InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-

“Inuyasha, can you take me home for clothes?” He nodded.

“Still not wanting to go home?” She shook her head.

“Okay.” His phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket to answer.

“Hello? I can’t…Later…I have someone with me right now…Yeah…Tonight.” His put it back in his pocket and concentrated on driving.

“Who was that?” She looked at him with her head tilted.

“You look just like Rin when you do that.” He laughed uneasily.

“Don’t change the subject. Who was it?”

“My friend. He wants to go out tonight.”

“Are you lying to me, Inuyasha?” She folded her arms over her chest.

“No. And if I were, what would it matter, it’s not like you’re my fucking girlfriend or anything!” She looked stunned as tears ran down her cheeks.

“What are you doing!?”

“What does it look like I’m doing, asshole!” She sniffled and wiped the tears away.

“Just don’t. Please…Don’t cry.”

“Fine.” She looked out the window and willed herself to do as she was told.

“Please don’t be mad!” She refused to look at him. He sighed in defeat. “I’m sorry…”

“You better be.” She couldn’t keep the smile from creeping on to her face.

“Oh, you…You’re too much!” He laughed as he pulled into her driveway. “Hey, it looks like no one’s home.” She glanced up and did a little dance in her seat.

“Awesome! Come in with me?” He nodded and they exited the vehicle.

“So…This is my house, just make yourself at home and I’ll be back…” He started walking towards the couch as she walked up the stairs to her room. Something was wrong. The light to her room was on. ‘I wonder why.’ She gasped when she entered the room. Standing there was her father; looking very pissed with a passive Kikyou lounged on her bed.

“Kagome! I thought I told you that you go nowhere unless I say so, and that Kikyou would take you to school and pick you up!” She turned around and walked back down the stairs. “Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you, young lady! Get your ass back here now!”

She ignored him, went on down the stairs, and plopped on the couch, turning the TV on, knowing full well that she was in for a long argument.

“Kagome!” He stood between her and the TV.

“Could you move!?” She spat out at him.

“Don’t you- look at me!”

“Okay, I won’t look at you. Now move.”

“Damnit Kagome. What’s wrong with you!? You’re never like this!” He took this time to finally realize there was someone else in there. “And who the hell is this!?”

Inuyasha looked up, confusion written all over his face. He stood up and shook the man’s hand. “Inuyasha Takahashi at your service, sir.” He scoffed and turned his attention, once more, to his daughter.

“Why is he here?”

“He’s my friend Dad. He gave me a ride.”

“Isn’t that Kikyou’s job?” Man, he really did look angry.

“No. Kikyou doesn’t have a job. Hell, she doesn’t even go to college anymore.”

“Kagome!!!” Kikyou finally spoke up. “How could you!?”

“What!? You let Dad find out I haven’t been home, why should I keep your secret!?”

“But Kagome, I swear, I didn’t!”
“You what!? Kikyou, we‘ll talk about this later.” The younger sister’s eyes widened.

“You mean you didn’t tell him!?” She shook her head.

“Damnit!” She turned uneasily towards her father.

“Daddy…”

“Don’t you ‘Daddy…’ Me!! You’re grounded.”

She stomped her feet in frustration. “I’m not grounded!! It was unfair what you did in the first place!”

“Oh, was it really? I don’t care, you disobeyed me!”

“How!?” Whilst they were arguing back and forth, Kikyou took this time to look at the boy who her sister had befriended. He looked familiar. Too familiar. And she knew exactly who he was. It pained her to even think of him, let alone the other.

A loud smacking sound snapped her out of her thoughts. The hanyou instantly was at his feet and by the stricken girl’s side in seconds. He kneeled next to her (she had fallen after being stricken) on the ground and growled up at her father. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and he really didn’t like that.

He was staring at his hand. Shocked that he had hit her. He hadn’t even meant to.

“Are you okay Kagome?” She nodded her head and ran up to her room. He moved to run after her but was stopped by the soft hand on his shoulder. He turned around and looked into the chocolate orbs of her older sister.

“I think you had better leave…” She bowed her head and slowly walked to the stairs and up them.

He looked at Mr. Higurashi, still in a daze, and ran out the door and off to business.




“Kagome?” She sniffled and pulled her face away from her pillow.

“What do you want, Kikyou?”

“I want to talk.”

“What if I don’t want to talk to you!?” She snapped and glared at the floor. Kikyou sighed and walked in the room, sitting on the bed next to her little sister.

“Kagome…Dad and I are only trying to help you…Neither of us want anything bad to happen to you.”

“What!? Like you!?” Her eyes darkened, Kagome had no idea what had happened to her.

“You don’t know.” She snorted.

“Like I don’t!? You were on drugs and drinking, Kikyou! Just like your sad excuse for a mother!” She smacked her sister; in the same spot their father had.

“Don’t you dare ever insult my mother! Or yours will be next…” She narrowed her eyes.

