InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's my Life ❯ Home again...kinda ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: Ok, now obviously I don’t own this, any original characters that pop up, yeah those are mine. But everyone else, those are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi. Which in case you didn’t know, isn’t me. I make no money off of this.

“Day two on the cart.” Inuyasha groused to himself.

He couldn’t really complain, he was comfortable after all, but he still felt silly. His body still hurt something terrible, but at least he had been able to sleep through the night without incident. Somehow he had ended up with leaning back against Sesshomaru, who had obviously snuck in behind him somehow when he wasn’t looking. Inuyasha was sure of that now….sneaky bastard.

But it had taken the pressure off of his back, so he hadn’t said anything. But he could swear that he had never walked as slow as they were now moving in his entire life.

It was because it was a little bumpy….Sesshomaru had made a motion when the cart had jostled a little and now they were going slower then a snail climbing up a mountain.

Sesshomaru was babying him…and that pissed Inuyasha off.

So his back was a little messed up…so what? He had broken every bone in his body at some point, broken his back at least twice, had a hole punched right through him by brother dearest himself, and had endured being slammed into the ground nearly every day, multiple times a day.

And he was bored…REALLY BORED.

“I dunno….you know I really think we can go slower…I mean we’re not quite going backwards yet.” Inuyasha complained.

“Is he going to complain the entire time?” Someone muttered under their breath, loud enough for Inuyasha to hear it, but too soft to figure out who had said it.

“I just might!” Inuyasha snapped.

“Inuyasha….” Sesshomarus sighed. “Please calm yourself.”

“I am calm….I’m not beating anyone yet now am I?” Inuyasha shot back.

Inuyasha stuffed his arms into his sleeves, which wasn’t nearly as easy as used to be with his rat robes, and sulked. He hated sitting around, especially when there was something better to be doing. But he had a feeling that no amount of griping was going to get him hi way. Sesshomaru had that look in his eyes….so Inuyasha sighed and rolled his own.

He was going lose his mind at this rate if he didn’t find something to occupy it.

“So….is there more story?” He asked the healer at his left.

“Not really…not much of note happened once Inu-Taisho took charge. Things were rather peaceful….then Sesshomaru came.”

Inuyasha found a wide grin growing on his face.

“Childhood stories of brother dear?” Inuyasha asked, never taking his eyes off of his sibling.

“Oh yes…many.” Daigon replied. “But if you’re curious about Inu-Taisho then the library had much for you. Just about anything you could want to know of Inu-Taisho after he inherited the throne is in the books there.” Daigon laced his fingers together and got this nostalgic smile on his face. “But you know what makes this one laugh? There are so many stories about your Father, most are still told ‘round the campfire. But what amuses Daigon to no end is that many of the famous stories are believed, yet false, and man of the disregarded stories are true, yet thought to be make believe.”

“Can’t say I know even one story about the old man.” Inuyasha admitted. “Well accept for the one between him and that dragon asshole that I killed….and I don’t even know what the deal behind that was.”

“Ah well…perhaps we can change that sometime.” Daigon replied. “But take for instance the tale of Inu-Taisho and the three Oni brothers.”

“Oh yes…that was always one of my favorites.” Sesshomaru admitted.

“Never happened.” Daigon flatly stated. Sesshomaru did a double take, or the Sesshomaru version of one anyway. Which meant that his eyes kinda twitched and he nearly stumbled which didn’t look like a normal stumble at all, more like Sesshomaru giving his foot a little shake for some reason.

But Inuyasha knew what it really was, and thought it was damn funny personally.

:”Now then you have the tale of a teen Inu-Taisho deflowering twelve virgin sisters in a single night.”

“Which sounds so prepos-” Sesshomaru started.

“-Happened.” Daigon interrupted.

This time Inuyasha did laugh, Sesshomaru getting shot down twice? Friggin great…HA!

“Oh this I gotta hear.” Inuyasha declared.

“Well you see…there had been this ice witch terrorizing a few of the settlements towards the north, paying particular notice to the ruling nobles there. They had been frozen in for well over a year before any word had been able to get out. This one and Inu-Taisho were headed back to the castle when he caught wind of it….and of course he had to rush off to the rescue. Couldn’t be bothered to call for support or even attempt to gather any additional intelligence…no…certainly not. But still…luck of nine devils…and after a cleaving the witch in twain, Inu-Taisho smashed the ice off of the gate the to noble’s keep and pried it open.” Daigon informed. “They occupants were overjoyed of course, not only to finally be free but to have the crown prince himself come to their rescue. Honestly…after half an hour of hearing what an honor it was this one wanted to rip his ears off. But none seemed more pleased then the master of the keep himself, a Lord…Mutoh if this one remembers right. After all here was the heir to the throne in his halls, the toast of the year, and he with thirteen un-mated daughters.”

“…Matchmaking…” Sesshomaru groaned under his breath.

“Oh of that there is no doubt.” Daigon replied. “A celebration commenced…and the wine began to flow. Before long it was night….and Inu-Taisho sloshed. A bed was prepared of course, but somehow the eldest daughter managed to convince your Father to take a tour of the keep…that just happened to end with her bedroom…and with a young, hot-blooded Inu male….one does not think you need to be told what happened next.”

Inuyasha snorted…he’d saved people all the damn time and never got that kind of payment. Hell…Kagome alone owed him….eh…he wasn’t going to think about it.

“Well a little fact about your Father that you probably don’t want to know but pertains to the story is thus. After Inu-Taisho would have an orgasm….he would have to urinate…and coupled with all the liquid he had drank…he REALLY had to pee.” Daigon explained. “Well the thing was, unlike your own quarters that have their own facilities, here there was none expect the main. So Inu-Taisho had to get up, leave the room, and head down a staircase to get to a proper place to relieve himself. After finishing up, and downing about half another bottle of sake, he heads back up the stairs. Now here is where it gets interesting….there are four staircases that all lead up to the same place, and all the rooms were arranged in a large circle.” Daigon moved his hand in a big circle as he said it. “So now, Inu-Taisho gets back up there…but he can’t remember what door it was….so he just picks one. He knocks to make sure, and of course a sparkling young demoness answers. But here is the kicker….the sisters are all nearly identical, and of course she’s all -Oh Inu-Taisho! You came to me!- Now he’s probably confused because as far as he knows he just came from there, in more ways the one…ahem. But then she pulls him in, clothing comes off, bodies hit the bed and then he’s not thinking about that. He finishes again, and of course the same thing happens….he’s gotta go. Back down the stairs, finish the bottle, and then back up.”

Inuyasha blinked…he didn’t know what to say to any of that actually. So he kept his tongue behind his teeth for the moment.

“Same thing happens, picks a door, knocks to be polite and to make sure he’s got the right room. Door opens, demoness appears and in Inu-Taisho goes.” Daigon continued. “Well this goes on all night long. The next morning this one heads down to the breakfast table to surprisingly find Inu-Taisho already there. Boy did he look bad too….just tired and hung over. We didn’t’ really have time to talk as the sisters and their Father soon joined us at the table. Almost immediately the eldest looks at your Father and says, Inu-Taisho…where did you go last night? I missed you. Now of course he’s confused again, but a little too ill to answer right away. So now the other sisters start to chime in, asking similar questions…and pretty soon they realize this and start to bicker amongst themselves. Finally Inu-Taisho butts in and claims he doesn’t know what all the fuss is about because he was with the eldest sister all night.”

Sesshomaru sighed and rubbed at his brow. Personally Inuyasha felt a little sorry for the old man. It was bad enough having one girl yelling at you, but he couldn’t imagine dealing with a group of Kagomes.

He shuddered…his poor bones wouldn’t last a week.

“Well pretty soon those twelve sisters have figured out that your Father had been with all of them….and they dug into him something fierce. Of course they have a legitimate gripe, but at the same time the family deliberately got Inu-Taisho drunk, and then wound him up to try and provoke something like this anyway…though not with all of them. Now poor Inu-Taisho is just bewildered. He insisted that he had only been with the one, the eldest, and he couldn’t believe how hard she was to satisfy, he hadn’t gotten any sleep at all because he had to keep doing here. Wonderful manners he had back then….” Daigon chuckled. “Course as we all know now he wasn’t with the eldest all night, he was with a different sister each time. But he was so drunk, and they so similar in appearance and voice, that he couldn’t tell the difference. By now of course tempers are starting to go, and go quickly, and you can bet the Father was not pleased that the prince had used his daughters as a harem…annnd just as the noise hits its highest, the family yelling at Inu-Taisho, Inu-Taisho desperately trying to defend himself, suddenly the youngest lets out in this high pitched, piercing voice. He put it in my Bu-uuuuuuut!

