InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-

“Don’t you have any food in this place!?” Kagome looked in the cupboard, slamming the ones closed that held nothing. When she found them all to be empty, she opened the fridge.

“Beer, beer, beer, oh, meat!” She pulled out what she supposed was meat and took a whiff. “Okay, bad meat…Inuyasha!!” She slammed the fridge and looked at a nearby clock. “Shit! Inuyasha!!” She ran to his room, he still wasn’t up! She smacked him, jolting him awake.

“Wake up! I can’t find any food, and we are so going to be late! Plus, I need something to wear!” She pointed to the T-shirt and boxers she was wearing. Not very becoming, if I may say so myself.

“Grrr, but it’s so early…” He mumbled and put his pillow over his head lazily. She cried in frustration and pulled the pillow away.

“Get up!”

“No!” He pulled the covers over his head and rolled away from her.

“Come on! You are so worse than Kagura!! I give up! I’m going to have to drive your car.” She sighed dramatically.

“Noo!!” He bolted away and nearly jumped half a foot above the bed. She fell to the ground in hysterics.

“I was only joking!” He narrowed his eyes.

“Stupid wench.”

“Watch who you’re calling stupid and help me!!”

“Well I see your ankle feels better…” He mumbled and sat on the edge of the bed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“Huh?” She blinked in confusion and looked down. “I guess…Yeah it does.”

“Here.” She looked up.

“Huh?” He rolled his eyes and impatiently held out the clothes for her.

“Oh…Thanks…” He nodded and walked to the bathroom as she took the clothes.

She looked in the broken mirror at herself after she had dressed. ‘I wonder why the mirror is broken?’ She was wearing a white tank top that was too large on her, with ripped jeans, that were, as well, too large on her. ‘Need a belt…’ She sighed when she found none. ‘These bandanas will have to work…’ She tied the two red bandanas together and tied them through the belt loops of the jeans for a makeshift belt. She ran her fingers through her hair and slipped her shoes on. He was standing by the door waiting for her, and she hurried out after him.




“Kikyou! Where is your sister!? She didn’t come in last night, did she!?” She inwardly sighed.

“Of course she did! But she had to be at school early, to retake a test before class.” He nodded his head, seemed satisfied with the answer. He didn’t think her capable of lying. How wrong he was.

‘Kagome…What are you getting yourself into!? If your school work suffers, so help me God, I won’t help you anymore.’ She could only think of what she had done when she was a teenager and prayed her sister wasn’t anywhere half as bad as she had been. She was thankful that she had been living with her mother for the two years she had been her worst. She put her hand on her stomach and sighed as memories swept through her.

“Please Kagome…Don’t do what I did…” She whispered, forgetting she wasn’t alone.

“What was that dear?” He looked up from his cereal, expectantly.

“Nothing, just talking to myself.” She waved the subject off and walked over to the ringing phone.

“Hello? Yes. Good. Thank God! That’s good. Take good care of her for me. Thank you. Bye.” She hung the phone back on the receiver.

“Who was that?”

“Oh, my friend from college, he finally got the girl he likes. She’s one of my good friends. He was just so excited, he had to call me.”

“Oh. That’s nice.” He smiled kindly and returned to his cereal. “What are your plans for today?”

“I think I’m going to finish this book I’ve been working on for class.”

“That’s wonderful.”




“Daddy!!!” The youkai looked up from his newspaper and raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, Rin?”

“When is Rin going to get to go to school?”

“In a year.” She sighed.

“How long is a year?”

“Before your sixth birthday.”

“Really!?” Her eyes lit up at the thought of being able to get out of the house and making friends.

“Yes.”

“Rin can’t wait!!”

“Well, you’re going to have to.” He snapped his newspaper, signaling the conversation was over. She bit her bottom lip and shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

“What?”

‘He always knows when I want something…How weird…’

“When do I get to meet Mommy?” He clenched the newspaper, ripping the fragile paper. He had to work extra hard to keep his emotions masked.

“I don’t know.”

“Why not!? I want to see her!” The small girl pouted, oblivious to the emotional pain she was causing the demon lord before her.

“Rin. You will not speak of this matter again.” He slammed his paper down and stared at her with an expression that would have made Inuyasha cower.

“Yes, Daddy.” She bowed her head. ‘Why does Daddy never want to speak about Mommy? Is Mommy dead?’




“Sango, Miroku!!” She waved happily, as she ran up to her friends. She felt terrible about not paying enough attention to them lately. “Bye Inuyasha!” He shot her the peace sign, his way of waving at times, and walked away.

