InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different.

-X-

“Kagome! Hey, where were you yesterday?” The girl turned around with the deer-in-headlights look on her face.

“Huh? Wha-”

“I asked why you weren’t here yesterday. I missed seeing your lovely…heh-heh, hello Sango!”

“Whatever!” She glared at the dark-haired boy. “Come on Kagome!”

‘Why did I miss?’ She followed none-too-gracefully after her friend.

“Hey! Girls! Don’t leave me!!!!!” He stumbled off after them, falling right on his face. He scrambled to his feet, ignoring the looks, and stumbled after his friends.

“So…Kagome, what’s going on?”

“Nothing!” She giggled. “Why would anything be going on?” She smiled convincingly at the girl in the cheerleader’s outfit.

“Great! So…You wanna now what I heard during practice yesterday?”

“I-”

“I’m gonna tell you anyway!” She smiled and began babbling about semi-boring gossip.

“…And rumor has it, that new guy, with the silver hair-”

“Inuyasha!”

“Yeah, that’s his name…” She noticed her friend’s sudden not-paying-attention-ness. “Are you listening to me!?” Kagome grabbed her yellow bag and ran off.

“Bye Sango! I’ll call you later!” She yelled over her shoulder as she was running away.

“I was gonna say-”

“Hello Sango! Where is our dear Kagome going?” He frowned as he sat down.

“I don’t know.” She sighed. “She just ran off on me!”

“My, my, my…She has been acting so weird lately.” He shook his head and frowned further. “Just what are we going to do with her!?”

“I don’t know…Did you hear the gossip about Kagome’s new friend?”

“Which rumor? There are o many…”

“Have you guys seen Kagome?” They glanced up at the tall boy with short brown hair.

“Hello Hojo. She just left.”

“Oh.” His smile fell. “I was wondering if she felt better, she didn’t look well this morning.”

“I think she’s fine-” A loud smacking sound was heard.

“Miroku! Stop being so fucking perverted! I swear- What is wrong with you!?”

“I’m sorry my dearest!”

“Don’t you, ‘my dearest’ me!” She hugged and stood up.

“Come on Hojo; help me find Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi. They’re bound to be loads more fun than this lecher!”




“Inuyasha!! Inuyasha!” She waved her hand madly at him and he stopped to turn around.

“Inu…yasha.” She caught up to him panting.

“Hey Kags!” He smiled. “Ya okay?”

She nodded and smiled once she caught her breath. “What are you doing after school?” He scratched the back of his head and scrunched his nose.

“I have to go visit my brother. It’s a monthly thing.”

“Oh.” She turned to leave, but he grabbed her arm. “Huh?”

“You can come if you want to.”

“Really?” She looked up at him, her face beaming with a smile.

“Yeah, I have a feeling you’ll really like Rin.” She looked confused.

“Who’s Rin?” He laughed.

“You’ll see. Come on.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the school’s parking lot.

“Oh! Did you drive to school today?” She shook her head. “Do you need o call someone and let them know you’ll be home late- if not early morning?” He kept walking, his ears twitching when she didn’t respond.

‘Oh…Dad will never go for this…He won’t even let me go to Miroku’s house for long! Oh, wait…Dad’ll be pissed! This is too perfect!’

“Yeah, I’ll call home. Do you have a phone?”

“Yeah…Sure.” He dug his cell phone out of his pocket and handed it to her.

She dialed and waited for someone to pick up.

“Kikyou? Hey! I’m going with Inuyasha…My friend! Yeah…I won’t be in ‘til late. Bye!”




“Kagome! No!” She slammed the phone down and a look of frustration crossed her features.

‘Stupid…What am I supposed to tell Dad?’

“Who was that honey?” She turned towards the kitchen and smiled.

“It was just Kagome. She has this major test tomorrow and has to stay at Sango’s to cram.” The words slid of her lips so easily. Too easily.

“I’m tired. I don’t think I could stay awake any long if I tried.”

“Aww! But I spent all day making a good dinner for you girls!” He pouted.

“I’m sorry Dad. I promise we’ll treat you to dinner soon. We’ll eat leftovers tomorrow.”

“Okay…”

‘Damn …I can’t get into lying all of the time for Kagome, like I did for Kagura. And Dad’ll be pissed if I told him I quit college.’ She sighed and rubbed her temples. ‘I really need to get out of here!’




“So, Kags, what made you so readily decide to go out of town with someone you’ve only known three weeks?”

“I needed to get away and you seemed like the perfect one to escape with.” He laughed at the ‘compliment.’

“Get away from what? ‘Can’t be as bad as my house.”

“What’s so bad ‘bout your house?”

“Nu-uh!” He turned and stuck his tongue out at her. “I asked you first!”

“Aww! Inuyasha! Do I haf’ tah?” He nodded.

“Tell Inu all your problems babe.” They laughed and he put his hand on her knee.

“Well…”





IR 17;m sooo sorry for not updating for a little while. I actually had a little bit of a life here for a while. Babysitting, playing with my brother, spa party, had a friend over, Father’s Day, and I’ve been goin’ on little sleep. So, please review for more updates, or else they’ll cease. Thank you!

I made a long chapter to make up for it.

Steffanie