Oh gods…..Inuyasha covered his mouth to keep any giggles that he couldn’t repress from being heard. Maybe it was a good thing that he had never had such gratitude given to him after all.

“Well everything stopped at that declaration, and all eyes fell upon your Father. I’d just mounted the girl twelve times…I thought she’d be sore there by now so I did something different! Inu-Taisho protested. You weren’t with me! The eldest shot back. Well I thought I was! Your Father shouted back. Cut to three days of us sitting in the dungeon, waiting hopefully for Inu-Toga’s intervention and Inu-Taisho is panicking.” Daigon went on. “Twelve women, twelve possible litters….he probably lost fifty pounds from sweating alone.”

“So….I have more siblings?” Inuyasha had to ask.

Boy wouldn’t that be just the thing….to find out that he had dozens of brothers and sisters who had also ignored and abandoned him. Course…they’d be bastards just like him too wouldn’t they?

Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru….the elder demon had basically said he was turning over a new leaf, but Inuyasha knew how Sesshomaru got all those years ago. They would be in line for his throne, and full bloods to boot now wouldn’t they?

But Daigon shook his head no.

“No…it is just the two of you.” The healer answered. “Luck of nine devils…..so finally Inu-Toga came for us, the master of that place couldn’t really keep Inu-Taisho prisoner after all. For honors sake this one thinks some kind of deal was made. That if any one of the sisters became with child they would be brought to the castle and given the status that a Mother of Inu-Taisho’s children deserved. Best part however was that once we got…oh maybe a mile away Inu-Toga hauls off and cracks Inu-Taisho right in the back of the head…oh it was great. But again…amazingly not one child came from those drunken couplings. Luck of nine devils again, and it did give this one something to tease lady Izumi about.”

“Lady…Izumi?” Sesshomaru repeated, sounding a little shocked. “She and…Father?”

“Youngest of thirteen she is Sesshomaru.” Daigon quipped.

‘So that would make her the one….” Inuyasha trailed off.

“He put it in my bu-ut.” Daigon murmured under his breath, before breaking out in a giggle fit. Sesshomaru rubbed at his brow, shaking his head slowly.

“Thank you for that…it will be so easy to put out of my mind the next time we meet.”

Inuyasha licked his lips, wetting them slightly. It didn’t make much difference to him, he didn’t give a wit about who the old man had jack hammered in the ass. Besides…that wasn’t what Inuyasha was interested in the all.

“Well screw all of that.” Inuyasha pushed “I wanna hear the dirt on Sessy here.”

Sesshomaru stiffened his back as he tilted his head up…such a haughty look really.

“I was a perfectly well behaved child.” Sesshomaru stated.

Daigon made a braying honk of a noise in both his nose and mouth. A clear -yeah right- if Inuyasha had ever heard one…and now he REALLY wanted to hear it.
Sesshomaru for his part didn’t even bother to look at the healer. He had his story and he was sticking with it apparently.

“Well….Daigon can honestly say that Sesshomaru’s birth livened things up, that was for sure. Oh Inu-Taisho was so happy, to the point where this one was sure that his mate would crush him during the birth. He was bouncing around like a puppy. Though he was a tad disappointed when only Sesshomaru came out.” Daigon informed. Sesshomaru shot the healer a cross look, one that almost promised pain. “Not that he was disappointed with his first born, it was just that he had been hoping for a large litter. He wanted a big family, and wasn’t shy about saying so. Inu-Taisho would say it all the time…that he wanted something like twenty five pups……and then Sesshomaru’s mother would give him a look and whack him one. Not a broodmare, she would growl. Quite the adorable couple really.”

Inuyasha scratched his nose and tried to picture dealing with twenty five Shippos….hell no…just….hell no.

“That’s….a lot of kids.” Inuyasha muttered, and Sesshomaru made an agreeing noise in his throat.

“Indeed…but that was Inu-Taisho’s dream.” Daigon reported. “Now Sesshomaru was what tends to be called fur-born, instead of flesh-born obviously.”

“Meaning?” Inuyasha asked. He certainly had never heard those terms before.

“Mother gave birth to this Sesshomaru in her true form.” Sesshomaru answered.

“And he came out a three and a half foot long, hundred and ten pound puppy instead of a pink baby.” Daigon added.

“That’s….weird.” Inuyasha muttered.

“To you perhaps, it is actually quite common. Now try being the one who has to deliver it….THAT is weird.” Daigon quipped as he held out his arms and tilted his head up. “Okay! Fire! Brong! Right on poor Daigon….Big, sticky puppy. Who promptly fell asleep after being in the world for a grand total of five minutes. Boy that annoyed his Mother, she did all that work and he was tired. Good thing Inu-Taisho was there….he had to force her to the ground until she calmed down. And if you have never been dead in-between two gigantic Inu-Daiyoukai who are growling at one another…well peeing yourself is completely allowed in that situation.”

Inuyasha watched Sesshomaru carefully…so he really was…a dog? Inuyasha had seen Sesshomaru’s giant form yes, had fought with it in fact. But was that really what Sesshomaru truly was? He called it his true form yes, but Inuyasha had never thought he meant TRUE form. So…why change then? Why not just stay like that all the time?

Then again it would probably make doing certain things next to impossible.

“She did calm down quickly enough though. Daigon presented the pup, she cleaned him and then joined him in slumber. Which lasted something like sixteen hours….for him anyway.” Daigon said.

“Lazy ass…” Inuyasha chuckled.

Sesshomaru tilted his head to the side to look at Inuyasha and rolled his eyes, and the hanyou could almost hear the demon telling him off.

Well he thought it was funny, he didn’t think he had ever slept half of that in one sitting his entire life.

“And that just killed Inu-Taisho, because he had to be all quiet and couldn’t do whatever he wanted to do. He watched over Sesshomaru the entire time, either sitting or pacing the room. Oh he was worse then a child really, fidgeting, sighing under his breath. This one doesn’t know what he thought he could have been doing, but it drove him nuts that he couldn’t do it. The best part though, was that when Sesshomaru finally did awaken his Mother sent Inu-Taisho away. Partly because he hadn’t slept for days and partly because his fretting was aggravating her.” Daigon continued. “Then came the naming, and all the back and forth that came with it, before Inu-Taisho finally decreed him Sesshomaru. After that nothing too dramatic came until the change.”

“Gasp! You mean Sesshomaru wasn’t an asshole at some point?!” Inuyasha gasped in mock incredulity.

“I think the question is more of the sort of whether or not you were ever NOT a petulant brat.” Sesshomaru growled back.

“He was a decent enough pup, quiet, slept a great deal, and enjoyed a good petting, especially behind the ears…or the belly. And you would deliver the petting when he demanded it, because he would just climb into your lap and lay on you if you tried to refuse. Good luck making him move after that too….a sleep Sesshomaru always seemed to increase in weight and mass.” Daigon interjected before the two could get rolling.

Ah ha!

So it wasn’t just him! The bastard DID get heavier! Vindication!

Still….

“What do you mean change?” Inuyasha asked.

“Well one night, about ten years into life, the Lady of the West put her heavy butt pup to bed, and in the morning we had a little silver haired, milk skinned child. It’s quite standard for the fur born to regress until they grow into their power.” Daigon answered. “And then….the horror began.

Much to Inuyasha’s amusement Sesshomaru shot the healer a mildly annoyed look. Nobody liked someone telling stories about them about a time they couldn’t remember. Childhood especially…or at least that was the feeling Inuyasha got each time Kagome’s mother tried to “break out the baby books”, only to have Kagome absolutely freak.

But screw it….he wanted to hear this. Especially if it was something that he could use and Sesshomaru didn’t want him to hear.

Besides….Sesshomaru had called him the Junior Lord of the West right?

“Go on.” Inuyasha nudged.

“Well because of his birth situation Sesshomaru learned everything backwards from what you would have. He could run and jump and climb and everything like that before he could even talk…or have manners….basically his mindset was that of an animal. Now that really wasn’t a problem during his first years of life, he wasn’t a bother at all….a little pushy, but he was adorable. Nor was it a problem for the first three months after his change. But then…” Daigon trailed off.

“Your melodrama is tiresome healer.” Sesshomaru stated gruffly.

“Fine then….grumblestillpushygrumble. What you need to understand young hanyou is that the young prince Ru-Ru, nicknamed so because he couldn’t talk yet, let alone pronounce and say a name like Sesshomaru. So if you asked his name he would growl “Ru-Ru”. But to the point….prince Ru-Ru….was fucking evil.” Daigon spat.

Inuyasha laughed at the look on Sesshomaru’s face, he couldn’t classify it….but damn it was great.

“Why am I not surprised?” Inuyasha mused, forging ahead before Sesshomaru could try to intervene.

