomaru’s feet on the floor, ass in the air, but face pressed against the ground.
If Inuyasha wanted he could choke Sesshomaru, or snap his neck, but that wasn’t his intention. Which was pretty messed up when he thought about it, the one time he had Sesshomaru in a sure kill position…and he didn’t want it.

Inuyasha grinned with his cheek pressed against Sesshomaru’s back, doing his best not to laugh as Sesshomaru continued to struggle. At this rate Sesshomaru might even wear himself out, his only real option was to power out. But not even the mighty Sesshomaru could lift Inuyasha with just his neck muscles.

“Inuyasha!” Sesshomaru snapped. “Release me at once!”

Inuyasha giggled, fat chance of that, but boy…Sesshomaru sounded like he was getting pissed.

It wasn’t quite fair though, what with Sesshomaru only have one arm and all. If he had both he might have been able to try and break Inuyasha’s grip, but as it was he couldn’t apply any opposing pressure.

With that in mind Inuyasha released him. He could be a good sport after all.

Sesshomaru stood quickly, glaring down at Inuyasha.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Sesshomaru asked. Still grinning Inuyasha pushed himself up with one hand and swung himself forward. He hooked his right foot behind Sesshomaru’s knee, and pushed at his shin with his left. Sesshomaru’s knee buckled and Inuyasha jumped over his back as he began to fall.

Inuyasha landed on his butt just as Sesshomaru caught himself and quickly clamped on a side headlock. Sesshomaru growled and Inuyasha realized he had just made a mistake…he was on Sesshomaru’s arm side.

The elder Inu wrapped his arm around Inuyasha’s back and stood, dead lifting Inuyasha right off of the floor before heaving him right back to it.

The mat actually provided decent padding, not as good as a real practice mat…but hey, he wasn’t going to complain.

Inuyasha popped back up on his feet, still grinning like a fool, to which Sesshomaru sent one of his patented death glares.

“What had gotten into you?” Sesshomaru growled. “This is very important, and you are acting like a manic.”

Inuyasha began to bounce around on his toes, half circling Sesshomaru. Once he got within range he took a swat at his elder brother, smacking him on the shoulder.

“Come on. Whatcha got Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha taunted. “You got nothing that’s what.”

Still bouncing around Inuyasha swatted at Sesshomaru again, who seemed to get even more annoyed.

“Been sittin’ on the throne too long, getting’ lazy.”
Another swat.

“Inuyasha….”

Swat.

̶ 0;Inuyasha.”

One more.

“Inuyasha!!”

The hanyou grinned fully, baring his teeth. One time Kagome’s little brother had done something similar to him while he had been trying to watch the TV box, which had only ended when Inuyasha had twisted his arms behind his back until he gave. Which actually seemed like what the kid wanted.

Inuyasha swiped at Sesshomaru again, who batted his hand away before it could connect. However that gave Inuyasha the chance to snag his wrist. Inuyasha twisted as he pulled Sesshomaru by the arm, snapping his hips back Inuyasha sent Sesshomaru crashing onto the mat with a quick one arm shoulder throw.

“Ippon Seoinage.” Inuyasha muttered under his breath.

Sesshomaru swiped at his legs but the hanyou easily avoided it. Sesshomaru’s eyes were ablaze as he slowly stood up, which only served to amuse Inuyasha further.

“Too old, that’s what it is.” Inuyasha teased.

“I am a young man you bratty little pup!” Sesshomaru shot back. Inuyasha stayed up on his toes, dancing around to stay out of Sesshomaru’s reach while he took playful swipes at him.

“Look at cha.” Inuyasha quipped. “Getting all gray.”

“We have the same hair color!”

“Leaving your head, coming out of yer nose and ears.”

“It is not!”

“Gonna need someone to start changing you pretty soon old man. Oh! Oh! Is that why you keep that toad around?”

“You are insane.” Sesshomaru growled. “You should fix your head before you lead us to ruin…or I remove it.”

Sesshomaru turned in a huff and headed towards the door. But Inuyasha wasn’t about to allow that.

Rushing up Inuyasha jumped on his older brother’s back, and quickly locked on a light choke hold. Sesshomaru stiffened but Inuyasha only gave him a gentle squeeze and then hopped off of him.

Sesshomaru’s eyes were wide and pissed as he slowly turned, like a monster in one of Kagome’s horror movies.

“Inu. Ya. Sha.” Sesshomaru forced out.

“Coulda had you old timer.” Inuyasha taunted. Sesshomaru took a step towards him, reaching for his collar. But Inuyasha was ready for it and dropped down, sending Sesshomaru down with him with a quick scissor sweep.

He had never tried to grapple Sesshomaru before, maybe the older Inu was not good at it? Sesshomaru was a master swordsman, and if Inuyasha was being honest with himself he had to question his chances in a straight up fist fight. But other then grabbing him by the throat and hauling him up Inuyasha had never experienced or seen Sesshomaru use one throw, hold, or joint lock.

Well other then that goofy crap in his room that time, but that didn’t count.

Of course with only one arm it did limit Sesshomaru’s options in that regard. Inuyasha himself was very familiar with it however.

Decades before he had been able to utilize the Backlash wave he had had other ways to use someone’s own strength and momentum against them. Problem was that if it didn’t work…then they tended to be on top of him smashing his face in.

He wasn’t dumb, he was a brawler and he knew it…hell he was proud of it. He had always relied on his fists and claws by default because….well they seemed deadlier, his claws especially. But there had been times when someone was either too face, or too big to just stand there and slug it out.

But if he could get a hold of them…wrestle them to the ground and either choke them, claw them, bite them, or grab a limb and twist or pull until it snapped….well he could win.

It had proved a sound tactic more then once, and once on the ground he could, and would bite and rip with impunity.

No rules in a real fight after all.

He had never really tried it with Sesshomaru because he had been too young and Sesshomaru had been way too big with seemingly unlimited strength and speed. Inuyasha couldn’t then, and really couldn’t now, imagine actually being able to wear Sesshomaru down enough to strangle or break him. Plus by the time they had begun to truly battle one another, as opposed to Inuyasha just getting his ass handed to him, he had come into possession of Tetsusaiga, and put his faith in it.

Not to mention that even too close to Sesshomaru tended to result in a pair of poison claws ripping through his body.

But now…if Sesshomaru wasn’t actively trying to kill him…..

Before Sesshomaru could get up Inuyasha dove at him, hooking his legs around Sesshomaru’s waist as he went over his back Inuyasha rolled them across the floor.

Pulling Sesshomaru’s arm behind his back Inuyasha reached up and ruffled vigorously before letting him go. Inuyasha rolled backwards and came to rest crouching on his heels.

Sesshomaru’s eyes got even wider, something Inuyasha couldn’t even believe, and he was sucking air in so loudly though his nose that Inuyasha couldn’t hear anything else. His tail was stiff as a board, and trembling.

Inuyasha stripped off his upper garments and tossed them aside, they would only give Sesshomaru something to grab, plus he was working up a sweat.

Inuyasha was now between Sesshomaru and the door, something he could see annoyed the elder Inu.

“Boy…breathing pretty hard there Sessy.” Inuyasha chirped. “Maybe I should take over, after all you might start going senile soon.”

“I am not old!” Sesshomaru growled. Inuyasha twitched, slapping at the floor with the palms of his hands as he faked diving at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru actually flinched. “Don’t you even….” Sesshomaru warned. “I have had enough of this.”

Grinning Inuyasha did it again.

“I am warning you.”

Sesshomaru was slowly trying to work his way around Inuyasha and to the door, but Inuyasha wasn’t done yet.

This time Inuyasha really did dive in, and hooked his arms behind Sesshomaru’s left ankle, pulling it out from under him as he pushed forward.

However this time things did not go quite so perfectly as Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around Inuyasha’s waist and held tight. So instead of just being able to roll though Inuyasha found himself trapped on top of Sesshomaru. With his older brother’s face smushed against his kidneys Inuyasha giggled.

Thinking quickly Inuyasha got a secure grip on Sesshomaru’s arm and coat, that coupled with h legs was just barely enough to keep Sesshomaru from rolling them over.

If Sesshomaru got on top of him…he was so screwed.

“Aw man…if I had gas right now….” Inuyasha giggled. Sesshomaru growled from under him and nipped at his back.

“You are disgusting.” came Sesshomaru’s muffled reply.

Sesshomaru twisted, trying to roll them once more and Inuyasha had to lock his entire lower half just to stop it.

Damn Sesshomaru was strong!

Sesshomaru twisted the other way, then back again, trying to get momentum behind his already frightening power.

“I am going to flay the skin off your back for this….I do hope you realize that.’ Sesshomaru threatened.

“Tough words from the guy arguing with my ass.” Inuyasha shot back, though he felt a bit nervous. He was just screwing around after all.

Sesshomaru continued to struggle and nearly pulled if off. But all their back and forth motions had pushed them near the wall, allowing Inuyasha to use it to thwart Sesshomaru once more.

“Inuyasha!” Sesshomaru roared. “Release me and get off!”

“Love to.” Inu-youkai purred inside of Inuyasha. The hanyou shook his head. Stupid youkai….

“S’matter? Getting tired?” Inuyasha quipped. “Can’t hack it with the hanyou-whoa!!”

Inuyasha was caught completely off guard as Sesshomaru body bridged right off of the floor. Inuyasha didn’t even know what muscles Sesshomaru had to be using to do it, but damn….

Higher and higher Sesshomaru’s back arched until Inuyasha found himself basically standing up and bent backwards. There was little he could as Sesshomaru continued to push up until he actually just lifted Inuyasha up into the air as he fully straightened out.

If Inuyasha had not been a part of it…he wouldn’t have believed it.

