InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 14: Part 3 ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello, is anyone there? It's me again. After one month, here's Chapter 14. Kagome is still talking.
 
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!
 
Chapter 14: Part 3
 
 
Well, our first night as a married couple was…unique. While most couples spent their time as newlyweds going on a cruise, we were fighting. No could blame us really since we were married to please the ghost of a man who left this earth decades ago. I felt kind of bad for kicking him out of our room but I wasn't ready for something like that. The next day in class, I went to apologize only to have two strong arms encircle my waist. I had forgotten that Kouga was enrolled in this university as well as my husband was.
 
“He held me tight in his arms and I tried to get away. That Kouga just tightened his grip all the more. I started to wonder if I was even going to be free but my thought were suddenly interrupted by a low growl. To my surprise, my husband was standing nearby with a look of jealousy on his face. Kouga wasn't even aware of the trouble he was causing so I figure that I had to tell him the truth sooner or later.
 
When we were in the hallway, Kouga had a look of annoyance on his face.
 
“Kouga, what's wrong?
 
“Nothing important, Kagome. It's just that I wonder what that pathetic mutt was growling about. He didn't seem too happy that you were near me, not that it's any of his business.”
 
“I think that it is his business and please call him Inuyasha.
 
“What the hell do you mean by that, Kagome? Why should I?”
 
“I do not know how to tell you this but he and I are together.
 
Then next thing that happened was a blur to me. I knew was that ended up being pinned to the wall staring into the eyes of an angry Kouga.
 
“How could you do this to me? You let that bastard touch you? You're my woman!”
 
“No, Kouga, I'm not. I was never your woman. We broke up a year ago; it's time to move on.”
 
I managed to push him off me and walked back into class.
 
Inuyasha was still glaring at Kouga for some unknown reason. I really didn't care at that moment. All I wanted was to sit down and relax. I never got a chance. Just as i placed by bottom in the chair, someone hand started to slide up my back. When the hand stopped at my shoulder, I spun around to see that a man with red eyes staring down at me with a small smile on his face. My body trembled slightly as he continued to stare intently at me. There was something about him that told me that this guy was bas news; it was probably the creepy look in his eyes.
 
You are very attractive. A lovely flower as yourself should allow me the honor of escorting you to the party my father is hosting."
 
I cringed inwardly at his invitation and decided to decline his invitation as politely as I could. I never got the chance because Kouga decided to intervene.
“What are you telling my mate, you bastard? If you don't stay away from her, I'll fuck you up!"
“"Hey, she not your mate! She's my wife, you filthy asshole!" Inuyasha was not glaring at Kouga.
I was surprised that Inuyasha told Kouga that I was his wife. He seemed too preoccupied with Kikyo to even make an effort to think about me. Dark laughter erupted from the man behind me, causing me to shiver a bit.
Is true that you are married to that half witted fool, Kagome? I should have known that this marriage was a forced one. I am sure you can do much better than that."
“Shut the Fuck up, Naraku!” Inuyasha shouted.
 
Naraku? Even his name gives me the creeps.
 
Why are you bothered by this Inuyasha? Don't you have to run back to Kikyo like the pathetic lovesick puppy you are? Kagome will belong to me! I take much better care of her than you or that other fool would."
 
Kikyo…My mind raced back to the first time I met her. Her words were still ringing in my brain.
 
It's meaningless. No matter how much you try, I can assure you that Inuyasha will never truly be yours. He will always belong to me.
 
Kikyo looked dead serious when she told me that just like did Naraku at that moment. I had a feeling about those two and it wasn't a good one.
 
Later at the house…
 
Inuyasha was still fuming about the Nakaru and Kouga episode when we came home. In fact he went strait to his room and locked it. I tried to get him to come out but he didn't. I didn't have time to argue with him so I told him that I was going out with my friends. The words “going” and “out” were probably the key words that got Inuyasha to bolt out of his room and prevent me from leaving. Of course we ended up arguing and I was so close to letting him starve to death but I changed my mind and suggested that he should make ramen. Ramen should be quick and easy to make so I thought that he wouldn't have any trouble. I was still angry so I slammed the door on my way out, cursing my husband and hoping that he wouldn't do anything stupid.
 
My friend's car was waiting for me in the driveway so I pasted on a happy face and entered.
 
“Hey, Kagome, How's it going?
 
“I'm fine, Rin.” I answered with a smile.
 
“Higurashi, it's been a while.”
 
“Hojou-Kun,” Rin said with a laugh “Kagome is married. Her last name is not Higurashi anymore.”
 
Hojou was startled at this new revelation. He looked at me for some time in disbelief. He soon smiled and congratulated me. We all started talking about our middle school and high school days. The car was filled with laughter as we headed towards our destination.
 
We soon arrived at the Bunkamura. That night we were going to see an opera that was performing that night. The name of the opera was Madama Butterfly.
 
 
Break…
A.C: Madama Butterfly is an opera by Giacomo Puccini. The title character, a Japanese woman, is betrothed to an American naval officer stationed in Japan. He leaves for the United States, promising to return, but comes back three years later married to an American woman.
Nice, huh?
Back to the story…
The play was quite interesting. I followed each scene with the program since it explained what was going on. I felt slightly uncomfortable when “Madama Butterfly and “Suzuki” seemed to be looking at me once in a while. Also, Hojou kept reaching for my hand and patting it. He probably thought I didn't notice.
After the play, there was a party that we went to. The party was full high classed people. I spoke with some of them but I really wanted to leave. Rin had already left and Hojou was no where to be found. With my coat on my arm, I left the party to call for a cab. It seemed as though I was the only one who was outside. I head the sound of something crashing and quickly turned around. To my relief, it was Hojou that made the sound. I was going to ask me for a ride but something told me that something was not right.
“Hojou, are you okay?”
“Shut... up …you…slut!”
“Who are you calling a slut? I'm not a slut!”
“Of course you are! You went out with Kouga, now you're married to some stupid half bitch! What about me, Kagome? What about Hojou? I've known you longer than any of those asses you've been with and you never once considered going out with me!”
Hojou, I…”
“Save it, I don't need your empty apologies! I'll get what I deserve myself.”
I wanted to run but my legs refused to move. I had no idea that Hojou was this angry. I felt bad but still he had no right to degrade me like that. I closed my eyes hoping that Hojou would come to his senses before…
I heard a thud and the sound of a body falling to the ground. I opened my eyes only to see that Hojou had been knocked out. I felt relieved that someone had rescued me and stopped Hojou. My heart nearly stopped when I looked at the face of the one who rescued me.
“Na…ra...ku.”
 
 
That's it everyone. I am soo sorry for not updating this for some time. I had to plan it out and then think of thing. Plus, I had to order for Madama Butterfly and I was too obsessed with a video game. I left out the ending in the summary because it kind of spoils future parts of this story. Suzuki is the faithful servant of Madama Butterfly. Hojou was drunk. I can't imagine him saying those things unless he was under the influence. Anyways, I hope that this chapter turned out okay. I'm going to edit this later. I am so glad about the visits I got! Over 4000! I saw that and decided to finish this chapter and shut off the Ps2 in the process. Thanks, you guys! I need at least one review for this chapter. Chapter 15 answers some of the questions raised in this one. Well, I have to look over other stories that need to be updated and research for this and other fics!
 
 
Later Days!