“Oh he was a terror…an absolute terror.” Daigon reported. “He was MEAN, got angry at the drop of a head, and sneaky as hell. Daigon didn’t know where the adorable little fluff-ball that we all had loved went…some kind of child switch perhaps. Now at first he would just attack you if you got anywhere near him when he was in a mood. He would growl and snarl and take a swipe at you…or try to bite you, and if he got a hold of you he’d dig in good. But then once the higher parts of his brain started to develop….then he got devious.”

Inuyasha watched his sibling closely out of the corner of his eye.

“Really? Imagine that.” Inuyasha quipped.

To his credit Sesshomaru didn’t flinch, which took a little of the fun out of it all. Well…they’d only just begun.

“Oh yes…like he would pick out one person and stalk them relentlessly. He got rather good at it too…and at any moment of the day he would attack. He’d just come out of nowhere….he was so small that he could fit just about anywhere as it was, and the fact that he could scale walls and ceilings didn’t help you.” Daigon continued.

“How the hell could he do that?” Inuyasha wondered, a little unnerved by the idea. He didn’t want to have to deal with….Spider-Sesshomaru or something.

“Oh he had these little claws on his hands and toes, basically like now really, that he wouldn’t allow anyone to cut or file, and he could get them into any crevice or bump and then pull himself up and along. He didn’t weigh much either….oh and don’t let him fool you…if not for the one arm he could still do it given the strength in his fingers.” Daigon grumbled. “Now it was cute at first, little rambunctious kid. But he wouldn’t just jump on you, he would try to hurt you. He would claw at you anywhere he could reach, and bite if he could get a target…and those little claws of his were like tiny daggers. Sharp and he could dig them right into you, and once he didn’t he would not let go. You couldn’t do anything to him of course, as the crown prince he was protected from all but his parents, and he always behaved when they were around, especially his Mother.”

“So if it was such a problem…why didn’t the old man do something about it?” Inuyasha wondered.

His own Mother had lectured him over and over not to use his claws on other people, other children, and especially not to bite them.

“Because he didn’t think it was a problem. He thought it was cute, little Ru-Ru hunting like that. Inu-Taisho was even more amused when Ru-Ru jumped on him…oh he thought it was funny as hell. Of course hair was too thick for Ru-Ru to get through in order to bite the back of his neck, and his skin too hardened for Ru-Ru’s young claws.” Daigon replied. “So nothing was done, nothing was said, and life went on. But the older Ru-Ru got, the more he got away with it all, the more he would try to do. If he didn’t like you….you would find out quickly. Oh yes….and he had a perverse way of showing it at times.”

Oh ho….now this sounded good.

“Like what?” Inuyasha asked.

“He’d shit in your boots….you would wake up, slide out of bed, go to pull them on and squish….” Daigon informed with an edge of disgust in his voice. “And you knew it was him….but you had no way to prove it. Because you couldn’t just take your footwear up to your Lord or Lady and go -Excuse me….does this smell like it came out of your child’s ass?- No….you can’t do that. But you knew it was him…you KNEW it….hell….he’d give it away himself if you saw him after it happened. He would look at you a give you this sly, pleased little smile and then he’d laugh. Not just any laugh either, his vocal cords still weren’t’ up to it. So it would be this husky, almost wheezy, hur-hur-hur. A lot like a dog really….oooh it was infuriating.”

“That’s….gross.” Inuyasha grunted. “Really gross…”

“Oh it was one of his favorite things to do…and he wouldn’t stop just cause you figured it out. Even if you didn’t put your feet into it…well shit in the boots is still shit in the books. You’ve got to get it out, and clean it still.” Daigon groaned. “And that was only one of the things he would do if he got mad or annoyed somehow. Anything could set him off against you too, and you never knew just what it was going to be on that particular day.”

“Oh I can believe it.” Inuyasha half giggled.

A cranky, malicious Sesshomaru? Sounded about right to him.

“Certain smells would do it, but at least with those you would get some kind of warning. Ru-Ru would scrunch up his face and huff loudly through his nose…and then he would sneeze. Really hard too, and he’d shake his head violently with each one.” Daigon added, demonstrating the movement himself. “And the moment he did that you knew to get away from him about as fast as you could. His poor female attendants bore the brunt of it because Ru-Ru just couldn’t stand their scent. He would growl and swipe at them every time they tried to get anywhere near him. Most had to be reassigned. He would dump buckets of puddle water over their heads, throw food in their faces….one poor girl….he snuck into her room at night and smeared his…feces all in her hair and over her mouth.”

Okay….that’s just fucking disgusting. Inuyasha didn’t even want to think about it….just…no.

“Then when he hit…oh…about twenty five this one wants to say, he changed again. Or added onto his existing quirks perhaps would be better to say.” Daigon said.

Hmm…sounded like the Sesshomaru of then was a lot like the Sesshomaru he had grown up knowing. Though…thankfully less crap orientated.

Still…this was proving to be very…educational.

“Like what?” Inuyasha inquired.

“Well we were never really quite sure how it came to be. But it was like little Ru-Ru saw his Father or Mother in their true form one day, and thought it was his reflection or something. Because one day he started to walk like this…” Daigon announced. The healer tilted his head back a little, sticking his nose in the air. His shoulders went back and his giant changed, turning into a cocky strut. “Unless he was on all fours Ru-Ru never just walked after that day….no he just strutted twenty four seven. Which again was cute at first….until you realized that he was serious! Like…you would be walking alone, just trying to get somewhere and then you would come across him. Now he wouldn’t walk on one side of a corridor or the other, oh no….little Ru-Ru had to be right in the center of the hall, forcing you to go around him. But that was the thing! You couldn’t just go around him because he would attack you if you tried. Jump on the back of your head and try to pull your hair out or claw at your ears.”

“So just step over him.” Inuyasha suggested. Daigon’s face paled slightly, and he gave Inuyasha something of a humorously horrified look.

“Oh gods no child….” The healer retorted.

“Well why not?” Inuyasha huffed.

Daigon spread his legs slightly, dropped one of his hands down and pointed up at his groin.

“Because then he had a straight shot. And allow this one to inform you that the very last thing you would want was those damn little claws having a clear path to your genitals.”

Inuyasha winced. He remembered the time Shippo had gotten off a good shot at his ear. Damn thing had hurt and bled all day. He didn’t even want to think about it happening to his balls.

Koga’s balls sure….but not his own.

“And then there was the issue with his clothing. Keeping them on was a task and a half. One only his parents could succeed with, with any regularity. But as soon as whatever event forced him to be covered was over…riiip.” Daigon continued as he balled his hands in front of his chest and mimed ripping something open. “You’d have a little prince streaking around the castle. Where it became a problem for the rest of us was because one of prince Ru-Ru’s favorite things to do when he got angry, other then bite and claw, was that he would jump on your face. Now when he got there, he would wrap his arms and legs around your head and squeeze as hard as he could. Which in addition to attempting to crack your skull and giving you a huge headache for a day or so afterwards, would put his crotch…right here.” Daigon waved his hand up and down in front of his mouth.

“And he’s not wearing clothes.” Inuyasha put forth.

‘Right….so now yelling at him to release you is simply not an option. You open your mouth and his….penis is going right in, and you can bet your last copper coin that he is going to pee the moment he feels something warm. Compound that with the fact that at any moment one of his very powerful parents could show up and now you have to explain, very quickly, why it appears you are fellating their young son.” Daigon informed.

Inuyasha wasn’t sure what that was, but it certainly did not sound like something you wanted to have happen.

“Getting him off of you was never easy without assistance either, unless there was a large bucket of water you could dunk him and your head in. You also had to be careful not to get anything near his face.” Daigon stated.

“Yes, a biter.” Inuyasha added, repeating the label the healer had used earlier.

“But not just any biter, oh no. See a normal biter will get you, arr!, and let go. But not Ru-Ru….no…when he would bite he would bite as hard as he could and lock that jaw.” Daigon reported. “This one remembers a time when a guard, Shinji was his name, good man, came across Ru-Ru out in the gardens. Well…prince Ru-Ru was naked as usual and dirty…as usual. He had dirt all around his face, which he often did. It was like he ate dirt or something….Well Shinji sees this and feels it needs to be corrected. He goes over to Ru-Ru, pulls out a nice, clean handkerchief, wets it in the small pound, and goes to wipe the filth off of his prince’s face. Well Ru-Ru takes acceptation to this and as soon as the hand gets near he bites it. Perhaps by chance he gets the whole index finger right above the first knuckle. Now does he release, turning it into a warning nip? Noooo…he starts to apply all the force he can muster and in just a few moments…snip….bites it right off.”

“Ow…” Inuyasha grunted. He had broken his fingers dozens upon dozens of times, had them bent back till they were touching the back of his hand once. But he had never lost one…yet anyway.