He could tell that Sesshomaru was just going to toss him away again, probably into a wall, so swinging his legs around Inuyasha pulled himself from Sesshomaru’s one armed grip and clamped on another side headlock.

The moment his feet touched the floor Inuyasha twisted, pulling Sesshomaru forward into the small of his back as he bent. It wasn’t perfect but Inuyasha flipped Sesshomaru right over him with a decent hip wheel throw.

“Koshi Guruma.” Inuyasha muttered to himself.

Years ago he had seen the same move done while watching two humans spar. They came to the same place every single day, so Inuyasha had been able to watch them for a few months. He had never really had a lot of chances to test it out, because he wasn’t about to risk his life with something he didn’t know would work, and he didn’t really have anyone to practice with.
After all he couldn’t picture wrestling around with Kikiyo or Kagome. Shippo was still too small, he would break Miroku in half, and although he fittest of the group besides him Sango was still a girl, one wrong touch and she would probably hit him somewhere he didn’t want to be hit.

Inuyasha did not release Sesshomaru when he flipped, he held on and rode him to the ground. He felt a little bad when Sesshomaru grunted, all of his weight had come down on the demon Lord’s chest, but he still held tight.

He didn’t hang on long though, the violent, pissed off, loud growl that exploded out of Sesshomaru a second later made him crave some distance.

But he could not just not do anything…

As he jumped off of Sesshomaru he hooked his claws into his siblings coat, and with a loud rip Sesshomaru was also naked from the waist up.

If looks could kill Inuyasha would deader then a doornail.

“Oh hooo….he looks really pissed.” Inuyasha thought. “I should probably only piss him off a liiiiitle bit more, then I better stop.”

“You impudent little….” Sesshomaru growled. Inuyasha grinned, unable to contain it as his ears started to twitch. He felt so giddy he started to bounce around Sesshomaru again.

“What’s the matter Sessy? Huh? Huh?” Inuyasha jabbed. “Come on, come on, come on.”

“Sessy? Sessy??” The demon Lord exclaimed. He might have done more but Inuyasha took another swipe at him.

Sesshomaru reached for him again, but Inuyasha darted away. Beckoning Sesshomaru to come in Inuyasha shuffled his feet back and forth rapidly. He had seen some guy do it on the TV box one day, some sport thing. They called him “The Greatest.” Not that Inuyasha knew why…he could do it easily.

“I swear I am…” Sesshomaru trailed off before he gave Inuyasha an introspective look. Sesshomaru clicked his tongue as Inuyasha watched the anger just drain out of his face. “Very well little brother…”

Before Inuyasha could say a word or do anything for that matter Sesshomaru rushed him. Inuyasha braced himself for an impact, but instead of slamming into him Sesshomaru jumped into the air.

Inuyasha had no idea how to react as Sesshomaru wrapped his legs around his head. Sesshomaru twisted, spinning in the air and Inuyasha found himself upside down before he was rolling across the floor.

It was so quick and jarring that Inuyasha’s head swam, and as he was trying to shake it off Sesshomaru was already there.

His older brother’s legs hooked around his waist and Inuyasha was suddenly off of the floor as Sesshomaru rolled forward, pulling him up into the air as he did a handstand. Sesshomaru held it for a few moments, impressive for only having one arm, before he snapped his legs as he allowed himself to fall, whipping Inuyasha across the floor.

Inuyasha stood again, and this time when Sesshomaru rushed in Inuyasha was able to grab him by the wrist and back of the head. Falling backwards Inuyasha put his foot against Sesshomaru’s stomach and pulled.

But instead of being thrown Sesshomaru went with it, flipped completely and landed right on his feet.
Crap cracker….the ass made cat’s look like clumsy rocks.

Speaking of ass…Sesshomaru had landed right above Inuyasha somehow, and the hanyou found himself staring at it. Instead of trying another move Sesshomaru let his legs go out from under him and sat right down on Inuyasha’s chest.

It completely knocked the wind out of him, the bastard was heavy, and it didn’t amuse him at all to stare up through Sesshomaru’s legs at his smug face either.

“What is wrong puppy?” Sesshomaru teased. “Old man too much for you?”

Sesshomaru reached between his legs and ruffled Inuyasha’s hair, then gave one of his ears a gentle tug.

Bastard.

“Oh…I have not yet begun to kick your ass!” Inuyasha vowed. Kicking his legs up Inuyasha managed to hook them under Sesshomaru’s armpits. Pulling down he heaved Sesshomaru off of him, sending his older brother rolling across the floor. Of course true to Sesshomaru’s annoying perfect-ness he ended up rolling right onto his feet without missing a step.

Inuyasha came running up and threw out his arm. He caught Sesshomaru on the chest with his bicep and wrapped it around his head. Inuyasha kicked his left leg out and then quickly brought it back hard, catching Sesshomaru behind the knee’s as he pushed.

Sesshomaru’s legs were punted out from under him, and he did a half flip, coming down on his shoulders and the back of his head.

Inuyasha snickered as he watched the normally composed ice prince rub at the injured area of his skull. But he did not get to gloat for long, because Sesshomaru turned his gaze upon him and pounced.

Inuyasha was knocked backwards and Sesshomaru ended up sitting on his stomach. Sesshomaru’s legs wrapped around him and Inuyasha had a moment of sexual discomfort….then the real discomfort kicked in as Sesshomaru began to squeeze the air out of him.

“Ugh….I’m pretty sure I need those…organs.” Inuyasha grunted as Sesshomaru squished his belly. He tried to pushed Sesshomaru off of him but the elder Inu caught him by the wrists and pinned both hands to the floor above his head. “Damn you and your big hands…” Inuyasha growled as he squirmed.

Sesshomaru wasn’t really hurting him, but it didn’t feel good either.

“So what do you think now puppy?” Sesshomaru rumbled, leaning over Inuyasha.

“I think that it was much more pleasant the last time I was between your legs.” Inu-youkai grumbled. Well he certainly would not be saying that….though it was tempting…just to see how Sesshomaru would react.

“I think your fat.” Inuyasha groaned. “Your big ass is squishing my guts.”

Sesshomaru actually looked a bit offended, giving Inuyasha the chance he needed to roll over on top of Sesshomaru.

Pushing forward he caused Sesshomaru’s body to scrunch up, enabling him to wrench his hands free. With that Inuyasha stood up, hooking his hands under Sesshomaru’s calves as he did.

His grip tight Inuyasha turned, rolling Sesshomaru over onto his stomach, and then sat down on his brother’s back while he pulled back.

“Yeah what now!?” Inuyasha exclaimed triumphantly. “Ya give?”

“Not hardly.” Sesshomaru deadpanned, but Inuyasha could hear the strain in his voice.

He could probably break Sesshomaru’s back if he really wanted to. It totally sucked that he would have killed for a chance like this not that long ago. Fate….such a flightily bitch.

“Come on. Say it!” Inuyasha ordered, pulling back a little harder.

Poor Sesshomaru was being bent right in half, his legs being pulled back towards his head. Hell…with his back the way it was Inuyasha was pretty sure he would have given up.

“You…seem to think….urgh….that I….ugh….have no…options.” Sesshomaru grunted.

“You ain’t getting out of this hold-” Inuyasha started, only to have Sesshomaru’s tail arch up, wrap around his neck and pull him off.

Inuyasha managed to right himself in mid air and come down on all fours, but he was still annoyed.

“That’s not fair!!” Inuyasha protested. “I don’t have a tail!”

“And I, unfortunately, only have but one arm to work with.” Sesshomaru countered.

“Hmp…” Inuyasha snorted and then dove at Sesshomaru.

It continued for quite a while, their little contest. Inuyasha favoring a grounded assault, while Sesshomaru utilized his agility to his maximum benefit.

Finally Inuyasha caught Sesshomaru in a bear hug, his intentions were to chuck Sesshomaru over his head, but Sesshomaru must have seen it coming and managed to grapevine one of his legs around Inuyasha’s right one, blocking the attempt completely.

However Inuyasha had already put all his weight behind it before he was suddenly shut down, he lost his balance and started to fall. Not about to let himself be put into a disadvantageous position Inuyasha shifted, managing to pull Sesshomaru under him as they crashed to the ground.

He was able to get his hands up in time to stop himself from smacking his face into Sesshomaru’s, and Sesshomaru was kind enough to shift as Inuyasha’s weight came down on top of him so that his knee wouldn’t drive into Inuyasha’s groin.

They were still left face to face on the floor. Which wouldn’t have been a problem but….Inu-youkai rather enjoyed the position.

They were both a bit sweaty, which made their bare skin slide together rather deliciously. They were panting slightly from their struggle and their faces were just inches apart.

Yes….Inu-youkai was rather pleased.

Sesshomaru had a bit of a smile on his face, his mouth slightly open as he playfully struggled under Inuyasha, not really trying to escape.

However Inuyasha was too disorientated to notice. His youkai had given a BIG push…and it made his head feel like he had been spinning in a circle for an hour.

Inu-youkai liked the position, he liked the feel of the powerful, solid body under him. But there was something he wanted even more…something that would make it so much….better.

Inuyasha was just beginning to get his bearings back when his youkai gave another push.

Without him willing it his head dipped down and his lips found Sesshomaru’s own. Inuyasha’s brain fogged a bit more and he growled at the feel. Sesshomaru tensed for a moment but relaxed into the kiss, allowing Inuyasha’s tongue to lazily explore his mouth.
Inu-youkai cheered inside of Inuyasha when Sesshomaru responded, his hand coming up to cup Inuyasha’s face. Inuyasha’s ministrations became hungrier, more desperate.

