InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 15: Dark Encounter ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello, Everyone! This is the next chapter. Enjoy!
 
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!
 
 
Chapter 15: Dark Encounter
 
 
There he was, standing before me, casting a sinister gaze in my direction. I was so afraid that I could barley utter his name.
 
“Na… ra…ku,” I spoke in a trembling voice.
 
I decided to dart my eyes away from him and quickly cast my focus on the form lying at his feet. Hojou's body was still unconscious and showed no signs of waking up. Naraku must have noticed that my focus had deviated from him because a dark smile slowly crossed his features. Suddenly, he quickly picked Hojou up and flung his body towards a nearby wall. Hojou's form hit the wall hard before slumping back to the ground. He looked at boy's body for a while with a dark grin on his face. Afterwards, he started to advance towards me. I scrambled to get myself on my feet as he came closer. I was still a little shaken from the night's events.
 
He saw the fear in my eyes and smirked.
 
“What are you so scared of, Kagome?”
 
“Stay away from me, Naraku!” I shouted.
 
I was slowly able to move backwards despite the fact I was still frightened.
 
“Is this how you thank someone who just rescued you? I think it's sad that you don't even trust me, Kagome.”
 
He gave me a “hurt look” and continued his advance towards me. When I saw that he was coming closer, I did the first thing that crossed my mind at that moment. I ran. I ran as fast as I could but I could still hear his laughter ringing in my ears.
 
I didn't stop until I reached a park that was near a bus station. Then, I stood there panting and trying to recover my breath. I hoped that I had lost that man. There was no way he could have caught up with me.
 
“That was quite a chase you put me through, Higurashi.”
 
Naraku was already behind me but I didn't have time to react. He quickly grabbed my arms in one hand and held them in a firm grip. I tried to move but his grip got even tighter, causing me to hiss in pain. He leaned over to speak directly in my ear.
 
“You are such a silly girl,” he said in a sadistic tone, “Don't tell me that you care that much for that thick headed husband of yours. You're the last thing that's on his mind now. You might as well leave him; all he'll ever think about is Kikyo anyways. How can you ever compete with his first love? If you were with me, you won't have to worry about some distant memory.”
 
I soon felt something wet gliding over my outer ear. I struggled even harder to get away from this sick man but I couldn't get away. Just when I was about to give up hopes of freedom, an angry voice spoke out from behind.
“Naraku…get away from that girl!”
 
Naraku held me for a few moments before pushing down to the ground. He turned to face the owner of the voice that had come to my rescue.
 
“Well, if it isn't Inutaisho Yamoto? To what do I owe the pleasure of this unexpected encounter?”
 
Inutaisho Yamato? I couldn't believe it. I tried to move my body to get a closer look but pain in my wrists was overwhelming. I decided to just lie down since it was too painful for me to move. Then, I closed my eyes and waited.
 
“Stay away from that girl, Naraku. Don't ever go near her again or you will regret it.”
I could hear footsteps coming towards me. I opened my eyes and saw a pair of golden eyes that were lace with concern. Before long, my body was lifted from the ground. I started to feel lightheaded as the night's events began to take a toll on my body. I don't remember if there were any more words exchanged between Naraku and my father- in- law. I fainted shortly after he lifted me in his arms. That night did not stop Naraku. It only fueled his ambitions. I know this because he…
 
“This is the second stop!”
 
 
The ringing of the bus driver's voice shakes me back to the present time.
Although he had interrupted my thoughts, I'm grateful that bus driver made that announcement. I could have missed my stop if he didn't. I swiftly get off the bus and continue to walk towards my destination…Sunset shrine.
 
My parents' house isn't so far from the bus stop. However I feel unprepared to meet them. After all, it has been some time since I had last seen them.
 
I wonder what I should say when I finally confront them.
 
“Hey, Mom, Hi…I just decided to drop by. I know it's been some time since we've seen each other. You know just …o …a couple…of… months. I know that I have haven't contacted you since but…”
 
I shook my head, in an effort to get rid of those thoughts that are floating around in my mind. I can't tell my mother something like that. I feel a little guilty for not making any contacts with her but I couldn't afford to have him come after me again. Much to my disgust, the image of Naraku's face started to form in my brain. I quickly decide to think a little more positive. I really shouldn't think of such bitter memories. I think about Souta and my grandpa on my dad's side. Souta must still be in high school and Grandpa…well he may be working up a bunch of odd spells for the shrine. Since he retired from business years ago, he's been a shrine keeper. Although, I think he lacks the skills of one who does that kind of a job. I start to smile at some of those happy memories of my days living at the shrine.
 
“You seem to be in a good mood. I'm glad to see that you're finally out of your hiding place. It's made my job a little easier.”
 
That voice was laced with sarcasm. I know that voice but I wish I didn't. I can feel my heart pounding harder as I turn around to see the person.
 
My eyes are wide with fear as they see a pair of chrisom eyes looking back at them.
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry for taking so long! I wonder who the red eyed person is. I know but I might change the person. Today's my birthday and I feel a bit giddy. I just kept editing other stories, posting new ones, and working on new chapters. Anyways, I had all ready typed this chapter out but I kept changing it. The original was shorter than this one. I'll edit this later on anyways. Thanks for reading this story. This fic was originally going to be 25 chapters long. I think it's clear that it will be much longer. Chapter 16 is still a work in progress Please continue to read and review.
 
Hint: Some of the reasons why Kagome left are in this chapter and the next. Of course the main reasons are yet to come. Until next time…
 
 
Later Days!