“What!? You know you’re ashamed of her! You even left Kaede with her! You could have brought her back with you…But nooo, you didn’t! You don’t care about anyone other than yourself! You selfish bitch!” She smacked her again, harder.

“It’s one thing to insult me…But leave my sister and mother out of things. I’m warning you…One more time and you’ll regret it.”

“Yeah…Right. Like I’d listen to some selfish bitch like you. I hope your little sister doesn’t end up like you. I really don’t see why she idolizes you so.”

“Kagome!! You know what!? I’m going to start telling you the truth. You know why you’re here with Dad instead of that whore of a mother of yours!?”

“My mother is not a whore!”

“Don’t be so sure! She and Dad had a one-night stand and she got knocked up! She didn’t want you…But she couldn’t afford another abortion! But you know what!? She got her act together after she had you and gave you to Dad! She cleaned her act up and settled down. That’s how you got your little brother. But she never wanted you. Never!”

“You’re lying!”

“I certainly am not! No matter how many problems my mother has, at least she wants me!”

“Shut up!!!” She cried out and clutched her hands over her ears.

“Just remember Kagome. You pissed off one of the only people who loves you.” With her deed done, she walked out of the room, leaving the younger girl sobbing in a mess on the floor.

‘She’s lying isn’t she!? She has to be! That’s all she’s good for…Lying. I feel sorry for any man that ever falls for her! But what she says…It all makes so much sense!!’ She didn’t know what to do. She pulled herself to a sitting position and pulled her knees to her chest.

“I can’t stay here…” She whispered and crawled to her desk. She pulled out a pen and the journal her sisters had given her. She flipped to a blank sheet and began scribbling away.

No one wants me, or so I’ve been told. I can’t stay here. For who ever finds this…I’m gone. You won’t have to worry about me being in your way anymore. No, I don’t mean suicide, I’m just leaving. I’ll be living elsewhere…I’m not coming back for a while. I need to find out the truths for myself. You know the saying ‘If you love them, let them go.’ Well I say that’s bullshit. If you love them, keep them with you! Well obviously, I love you all…But you don’t love me back. But if you do love me, do what the saying says…Please. I know I’m confusing and I talk in circles…But Kagura would understand me…She always had. And I thought Kikyou had too…But all she ever was was lies. All lies…

Love,
Kagome Higurashi.

She left the page open and set the book on her bed. She knew they would find it there. She walked to her closet and pulled out her bag she used when she spent the holidays with her mother and little brother. She began shoving all of the clothes that she deemed worthy of wearing into the bag before moving on to the necessities. She double-checked that she had everything she needed before creeping down the stairs. There was no sign of her father anywhere. She walked down the hallway to his room and saw that the light was shining through the cracks in the door. She quickly backed away and ran to the kitchen, grabbing the phone on her way.

She dialed the number that she had been told was Inuyasha’s. She waited impatiently for the deep tone of his voice to greet her before she began rambling away.

He yelled through the phone for her to calm down and she quickly complied. He told her to slowly repeat herself to him.

She took a deep breath and began. “I need you. I have nowhere to go. Can you come get me?” She sounded so lost. Like a little girl all alone in a crowded airport terminal.

She could hear him telling her that he would be there as soon as he could. She nodded before realizing that he couldn’t see her. “Okay.” She hung up and listened to make sure that no one had heard. She tiptoed to the freezer where she knew her father’s emergency stash of money was. She fished around in the back of the freezer before her fingers brushed against the cool metal of the box. She opened it and pulled out the stack of $20’s. She shoved them in the pocket of her jeans, realizing she was still in Inuyasha’s clothes and ran out to the end of her driveway to wait for him. She lay on the sidewalk, staring at the stars, for what seemed like an eternity before he came.

“Kagome!? Are you okay!?” He rushed over to her and put his hand on her swollen cheek. The slaps had bruised her perfect skin. “Come on, you can explain everything on the way.” She nodded and allowed him to put her in the car, and they were off.

‘How did I come to trust someone I barely know so much? I just need Kagura right now…Maybe Inuyasha can take me to Sesshomaru’s and I can find Kagura somehow…Yeah…Maybe that will work…’ The last thing she remembered before she passed out from exhaustion was the sound of police sirens behind them.




When she awoke, she was still in the car, only they were leaving the police station.

“Inuyasha? What happened?” She turned her confused brown orbs towards him.

He mumbled something under his breath before answering her. “I’m borrowing my buddy’s car…Apparently he had something illegal in here…But I didn’t get in trouble for his stupidity. He took all the blame.”

She nodded. Knowing that it had to be the stuff he had whispered about the night before.

“Inuyasha…What was it?” He cleared his throat.

“What was what?” She rolled her eyes at him.

“What was the illegal stuff?”

“Smack.”




So̷ 0;yeah…Does everyone know what smack is? If so, and you haven’t read the book (it’s called Junk in other places and Smack in the U.S.) then you should so check it out. I don’t own it; if I did, I would be freakin’ rich!! Well….Please review!!!!!!

-Steffanie