It felt so good, easing the need inside, the need he was so full of all the time. But it just wasn’t enough. More…he needed so much more, he needed-

“Its your brother!” A small, weak voice deep inside of him cried out.

Like a switch had been flipped Inuyasha’s mind instantly clicked and he sprang off of Sesshomaru as if he had been burned. Sesshomaru’s face stayed in the kiss position for a few moments and Inuyasha would have laughed but he was already in mid freak out.

“What the hell?! What the hell?! Again? God damn it!!” Inuyasha screamed inside.

“What am I going to do with you? Seriously? Your killing me here…” Inu-youkai groaned.

“Stop doing this shit!” Inuyasha roared at it.

Sesshomaru had pushed himself up with his elbow and was now looking at Inuyasha curiously. Inuyasha felt his face flush.

“Yeah…uh…um….good match, good match.” Inuyasha fumbled as he swung his arms back and forth, clapping his hands together. “We should…uh….you know…do this again sometime.” Wait…that sounded like he wanted another make out session with Sesshomaru. Which he didn’t.

No sir.

“The uh…match I mean….” Inuyasha continued. “Good practice you know…I don’t um….usually have someone to do that with.”
Damn it! There it was again.

“The match that is….” Inuyasha said. “That’s what I don’t usually do.”

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow, which only made Inuyasha feel more…fumbled. “So uh…yeah….I’m gonna go now…..and uh….clean….because…yeah…like….meeting and stuff, kinda…sweaty and all.”

Without waiting for a reply Inuyasha fled, leaving his clothing and everything.

“Brat.” Sesshomaru chuckled once Inuyasha was gone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshoma ru pulled himself up off of the floor and seated himself in the chair he had used while trying to instruct Inuyasha. The little tussle had certainly warmed him up, in fact he found it difficult to just sit still and allow his body to wind down.

He would have to talk to Inuyasha bout choosing the right time and place for such activities, but he really was not angry anymore. He had been yes, furious even.

Inuyasha jumping on him, pushing, shoving, throwing him on the floor, swatting at him. It had been beyond rude and disrespectful, and it had startled him when Inuyasha had locked his arm around his throat. All Inuyasha had to do was seize up and wrap his legs around Sesshomaru and…well he probably could have strangled him to death. But beyond that Sesshomaru was Inu, and as such was very sensitive about things touching his throat.

He couldn’t figure out what had gotten into the hanyou, bouncing around on his toes like some kind of lunatic, smacking him, verbally taunting him like that.

Brat.

But then he had taken a moment to really focus on his little brother and it hit him…

Puppy wanted to play.

Inuyasha’s eyes were bright and cheerful, a big smile on his face, his ears perked up and twitching, and if he possessed a tail Sesshomaru was sure it would have been wagging and thumping against the floor.

He wanted to romp and wrestle with his big brother.

It had touched Sesshomaru so deeply in a part of him he wasn’t use to feeling at all. It was…brotherly, it was truly something that brothers did. Out of everything they had done together, that had been the truest sibling activity of them all.

Inuyasha was still a teen after all, he obviously still had a rambunctious side to him.

Of course he was also a needy teen….so Sesshomaru really should have seen the end result coming.

At first he had thought that Inuyasha had chosen to kiss him, perhaps out of curiosity, Sesshomaru hadn’t been sure. But he had to admit that a willing kiss from Inuyasha held great appeal to him, so he had returned it.

But he had seen the lingering crimson floating in his little brother’s iris’s…Inuyasha’s youkai had pushed again, and the boy had such thin control.

It had been rather cute however, Inuyasha’s fluster, yet something else had spooked the boy, something Sesshomaru himself had done. He wasn’t quite sure what that might have been though, all he really had done was push himself up to look at the boy.

After all…Inuyasha had jumped off of him as if he was on fire…it did not seem unreasonable that he might give the hanyou a look.

He did admit he had been a bit put off. Inuyasha had gotten him all worked up physically and then added a touch of something intimate.

He was not completely out of bounds to be at least a little expectant….

He had thought about being a little….encouraging, he had unmet needs as well after all, but Inuyasha’s true desires were unknown to him. It was one thing to be desired…and another to be a warm body.

He could not used Inuyasha’s youkai’s actions as any indication either, according to Inuyasha himself, and various other reports, the damn thing responded to nearly everyone it found attractive.

Sesshomaru was no fool, he had been a teen once, with the last bursts of adolescent hormones coursing through him.

It was simple really, Inuyasha was horny…and his youkai was then pushing for fulfillment.

Of course if Inuyasha thought that was bad….Sesshomaru could only wonder what would happen when he felt the full impact of mating season and went into his first heat.

Sesshomaru shivered. He did not even want to think about it.

Of course Inuyasha’s hanyou nature could prevent him from feeling the full force of it, in fact the boy might not go into heat at all. But Sesshomaru was not so lucky…and now he was marked.

He wasn’t going to think about it. Maybe later….

Still…what really confused Sesshomaru was how Inuyasha’s youkai seemed to ignore their mark…or perhaps….it was trying to provoke Sesshomaru?
It was hard to say. So far Inuyasha’s youkai had basically treated him as a warm body when it came right down to it. Sesshomaru did not like that, his own youkai REALLY did not like that…and Sesshomaru himself was concerned of what might happen if their two other halves met once more.

It could lead to another rutting….or more then likely it would lead to a fight for dominance…with them left to do clean up.

Sesshomaru rubbed at his temple, even as Inuyasha’s guardian, which he was, he was not exactly responsible for Inuyasha’s sexual development.

“Although I do suppose I need to have a talk with him about it.” Sesshomaru mused. His Father had done the same with him….as awkward as it had been for Inu-Taisho. But when to have it? It seemed like yet another piece for the “later” category.

But…Inuyasha seemed truly confused, and a little frightened, by his emerging sexuality. Not surprisingly Inuyasha had probably always assumed he would be like a human in that regard, and all he had to go by was human information.

But demons, all demons, were passionate. Not always for sex, it could be anything that set a part of them aflame. Sesshomaru himself was no different, which was yet another reason he had developed the iron control that he had.

A smile tugged at his lips. Raw, unrestrained Sesshomaru…he could only imagine how Inuyasha would react if he truly let himself go.

Sesshomaru debated on entering Inuyasha’s bath and having a little bit of revenge but as he was fairly sure Inuyasha had not dipped down to taste him for reasons of a teasing intent…he would let it go.

For now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“ ;What the hell is wrong with you!?” Inuyasha roared at his youkai as he fled. It hurt his pride to admit, but that was what he was doing…running away.

“Oh come on….” Inu-youkai chided. “It was perfect…how could I not?”

Inuyasha turned another corner, ignoring the stares he received as he struggled to remember where the hell the damn bath was.

“I didn’t want that!” Inuyasha snapped. “You always butt in and fuck up everything now that I can hear you.”

“Hey…”
Inu-youkai muttered, sounding hurt. “His lips were right there, and he tastes good. What did you want me to do?”

Inuyasha growled as he reached a dead end. He had gone the wrong way after all. Damn it.

“Nothing! I wanted you to do nothing!!” Inuyasha declared. “Just go back to being quiet. You were less of a fucking pain when all I had to worry about was you breaking free and killing people….oh and eroding the human part of my soul…can’t forget that.”

Inuyasha turned around and stomped back the way he came, left turn this time.

“That’s not fair. Its not my fault that every time you let me out, let me help at all, was when we were about to die.” Inu-youkai protested. “I did what I had to do…and I would do it again. Humans talk a lot…but you know what really gets the job done? Unrelenting force. I am what I am….and I do what I do. If you think I’m evil…well fuck look in the mirror friend…I’m you through and through.”

Inuyasha thought he could smell water, so he had to be getting close. A relaxing soak…maybe that would help clear his head.

“Yeah well…locking lips with our fucking brother when I’m trying to do something is totally different from helping.” Inuyasha declared. “And I never said you were evil…fucking crazy…but not evil.”

“Well you never take initiative!”
Inu-youkai complained. “And I didn’t hear him complaining now did I?”

That was what scared him.

When Sesshomaru had pushed himself up to look at Inuyasha he had not looked angry, he had not yelled, he didn’t ask Inuyasha what the hell he was doing. If anything….he looked raring to go…and the way his bottom lip had stuck out slight had almost made it look like he was pouting.

A sexy pout.

Which wasn’t possible. He was Sess-fucking-homaru, and Sess-fucking-homaru didn’t pout.

Inuyasha shook his head. What was going on? Why…why wasn’t Sesshomaru…being Sesshomaru? Why didn’t Sesshomaru stop him? Push him away? Something…anything!
And Sesshomaru had kissed him back, caressed his face. Plus Inuyasha had clearly felt Sesshomaru relax into him, not just allowing but…almost inviting.
Why?

Inuyasha breathing sped up as he reached the central bath, slamming the door shut behind him.

When they had had sex it had been a bizarre accident, and last night they were drunk. But Inuyasha couldn’t explain away the night in the tree…although it had been Sesshomaru’s youkai, or when Sesshomaru had kissed him in his bath back in the Western castle.

That was right! Sesshomaru had kissed him! Him!

He had not thought about it before, but he hadn’t done a thing that time.

They seriously needed to talk about this, but they SO didn’t need to be talking about this. Because talking almost always made Inuyasha’s head hurt…

Inuyasha’s bath turned out to be anything but relaxing, he had to keep on eye on the door to the bath just to sooth his own nerves. He kept expecting Sesshomaru to sneak in and…molest him or something.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inu yasha shook his head vigorously as he worked a towel over his head. He had slipped when he had been getting out and now his ears were FULL of water.

He hated having water in his ears, it hurt, it was hard to get out, and it made him practically deaf.