“Hey Kagome. Are you yourself now?” She scowled, but quickly wiped it away, knowing they were only concerned for her.

“Yeah. But I’m starving!!” She laughed and patted her grumbling tummy.

“Didn’t your Dad make breakfast this morning?” Miroku inquired as he dug through his bag.

She shook her head. “He slept in, he worked late last night.” How she hated to lie to her friends.

“Here, you know I always have extras!” He smiled and handed her a bottle of water and a granola bar. She gladly took the offered foodstuffs and finished them in seconds, followed by a large burp.

“Roku, do you even have any school stuff in there?”

“Of course!” He feigned looking offended as they walked briskly to their morning classes.




“Kanna!! Do you want to come with me, tonight!?” Said girl looked up from her coloring and blinked at her sister.

“Where?”

“You know where!” She rolled her eyes. “Sesshomaru’s! He said that Rin would like to meet you!” The girl nodded.

“Alright, it’ll only take a few minutes and then I’ll be ready to go.”

“Okay.”

‘Is Kagura actually trying to be nice to me? What’s she up to? She can’t possibly know how Dad is…It’s impossible, she’s not here…But I’m relieved none-the-less. I wonder what this Rin girl looks like…I wonder how she will act…’

“Come on Kanna!!”

“Coming!” She hurried down the stair and slipped her shoes on before she got in the car.

The car ride was long and silent. Neither sister really knowing how to speak to one another.

“So…Kanna…How is Hokudoshi?” She bit her lip nervously, hoping this wasn’t a sore subject for the girl.

“He is well. He calls me every night.”

“That’s awesome! Does he still dye his hair white, like you?” Kanna nodded.

“He says he likes to be different. He doesn’t want brown or black hair like everyone else, he wants something different.”

“Well…He’s not all that different now is he? You, Sesshomaru, and Sesshomaru’s brother all have white hair too.” She laughed, and Kagura nearly had a heart attack.

“I guess you’re right…But don’t tell him that…It might make him feel bad.”

‘The smile stayed on her face! Oh my god! Has she gone insane!? What’s going on!? Am I seeing things!?’

“I guess you’re right. Well, we’re here. Let’s go.”

Kanna was the perfect little girl. She was quiet and reserved, like usual, and Sesshomaru approved of her. He even said that she reminded him a little of himself. Scary thought!

“So, Kanna…Rin was wondering if you would play with her?” Rin looked at the young girl with hope in her eyes. She really could use a friend; she didn’t really have another besides her uncle, Kagome and Kagura.

She nodded and Rin exclaimed gleefully. “Yet!! Come with me!” She grabbed her hand and dragged her off to her room.

“Your sister’s hair is white?” Sesshomaru raised and eyebrow in question.

“Yeah…” She placed a stray hair behind her ear. “My brother, Hokudoshi, does too. They’re quite a lot alike, Kanna and Hokudoshi. They’re only two years apart. I’m sure that Rin would probably like him as well…But he doesn’t live anywhere near here.” She shut up, feeling as though she were blabbering. He nodded and offered her a soda.




“So…Rin…If Sesshomaru is your father, then where is your mother?” Rin’s eyes widened in fright and she clamped her hand over the other girl’s mouth.

“Don’t speak of her where Daddy can hear!” She hissed out. Kanna nodded and they waited for further conversation when they reached Rin’s room.

“To answer your question, new friend, Kanna, Rin doesn’t know. Daddy, or Sesshomaru if you call him, won’t speak of her.”

“Why not?” Kanna had never heard of someone not speaking of another person they had a child with.

“Rin doesn’t know…But Rin really wants to meet her mommy.”

“You know…You look a little like someone I’ve seen before.”

“Do I?” She felt her face. “Don’t I look like me?”

“Well…Yes…But you also look like someone I know…I just can’t think of who…”

“Oh…Do you know Kagome? Uncle Inu calls her Kags.”

“Yeah, she’s my sister’s sister.” Rin tilted her head in confusion.

“Sister’s sister…Wouldn’t that make her your sister too?”

“No…”

“But how does it work?”

“Well…




Okay, I feel I’m getting closer to where I need to be. I’m just typing these chapters out of my head….But I’m going to try to make an outline for what I want to happen in each chapter to see what happens….

REVIEW!! Please and thank you. If you have any questions you would like answered, don’t hesitate to ask, I will answer them.

-Steffanie