“Now this one happens along and hears all this commotion. So he investigates and find Shinji fighting with Ru-Ru to open his mouth. First Daigon wasn’t sure what the heck was going on, but the bloody stump on Shinji’s hand quickly clued him in. Course Ru-Ru won’t give it up, he’s got his lips sealed tight and is thrashing his head back and forth to keep Shinji from getting a hold on him. Now this one, being who he is, moves to assist the poor guard. But Ru-Ru wont spit it out, and what’s worse he is actively trying to swallow. In order to prevent this Daigon used his hand to close off the little monster’s throat.” Daigon reported. “Now you would think that he would get the hint and open up, or just spit. But no…not Ru-Ru….he as nothing if not an indignant, self-important creature. So he’s thrashing and kicking for all he is worth, trying to claw, even managed to head butt this one above his left eye. Plus he is growling as loud and nasty as he can.”

“Well why didn’t he just let it go?” Inuyasha wondered.

“Because he didn’t want to. He was beyond stubborn and had a very particular sense of self-importance. Plus we were touching him, which was simply not allowed, and we wouldn’t let him move and do what he wanted to…a major no-no.” Daigon responded. “But as mad as he is, he is also starting to panic because he can’t breathe. Yet he still wont do what we want, even though he’s starting to turn blue. Well….after another minute or so he pops open his mouth to try and gasp a breath in and we were able to remove Shinji’s lost digit. But the moment this one released him he let out this high pitched squeal.”

Inuyasha chuckled under his breath, suddenly picturing Sesshomaru with a pigs snout and ears. He couldn’t help but picture the elder Inu rolling around in the mud, snorting and squealing.

Not productive, and only vaguely related to the story at hand but…still funny.

“So what happened?” He asked.

“Well we heard a second sound….one that sounded a hell of a lot like approaching death and dismemberment. Turned out that it was actually a pissed off Inu-Taisho, who wanted very much to know why we had our hands on his son.” Daigon answered. “Little runt called for back up….”

“Niiice.” Inuyasha purred.

“Oh yeah…real nice. Well as we wanted to keep our organs right where they were, inside our bodies, we did our best to explain the situation. Shinji’s still bleeding stump helped a bit.” Daigon continued. “So thankfully Inu-Taisho calms down and approaches Ru-Ru about what happened. Now what was said this one can not say, understanding the yips, grunts, and barks that came out of their mouths was not something Daigon could do. But apparently Ru-Ru spun this story that we had startled him and he was just SO scared. Then we were touching him and wouldn’t let hi move and all this. So not only was he not punished, not even scolded, but WE were taken to task for our actions!” Daigon threw his hands up in exasperation, something that amused Inuyasha.

“And now things are so much clearer…” The hanyou chuckled.

“Oh but here’s the best part!” Daigon exclaimed, waving his hands in front of him. “Inu-Taisho picks him up, and as they are walking away, while Inu-Taisho speaks soothing words to his frightened son. Ru-Ru turns towards us, and now that his Father can’t see it….he grins that sly little shit grin.”

“Really?” Inuyasha mock gasped.

“Oh yes…little snot…..couldn’t talk yet but he was smart enough to lie.” Daigon groaned.

“So did he get punished later?” Inuyasha asked.

He found it hard to believe someone could be such a terror and get away with it all the time.

“No…never really did.” Daigon answered. “But of course he never really misbehaved when his parents were around. Now after several years of this people began to hate Ru-Ru. Psychologically people started to fear him…and no one knew what to do.”

“After all these years…my greatest suspicions are confirmed.” Inuyasha chuckled. He could hear Sesshomaru grinding his teeth, but the elder Inu said nothing.

“But then one day it only got worse. You remember when this one told you about how little Ru-Ru would demand that you remove yourself from his path?” Daigon asked.

“Yeah.” Inuyasha answered.

“Well he would do it to everyone but his Mother and Inu-Taisho. Until one day….their paths crossed. Now this one happened upon it, and he couldn’t wait to see what would happen. Unfortunately Inu-Taisho was in a happy, playful mood that day…so instead of putting the little brat in his place, he does this little dance, hops to the side, bows and waves Ru-Ru on through, much to the surprise of both the young prince and Daigon.” The healer informed. “And then there was no dealing with him after that. He was the big dog now. He would strut around like he always did with his little chest puffed out…and every time after that when he crossed Inu-Taisho he would ruff at him and his Father would grin and do that silly little dance and let Ru-Ru pass. Inu-Taisho thought it was cute, funny, never realizing the hell he was subjecting the rest of us to.”

Inuyasha would have thought it impossible for anyone to be more of a brat then Shippo. But it seemed that Sesshomaru was a sincere candidate.

“For instance…he started to go after your Achilles tendon.” Daigon informed as he raised up his foot and tapped right above his heel. “Right here…not a spot you ever want cut or torn. Well he could get his small fangs right under it, and he would bite and yank as hard as he could if he did. No joke…he could cripple you rather easily, for months or years and more then a few were laid up once he set upon them. If they were human it would have been permanent.”

“Damn….I’da just kicked his ass.” Inuyasha quipped.

“Oh you can believe Daigon…many wanted to.” The healer grumbled. “Now this continued for a few months….until one glorious day…”

Daigon watched as the sleepy eyed Inu-Taisho entered the main room. The Western Lord looked rumbled, yet satisfied. The elemental rolled his eyes…he knew why the Lord was half-naked, barefoot and clad only in light bottoms. Inu-Taisho made no secret of his desire for a large family, and he and his lovely mate were very compatible in bed…and loud…VERY LOUD.

Daigon nodded at his old friend, who waved softly, and gave a sated, teenage-like, smirk. As silly as it was Daigon was happy to see Inu-Taisho so content after all the events of his succession.

But…like all fond moments in the castle it was dashed by the arrival of the beast.

Daigon watched as the young prince came into the room from the opposite side. Naked as always with that ridiculous swagger of his, he was on a slow collision course with this Father.

Daigon resisted the urge to shout, as any moment Inu-Taisho would humor the little brat, thus reinforcing his monstrous behavior.

He didn’t know what good it would do, but Daigon felt he was going to have to speak to the Lord and Lady about their child soon. It had always been tiresome, at times disgusting, and infuriating…but now Sesshomaru was seriously injuring people. He had already had to perform a surgery to repair the damage to one of the new attendants.

First day on the job and injured already…

Whether he would believed or not was up in the air, after all the beast was always an angel when they were around. But he had compiled enough evidence that he felt he could make a decent case.

Daigon watched as Sesshomaru stopped in front of his Father, who was still rubbing at his eyes.

“Ruff!” Sesshomaru barked, ordering Inu-Taisho out of his way.

Inu-Taisho dropped his hands and smiled at his little child.

“G’morin’ Sess…” Inu-Taisho yawned as he ruffled Sesshomaru’s hair fondly, stepping over the young prince afterwards.

Daigon’s eyes widened slightly as Sesshomaru’s own eyes grew wide as saucers. Daigon knew that look, that was the Ru-Ru is about to freak look.

Interesting…this had never happened before, at least not after the massive head swelling. Not with Inu-Taisho.

The healer watched with rapt interest as Ru-Ru began to shake, his lip curling back in a snarl. The child’s head slowly turned to the side, looking back at his -disobedient- Father. After all….no one defied the mighty prince Ru-Ru.

“Rawr!” Sesshomaru roared, as much as a child could anyway, as he dove at Inu-Taisho.

Daigon winced, almost able to feel the flesh part as Ru-Ru attacked his favorite target.

“Aieee!!” Inu-Taisho cried out in surprise and pain as his son’s fangs sunk in.

KA-THUD!

Daigon could fell the floor quiver under his feet as Inu-Taisho’s solid body crashed down to it. Blood was spurting out of the back of Inu-Taisho’s heel as Ru-Ru sank his teeth in deeper, jerking his head back and forth viciously.

The Western Lord gasped in pain and raised his foot up to try and see just what had happened.

“Sesshomaru?! What are yo-argh!” Inu-Taisho howled. “Sess-OW! For gods-FUCK!
Twisting and turn on the ground Inu-Taisho struggled to catch hold of his son, who managed to stay just out of reach.

“Sesshomaru! Stop this right now! Y-ahhh! You little mother-graaah!”

Inu-Taisho kicked his leg, trying to hurl the little demon off of him. But Sesshomaru was dug in too deep, and each kick only tugged harder on the seized muscle. Inu-Taisho rolled on his side, rolled all the way over, spun in a circle, twisted here, twisted there, but he just couldn’t get a grip on Sesshomaru.

As amusing as it was, and it SO was, to see Inu-Taisho finally get a taste of his son’s treatment, Daigon figured that it would be best to intervene soon. Plus Inu-Taisho was getting blood everywhere….that would be hell to clean…and the under staff had enough to deal with, with Sesshomaru alone.