The bath had done nothing for his mind, and he really needed to get all the Sesshomaru junk out of his head, he needed to focus. Fortunately he should have at least an hour before the stupid meeting. He was pretty sure he clear his head by then and-

“Inuyasha.”

“Holy hell!!!” Inuyasha screamed, completely caught off guard by the voice behind him.

Inuyasha spun around and slipped in one of the puddles of water at his feet, the force of his spin sent him tumbling to the floor rather painfully.

He ended up on his back with his legs slightly draw up and wide open…with Sesshomaru staring down at him. The elder Inu looked amused, and Inuyasha himself was anything but.

“The hell are you doing?!” Inuyasha barked.

“I assumed that you knew that I had arrived. I did nothing to hide my footsteps, nor anything to silence the door.” Sesshomaru said.

“I’ve got water in my ears you prick!” Inuyasha snapped.

Then he remembered that he was naked…and wet….and Sesshomaru had eyes.

Inuyasha slammed his legs shut so fast he nearly squished himself and quickly covered his groin with his hands….he had thrown his towel into the bath.

“Don’t stare at me you perv!” Inuyasha growled. Sesshomaru simply quirked an eyebrow.

“You mean that you were not displaying yourself for my benefit?”

Inuyasha’s jaw dropped and he felt his face flush.

“O-Of course not!”

Sesshomaru turned and set a neatly stacked pile of clothing on one of the tables, and a pair of boots on the chair beside it.

“This is your attire. Dry yourself and put them on.” Sesshomaru ordered.

“Sure…no problem. Just as soon as you leave.” Inuyasha replied, his stomach feeling light and not liking it one bit. “And then I want some time to myself.”

“I am afraid that is not possible.” Sesshomaru stated.

“And why not?” Inuyasha asked, feeling grumpier by the second.

“Because our trial begins in seven minutes.” Sesshomaru answered.

“What?!?” Inuyasha screeched. “But, but there should be plenty of time left!”
He couldn’t do it now! It was a joke, it had to be. Sesshomaru was getting back at him…

“There might have been…” Sesshomaru responded. “But a certain someone felt the need to jump on me…for over an hour and fifteen minutes.”

Oh son of a bitch. Why did EVERYTHING have to come back to bite him in the ass? Did he have a target on him? A bite here sign?

“Now if you would kindly get up off of the floor before you become chilled, dry off, and get dressed so that I may do your hair.” Sesshomaru murmured gently.

His hair? What did Sesshomaru want to do with his hair? Oh and he really didn’t want Sesshomaru touching him right now…it was way to soon after their…episode.

“You’re a Lord. You don’t do….things like that.” Inuyasha insisted, trying to use Sesshomaru’s ego, yet was unable to think of a better way to word it. Sesshomaru just gave him a flat look.

“I do when it is my younger brother…and I WISH to.” Sesshomaru responded. “I thought you would approve. But you do have a choice, either accept the aid of this Sesshomaru…or that of your attendants.”

Inuyasha stood slowly, doing the best he could to keep himself hidden. But at the reminder of those wicked women, and their smothering boobs, made his lip curl.

“Hell no! I don’t want those banshees touching me ever again!” Inuyasha declared.

“Well then, I will be the one to touch you.” Sesshomaru purred, but Inuyasha shook his head.

Just the way Sesshomaru said that made his insides hot, and a something inside of him, not his youkai, but something else screamed. “Yes! Touch me! Touch me!”

He had far too much Sesshomaru confusion inside of him right now to allow Sesshomaru to be so close.

Sesshomaru let out an exasperated sigh.

“It is either me or those -banshees- Inuyasha. There are no other choices….and you are eating up more of our time.”

Before Inuyasha could reply Sesshomaru grabbed a towel off of the wall and began to robustly dry him off. Inuyasha held his breath and refused to move even a muscle.

But Sesshomaru did nothing more then remove the water from his skin, though Inuyasha could not hold in the squeak that slid past his lips when Sesshomaru’s towel covered hand reached his male parts. It was gentle, and did not linger…but it was still touching.

However as gentle and quick as it was Inuyasha still got a flash of Sesshomaru’s fingers curling around to stroke him while he bit down on the back of his neck in his mind. It was enough to make his knee’s weak and draw another small sound out of him.

“I apologize if I hurt you.” Sesshomaru whispered. Inuyasha shook his head, not trusting his voice.

“God damn it…would you stop!” Inuyasha screamed at his youkai.

“Why are you blaming me?! Not everything comes from me damn it!” It shot back.

Before Inuyasha knew it he felt think, heavy cloth being laid across his shoulders. It took him a minute to figure out what was going on, but by that time Sesshomaru was already guiding his arms through the sleeves.

His pride balked of course, Sesshomaru dressing him like a child, but he felt so….soft was the only word he could think of, that he did not argue. There was something inside of him that said that Sesshomaru had the right to touch him, the right to do this…and he shouldn’t argue.

Why did he feel like this? He wanted to lean back into Sesshomaru, to be held.

He wanted….attention.

And just when did Sesshomaru’s scent become so thick and heady? It was like Inuyasha couldn’t get it out of his nose…it wasn’t like this earlier.

As it turned out whatever Sesshomaru had brought him was rather fancy. With more ties and other junk then he was used to having on him, and not only that but apparently the knots themselves were important as Sesshomaru was very methodical with them, adjusting and tightening, he even redid one three times. Inuyasha said something as Sesshomaru instructed him to hold here, pull there, and so on and so forth.

He was actually a little impressed that Sesshomaru could do so much with only one arm.

“Though I suppose you’d learn.” Inuyasha muttered distantly.

“Learn what little brother?” Sesshomaru asked, never ceasing in his task. Inuyasha just shook his head, he had not meant to say anything.

Sesshomaru waited a moment for a reply, but when none came he didn’t seem to mind.

The demon Lord’s hand suddenly went down the back of Inuyasha’s neck, and into his top. It lightly trailed down Inuyasha’s spin, making him both jump and shiver. Sesshomaru caught a hold of the strands of Inuyasha’s hair that was back there and pulled it up and out.

It felt good, way too good.

Sesshomaru’s hand massaged at the back of his neck, drawing a pleased rumble out of him.

“You are very quiet all of the sudden. Is something wrong?” Sesshomaru asked.

“No.” Inuyasha whispered, though not entirely sure that was a true statement.
Sesshomaru’s scent, the heat of his body, the strength in his hand. It was all so…so….he didn’t even know the word but it was there…and it was affecting him.

Sesshomaru reached over Inuyasha’s shoulder to adjust something on his front and as he did his cheek brushed against Inuyasha’s own. Inuyasha made a small, soft noise and his head tilted to the side, expose his pulse to Sesshomaru.

He didn’t know why, it was dangerous to expose his neck like that and he knew it, but…he did it anyway. He didn’t understand any of this, what he was feeling or why.

It scared him….and it just kept happening lately.

He wanted Sesshomaru to touch him…that he knew. He just didn’t know where, how, or why.

Sesshomaru paused as he drew back, his lips hovering over Inuyasha. The hanyou could feel his warm breath, and again he shivered.

He almost pushed up, perhaps subconciesly trying to express this unknown desire. But he felt himself twitch, hardening slightly. The embarrassment of it, the feeling of panic that it brought snapped him back.

“Oh gods…please don’t let him notice.” Inuyasha thought. He heard Sesshomaru pull in a sharp breath though his nose, but then he was gone.

Inuyasha was relieved for a moment, right up until he realized what Sesshomaru was doing.

He was getting the pants.

Inuyasha turned to face his older brother, and held his hand out.

“Uh…I-I can do that.” He fumbled.
Sesshomaru’s eyes flicked down, and for whatever reason that actually made him a littler harder.

It also made his face much redder.

But Sesshomaru did not hand the article of clothing over to Inuyasha as he wished. Instead he took a step forward and knelt.

Which put….

The imagine of Sesshomaru’s tongue lapping at him last night ran though Inuyasha’s mind and he closed his eyes against it. Even with all of his will focused on suppressing it however a needy sound spilled past his lips. Eyes snapping open wide Inuyasha brother both hands up, clamping them over his mouth with a loud slap.

What the hell was wrong with him?! And why was it STILL wrong with him?! Why was he feeling like this? And more importantly why had he started feeling like this in the first place? He had lost track of how many times he had asked himself those questions….and yet he was no closer to answers.

“Lift your leg Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru ordered gently. Inuyasha obeyed, and felt something soft slide over his foot. “Now the other.” He did.

Soon Sesshomaru was rising and Inuyasha could feel cloth sliding up his legs. Before long the demanding, embarrassing part of him was safely tucked away. Which made him feel better…though oddly frustrated.

Still…why wasn’t Sesshomaru saying anything? Surely he must have noticed…hell he had been right there!

Or maybe…maybe Sesshomaru didn’t think of him like that, maybe he was a little disgusted and merely tolerating Inuyasha’s fucked up-ness. Maybe it all really had been a series of fucked up accidents.

But that didn’t explain what was going on with HIM.

Inuyasha groaned, so confused his head hurt.

“Can you rip off my head and get me a new one?” Inuyasha asked, half serious. Sesshomaru chuckled as he secured the ties at Inuyasha’s waist.

“My apologies, we are rather short of Inuyasha heads in the West. I will see about an import though.” Sesshomaru replied as he ran something else around Inuyasha’s waist before tying it.

Inuyasha snorted and as he moved his hand back it met with the pommel of his sword. Inuyasha realized with a start that he had left Tetsusaiga with Sesshomaru.

“I left…” Inuyasha whispered, panicking slightly. Now he KNEW his mind had to be going.

“And I returned.” Sesshomaru reported.

“That’s bad.” Inuyasha said. “I can’t be forgetting things like that.”

