InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and Kikyo:Soul Switchers ❯ Day two ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5

The next day began the sun shining on Kagome.

'Note to self, never sleep in forest again.' Thought Kagome sourly.

"Inuyasha better get here soon, I miss him." She said aloud to the trees, it’s a good thing she didn't expect an answer, because she didn't get one.
She decided that acting insane wouldn't help her much, so she slumped to the ground to wait for Inuyasha's arrival.
When he didn't come after 15 minutes she started pacing.

'If he doesn't come soon I’m going to go insane.' Thought Kagome, she started
weeping from the loneliness she felt, not to mention the quiet of the forest didn't help much.

~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha was running through the forest when he smelled Kikyo's tears. He ran faster than anyone thought possible for a hanyou.

"Kikyo," Pant "what's wrong?"
"Oh Inuyasha!" Said Kikyo, (Kagome) throwing her arms around his neck.

"What happened?"

"I was so lonely here without you. Then you took so long getting here,
I thought you were ditching me."

Inuyasha was so caught up in comforting her, he didn't even catch her blunder.

"Sh, it's gonna be okay Kagome."

She froze "Did you just call me Kagome?"

"I-I didn't mean to, it just slipped out by accident."

She didn't say anything, she just looked at him, studying him.

'Does he know? Nah, that’s Inuyasha he probably knows it unconsciously but doesn't pay any mind.' Finally she stopped and looked up at him, smiling.
"It's alright Inuyasha, nothing to worry about."

'She sounds so much like Kagome lately it's freaky." Inuyasha thought,
but dismissed the thought yet again in his naivety or what could also be called stupidity. "Alright, so what should we do today?"

"I don't know, lets think of something." And so they went on discussing what
was to be done that day.