Inu-Taisho spun over onto his stomach, and his free leg reared back as if to give Sesshomaru a good, solid punt. Daigon stood then, if Inu-Taisho kicked hard enough, and Sesshomaru had a good enough grip….the Lord of the West could end up crippled for a very long time.

But before Daigon could move Sesshomaru twisted his head, and his jaws slipped shut a bit more. Inu-Taisho’s whole body arched up off of the floor then as he roared in pain.

“He get his fangs under it…” Daigon thought.
Forget ripping it out, now Sesshomaru could bite it in two.

And he would probably try.

Daigon only got two steps towards the two when Inu-Taisho, growling in pain and rage, rolled himself onto his ass, pulled his leg in tight, and with a resounding smack, clamped his big hand around the back of Sesshomaru’s neck.

It was a contest for about four seconds.

Sesshomaru released his jaws from his Father’s flesh with a child’s wail of pain, and as soon as he was released Inu-Taisho promptly pulled his wounded limb out of the child’s reach.

The elder Inu’s free hand was able to palm Sesshomaru’s entire upper body, and once he released his neck Inu-Taisho forced him flat on his back with a dull thud. Sesshomaru struggled, squirming in his Father’s powerful grip, and Daigon watched in silent anticipation.

The look on Inu-Taisho’s face was promising to be sure. The large Daiyoukai’s eyes were as wide as they could possibly get, each slightly tinged with crimson. His face and body twitched and quivered with barely suppressed rage, and his exposed teeth were clenched tight.

Daigon also knew THAT look, he had seen pure rage on the demon Lord’s face before, and it was clear that Inu-Taisho was fighting with himself, and what he was thinking.

Little Ru-Ru struggled with all his minuscule might, twisting back and forth while kicking his little feet. He clawed at Inu-Taisho’s arm, managing to open dozens of tiny gashes, and he bit at the hand that held him over and over.

But if Inu-Taisho even felt it Daigon couldn’t tell.

The little prince thrashed wildly, yowling more like a cat then a dog. His tiny hands curled around two of Inu-Taisho’s long, thick fingers and he pushed with all his might, trying to bend the strong digits back and free himself.

He did manage to arch them a little, but was no closer to freeing himself then when he had started. Which only served to infuriate him further.

Of course the madder Ru-Ru became, the harder he struggled…and it was pretty clear that he was running out of steam.

Still staring down at Sesshomaru with that same near crazed look on his face Inu-Taisho shifted his weight and started to press the heel of his hand into Sesshomaru’s sternum.

“Hnnnn…hnnnnn….hnnnnnnnnn” Sesshomaru wheezed, still struggling to free himself despite his breathing being hindered.

Finally after what felt like forever Ru-Ru gave in with a grunt and went boneless on the floor, completely exhausted. But he still continued to glare up at his Father and growl warningly.

Slowly Inu-Taisho leaned his face in towards Sesshomaru, growling back until he was mere inches away.

“RAWR!” Sesshomaru roared, again with all the force a child could.
He arched up off the floor and shoved his face into his Father’s as he did it. Quite a ballsy move really.

Inu-Taisho cocked his head to the side, and Daigon’s stomach clenched slightly. Oh he knew that look too….oh hell no is exactly what it said.

Inu-Taisho’s upper body slowly raised up as he started to draw in a deep breath. Soon he was a few feet above the pinned child, and Daigon plugged his own ears.

Inu-Taisho rushed back down, stopping only an inch away from Sesshomaru’s own and let out a TRUE roar.

The sound blasted through the room, shaking the very stone of the walls, causing various items hung upon them to plummet to the floor.

Sesshomaru’s hair was plastered to the floor as well, the skin of his face pushing down and away from his skull. The sheer force of it was pushing him into the floor, slanting his eyes comically.

He looked like he was stuck in the path of a giant hurricane, and the look on his face was a clear “HOLY SHIT!” if Daigon had ever seen on.

For a minute and a half it continued, actually managing to crack the stone under Sesshomaru’s head.

When Inu-Taisho finally closed his mouth and pulled away from his son…well it took everything Daigon had to keep the laughter he felt bubbling inside at bay.

Ru-Ru appeared to be somewhere between shock and terror. His whole body was shaking as he stared up at his Father with giant eyes.

The healer was surprised he hadn’t peed himself to be honest.

Ru-Ru tried to turn his head away, but in a flash Inu-Taisho was right in his face again. The elder Inu barked, sharp and fierce, snapping Sesshomaru’s head back from the force behind it.

Sesshomaru turned his head the other way, only to be met with another bark.

Everywhere he tried to move he was cut off, regardless of how fast or hard he thrashed, he couldn’t avoid it. Soon multiple barks were booming off of the walls, and it was then that Daigon realized that a crowd had begun to gather behind him.

He recognized them all, and more then a few were staff that he had to attend to after Ru-Ru had injured them.

Finally Sesshomaru went limp, and his head tilted back slowly. Inu-Taisho opened his mouth wide and closed his jaws around his son’s throat. The little demon squealed in panic, but soon did just what Inu-Taisho wanted.

Daigon couldn’t help but smile as a submissive whine spilled out from behind Ru-Ru’s lips, and slowly…very slowly Inu-Taisho withdrew, and removed his hand from his son’s chest.

Ru-Ru rolled over and rubbed at his chest as he pushed himself to his feet. Giving his Father an annoyed, wounded look he began to trudge his way towards his Mother, who had entered the room with a curious look on his face.

Daigon was a little disappointed, he had hoped for more. But as Inu-Taisho began to inspect his wound Sesshomaru glared over his shoulder at him.

“Erf.” Sesshomaru forced out softly, apparently having to have the last word.

A pissed off, animal snarl tore out of Inu-Taisho, and he lunged at the offending pup. The young prince panicked in record time, and scrambled towards his Mother as fast as his little legs could take him.

Daigon grinned.

“Had to push it didn’t you?” He thought.

Sesshomaru did manage to get close to his goal, but even on three limbs the irate demon Lord caught up to him. With one hand Inu-Taisho snatched hi son up, who made urgent, pleading noises as his reached for his Mother.

Perhaps wisely she chose to stay out of it as Inu-Taisho threw Sesshomaru over his knee, and began….

To.

Whoop.

That.

ASS.

CRACK! CRACK!

Again and again Inu-Taisho’s large hand descended upon little Sesshomaru’s bottom. Again the prince startled yowling, the volume of which spiked briefly with each impact. But if he was expecting sympathy from the various onlookers…well he was going to be greatly disappointed.

“Yes! Yes!” Many of them chanted under their breath in line with each smack of flesh. Others trembled and spasmed in something close to orgasmic glee as they watched Sesshomaru’s long overdue punishment.

Best. Day. Ever.

After what felt entirely too short a time all things considered, but probably a lifetime to Sesshomaru, Inu-Taisho released his son. But by this point the little prince’s bottom was redder then a brick, and obviously so sore that he could do little but lay on the floor until his Mother came over to collect him, muttering something about taking him to his room.

Inu-Taisho sagged back onto his rear, his eyes still wide and body trembling with restrained power. He gingerly touched his wound, almost as if he was unable to believe it was even there.

“Little bastard…” Inu-Taisho gasped.

“Welcome to our world.” Daigon chirped.

Inuyasha was dying. He couldn’t breathe, his lungs felt like they were about to pop. He clutched at his ribs, the right set felt like a spike was being driving and twisted around inside of them. He gasped and clawed at the air, his vision darkening around the edges.

He just couldn’t stop laughing.

“Breathe child.” Daigon advised, chuckling to himself.

“I’m trying, I’m trying!” Inuyasha gasped urgently. “Oh gods….you got your ass beat! Why couldn’t I be there?!”

Sesshomaru shot him a disgruntled look.

“I remember none of this….story.” The elder Inu stated.

Inuyasha was forced to cling to Retsu just to keep from tumbling out of the cart again as he struggled to regain control of himself.

“Well Daigon can assure you that it is all true.” The healer proclaimed. He then locked eyes with Inuyasha and grinned. “But if you liked that, then you’ll love what happened in the following months. You see-”

“-I think that will be quite enough.” Sesshomaru growled.
Wiping the tears from his eyes Inuyasha baulked.

“Hell no. I wanna hear more….Ru-Ru.”

Sesshomaru shot him a withering glare, but Inuyasha ignored it.

“Well if the Lord says-” Daigon started.

“-I’m the junior Lord right? Of the West that is.” Inuyasha declared, deciding to test his reach once more. “So I’m ordering you to continue.”

“And I am the senior, High Lord of the West, and I am ordering you to keep your tongue clenched firmly behind your teeth elemental. Lest I remove it.” Sesshomaru warned.