“I look at it as a good sign.” Sesshomaru stated. “It shows trust. I thank you for believing in me.”

Inuyasha blinked. Didn’t Sesshomaru hear him? He did not do it on purpose and would not have done it if he had been thinking.

He was willing to wait and see what Sesshomaru would do, but he could not afford to risk his Fang.
Abruptly Inuyasha found himself being turned around and then Sesshomaru’s fingers were in his hair. There were tugs here and there, but Sesshomaru’s fingers felt good against his scalp.

He leaned back, wanting to press into Sesshomaru, but the older Inu took a step back himself. Inuyasha nearly stumbled as he took over supporting himself once more. Sesshomaru did not say a word, he just continued with whatever he was doing.

Now both Inuyasha and his pain in the ass youkai were confused. Why was Sesshomaru suddenly being so distant? It made Inuyasha feel even more off balance, it had not been easy to comprehend that Sesshomaru might just…want him. But it was something….now he wasn’t sure if he was on the right track or not.

He felt a little…hurt, and didn’t know why.

“Do I…want him to want me?” Inuyasha asked himself.

No…that was stupid. He had always wanted Sesshomaru’s attention, not like that though, so clearly it was his insane youkai twisting his very normal with for a brother.

“Hey damn it! Don’t be blaming me!” Inu-youkai groused.

Soon Sesshomaru was finished with whatever he was doing, and walked around to the front of Inuyasha. He reached up and pulled a section of Inuyasha’s bangs forward on each side of his face. Sesshomaru hummed pleasantly in his throat as he took at step back to admire his handiwork.

“Yes…I think that will do quite nicely.” Sesshomaru muttered. Inuyasha blinked and just stared at his sibling. What would do?

Apparently seeing his confusion Sesshomaru smiled and took him by the shoulder. Sesshomaru led him over to something and Inuyasha found himself staring at some regal figure with a frown.

His outfit looked exactly like what Sesshomaru normally wore, sans armor. Though where Sesshomaru’s clothing was red, his was a rich purple. His hair was a sparkling sliver, a fair cry from Inuyasha’s own dull hair, and was pulled up high on the back of his head, hanging down in a intricate braid.

It was a young face staring at him, framed on both sides by a thick strip of bangs. He looked damn aggressive, both from the hair and the sword at his hip. Hell…even the belt that held his blade looked fancy…nothing like Inuyasha’s simple rope.

Inuyasha frowned and tilted his head to the side…and so did the new guy. He was about to get pissed when he suddenly realized that he recognized the eyes.

He was looking at himself!

Reaching out Inuyasha touched the mirror, half expecting his fingers to touch another’s, but his fingertips only met with the cool surface of the glass.

“I had thought of adding a bit of makeup to highlight around your eyes.” Sesshomaru said. “But I do not think that you would be able to hold still.”

Inuyasha didn’t know what to say…he had never seen himself look like this.

“Why…why the hair?” Inuyasha asked slowly. Sesshomaru lightly traced his fingertips along the braid, the bottom of which gently bumped against his kidneys.

“Father would often wear his own hair in this style.” Sesshomaru explained. “I will admit I wanted to see how you would look. You look very much like him…younger, much younger, but the resemblance in uncanny. Simply remove the markings, add these little puppy ears and you have a teenage Inu-Taisho.”

Inuyasha heart swelled up in that instant.

“I…I really look like Father?”

“Indeed you do.” Sesshomaru whispered, rubbing Inuyasha’s back as he leaned in to lay a soft kiss upon the hanyou’s temple. “I am almost jealous.”

Inuyasha wasn’t totally sure of what to say to that, but he was aware of how close Sesshomaru was to him, almost uncomfortably aware, and tried to distance himself a bit.

“It makes my ears stick out even more…” Inuyasha grumbled, flicking them in annoyance.

“Yes…but that is not such a bad thing.” Sesshomaru stated as he rubbed the left one gently. The feeling made Inuyasha’s knee’s weak. He was surprised at how good it felt for Sesshomaru to touch them, especially considering how Kagome and her mother tended to brutalize them whether they realized it or not. But it was as if Sesshomaru…knew just how to do it.

“Why do the clothes look like yours?” Inuyasha asked.

“A simple show of unity…and I wished to see you in something proper.” Sesshomaru explained.

“Then why the different color?” Inuyasha wondered aloud.

“I did not wish for anyone to get the idea that it was simply plundered from my own attire. Also I have seen you in red for so long…I wished something new. It suits you well.” Sesshomaru answered.

Inuyasha didn’t know about any of that, but the clothes were snug, and soft, always a plus in his book.

“Now all that is left are your boots.” Sesshomaru said, gesturing to the pair on the chair. Inuyasha’s ears flattened, he didn’t like the last pair, and now there were more?

“Do I have to?” Inuyasha whined. Sesshomaru rubbed his shoulder gently.

“Yes you have to.” Sesshomaru replied. “It will not kill you.”

Inuyasha grumbled to himself as he stalked over to the offending footwear.

“How do you know?” Inuyasha quipped as the pulled them onto his feet. “They could be cursed, and suck out my soul. Or maybe alive and bite my feet off so I bleed to death.”
Sesshomaru chuckled dryly.

“That is a risk that I am willing to take.”

Once they were on Inuyasha wiggled his toes inside the boots. At least they were not as tight as the last pair. Sesshomaru gave Inuyasha an appraising look from top to bottom, before nodding to himself. “Come then little brother.” Sesshomaru said as he made his way to the door.

“You have to touch us first.” Inu-youkai cooed.

“Shut up!” Inuyasha snapped in his head.

Out loud he asked.

“We’re going now?”
He really did not like how shaky his voice sounded, but it was too late to take it back now. Sesshomaru did not answer until Inuyasha was out in the hall with him.

“Yes, but do not worry.” Sesshomaru replied. “You need not be so nervous, you can do this.”
Even as Sesshomaru said it Inuyasha wasn’t sure he believed him. As a matter of fact the words made Inuyasha feel even more nervous. He was already so off balance as it was, not to mention being pulled in all directions by the various problems inside of him, and now…he was going to have to go completely out of his element.

What if he screwed this up? Sesshomaru had already said that this could lead to a war, a REAL war, and that made Inuyasha queasy.

He didn’t like having so much pressure on himself. He was used to being responsible for himself alone, and had only just begun to adjust to being responsible for five others. But how many people were in the West? Innocent people….

How many people would be affected by what he was about to say and do? He had lost his mother when he was young, what if he said something that cost some other child their own parents?

The more he thought about it the more -what ifs- started to spring up in his mind. It was enough to make him start to panic slightly.
Drawing himself out of his own mind Inuyasha found himself staring at the same door from before. Apparently Sesshomaru had led him to it while he was off in his own world.
Ass.

“I don’t think I can do this.” Inuyasha whispered urgently.

“You will do fine.” Sesshomaru reassured. “Just remember what I have said, stick to the truth…and trust me.”

Sesshomaru unlocked the door, and it opened, sounding and looking so very ominous to Inuyasha himself. Sesshomaru put his hand on Inuyasha’s back, and tried to push him forward, but Inuyasha planted his feet.

“I don’t know how to do this! I don’t know what to do!” Inuyasha spat, keeping his voice soft but harsh. Sesshomaru smiled gently.

“Yes you do. You are our Father’s son, my young brother, this is in your blood.”

Inuyasha scowled.

“What does that have to do with anything? Cause let me tell you…my blood isn’t giving me any god damn hints here.” Inuyasha snarled. “I can’t be you Sesshomaru.”

“Try, do the best that you can…and I will do mine.” Sesshomaru said.

This time when Sesshomaru pushed Inuyasha went through, his mind racing furiously. Be Sesshomaru? How the hell was he going to do that?
Besides…which Sesshomaru? The cold hearted bastard? The new…nicey Sesshomaru? The confusing, molesting ass Sesshomaru?

“Father….if you can hear me old man…I could really use some help here.” Inuyasha thought.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sessh omaru was rather annoyed to find out that they were the only ones on time, but that was fine, he could use the extra time to calm Inuyasha further. The poor hanyou seemed so out of sorts, and to be perfectly honest the scents and signals he had been picking up off of Inuyasha were confusing even him.

It had been amusing, startling Inuyasha in the bath, though he had not really meant to. But after that things had become…strange.

He had smelled Inuyasha’s arousal spike more then once, and Inuyasha had blatantly offered Sesshomaru his neck. As with the kiss Sesshomaru had a brief moment where he thought Inuyasha was attempting to engage in intimacy with him. Yet throughout all of it, the scent of confusion, and small traces of very real fear had hung heavy on the boy.

It was obvious now that Inuyasha did not understand what he was doing, or what he was feeling, and was disturbed by it. Inuyasha had perhaps instinctively been trying to seduce Sesshomaru, which was perfectly normal. Sesshomaru bore his mark, Sesshomaru was the only flesh other then his own that he had ever known.

Sesshomaru could see it for what it was, Inuyasha was a needy young male who desired attention. Yet…he would offer and then retract.

Even more curious was when Sesshomaru had not taken the flesh offered, as hard as that had been. He could feel Inuyasha become confused and upset…and then further confused at that.
He had watch Inuyasha hit a mental wall over and over, and could see how distressing it had been for the boy. Sesshomaru did admit, even if it made him feel guilty, that he had been pleased that Inuyasha’s body was starting to react to him without him even doing anything.

Normally he might have….indulged. But even as Inuyasha became aroused, he became upset.

Which was just all wrong, so he had kept his distance and instead focused on dressing his brother.

Each inviting signal had been followed by a rejecting one. He picked up a broadcast of -I do not want this- in Inuyasha’s stance and scent. Yet at the same time he had seen -Why won’t you touch me?- behind Inuyasha’s eyes.

