InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's life ❯ Doctor Shippo ( Chapter 49 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

New updates will be each Tuesday & Thursday and it will be continuing as such for the rest of the story. Next update is Tuesday the 24th of April and I am coming to an end to my story. 8 more chapters left, I have so much to wrap up like the birth of Naraku's baby, his defeat and her wish. I have an outline that I'll try to follow; the Epilogue and chapter 59 will be out May 14th, the day after mother's day, the 3 month anniversary of the story. I am sorry to say it is coming to the end. I will be doing another story, but I doubt they'll be a sequel. *runs and ducks* Sorry, bout that, any suggests for the next story will be gladly appreciate. I currently have a story of song fics and poems out there and 3 original stories. 2 of which are done, one which is incomplete. This is a shorter chapter, it is not a filler though, and it actually does have to do with the plot line. As a warning, lots of OOC but it will be explained eventually I promise the epilogue will wrap out everything, not lose ends.
 
Doctor Shippo
 
Shippo felt guilty for setting Kagome up to be raped but he couldn't tell her the truth. The well was never going to close; never going to be destroyed thanks to Kagome it would remain open. He didn't know everything; all he knew was that she'd need him again soon.
 
“Doctor Shippo, a patient named Kagome H is here to see you” the Nurse over the intercom.
 
“Send her in”
 
Inuyasha & Kagome walked in.
 
“You're pregnant” He commented.
 
“It's Naraku's; He raped me”
 
“How far along are you?”
 
“4 months”
 
“Make sure you rest, eat healthy foods & get plenty of exercise”
 
“I came because I was ill over in the feudal era; I had pale flushed skin, very sweaty in a coma like state”
 
“How did you end up this way?”
 
“Naraku”
 
“I am going to order a emergency ultrasound” He scribbled something on a piece of paper and rapidly typed away on his computer.
 
“What's an ultrasound?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“A device used to see inside the mother's womb” Shippo answered intelligently.
 
“Mr. Shippo, your wife and father are here for you” The nurse said.
 
“Wife?” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“Send them in”
 
An older version of Rin & Sesshomaru walked in. Rin wearing a nice lime green strapless sun dress and Sesshomaru in a fancy suit.
 
“Mom, Dad, let me introduce you to my mate & step father”
 
“Lady Kagome, such a pleasure to see you again” Rin bowed to her and Inuyasha.
 
`Still as sweet as she was when she was a little girl'
 
“How old are you Rin?”
 
“I'm not sure” She laughed playfully.
 
“She is around 27 in human years, 530 in demon” Shippo answered.
 
“Sesshomaru” Kagome addressed him, hoping to coax a few words out.
 
His heart skipped a beat. `I know what I have to say, and I know what I'm doing is helping her but it's so hard'
 
“Kagome” He said calmly, much to his surprise.
 
“Is there something wrong?” She asked politely.
 
“No, there's nothing”
 
“Are we still mates?”
 
“Yes”
 
“OH”
 
“Are you disappointed?” He asked. `I hope not, I love her now more than ever'
 
“NO” She said quickly.
 
“Are you shocked?” He asked.
 
“No”
 
“Where is the older Inuyasha?” She asked curiously.
 
“Do not presume to interrogate me” He said swiftly, regretting the words as they left his mouth.
 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to” She looked away, blinking tears away. `Why is he acting like that? Did we get into a fight or something?'
 
“Ultra sound is ready Kagome” Shippo announced, wheeling it in.
 
“Can it wait for another time?” She asked quietly.
 
“The baby smells alright, so I guess” He said frowning. `Did Sesshomaru make her uncomfortable?'
 
“Rin, Inuyasha & I are going to go eat in the cafeteria” He hurried them out of his office leaving Kagome & Sesshomaru alone.
 
“Sesshomaru, I love you and I was sure you did too but the way you're acting…”
 
“This Sesshomaru still loves you” He said, shocked of what she was implying.
 
“Then why are you acting so cold towards me?” She asked.
 
“You've been out of my life, you fell into a deep depression over Inuyasha's death, I'm not use to having a mate” He confessed.
 
“Inuyasha died?” She questioned.
 
“Fighting Naraku, he suffered major wounds and we thought he healed completely but he bled to death a few nights after the battle. You were pregnant with his child but you had abortion and you lived in your shrine until your death, 75 years ago” He explained.
 
“I lived along time” She whispered.
 
“No, you didn't, after Inuyasha's death you fled back to your time and sealed the well, you've been alive for about 75 years only” He corrected her.
 
“What about Kashia?” She asked.
 
“She lived with me, I raised her like a demoness should be raised and she grew up missing you” He answered.
 
`I'm so sorry Kagome, lying to you, hurting you in that way. I only wants what best for you'
 
“I'm sorry that I caused you to be alone, to turn your heart to stone” She embraced him.
 
“Kagome, do not apologize, it's what the fates had for us, it's not your fault” He wrapped his arms around her.
 
He wanted to give her all the comfort her had but it wasn't enough to repair the lies.
 
“Why is Rin here?” She asked suddently, remembering what Shippo told her last time
 
“You changed fate, avoiding Sango and Rin's death. If you continue changing fate, I may never be without you again” He smiled weakly.
 
Inuyasha, Shippo & Rin came back in. “How do you feel?” Shippo asked.
 
“Much better thank you” She smiled warmly.
 
“Take these pills 2 each day at the first symptom, the illness didn't travel with you through the well but when you go back, you'll be sick again”
 
“Will it affect the pup?”
 
“No”
 
“Goodbye my family” She waved back at them
 
“Goodbye momma” Shippo & Rin said together but Sesshomaru remained quiet.
 
“Did you say anything?” Shippo questioned.
 
“No, I told her exactly what you told me to do” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Why do we have to lie?” Rin asked.
 
“To make sure that fate goes the way it's suppose to go, so that those bad things don't happen to her” Shippo answered, hoping that it would be true.
 
~End~
Sorry that I left it as a cliffy but the truth will be answered in the epilogue. If you have any questions, leave me a message in my comments or an email, I want to make sure I answer them.