InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 16: Dark Reunion ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello, everyone! This is the next chapter. Please enjoy.
 
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!
 
Chapter 16: Dark Reunion
 
 
“You're coming with me, Kagome. We've got so much to catch up on.” I break out of my stupor and start to back away. “I am not going anywhere with you,” I say out loud. I'll run all the way to my parents' house if I have too. I turn to escape but a sudden grip on my arm holds me back. To my dismay, it was one of his bodyguards that that had prevented me from getting away.
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome but I can't let you escape.”
 
I look and see a limo pull up out of nowhere. The door opens and someone pushes me inside. The man soon follows. The limo moves as soon as the last door is closed.
 
 
My captor quickly resumes his hold on my arm as we continued to move. I start to wonder what's going to happen. What does he want with me?
 
I decide to focus on my arm a bit since it was starting to hurt. I wish this guy will let go of me but I know that he would not do so until we arrive at our stop.
 
We soon stop and the man lets go of my arm. My arm is grateful that the ride is over but my mind is not. I know where I am. I get out of the limo and look around. We had arrived at a large office building. It has many windows but there isn't any sun to reflect on them. There are dark clouds surrounding the building. It almost looks like it is going to rain but it doesn't. My captor clears his throat and grabs my arm once more. His boss has already gone inside. I am soon escorted into the building with my arm once again going through much agony. He leads me to a big office and takes me inside. This place is very depressing. There are absolutely no bright colors in this room. Everything here is dark and lifeless. All the shades are down, blocking any light to come into the room. On the walls are pictures of war. There are mostly paintings that have many bloody corpses in them. The chair behind the desk is facing the window which means…
 
“I'm glad you made it, Kagome.”
 
The chair turns around to reveal a dark haired man with Chrisom eyes, twinkling with mockery.
 
“Good job, Abi. You can leave now.”
 
I look and see the woman next to the door. I see a brief look of hatred cross her eyes before she leaves. I don't understand. She brought me here and her boss got what he wanted. But now, I have bigger things to worry about.
 
“How are you Kagome? It's been ages since I've seen you last.”
 
“What do you want, Naraku?”
 
Instead of answering my question, he gets up from his chair and faces the window.
“How long has it been? One year? Six months? Five months?
 
I remain silent. When he realizes that I will no respond to him, he answers his own question.
 
 
“It's really hard to believe that you disappeared six months ago. I can't complain. That fool has seen you for a year plus.”
 
I know who he's talking about but I continue to keep quiet. My silence is starting to bother Naraku. His eyes seem like they're glowing with rage.
 
“Have you lost your ability to speak, Kagome? Don't tell me that you actually miss that wretch.”
 
I don't…I…Inuyasha did seem sincere at Kaede's place but…I just…
 
Naraku is looking at me with a sneer. His eyes start to twinkle with mischief and mockery when he sees the confused look on my face.
 
“After all,” he continued, “he's the one put you into your current state. You haven't forgotten, have you?”
 
Of course, I haven't but it's better to move on than to relive painful memories. Now I know why am here.
 
“Don't tell me that you still care about him. After all he's done, you're still care for him? Ku ku ku, you never cease to amaze me, Kagome. Who knows, maybe he truly is sorry.”
 
Suddenly, I feel him close to me. His mouth is barely brushing against my ear. I feel to vomiting but I don't. It might please him to see how much I hate him.
 
“Tell me this: Was he sorry when he left you all alone? Was he sorry when he was with that other woman? Was he sorry when she dragged her nails on his flesh as they mated? Was he sorry when he did fucked her over and over again?”
 
Naraku pauses. He notices the tears that are falling down my cheeks. He's motivated to continue his tirade.
 
“Was he sorry when he had more than one woman in his bed? You can't deny these things: you saw them with you very own eyes. So tell me, was he sorry then? It was only after you left that he felt the waves of remorse and regret wash over him.”
 
The tears still fall. The feelings of hurt and betrayal have taken over me like a flood. I also realized that I have broken an important rule: I showed weakness in front of the enemy. Naraku will use that nightmare over and over to break me. Yes, Inuyasha hurt me but I should move on and leave him where he belongs: In my past.
 
“Kagura, you may come in now.”
His voice causes me to dwell on my present state. I am still in office. I'm still within his clutches.
 
“Kagura, please escort Kagome out of the premises. I believe I've gotten what I wanted from her.
 
I look up to see a fair woman, wearing a white Kimono. Her eyes are as red as the sash she wears to hold her dress. I remember her now. She bows to Naraku before she takes my arm. Her eyes are laced with resentment towards her boss.
 
She takes my arm and leads me out of the building through the back. When we're outside, she turns and faces me.
 
“Why do you continue to give that kind of satisfaction? He's going to keep pulling that shit to put you down. I have no love for Naraku. That's the only reason I'm telling you this. No one's around. Get the hell out here before he tracks you down.”
 
Kagura has never helped me out before but I knew she was right. Naraku will soon send for me again but I won't let him catch me this time. I start to run. I don't know where I'm going but I need to get away. Away from Naraku, away from my past and far away from Inuyasha.
 
 
 
 
What do you think? Confused? You won't be soon. It'll just take a matter of chapters. Sorry for the long update. A lot of things happened. I went on a long road trip to attend a wedding. Then when I came back, I learn that a family friend passed away. Well, I should start on chapter 17. I have to warn you. I will soon have to drag the past out. That way, you see the relationship of Inuyasha and Kagome and also the outside forces that affected their marriage. Well I hope to hear some feedback. Two reviews will be great. Just be patient with me. Thank you all for reading this story. It means a lot.
 
 
Later Days!!!