If it was so confusing to Sesshomaru, then he could only imagine how his naïve little brother must have felt. But there was something else, a look that Inuyasha kept giving him.

His composure, his face, his scent, it all would change. Inuyasha’s seemingly unending confusion would be there yes, but also uncertainty and wariness.

Not only that but a faint blush would creep into Inuyasha’s cheeks. While the look was rather adorable, it really was shocking at just how adorable the four mouthed, ill tempered hanyou could be without even trying, it also seemed to be very troubling to his little brother.

What set it aside from the rest of Inuyasha’s troubled looks, Sesshomaru really needed to get Inuyasha’s life calm and steady, was his demeanor towards Sesshomaru himself.

Normally Inuyasha didn’t seem to have much of a problem with speaking his mind, and Sesshomaru was grateful that the hanyou was beginning to open up to him a little more. If it bothered Inuyasha, he tended to bring it up to Sesshomaru one way or another.

Mouth, fists, chair thrown at his head….Inuyasha was not shy if he was angered.

However with this Inuyasha seemed totally against approaching him. In fact whenever Inuyasha got that look about him, he either kept his distance or fled entirely.

Clearly it was something Sesshomaru was doing that was causing the issue, before of the life of him he could not determine what it was. He did not do anything strange, he had been nothing but kind…so what could it be?

A question for another time however, he could not afford to be distracted right now. Still….perhaps he and Inuyasha would have to talk sooner rather then later.

He and Inuyasha reached the table, and Sesshomaru nearly laughed at the look on Inuyasha’s face when he saw their seating arrangements. To show their unity Sesshomaru had decided that they should be as close as comfortably possible, being Inu siblings it was hardly unusual for them to touch. To that end chairs pushed together seemed both annoying and ultimately uncomfortable, so he got to thinking….why not a cushioned bench?

Also by putting Inuyasha not only next to him, but literally in the same seat, Sesshomaru hoped to show Inuyasha’s equality without even having to say a word.

“Okay…your ass is not that big.” Inuyasha whispered. To that Sesshomaru did chuckle.

“Which is precisely why you will be joining me.” He replied.

Inuyasha hesitantly seated himself, almost as if he thought he was going to be bitten on his behind as soon as he did, and tried to get as far to the side as he could.

Less then an hour ago Inuyasha had tasted him, jumped all over him, yet now he as shying away from contact?

Silly Puppy.

Sesshomaru sat himself as well, sliding right up against Inuyasha. The hanyou tensed and again Sesshomaru picked up light nervous fear on the boy.

As before Sesshomaru did not call attention to it, instead he just laid a gentle hand on Inuyasha’s thigh.

“Remember what I have told you, what we practices. My mind is on our task and my actions are for your benefit.” Sesshomaru said softly.

He did not want another misunderstanding as they had stumbled into the at the greeting….nor another Inuyasha hook to his belly.

Much to his satisfaction Inuyasha began to relax slowly, looking a bit relieved. Sesshomaru was not entirely sure why, but it worked…and that was about all he cared about at the moment.

Normally when Sesshomaru sat he would wind his tail around his waist a few times before draping it over his shoulder once more. It kept his lovely fur off of the floor and prevented him from accidentally sitting on it.

This time however he decided to use Inuyasha’s body instead. The hanyou jumped as Sesshomaru’s tail wound around his waist, his little brother shot him a perplexed look but Sesshomaru simply smiled.

Up his back and over Inuyasha’s shoulder Sesshomaru’s tail went, so that the tip was near the hanyou’s solar plexus. It was a simple gesture, but in a lot of ways a profound one.
Father had tended to do the same when he was younger and at diplomatic meetings. It showed not only claim, both protection and possession, but also trust and closeness. After all…he was basically giving Inuyasha a part of his body, that could be mangled or maimed, to hold on to.

Although still unsure Inuyasha ran his fingers though the fur at his chest. It felt rather pleasant…and as a plus gave Inuyasha something to do with his hands if he became nervous or angry.

Sesshomaru just hoped he would not become too aggressive….

Can you feel that?” Inuyasha asked.

“Yes.” Sesshomaru answered softly.

Their little moment was interrupted by the north and east doors opening. Both Coda and Enyon began to approach and Inuyasha tensed.

‘You can do this. I have faith in you.” Sesshomaru whispered. “Just remember what we went over.”

Inuyasha nodded slightly and took a deep breath though his nose and let it out slowly. Sesshomaru wished that he had had more time to prepare Inuyasha, there were going to be the firsts of many things for him today.

Enyon wore a bit of a sneer as he placed himself in his own seat. He probably did not like what he was seeing, though Sesshomaru had known he would look down on he and Inuyasha’s physical contact. Which was odd considering his race, but as far as Sesshomaru was concerned Enyon gave rats of all kinds a bad name.

Curiously Coda wore a distasteful look on his face as well, but his gaze was focused solely upon the hanyou.

“You are not Inu-Taisho.” Coda said. That was puzzling…what did Coda have against Inuyasha’s look?

“Never said I was.” Inuyasha responded. “But as far as looks go….there are worse people to take after.”

Good response, on that even had the corners of Coda’s mouth perking slightly.

“Yes well…we are not here to discuss the looks of the men at this table, past or present.” Enyon quipped. “We are here about the death, possible murder, of the Lady of the South Nefrume.”

Inuyasha tensed at the word murder, but thankfully said nothing.

“Let it be known that you Lord Sesshomaru, and the hanyou Inuyasha have been accused by the remaining members of Lady Nefrume’s guard of attacking her home and joining forces to assassinate her.” Enyon continued.

“And we all know they would never attempt to color events in their favor.” Sesshomaru interjected dryly.

“Which is why we are here.” Coda said. Enyon nodded, tilting his head in a consolatory gesture.

“Before we begin…have you anything to add?”

Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha, who shook his head no. Very well then…Sesshomaru would.

“Yes…if we are going to be so formal as to use our titles in the manner you have, then you will refer to my brother properly.” Sesshomaru remarked. Enyon’s lip twitched.

“So that there are no misunderstandings…that would be?” Enyon asked.

“He is junior Lord of the West. Thus his title is…Lord Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru replied.
Coda snorted faintly and Enyon did not look pleased either.

“Very well.”

Technically Inuyasha could also be considered a Prince, but Sesshomaru wanted to drill the point home, to Inuyasha especially. How could Inuyasha take up the responsibilities of a Lord, if he did not see himself as one?

Sesshomaru felt Inuyasha’s fingers stroking though his fur slowly and smiled inside.

“Then let us begin.” Coda declared.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inuy asha was…in a mild state of shock. To have Sesshomaru almost downright demand that Inuyasha have a title…but now really wasn’t the time to be all stunned.

“Your defense is?” Enyon asked. Defense…uh…shit….

“Nefrume assaulted and imprisoned my brother. I simply came to retrieve him, when Nefrume would not release my sibling, despite my warning, I resorted to force.” Sesshomaru answered, saving Inuyasha from having to speak.

“And why…” Enyon began, flicking his eyes towards Inuyasha. “Would she want him?” His tone was skeptical and implied that Inuyasha wasn’t worth anything.

“Go fuck yourself.” Inuyasha thought.

“It is no secret that the ruling family of the South has long held an interest in our bloodline. In fact Nefrume’s father approached my own when we were but children, offering his daughter as a mate to this Sesshomaru. My father refused obviously, though the details of this are unknown to me, I was far too young to be involved. However I believe that you, Coda, were there.”

The bear nodded.

“This is true, Nefrume’s Father, Pek was quite…excited about a union between the two, and very…upset at Inu-Taisho’s refusal.” Coda explained.

“Yes…and after Nefrume killed her father and assumed the throne, the idea was clearly still within her mind as she…propositioned this Sesshomaru many times. Even at this very table.” Sesshomaru continued.

She killed her dad? Damn….

Okay wait…think Sesshomaru…think Sesshomaru….

“Which I t-belive is a good…indicator of her own…character.” Inuyasha added, doing his best Sesshomaru impersonation. He didn’t know how well he could pull it off though…Sesshomaru had constantly thrown out big fucking words that he had never heard before.

His comment seemed to surprise Sesshomaru, and the other two set there eyes upon him. Inuyasha cursed, no he had their attention…just fucking great.
Sesshomaru did not shoot him a warning however…so he couldn’t have fucked up to badly…yet.

“How so?” Coda asked.

“Well…killing your own father? I cannot be the only one who finds that more then a little….” SHIT! What was the word?! Think hanyou! Think!

“Heinous.” Sesshomaru interjected as if finishing Inuyasha’s thought.
Thank gods…

Inuyasha nodded.

“I would say our father was right in his decision. I know it is an act that he would…frown upon. Certainly not something he would want near his son.” Inuyasha stated. “Granted yes, she had not perp…etrated the act just yet. But perhaps he could sense something of it within her.”

Sesshomaru’s lips quirked slightly.

“With this Sesshomaru refusing her time and time again, I can only imagine that she felt my brother Inuyasha would be an…easier target.”

Enyon leaned forward, his fingers interlaced in front of him.

“Why? If the West was a goal as you say.” Enyon put forth. “What good would he do?”
Sesshomaru sighed, that noise he made when he wanted to say you were stupid…Inuyasha knew, he had heard it many times in his life.

“The power in our blood was also a goal I believe, and if some….unfortunate fate befell me, my brother is next in line.” Sesshomaru explained slowly. Enyon scowled.

“So you say she wished to use your hanyou sibling as a door to your throne and bloodline?” Coda asked, to which Sesshomaru nodded.

“Bit of a stretch.” Enyon stated.

“I don’t think so.” Inuyasha said. “She had the history…of dark, hidden little plots.”

