InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Journey to the East ❯ Chapter01- Past Events ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~~~JOURNEY TO THE EAST~~~

~~~ ~~~

Chapter 01: Fleeting Shadows of past Events

Tora bowed deep before the Great Dog Demon of the Western Lands Inu Taisho-sama. Although he served another Lord of equally high status and as General of the Eastern Lands army wasn´t one of the lower demons himself, he owned his opponent respect and tribute. And respect him he did. As a friend of his lord and his lords father - may he rest in peace - visits became routine, and as a trusted guard Tora happend to be attendend most of the times. So it was a given that while his Lord got to know his guest, Tora got to know him, as well. If he remembered correctly, the last time Inu Taisho had been here, the rough Taiyoukai* had been bragging about his mate´s first state of pregnancy. Sly Dog, as if nobody had noticed his constant absence of important meetings due to his mates state of heat months before. Toras lips formed into a light smirk, before a low rumble brought him back into reality.

"You may stir." offered Inu Taisho to the well known guard before him.

"It´s an honor to welcome you again Inu Taisho-sama. I hope your journey has been convenient. As I wish your stay to be as well, it must be hard to part with family and home. May both be blessed with calm and peace due your absence." Tora lifted his head and stood unbowed before the Great Lord.

"I thank you, Tora. It warms may heart to know my friend with such trustworthy and loyal warriors. He has a hang of choosing his allies out of an interesting and colourful bunch but nevertheless well thought-out."

Tora couldn´t help but chuckle at that, sure that the Taiyoukai included himself in the phrase. With laughing eyes he gazed at the wild mane of long silver white hair that framed the Dog Demons face, which contained two golden orbs - his eyes - glistening not only with untamed roughness, but mischief too. Colourful bunch indeed. He cleared his throught.

"Inu Taisho-sama, if you´d follow me."

After an acknowledging nod on the Dogs part, Taro turned around, and guided the Demon through the rich and heavy green colours of the forest. They traveled in silence, and after no longer than twelve minutes, arrived at their goal.

"Inu Taisho-sama, as my Lord wishes to be not disturbed by his guard I am not allowed to accompany you further. If you´d just walk through those trees..." Tora fell silent, feeling slightly uncomfortable of adressing the Taiyoukai with a command.

"I´m sure I´m not in need of being led on a leash" Inu Taisho chuckled with bearly concealed humour.

Flaming red greeted Taros cheeks, as he blushed in embrassment. Quite a task, managing to make an 232 old Demon and General blush. Sly dog.

______________

Inu Taishos chest still rumbled with laughter as he broke through the last branches, and took a glance upon the view before him.

There he stood. Dressed in a formal Kimono of such dark green - looking as a pattern of deep forest shadows in smooth velvet - the tall figure almost looked like a god in the scenery of the forest. Long black hair bounded in two low ponytails fell deep to his waist. Some loose strands blew around his angelic face, lifting the attention to his darkgreen, almost black eyes, which carried a calm expression.

He was in complete harmony with the bright green colors around him, and once again Inu Taisho was surprised that the legendary beauty of Neko-Youkai* were all too true. Not that it mattered, not anymore, since the young Taiyoukai of the Eastern Land before him was the last One of his Tribe.

The Dogdemon observed the other Lord quite interested. Also he knew him for some years now, even before the boy had accepted the honored position of a Taiyoukai, and all the burden it carries with it, he was always impressed how this young man was able to hold on. He managed his duty perfectly since fourtyfive years ago. Although there has never been someone so young in such a high position before, nobody ever doubted his ability. Never has there been a wiser Lord, never someone stronger. Still alive, and already a legend among his kind, Nekota seemed just perfect in every way. But of course everybody has its little faults, also if only a few of his clostest friends were aware about his: Nekota had a weak spot for humans.

Again the Catdemon was undoubtfully looking at a human village before him, face hidden in the darkgreen shadows of mighty trees, last outposts before they gave in the lea. His expression was unreadable, and the Lord of the Western Land couldn´t help himself to feel as if he had interrupted something intimidate.