Daigon gave Sesshomaru an odd once over, and then nodded. He looked at Inuyasha again and shrugged.

“Sorry child.”

Inuyasha rolled his eyes and scoffed, shaking his head all the while in disbelief.

“Every time I do something he just goes against it. Don’t know why I even bother really.” Inuyasha muttered under his breath. His good mood was rapidly draining away, and Sesshomaru’s next move did not improve upon it.

“You can have all the history your eyes can draw when we return home. Our library is unrivaled and considering it is right there you will not be delayed long.” The elder Inu informed.

Inuyasha looked up, and sure enough….there it was. The Western castle loomed large, probably only twenty or thirty minutes away at most. Inuyasha cursed, he wasn’t ready to be back so soon, and he wanted to be distracted. The last thing he needed right now was silence to think in.

Because there was only one thing on his mind.

Tick tock hanyou. His body seemed to say to him. Tick tock.

Inuyasha swallowed a lump in his throat and scowled. He suddenly felt so brittle, as if he would just shatter to dust if the wind dared to pick up.

Inuyasha glared holes into the back of Sesshomaru’s’ head, annoyed and upset that he would take away what had made him forget how bad he really felt right now.

Even worse….the closer they got, the stronger that accursed pull in his heart became. He had forgotten all about it too, but there it was again, and combined with how he already felt….it was almost excruciating.

Gods….he wasn’t ready for this. Of course so many things were happening all at once that he wasn’t entirely sure what he wasn’t ready for.

All of it probably.

He didn’t want to do any of this, and damn it he needed time to think….which he didn’t want to do!

Just as they started to cross over the bridge into the castle Inuyasha hopped off of the cart, and started towards the woods.

“Where are you going little brother?” Sesshomaru asked.

Inuyasha winced…it was too much to hope that Sesshomaru wouldn’t notice him…but still….damn.

“I gotta go.” He declared.

“And where do you have to go?” Sesshomaru inquired, his voice a little heated. “We are home.”

Inuyasha withheld a reaction, considering how Sesshomaru had manhandled him since all this had started…well he didn’t want to give the overbearing bastard an excuse to do it again.

“No…I gotta go.” Inuyasha stressed.

He started to walk again, a little privacy…that’s all he needed.

“Oh…” He could almost hear the slight apology in the elder Inu’s voice…however he could also hear the demon Lord following him. “There are facilities you can use inside.”

“I’ve held it as long as I can.” Inuyasha growled.

He slid behind a tree, removing himself from Sesshomaru’s sight. He waited a tick, and when nothing came he started off again. But then he caught Sesshomaru’s footsteps, faint as they were.

“I don’t need a babysitter!” Inuyasha snapped. “And even if you have some kind of shit fetish I’d still like some fucking privacy!!”

Sesshomaru sighed in disgust, but made no attempt to follow Inuyasha further.

Good. Now then….what the hell was he going to do?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In uyasha drummed his fingers against his knee as he sat on the ground behind a large fallen log. He felt short of breath and nervous…and he didn’t know why. He was scared, and any helpful bolt of brilliance seemed to be far off.

“Why aren’t you talking?” Inuyasha thought, his words echoing through his never before totally quiet skull.

His youkai had been silent for so long now….which was only making him even more nervous. Why would it go quiet when he couldn’t get it to shut up only a week ago?

His chest had been aching for a while now, for so long that he hardly noticed anymore….but his left arm was starting to feel weird.

“Well…no use sitting here.” Inuyasha whispered as he started to stand.

Thump-Thump!

Inuyasha fell forward on all fours as pain exploded in his chest. His mouth opened in a wordless scream and he clutched at his chest.

“M-my heart….” He thought dimly.

Rolling over onto his back Inuyasha stared up at the sky, gasping in pain as jagged spikes tore into his chest. His vision blurred and dimmed frightfully, and his brain seemed to fog over.

He quickly became so weak that he couldn’t even keep a grip on his chest and his arm flopped uselessly onto the ground. Horrible, wheezing gasps echoed in his ears and Inuyasha’s fear spiked w hen he realized that the sounds were coming from him.

Dimly he had to wonder if this was it, if he really was going to die here, flat on his back behind a rotten log.

Swallowing weakly he could do nothing but wait, he couldn’t even get his mouth to work long enough to call for help. The only sound he could make was a cross between a gasp and a gurgle.

The world dimmed and dimmed until all he could see was black, and for a horrible, indistinguishable amount of time, time itself seemed to stop.

Inuyasha couldn’t hear anything…no trees blowing in the wind….no birds….no nothing. Even worse…he couldn’t even hear his own labored breathing, wasn’t even sure if he was breathing at all.

That scared him worse then the sound had.

He tried to lift his arms, hoping to grab at whatever he could to pull, to claw his way out of the black. But if his arms were obeying, if they were even there, he couldn’t tell.

He was trapped, drifting alone in some chamber of numb blackness. Unable to move, unable to see, unable to hear. No breathing…no heartbeat….nothing….nothing at all.

He couldn’t tell how long he remained there, frightened and alone, but suddenly his vision was filled with white light, and slowly….horribly slow….the world began to bleed back.

Inuyasha gasped desperately, his lungs burning and his throat raw. Using all the strength he could find in his body he forced himself up into a sitting position.

Crossing his arms over his chest Inuyasha tried to focus on simply breathing, only to find hi eye wet with tears and quiet sobs pulling past his lips. Panicked and unable to control it he pushed himself up to his feet, only to fall across the log he had been resting against only a short, normal, while ago.

A wet wretch surged up his throat…and he vomited. By the time he was finished his throat was beyond raw and burning once more.

Forcing himself to take slow, deep breaths Inuyasha fell back onto his butt. Everything seemed to even out slowly after that, but he felt even weaker then, and his heart, which had felt so strong and thunderous only a month or so ago, felt weak and desperate.

Inuyasha wiped at his wet, bleary eyes…what the hell had just happened?

Staring down at his shaking hands Inuyasha had the sickening feeling that he knew exactly what just happened. He had died….or come close…and something told him that whatever had drawn him back wasn’t going keep happening.

He felt so weak….so drained….

“I’m dying….” Inuyasha whispered.

It was true…he could feel it. It wasn’t like before when he could feel something creeping up on him, no…it was here. Now it was him that was moving elsewhere….draining away…

The very thought terrified him, he wanted to get up and run away. But he couldn’t outrun his own body….

It wasn’t fair, and he still had so much to do. Naraku, his group….and what of his obligation to Shippo?

Inuyasha rubbed his brow…he had to tell them, prepare them….but how? He stood slowly, his joints creaking frightfully. He sunk thoughts as he did his best to walk back and not fall down.

But he couldn’t push the reality of his situation away. He lifted his head and Sesshomaru’s castle filled his sight.

“Not there…” Inuyasha thought.

He didn’t want to die there. He didn’t know why, he just had the urge to leave, to go somewhere where no one would be watching him. Inuyasha found himself thinking of the room he had been in, the one with his name on it. Everything had been so nice…silk sheets, fine fur covers…no…not there.

Death was not the nice, clean thing people thought it was. He learned that with his Mother before he had been driven out.

His muscles would lax…his bowels would let go…he would soil himself and all those fine things that were…that had been made for him. He would ruin them….no…no he didn’t want that. It just seemed so…wrong…

Pitiful too….but if he left…he could be brought back…like…like a triumphant return.

Oh he wasn’t childish enough to expect a parade or something like that. But he was pretty sure he could get something nice…maybe. He liked that idea…as much as he could anyway.

He could leave with his friends, the closest thing he had ever had to a family….then find somewhere nice, quiet and familiar…then be brought back…hom-here. Brought back here…

Granted he could have his friends here, but the wasn’t willing to risk it. He wasn’t too sure about all the demons in that castle, or what could happen to his friends once he wasn’t around to protect them.

Also…if it turned out that Sesshomaru wasn’t being genuine…well he was sure that his group would give him a decent burial. Miroku was a monk after all, he could handle the services, make sure that he was sent off right.

The thought gave Inuyasha an odd sense of peace.

There had been no service or rites for his Mother, and Inuyasha had often feared that he had harmed her soul somehow by not doing something.

But if anyone was going to see over him, he wanted it to be Miroku.

It all sounded like a plan to him…now…how the hell was he going to get Sesshomaru to butt out? Something told him the elder Inu wouldn’t accept his wishes. Sesshomaru had his own way of doing things and Inuyasha hadn’t liked the way Sesshomaru had dominated their affairs thus far.

Plus he still didn’t quite trust the demon Lord. Ground had been claimed he supposed, or at least the thought that was what they’d say. No…it was his life, his….death…and his remains.

And he didn’t want Sesshomaru to know.