“That is quite an accusations.” Enyon said.

“Explain.” Coda added.

Crap….Inuyasha had been hoping Sesshomaru would take over, but it looked like he was going to have to.

“Well…I do hate to keep dragging up history. But with her father….well she had to of planned that.” Inuyasha responded.

“Her kind are a matriarchal people. The women generally rule.” Enyon stated. That was news to Inuyasha, but more power to them.

“That…may be. But I highly doubt it as a….” What was the word? Damn it he could totally use Kagome’s dictionary right about now. “spontaneous event. It is not as if she woke up one day and thought. Goodness…it is such a lovely day, the sun his shining, warm breeze is slipping though the air, the birds are singing such lovely songs…..I thing I’ll slit my father’s throat today.”

Sesshomaru gave his leg right above the knee a firm squeeze, the be careful sign.

“I believe she used her jaws.” Sesshomaru mused aloud. Inuyasha shivered, but he could see that was for his benefit.

“That basically sums it up then.” Inuyasha said. “It is perfectly fine to rule, especially if it was her right as you say. But why kill him? Could it not have been peaceful? He could not have stepped down? Or at the worst….exile perhaps? I believe that her actions show a ruthless desire, one where anything may be done, just as along as it gains her what she wants.”

Inuyasha was not sure if he had worded that right, but he fell silent. He did not want to overplay himself….not to mention his tongue was a little sore from tripping over word. He wasn’t used to talking proper…and diffinately not this much of it. Hell…he could remember a time when it would be months before he spoke to another person.

Enyon looked as if he had swallowed something bitter and was trying to hide it, while Coda simply looked contemplative.

“Perhaps it is time to go to the beginning.” Coda suggested. “The past aside, how did this situation begin?”

Well how the fuck did he know? He had not even known who the hell she was before she had…..wait a minute.

“Some time ago while I was out patrolling my lands, something strange occurred.” Sesshomaru began. “I was approached by none other then Lady Nefrume, quite odd considering I had forbidden her from entering my lands quite some time ago. I demanded to know why she had entered without my permission and why. Once again she pointed out my lack of a mate, and when I rebuked her she became angry. She seemed to attempt to rein it in as she then brought up my brother, mentioning the fact that he had recently come of age.”

He had? Why the hell didn’t anyone tell him this shit? Seriously? More importantly how the hell did she know something that he didn’t? Was somebody spying on him?

“It did not take much to realize her aim. I forbade her from meeting my sibling, and made if very clear that I would never give my blessing to such a mating.” Sesshomaru continued. “As is my right as Inuyasha’s guardian. She became angry once again, and threatened me. I believe her words were, to watch myself as I am not as untouchable as I seem to think. With that…she left, and I did not have her within my presence again until the day within her castle.”

“She came to you alone?” Enyon asked. Sesshomaru nodded. “Odd I think. Someone of her stature without her guard.”

Even Inuyasha could see that Enyon was suggesting Sesshomaru was lying. He also knew Sesshomaru HATED being called a liar, and wondered what Sesshomaru would come back with.

“As she wished to enter my lands undetected, knowing quite well that she was unwelcome…of course she would come alone.” Sesshomaru stated. “It is rather difficult to achieve stealth with a host of men.”
Again Sesshomaru had that bored -I’m explaining something beyond simple to a simpleton- tone in his voice. Did he practice that? Inuyasha could almost picture Sesshomaru in front of a mirror doing just that…that and his patented -I’m going to kill you- stare.

“And just how did you come into contact with Nefrume?” Coda asked Inuyasha, snapping him out of his Sesshomaru contemplations. Inuyasha had to stop himself from saying -Well…uh-

Clearing his throat Inuyasha tried to look dignified as he scrambled to gather up his thoughts. How the hell had he met her anyway? He almost couldn’t remember. Crap….if he said he couldn’t’ remember Sesshomaru himself would probably smack him….

“I had not been engaging in anything in particular.” Inuyasha said, translation…I was sitting on my ass. “I believe I was resting after a rather exhausting excursion.” He did a little internal happy dance over being able to say that, though his head was starting to hurt from all of this.

It wasn’t easy, but he thought he managed to tell his side of the story rather well. He told about how she had come to him, how things seemed fine at first. Then about how she had attempted to stir the shit up between he and Sesshomaru, cause strife between them Sesshomaru had supplied for him.

Though he edited up their time on the cliffs, leaving out how they had argued, how they really had fought, and he damn sure did not mention about how they had fucked.

Something told him that those facts were not in their best interests.

He told about how she had returned to him a while after when he was bathing, and could have sworn he heard Sesshomaru growl faintly, and the invite to her home.

He spoke of the uneasy vibe she had given him, and about the thin little spikes that had laid him out minutes after he had politely informed her of his wish to leave.

He told it all, well minus the really personal parts, and did so in the most Sesshomaru-like way he could.

By the time he had finished recounting the events of her death his head was pounding and he had become rather tired. And he was getting really close to telling someone to shut the fuck up, drawing his sword and going happy-slashy on somebody’s ass.

That would be so much easier….

“An interesting tale.” Enyon said once Inuyasha had finished, though his tone said he thought Inuyasha was full of shit.

“Indeed.” Coda muttered, and Inuyasha had no idea what he was thinking.

“I am quite curious about one thing Sesshomaru.” Enyon said, earning an expectant look from Inuyasha’s elder brother. “You say that you came to your brother’s aid when you discovered he was in need off it. But I must ask…just how did you come to know that?”
Actually….that was a damn good question. One Inuyasha wanted to know himself. As far as he knew Sesshomaru just showed up….granted Sesshomaru seemed to have that power. One minute everything was fine and dandy and then BAMF! Sesshomaru was there.

“My brother and I share a bond. One of blood and spirit.” Sesshomaru answered.

They did? Well…they were brothers but he had never gotten any…blood…spirit messages internally from Sesshomaru. Some plain old bloody ones yes….but nothing special.

“He means our mating marks.” Inu-youkai informed.

Oh…that.

“I see.” Enyon muttered. Inuyasha fought not to rub at his eyes. They had been here for hours now, and it was getting late. How much longer was this going to take?

“I acted accordingly, it was within my right to take her life for her actions, and Inuyasha also had the right to retribution for her assault upon his person, and subsequent imprisonment.” Sesshomaru suddenly said. “I believe this is a rather simple matter to clear up, as…unprecedented as it is.”

“I disagree.” Enyon stated. “We are speaking of the death of one of the rulers of the four lands. Such a thing must not be taken lightly or rushed. The south cries out for justice and it is up to us to see whether or not it is warranted.”
Sesshomaru did not seem surprised in the least that Enyon disagreed with him. So Inuyasha didn’t worry to much about it.

“That is of course your prerogative. However I swear to you, on my name and on my Father’s that what we have said is true.” Sesshomaru vowed.

Inuyasha started to open his mouth, if Sesshomaru could swear…so could he, he had not lied…omitted a few details yes, but not lied.

But Sesshomaru’s claws gently pressed into Inuyasha’s thigh, telling him to shut up. Well…Sesshomaru had actually said it meant that it would be best if he was silent. Which sure sounded like a fancy way to say, shut the fuck up, to Inuyasha.

As Sesshomaru spoke he turned his eyes towards Coda. The large bear rubbed at his lips thoughtfully.

“If what you say is true then yes, what you have done was perfectly within your rights.” Coda rumbled as he leaned over the table. Inuyasha could almost feel a triumphant surge within Sesshomaru, and it made him hopeful. Coda flicked eyes big brown eyes up at Sesshomaru. “That is of course…if what you say IS true.”

Sesshomaru stiffened, his tail tightening around Inuyasha. That surprised him…Sesshomaru had not been expecting that.
Inuyasha didn’t like that…Sesshomaru had been on the ball all night, and if he went off track…well Inuyasha wasn’t sure he himself could right it.

Probably not…his well was about dry.

“Well then…perhaps we should retire for the night, and resume tomorrow.” Sesshomaru suggested.

Enyon looked as if he was about to argue, no shock there…Inuyasha could tell that he and Sesshomaru did NOT get along, but Coda nodded and spoke.

“I agree, it has become rather late.”

Sesshomaru’s tail unwound from around his waist, and the older Inu stood. Wordlessly Sesshomaru headed straight for their door, and Inuyasha followed.

Once they were back on their side Inuyasha turned to Sesshomaru.

“Alright…what just happened?” He asked. Sesshomaru actually looked a bit worried, which did nothing to sooth Inuyasha’s nerves.

“Coda is my friend, our father’s before that.” Sesshomaru replied. “I…never expect him to doubt me…to doubt my word. It…concerns me.”

“Are we in trouble?” Inuyasha asked.

“I do not know.” Sesshomaru admitted.

Well…that was just great.

“Either way…you did very well little brother.” Sesshomaru said. “A few slip ups yes, but you represented yourself well.”

The praise made Inuyasha feel a little giddy, which in turn made him feel stupid…so he pushed it aside.

“So…are we done for today?” Inuyasha wanted to know.

“Yes, you may have the rest of the night to yourself.”

Inuyasha had a boatload of questions, about the situation, Sesshomaru wrapping his tail around him…and all that. But two other needs were poking at him harder.

“Good…then I’m going to get myself some fucking food, then I’m going to drag my tired fucking ass to the fucking bed.” Inuyasha swore. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and sighed.

“And you were doing so well.”

“Yeah well…I couldn’t take it anymore.” Inuyasha said with a grin before he turned around and sauntered off. “Its my favorite word you know.” Inuyasha called back.

Sesshomaru shook his head.

“Brat.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Sesshomaru leaned back against the cool stone of the wall, pulling his hair to the side to open his sore neck to it.