Although Inu Taisho was on an urgent mission where he needed advise, he found himself unable to disrupt the peaceful moment. So instead of approching the young Adviser, he stood still and drifted his gaze away from the Figure before him and let his eyes follow the younger Ones sight. He had to correct that his first impression of a village wasn´t quite truthful. It were rather four houses standing together - and shabby ones at that. There were humans doing unimportant things like ...surviving. Inu Taisho smiled at that thought.

Some men sat there, chatting about whatever, while most of them worked on the fields further apart. Women were doing their housecourses, and he even spotted some little children running around a house, while their mother shouted their names. Not interested to even notice these worthless creatures, he let his mind wander to his own little family. His heart grew warm as he imagined his mate and the state of pregnancy she was in. Soon he would be blessed with his first little pup.

"So little power, yet so strongwilled." a voice interrupted the Dogdemons daydreaming.

"Nekota-sama?" Inutaisho was slightly confused. He hadn´t listened to Nekotas first sentence.

"I was just wondering, Humans... they were sparsely not long ago." Nekotas melodian voice sounded too sapient for someone with such a youthful appearance.

"Keh! They are rutting like nothing I´ve ever seen before, no wonder their number increases to damaging highs." scolded Inutaisho.

Nekota raised one of his graceful eyebrows and looked at him questioningly, but was wise enough to let that subject drop. He closed his eyes and sighed as he finally decided to completley turn around to face the Inu-Youkai*. But before the Lord of the Western Lands could start reporting, he was already stopped by a hand of the blackhaired Demon.

"Please Inu Taisho-sama, We see each other a lot these days, but it´s been a long time since we´ve last met as friends." Nekota said. He wasn´t in the mood for anything serious. Despite the fact that he was doing everything which lay in his responsibility conscious and without arguing, he was still a young man who´d rather like to just enjoy life, although he would never admit that. Fortunately there was no need to, since Inu Taisho already knew this strange look in his eyes. It wasn´t sad nor melancholy or anything like that. He couldn´t describe it. All he knew was, that he´d always do Nekota the little favour of ignoring the important tasks, and just be a friend if the other Youkai looked like that.

Maybe I´m beginning to have fatherly thoughts already. Inu Taisho grinned. He suddenly remembered what his Mate mentioned this day when he had told her, he´d leave for the Eastern Lands to meet its wise Ruler.

"I must agree it wouldn´t be bad to have a son like you" he shared his turn of subject.

"Is that so?" Nekota smirked lightly not questioning how the older Youkai came to that decision.

Not being in duty of giving advice or the like made him feel relax. He looked a lot more living, and Inu Taisho liked that, he was stunned as he realized the meaning of his caring observation: Damn I really turned into a mushy parent, and the pup isn´t even there yet his mind screamed. But he ignored it as he continued.

"You´re a wise ruler. Calm, intelligent, observant and..." strong but he didn´t say that out loud. Everyone feared the power which lay in the hands of the Youkai before him. The Power of Tsuin... - he stopped his thought before they developed further.

Nekota felt proud because of the Western Lords praising. He respected the rough man a lot, and enjoyed his company. Sad that he never knew what it would be like to have a father like him. Suddenly he remembered something:

"There is a Human tradition of naming their children before they are born." he mentioned.

Inu Taisho growled "Fools they are. How are they going to know if it suits them. The Name will be given in the first month after the pups birth that´s the demon way!"

But the Other didn´t seem to listen, lost in concentration he finally revealed it´s result:

"Sesshoumaru." Nekota interrupted calm "You should name him that, it will guide him."

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Taiyoukai - Great Yokai (Lord of a Land)

Inu-Youkai - Dog Demon

Neko-Youkai - Cat Demon

hui... The first chapter of "Journey to the East" is written. I never believed I would publish this story again, as I never managed to complete it. But it just never let go of my mind, so I had pretty much no choice, ne? I hope you like it despise any grammatical and pronouncing mistakes, please review and tell me your opinion, ok?! After all we all have to get motivated somewhere....

In the next chapter we´ll see what Inu Yasha and Co are doing in Present Time. Be prepared!