He had decided a very long time ago that he didn’t want Sesshomaru to see him die. As many times as Sesshomaru had informed him that he would kill him, the hanyou was determined to cheat him out of any satisfaction.

Granted after all that had happened it was probably petty…but he didn’t care. Inuyasha had promised himself a certain few things and damn it he was going to try and stay true. Of course the irony that he was going to try and get Sesshomaru to take over his affairs once he was gone certainly wasn’t lost on him…but….fuck it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

An tsy wasn’t a word Sesshomaru thought he would ever use to describe himself, but he supposed it fit.

Inuyasha had been gone for over twenty minutes now, Sesshomaru had counted every second, and he did not like it. He certainly did not wish to watch, hear, or smell his brother empty himself, but he was also worried about something happening while the hanyou was alone.

He was also not convinced that the reason Inuyasha had given him for leaving was true. The hanyou had obviously taken pains to move out of Sesshomaru’s hearing range but he could swear that he had caught some kind of grunts and bodily…noises.

It was distasteful to catch, and even more distasteful to focus upon, but it didn’t match up with any noise he thought he should have heard. Too distressed…too…violent.

He would give the boy a few more minutes, and then he was coming after him. If Inuyasha was well then he was in for an earful to be sure, but Sesshomaru could live with that. But…if the hanyou was not in good condition…if someone dared to attempt any harm to his sibling….not even the heavens would be able to save them from Sesshomaru’s wrath.

But it didn’t come to any of that as Inuyasha came through the tress about a minute later. It was a relief, as silly as that was, but his look and demeanor was…troubling.

Inuyasha’s milky skin had lost its luster, his eye appeared a tad sunken, and he looked shaken somehow. He had not looked such before he had left…so why did he look so now? Had something happened?

Inuyasha’s lips quirked up.

“Boy…do I feel lighter.”
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and wrinkled his nose in distaste. Disgusting….clearly he was going to have to pound manners into the boy one way or another.

“Crude as always…” Sesshomaru chided. “Now come…let us get you settled in.”

Now Inuyasha could rest, Daigon would be able to do his work, and anything the hanyou might need would be right at his fingertips.

“Yeeeah…about that.” Inuyasha started slowly, rubbing the back of his head. “Could you send my group out here when you get in?”

Sesshomaru stopped, he had almost been to the bridge and he was rather annoyed to see Inuyasha sitting on an old tree stump.

“You wish me to remove them from our home?” Sesshomaru asked.
That surprised him, but he had no issues with ejecting the humans. He had wondered what Inuyasha planned to do with them, but if they had lost his little brother’s good grace then he was not about to argue in their favor.

“No…geez…just send them out to me. I need to talk to them.” Inuyasha answered, scoffing at Sesshomaru’s question.

Or perhaps not….Pity…now he had to put up with the Miko once again.

“You may speak with them once we are inside.” Sesshomaru stated plainly. “Now come.”

“No.” Inuyasha objected. “Send them out…I’m not going in.”
Sesshomaru temper rose before he could catch it, and he growled in annoyance. What could be the problem now?

“And why do you need to be outside our home to do this?” The demon Lord asked slowly, turning himself around to face the hanyou.

“I don’t.” Inuyasha admitted. “But if we are already out here, then we can get right on our way.”

Well that was…wait….

“Excuse me?” Sesshomaru growled.

Inuyasha sighed and rubbed at his brow.

“I’m leaving Sesshomaru. The job is done right?”

“Leaving?” Sess-youkai whined. “Why leaving?”

“No. You are not.” Sesshomaru pressed.

“Yes. Yes I am.” Inuyasha growled back.

Sesshomaru marched over to the hanyou, drawing himself up to his full, complete height, and only stopping when he was looming over the boy. Intimidation generally meant nothing to Inuyasha, Sesshomaru knew that. But instinct demanded it.

“Why are you being difficult now?” Sesshomaru snarled. “Because I denied you? Please tell me that you are not that childish.”

Inuyasha gave him a bored look, certainly not intimidated…which was to be expected.

“No….just a that a lot has changed, a lot has happened. There is a lot that I need to tell them.” Inuyasha reported. “And then we can all decide how we want to go on.”

“And you need to leave home to do this?” Sesshomaru challenged.

“No, probably not. But it isn’t their home, and we’ll have to leave sometime anyway.” Inuyasha declared.

No, no he did not. As far as Sesshomaru was concerned Inuyasha was not going anywhere until he was well, and most importantly would be too busy with his studies and other duties to be gallivanting around the West.

“…and its just so…oppressive here.” Sesshomaru caught Inuyasha saying.

“Oppressive?” Sesshomaru hissed.

“To them Sesshomaru. TO THEM.” Inuyasha snapped. “They are humans, and this is a grand demonic castle.”

Well that was true…their magnificent home was more then a human could-wait a minute….

Sesshomaru was mollified…but since when did Inuyasha speak thusly? About such subjects as well? Oh he had the distinct feeling that the hanyou was trying to play him somehow.

“Look Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha stated as he stared Sesshomaru right in the eyes. “A lot has happened lately okay. Between you and me especially, and even if you say things have changed…damn it Sesshomaru…I need time okay?” The hanyou blew out a tense breath. “I can’t just….switch like you apparently can. I need to…digest this, to think all of this over. I barely know what is going on, let alone how I feel about it.”

It was heartfelt but…it saddened Sesshomaru, and something seemed…off.

“Why can you not do this here?” Sesshomaru asked softly.

“Because you’re here.” Inuyasha declared. “I can’t think of you’re right in my face doing even more crap.”

Sesshomaru bristled slightly. He certainly did not think his behavior was anything that could cause alarm, and certainly not “crap”. Well…other then Daigon’s trick causing behavior anyway.

“I do not wish for you to go.” Sesshomaru admitted sincerely.

For a moment, just a moment, Inuyasha’s eyes became soft and sad.

“I still gotta go.”

“You are not well Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru pointed out.

There….that was logical, no strings and certainly not selfish.

Inuyasha looked away, breaking eye contact with Sesshomaru. He didn’t like that, why would Inuyasha not look at him?

‘Look….you want me to take medicine or something? Fine…but I’m still going.”

A compromise….reasonable…and yet….

“You are hiding something from me.” Sesshomaru declared firmly.

Inuyasha whirled around and met his stare again with anger in his eyes this time.

“Are you calling me a liar?” The hanyou challenged.

“No…” Sesshomaru whispered.

No…Inuyasha was not lying. Both his body language and eyes showed truth to Sesshomaru…and yet it didn’t seem right. It was like looking at a wall….you knew it to be a wall, it was solid and real….yet you knew there was something behind it. Something the wall was hiding from you.

Sesshomaru knew good and well that the best way to lie was to tell the truth. But did Inuyasha know that as well? And if he did then what secret was he trying to hide behind truth?

Sesshomaru sighed, he could not very well ask. Inuyasha would only become angry.

“A week.” Sesshomaru offered. Inuyasha’s ears twitched and his brows furrowed. “I will grant you a week, and if you have not returned or sent word by then….then I will be coming to retrieve you.

Inuyasha crossed his arms over his chest and stared off into the sky as if he was trying to gauge something. Finally he nodded and turned his eyes back to Sesshomaru.

“Good idea, I like that. Lets go with it.”

Sesshomaru was mildly taken aback. He had expected Inuyasha to protest at the very least. But to agree so readily? Since when had Inuyasha become reasonable?

Well now he knew something had to be being hid from him. But he couldn’t very well say -you are being level headed and reasonable. Clearly you are hiding something, tell me what it is-

“And you will be taking guard.” Sesshomaru added.

“I don’t need a babysitter Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha growled.

That was it…poke at him. Get that temper to rise, Inuyasha would explode and then Sesshomaru could draw the answers out of him from there.

“Surely you could use the extra muscle in a dire situation.” Sesshomaru put forth. “You are not well, and even then you can not do everything yourself. Think back on your past battles…and think of how they could have swung even further in your favor if you had had experienced demons at your back.”

Sesshomaru could see Inuyasha stewing, and smiled inside. Any moment now…..any moment now….

“Fine.” Inuyasha grunted, heaving a long suffering sigh. “But they have to volunteer. None of that ordering crap….and if they stab me in the back…well that’s all on you.”
Damn it…since when…s-stupid hanyou!

Sesshomaru drew in a deep breath, and let it out slowly. He couldn’t very well argue now…well he could, but he would be being very…Inuyasha-like…and no one alive could out Inuyasha, Inuyasha.

“Very well…one week.” Sesshomaru relented. He started to turn again, but Inuyasha stopped him once more.

“And there is something else I wanted to talk to you about.”