He was confused, and a bit upset then he let on. If anyone should have known that his word and vow were unbreakable…it was Coda. Yet he had dismissed it, and to be honest Sesshomaru felt more then a little insulted.

He could not imagine actually warring with the North…but stranger things had happened recently.

Pushing himself away from the wall Sesshomaru wondered how he might spend his time. He wanted another chat with his little brother…but if all the boy wanted was food and rest well….Sesshomaru could not say that he had not earned it.

Inuyasha had preformed admirably, better then Sesshomaru could have expected. He had clearly struggled, but he had also listened, and come forth with a good point or two.

As Sesshomaru pondered what he himself might do he was drawn out by a servant approaching him.

“Yes? What is it?” Sesshomaru asked sternly, stopping the young man before he could even open his mouth.

“Uhh….w-well…my-my Lord….it…it is Lord Coda…he-he is at th-the junction. He wishes to s-speak to-to you.” The servant forced out. Sesshomaru nodded dismissively, and cracked his knuckles out of habit.

Coda hmm? Just what did the bear want now?
Sesshomaru’s feet became to move without him realizing it. Yes…he was quite interested in an explanation from his old friend.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Coda was alone when Sesshomaru arrived. He was clad for comfort, neither armor nor weapons upon his person. Sesshomaru nodded at the demon bear as he approached.

“Thank you for coming Sesshomaru.” Coda said.

“Yes well…I find myself curious as to what you have to say Coda, and why you suddenly doubt my word.” Sesshomaru half snarled, forgoing any sort of friendly greeting.

Coda winced slightly.

“It is no secret, the animosity between you two.” Coda began.

“If I wanted her dead badly enough to involve myself…would I really be so blatantly obvious about it?” Sesshomaru spat. “Use your head. She took my brother after I had forbidden contact. She would not release him…so I took what is mine.”

Coda crossed his arms and sighed.

“I believe that.” Coda admitted, puzzling Sesshomaru. “But I must question the specifics.”
Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed, but before he could reply Coda spoke again.

“Why is he hear Sesshomaru?”

“Why is who hear Coda?” Sesshomaru countered.

“The hanyou.” Coda growled.

“He was involved obviously.” Sesshomaru answered.

“Perhaps…by why all the tricks? Dressing him up, the same seating, holding him as you did.” Coda wondered. “Though I must respect your control for even being able to touch him. But we both know how you feel about him, about his mother.”
Sesshomaru cursed internally, was that why Coda had extended all of this? To ask about Inuyasha?

“The past is just that.” Sesshomaru stated.
Coda gave him sympathetic eyes.

“I do not blame you. The things the two of them cost you are irreplaceable.” Coda said. “But why the farce now? I can hardly see how he could force you into this…but it is the only explanation I can think of for his appearance here.”

“How would his word mean anything if I present him as a lesser?” Sesshomaru replied, ignoring Coda’s foolish comment. Yes Inuyasha had clearlyblackmailed him into this….when had Coda’s brain failed?

He felt uneasy all of a sudden, something that had never happened before with Coda. For the first time in his life he felt he should be cautious with the bear. Coda himself sighed once more.

“His word means nothing either way.” Coda informed. “Not that it matters.”
Sesshomaru tensed slightly, before he brushed it off. Coda’s words offended him greatly. He had lent his word to Inuyasha, to dismiss Inuyasha was to dismiss Sesshomaru himself.

And Sesshomaru did not like being dismissed.

“How so?” Sesshomaru asked softly. Coda looked away as he leaned back against a support pillar.

“Enyon did not lie. The South is well and truly in an uproar. Nefrume had not portrayed you….kindly to her people to say the least.”

“Yes, yes. I know all about her tales of my callous actions, of breaking her heart, misleading her with my lies, my so called promises.” Sesshomaru huffed. “But what does that have to do with my sibling?”

“Someone must be punished Sesshomaru.” Coda stressed. “Or the South WILL march upon you, and if they do then so will Enyon. He will not pass up a chance to strike at you. He can no longer achieve his desires for your Father or your Grandmother. You are the last link, he will not risk his so called revenge again.”

“That could be prevented with your support Coda.” Sesshomaru stated. “You know my word is true, I am not a liar…and I am offended that you dare suggest such a thing.”

Coda shook his head ruefully as he pursed his lips, and looked pained.

“The South holds no love for me and mine. Even if I do declare you innocent, Enyon will not. He’s drooling over this Sesshomaru, I would be surprised if the man had not let go inside his pants the moment he heard the news.” Coda grumbled. “I have no doubt he will stoke the fires burning within the southern peoples. All I will have done is give you a little time to build your forces.”

“Well that is at least something. Perhaps they-” Sesshomaru began.

“-I do not believe him.” Coda interrupted.
Sesshomaru blinked, and then started at the demon in front of him. He almost felt as if someone had struck him between the eyes. What was Coda talking about?

“Explain yourself Coda, NOW. I have sworn that his word is the truth, to doubt him is to doubt me…and I grow weary of you doing so.” Sess snarled.

Coda held up a hand, perhaps to calm Sesshomaru.

“Perhaps his re-telling is true, but I sense that he his hiding something. That notwithstanding…what of the reasons behind his actions? Is that it my friend? Has be boxed you in somehow?”

Sesshomaru shook his head.

“I do not understand what you are saying. How could he box me in? Are you suggesting he planned all of this?” Sesshomaru responded. He knew very well just what Inuyasha was hiding. Their battle…and their rutting. Both were wise choices….and private in any case. Sesshomaru debated revealing his mark to the Northern Lord but…although it saddened him to admit…he did not trust Coda with the knowledge.

“I can easily see what you have said transpiring just as you have said it. It IS something she would do, bloodthirsty runt.” Coda reported. “But I also believe you are protecting him. That I do understand of course, as foul as he is, he is still a link to your family. His actions could very well affect your name. I also know that his life is yours to take is it not?”
Sesshomaru closed his eyes slowly against the shame within him. Not so long ago those would have been his own words.

“Coda-”

“You do not have to explain. I know something of history between the two of you. I do not judge you Sesshomaru…but you do not have to protect him my friend. Especially not if he has done what I think he has done.” Coda stated.

Sesshomaru felt his face darken.

“What do you mean? He is mine Coda. Mine.”

The Northern Lord shook his head.

‘You do not have to play games with me Sesshomaru. I am on your side. You brought him here, you dressed him, you told him want to say. It was obvious that he was merely pupating you, poorly I might add, the entire time. I doubt he even understands a third of what he said.” Coda retorted.

Sesshomaru’s hackles rose, Inuyasha was uneducated yes, but he was not stupid.

“He’s starting to piss me off.” Sess-youkai growled.

Yes…yes he was.

“And just what would you have me do Coda?” Sesshomaru asked. “If my current efforts are pointless…just what path is this Sesshomaru to take?”

“Give him up.” Coda responded, and Sesshomaru’s stomach bottomed out. “By both of your admissions it was he who scored the killing blow. Wash your hands of him, no one can blame you for trying to protect your family…hanyou or not. But think of your lands Sesshomaru, your people. They do not deserve this, and certainly not over a hanyou. Their blood can be spared…let him be useful for once, let him serve your family.”

Sesshomaru couldn’t believe what he was hearing, Coda simply could not be saying any of this. He had to of fallen asleep and was now having a bizarre dream.

“You would have me give him to the south to be executed?” Sesshomaru whispered.

“I am only trying to help you Sesshomaru.” Coda said as he placed a hand on Sesshomaru shoulder. “As a brother it is only right to protect your sibling. But as a ruler…it is only right that you punish the guilty. How do you know his story is true? I believe he set this up, that he used Nefrume to strike at you, to drag you though the mud with him. He is hanyou, sullied blood and vile. What if he is trying to trick you Sesshomaru? I cannot allow that…I will not allow that.”

Although Coda had a bit more to say before he left Sesshomaru, the Lord of the West, did not hear his words.

Sesshomaru was rather numb as he made his way back to the bedroom, he could smell Inuyasha near as he entered the room, and even though his melancholy mood the sight that lay before him brought a smile to his face.

Inuyasha was already in the bed, splayed out and fast asleep. His hair laying around him like a sliver sheet. It would have been a rather erotic sight…had the boy not been drooling slightly.

But the warm feeling was short lived, reality, as it always did, came crashing back.

How Coda could even suggest such a thing was beyond him. It was nothing Sesshomaru would have expected from the bear. His Father had trusted Coda, his mother had. Coda had been the first, after Sesshomaru, to be at Inu-Taisho’s side after the death of his first mate. So why…why…

It was completely out of the question of course. He had claimed Inuyasha’s life when he had hated him, nothing had changed now that he…he….loved him.

Sesshomaru touched his heart, and grew still as he watched Inuyasha sleep, and emotion roll through him for a moment.

The hanyou did not stir as Sesshomaru lowered himself to the bed. There had been a time when he would not have been able to get two miles near the sleeping hanyou before he woke…yet now he was a mere two feet away…and nothing.

It showed trust, even if on a sub-conscious level.

Sesshomaru looked over his sleeping sibling. He had grown so much since Sesshomaru has first come upon him, looking up at him with those big, pleading eyes. He had been so small then, so helpless. Compared to that Inuyasha had become so big…and yes in some ways…he was still so small.

He needed his brother, needed Sesshomaru’s love and protection.

Inuyasha needed him. Had always needed him.

He could not, WOULD not, turn his back on Inuyasha again. He would sooner fall upon his own sword then do such a thing.

Sesshomaru was furious with Coda for even daring to suggest it, it was a betrayal…one Sesshomaru would not soon forget.

And if, in the end, it meant war?

“Then war it shall be.” Sesshomaru vowed.

To be continued.