InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Battle For Modern Day Tokyo, Pt 3 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16:
Battle For Modern Day Tokyo, Pt 3

“Eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

There Kagome was, a hand through her stomach, just like how Sesshoumaru had did to Inuyasha, and she was losing control. She could feel her blood changing, she fought it, but it was no good. Her anger grew out of control, a purple stripe appeared on her face, her claws grew, she growled, and she snapped. She went and sent her stomach into the impostors stomach. The copy shrieked as the claw dug through her.

“Why you...” she said, trying to attack her with her other claw. The only problem with that was, that Kagome did the same. And their claws intertwined. They stood there trying to push the other of balance as Kagome's copy's blood changed into that of a full demon. After they realized that they wouldn't overpower the other, they pulled the claws out, and swing at each other, blocking the others attack, evading the other, and attack the other relentlessly. Not holding back, as aggressive as it could get, and neither about to stop. Furious, and almost unending, irregardless of their wounds. Their wounds..., were only getting worse, with each and every movement, and neither would be able to continue for long, and if anything, their fight had picked up in furiousness, to the point that neither could go, and kept fighting. It continued until one had gotten a good shot on the other, and sent her flying, it would be over considering there would be no time to recover. And it never came. She recovered, and was struck down to the ground by the new arrival.

"Damn," Inuyasha said, "What do I do now?" Inuyasha found them, and a problem aroused. Neither Kagome or her impostor be identified as different. Not by looks, scent, or anything. And to make things worse, the demon blood had taken over on both of them, and both had suffered significant injuries. He decided that he should stop both of them now, let the demon blood cool off, and try to figure out who is who. That would be a problem, cause the both where getting up and were about go and attack him, and each other. Inuyasha decided against using the Tetseiga, and use his claws. They both managed to recover and get to their feet, but barely were able to, and vainly attacked, Inuyasha quickly knocked both of them unconscious.

"Sorry Kagome," Inuyasha said, "But that had to be done". He grabbed both swords, that had transformed back into their knife versions, and picked up both by the waist, in separate arms, it would worsen the wounds, but if one woke up, he'd have a chance to stop it. He raced off to Kagome's mothers shrine, and fast, and unseen as possible. He trip took longer than he wanted to, but unseen was a priority, after all some people tried to stop him. It was easy to get away from them, but all he needed was them to show up, and cause problems.

He placed them on each side of her room, and quietly went into the kitchen. "You two, come here".

"What happened?" Mrs Higurashi asked.

"Kagome is badly injured," Inuyasha answered, "And a person who looks like her"

"What," Mrs. Higurashi answered, "How is that possible?"

"I don't know," Inuyasha said, "There was a person who looked like me, and he tried to fight me"

"Did they fight," Mrs Higurashi asked with urgency.

"Yeah," Inuyasha said, "There both injured badly, we should help them"

"Yes," Mrs Higurashi answered, "Of course". She grabbed the med kit, and rushed into Kagome's room. She tried to keep Inuyasha out while she attended to her wounds..., He didn't, insisting that if she woke up, her life would be in danger. And Inuyasha didn't let her phone a hospital, or anyone. Mrs Higurashi moved as fast as she could, checking the others vital signs periodically, doing her best to properly bandage the wounds.

"It'll be a week for them to fully recover," Inuyasha stated.

"From that?!" Mrs Higurashi stated, shocked.

"Yeah," Inuyasha said.

"Well... um...," Mrs Higurashi stumbled, "What do we do now?"

"I don't know," Inuyasha said, "When one wakes up, she'll kill the other. The problem is, is which one is which".

"That'll be difficult," Mrs Higurashi said.

"Yes," Inuyasha answered, "Do you know of any scars Kagome has before she started travelling through the well?"

"I think she has one on her stomach," Mrs Higurashi answered. She lifted the shirt of one of them to see if the scar was there, and it was, "Here she is!"

"Check the other," Inuyasha stated interrupting Mrs Higurashi's joy. She went and sure enough it was there.

"Damn," Mrs Higurashi cursed, "I don't know of any others".

"Any ideas?" Inuyasha asked, "I can't think of any others?"

"How about her memories?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.

"Maybe," Inuyasha said, "It could be possible for them to have the same ones though"

"To a point," Mrs Higurashi replied, "Tell me about your battle, they seem to be interconnected?"

"What about it," Inuyasha questioned, "It turned into backlash wave, after backlash wave, until he couldn't keep control of it"

"No," Mrs Higurashi said, "What was he like, how did he talk, did he have an objective, was he just like you?"

"He was annoying, he tried to spit everything back at me, I think he was trying to cause a lot of damage, not like me" Inuyasha answered, "Do think that Kagome's impostor is the same way?"

"Actually," Mrs Higurashi replied, "I doubt that it's just a coincidence".

"I don't want to risk losing Kagome over just using a memory to figure out which is which," Inuyasha declared, "To risky"

"Yeah, maybe your right," Mrs. Higurashi answered, "Maybe we could trick them?"

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked.

"We could make up something about Kagome that she doesn't have, or never had done," Mrs Higurashi said.

"That would work," Inuyasha said.

"But what should it be?" Mrs Higurashi stated.

"How about a weapon?" Inuyasha said, "Like say a scythe?"

"Sure," Mrs Higurashi asked, "A scythe, that'll work".

"I hope so," Inuyasha answered, "So how should we about it?"

"Ask them about their life experiences," Mrs Higurashi answered, "Add the question in there somewhere".

"Hopefully the real Kagome will see through it," Inuyasha said.

"I guess we wait now?" Mrs Higurashi sighed.

"Just wait," Inuyasha said, "They're about to awaken".

"How do you know?" Mrs Higurashi asked.

"Heightened sense of smell, and hearing," Inuyasha answered.



They didn't even take five minutes before one woke up.

"You," the first to awaken said, she got up, and Inuyasha got in her face trying to hold her down, she managed to trip Inuyasha, throw him off the side, and she attacked Mrs Higurashi. Inuyasha would never be able to recover in time, not even Kagome being in imminent danger would of been enough of a reason to get the ability to stop her. It was less than a second, and it was over. Kagome had awoken, seen her copy throw Inuyasha aside, and go for her mother, and Kagome leaped at her, she get there in time, and caught her copy totally off guard, slicing her throat, and a second claw through chest, and Kagome killed the impostor.

"Mom," Kagome said, "You okay?"

"Yeah," Mrs Higurashi said, "I'm okay"

"What do you think?" Inuyasha asked Mrs Higurashi, "The right one survived?"

"Yeah," Mrs Higurashi answered, "I think she's our Kagome".