Sesshomaru’s hackles rose to dangerous levels. He already did not like anything that they had just agreed upon, and now Inuyasha wanted something else? The only reason he was even allowing Inuyasha’s actions in the first place is because he couldn’t think of a way to truly prevent the hanyou from leaving short of knocking him out and locking him up. Neither of which would improve their relationship in the slightest.

No…Inuyasha had been reasonable, which completely tied Sesshomaru’s hands unless he wanted to go against everything he had spent this entire time preaching to the boy.

Plus…even though he didn’t like it, Inuyasha’s request for time to come to terms was understandable and even stood a chance at improving relations between them.

But that didn’t mean he had to like it.

“Still…absence makes the heart grow fonder they say.” Sesshomaru thought.

However whatever look was on his face when he turned back around obviously bothered Inuyasha, because the hanyou winced and looked away.

“N-Never mind…” Inuyasha whispered softly.

“What is it Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru inquired, keeping his tone neutral.

“Its nothing….never mind.” Inuyasha replied as he turned his back on Sesshomaru.

Now the hanyou seemed saddened and quietly upset. Sesshomaru didn’t know the reason for the sudden change, but he wasn’t liking it at all.

But then again he still felt that Inuyasha was hiding something from him, and this could be an attempt to suck him in again. He shrugged mentally, and turned away from the hanyou, intent on punting the humans from his home. As soon as they were out the clock would start, but he wasn’t going to tell Inuyasha that.

“…not like you could put me at ease anyway.” He caught Inuyasha muttering.

“Excuse me?” Sesshomaru rumbled, facing his sibling once more. All this turning was getting to him, he wasn’t a top for gods sake. “At ease about what little brother?”

Inuyasha jumped slightly, but when he put his eyes upon Sesshomaru the demon Lord knew he was doomed. Oh he knew that look….Rin used that very same look all the time.

Puppy dog eyes they called it….and it was even worse with Inuyasha!

The hanyou peered up at him through his lashes, his eyes big and bright. Even one of his ears was partially drooped!

“Well…I have been having these nightmares lately.” Inuyasha explained. “You know…ones where um…bad stuff happens.”
Sesshomaru was trying to avert his eyes, but even he, with all his will could not.

“I see.” He whispered, unable to do much else at the moment.

“And it got me thinking, you know…of all that I would be leaving behind. Now I don’t plan on getting killed any time soon, but its been on my mind.” Inuyasha continued, with that damnable look on his face. “And since…well things are better between us right? Um…I was wondering if…you know…gods forbid, something did happen to me, if you would be willing to take Shippo in and make sure Naraku dies.”

Sesshomaru mulled over that in his mind. Look or no it made him even more certain that something was going on.

“Why do you ask this of me?” He wondered aloud, wary of the motives.

“Well…it is the responsible adult thing to do right?” Inuyasha countered. “To make sure your affairs are in order, or taken care of in case of the worst.”

Sesshomaru swore he could sense a trap, one that Inuyasha had him boxed right in to. Because the hanyou was correct. It was a very responsible thing to do, one that showed acceptance of hard facts and great forethought.

Which is why it felt so very much like a cunning trap.

Inuyasha was none of those things….unless….unless his recent poor health and cardiac issues had in fact both rattled him and made him think.

It did make Sesshomaru a little proud actually but at the same time sent up so many red flags in his mind.

“It is…” Sesshomaru agreed slowly. “But why ask this Sesshomaru?” Alright it was fishing plain and simple, but there was little else he could do if Inuyasha would not volunteer information. “Why ask this at all?”

However instead of explaining Inuyasha’s face fell, saving Sesshomaru from that wicked look, but it also sent a dagger into his heart.

“Well…you were the only one that I could think of that I thought I could trust to handle it. That and actually have the ability to get it done.” Inuyasha explained. “N-Never mind…j-just forget it. I’ll have to think of something else.”

Inuyasha started to pace slowly, one arm folded over his sternum, supporting the hand that tapped at his chin.

“Just thought…well he’s the only one who would live long enough for Shippo, and I’m sure that Rin kid could use another kid around. But hell….Sesshomaru could find a Kitsune family to take him in easily, and I’m sure they’d treat a personal request from the Lord of the West seriously, so the kid would be treated well. Plus…Naraku is his enemy too right? Thought it was something he would want done anyway…well….fuck. Shit…guess that’s just how it goes.” Inuyasha muttered softly to himself. So softly that Sesshomaru had to strain just to catch it. “Well….hell….that just leaves Koga…but fuck…I don’t want to ask him for shit. Probably just laugh in my face…then I’d have to kick his ass again. Damn it…I don’t know any other demons, at least that aren’t total shit. Figures…I should have known better then to ask Sesshomaru. He doesn’t give a shit….stupid hanyou…can’t rely on him. Alright then…think….there has to be something else I can do.”

Sesshomaru’s heart ached and he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. Of course Inuyasha could trust him…and the fact that he thought of Sesshomaru first lightened the demon Lord’s spirits.

But again…even though Inuyasha was obviously speaking to himself he had to know that Sesshomaru would be able to hear him. So either Inuyasha was truly contemplating this with such intensity that he was forgetting his surroundings…or he was attempting a rather sneaky manipulation.

Sesshomaru wasn’t sure which thought bothered him more to be honest. But he was sure that he wanted Inuyasha to believe in him. To his very core he wanted it, wanted Inuyasha to look to him as a protector and a confidant.

And if Inuyasha’s statement was true, Sesshomaru felt honored, and proud once again that his little brother felt he could trust him with things that mattered most to him.

“I will do this.” Sesshomaru declared. Inuyasha turned his attention back to Sesshomaru, chewing on his thumb claw. “I was only curious as to what brought this on.”

Inuyasha slowly lowered his arms to his side, obliterating the adorable look he had just had.

“I told you…nightmares.”

“And you trust this Sesshomaru with matters so dear to you? Your kit, your…pack, and the death of your bane?” Sesshomaru asked carefully.

“Is there a reason that I can’t?” Inuyasha countered.

Sesshomaru contemplated the question. Inuyasha was not answering directly, yet he was not being combative either. Had he made more headway with the boy then the hanyou was letting on?

“I will do this.” Sesshomaru repeated.

“You swear?” Inuyasha requested.

“I swear on my swords.” Sesshomaru stated.

“Your Mother.” Inuyasha declared, never breaking eye contact.

“What?” Sesshomaru puzzled.

“Swear on your Mother.” Inuyasha clarified seriously.

“I swear upon my Mother’s soul that I will do this.” Sesshomaru swore.

He could see the relief flood through Inuyasha, and his heart fluttered when the hanyou granted him a genuine warm smile.

“Thanks…I mean it. That really meant a lot to me.” Inuyasha informed.
Then it meant a lot to Sesshomaru.

But then Inuyasha moved towards him. At first hi arms were open as if to embrace Sesshomaru, but then he faltered. His arms dropped to his sides only for one to reach out, then hesitate again.

Sesshomaru was puzzled, and cocked his head to the side slightly. Inuyasha actually blushed, which was adorable really, and scratched his nose as his eyes tilted towards the sky.

“I don’t know…I mean I’m not sure…” Inuyasha fumbled, and Sesshomaru still understood it clearly.

Inuyasha wasn’t sure how to express gratitude. First a hug, then a handshake, neither felt right obviously. Silly little hanyou….

Curling his tail around Inuyasha’s waist, Sesshomaru pulled him in. Something primal inside of him rumbled in contentment as Inuyasha’s arm curled around and his head rested upon Sesshomaru’s chest. The elder Inu rested his cheek atop Inuyasha’s head, between his ears, and closed his eyes in enjoyment of the moment.

But it was all too brief as Inuyasha quickly released him.

“Ah…ha…um….that’s enough of the mushy stuff eh?” Inuyasha half chuckled. But his voice was thick and hard to read, leaving Sesshomaru puzzled once more and slightly concerned as Inuyasha returned to his stump.

Bidding him a short farewell Sesshomaru made his way back into the castle.

“I like mushy…” Sess-youkai complained. “Why does he have to go anyway? I don’t want him to go!”

Sesshomaru rubbed at his nose. Clearly this was going to be a long week….

He did not wish for Inuyasha to leave either, was quite against it in fact. But he and the hanyou had practically made a deal, and Inuyasha had agreed to all his terms…so he could hardly argue now.

But he was still concerned. Inuyasha being so agreeable, while much more preferred, was greatly against his nature. Was he maturing as Sesshomaru had hoped, growing more comfortable with Sesshomaru himself?

Or had Inuyasha just played him masterfully?

The hanyou wasn’t lying, that much Sesshomaru could tell. But something was all wrong…he could just feel it.

Sesshomaru sighed….he couldn’t do anything about it now, and it was only a week. How much trouble could Inuyasha get into in one short week?

“A great deal…” Sesshomaru thought. “ A great deal.”

To be continued.