InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-

‘It’s just easier to tell my problems to someone who doesn’t know me all that well…Then, they can’t really judge me. I don’t know…I’m just so confused. He said that his niece’s birthday is this weekend, and that I could go back again. That little girl is just so adorable!!’ She let out a girly squeal before looking around and realizing that everyone was staring at her.

“Hey, Sango! Wait up!” She ran to catch up with Sango and her three cheerleader friends.

“Hojo is so looking for you, Higurashi. He said that he had something important to talk to you about.” Eri told her quickly before jumping into a whirlpool of chatter once more.

‘Why would Hojo be looking for me?’ She shrugged. She had, at one time, had a crush on the boy. But not now. Now he seemed…Well…Too good. He was always bringing everyone things to cure their ails. It unnerved her.

“And I was talking to my friend that is a cheerleader at the neighboring school…Well she says that even there they’ve heard of him.” Yuka raised her eyebrows at Ayumi.

“Are you serious?”

“Just how bad is he?” Sango inquired, looking back at the girl lost in her own thoughts. She had brought up discussion about him, hoping that she would listen…But it was to no avail.

“Well, my cousin- you know the one, the one who does you-know-what…” She waited for everyone to nod. They all knew. “Well, he gets his stuff from him!” The three cheerleaders gasped and Kagome looked to see what the concern was.

“Wha?” She blinked, clueless to what they had been speaking about.

Eri rolled her eyes and looked at her watch. “Ehmagawd! I have to go, bye; Sango, Ayumi, Yuki…Kagome.” She hugged each one in turn. “Watch out for your boy, Higurashi.” She whispered in the girl’s ear as she hugged her. She ran off, waving, leaving a very confused miko and three jovial faces behind her.

“What does she mean by, ‘watch my boy’?” The miko questioned her three friends. An awkward silence befell that group.

“Hello, my favorite ladies.” The cheerful voice of the well-known pervert arose from behind them. Two feminine screams, followed by slaps, also broke out. “Ladies! Ladies!” He held his hands up in defeat. They narrowed their eyes at him and crossed their arms over their chests.

‘Saved by the perv.’ “Hey, Roku, what do you say we take Kagome out this weekend?” She tilted her head at the boy.

“Sounds good to me. Kagome?” She looked up at the sound of her name, man; she sure was out of it today.

“Sorry…” She broke out into a huge yawn. “I’m not allowed to go anywhere, plus I have plans.”

“Oh.” She looked at her feet. “Well see ya later, hon.” Sango quickly hugged all of her friends before hurrying off to her after school activity.

“We had better be going too.”

“Yeah.” The two walked off, leaving the monk wannabe and the miko standing awkwardly outside of the school.

“So…Haven’t really had a chance to talk in a while…Call me later?” She put on her brightest smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

“Of course. But my ride’s here…So bye!” She quickly hugged him before hurrying off.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked in the direction of his house.

He sighed and kicked a rock that had been lying innocently on the sidewalk.

“What’s going on with Kagome? Why is she so withdrawn? That smile she gave me, was so fake that it wasn’t even funny…Now that I think of it…I didn’t see any car there…I just hope she doesn’t get into too much trouble with that boy.”

“Talking to yourself now Houshi?” Sango smiled as she came up behind the boy.

“Hm? No. What are you doing here?”

“Skipping. Come with me. Nothing perverted! I want to talk about Kagome.” She grabbed his hand, dragging him along behind her.




She ran out of breath as she continued running. The same as she had that morning. Running helped everything. It just made everything better. She didn’t have to have the distractions of people talking to her; she didn’t even have to think. She didn’t have to do anything. Just run and breathe.

She once again wasn’t watching where it was she was running to and ran right past her sister.

Kikyou almost got whiplash from how fast the girl was running. She sighed and turned around.

“Don’t worry, sis, I’ll lie for you.” She would tell their dad that she dropped Kagome off at the Library for studying. Yes, that always worked. She knew the girl needed some alone time and just that she would get.




“I wonder what Kags is doin’…Well speak of the devil and there she is.” He called out to her, no response. He whipped his car around and laid down on the horn. She seemed as though she had been snapped out of a trance. She instantly stopped running and turned around so fast that she twisted her ankle and fell to the ground with a scream.

He parked his car on the sidewalk next to her and jumped out to help her.

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” She tried to stand but fell with a yelp and clutched her injured limb. She sniffled and shook her head. He nodded and cautiously picked her up, bridal style, being mindful of her injury. She tightly clung to him, like a frightened child.

“It’s okay. Come on, I’ll take you to my place to take a look at it.” He looked at her for any objections, when he got none he placed her in the car and then seated himself as well.

“So…May I ask what you were doing?” She curled up in her seat and shrugged.

“I had to get away.” She croaked out before clearing her throat.

They arrived at his house shortly.

“Do you have anything to drink? The running took a lot out of me.” He looked uncertain and walked into what she assumed was the kitchen. She could hear his voice and followed.

“Sorry about the mess…I just bought the place a couple of days ago…Had to get away from the ‘rents, ya know?” She winced but nodded. “Umm…The tap doesn’t work and I don’t have bottled water…All I have is some milk that I think is bad…” He took a whiff and nearly fell to the ground. “Yeah, definitely bad. I have alcohol…but I don’t think you’d want-”

“Give me some.” She reached out her hand.

“Are you sure? You know this shit ain’t good for ya…” She gave him a dumb look.

“You have it don’t you?” She reached around him and grabbed the coldest thing she could find. It happened to be a beer. She didn’t care, she took a sip and sighed; her throat feeling soothed. She began to explore the apartment.

‘No TV? Hmm…No couch either. How weird.’

He watched her as she looked at every little thing, sipping at her drink.

‘What’s going on with you, Kags?’

She sat in the lounge chair comfortably.. She laid her head to the side and stared at the blank wall across from her. He walked in and kneeled down in front of her, resting his head on her legs and looking up at her with puppy eyes. She barely even noticed his presence.

“Does your ankle feel better?” He tilted his head to the side when she looked at him through half lidded eyes.

“No…” He leaned back, sitting on his feet, and grabbed her foot. He gingerly ran his fingers over the swollen part and looked up at her to see her jaw clenched and her eyes squeezed shut. He looked around and pulled a large box over for her to elevate her foot on.

He sat on the box and brought her foot into his lap. Gently he began to slowly massage her foot. She tried to stifle a giggle, but he noticed.

“Ticklish are we?” He smirked and began slowly inch his claws up her leg, watching as she squirmed and held in the laughter. When he reached her knee, he lightly shoved her foot off of his lap and lunged at her waist, tickling her sides. She finally broke loose with long overdue laughter.

“Stop!” She panted, still giggling.

“Will you smile more if I do?” She shook her head vigorously.

“Yes!! Just, please, stop!!”

“Alright.” He smiled and stopped, his hands hovering over her sides threateningly.

“Don’t you dare, Inuyasha!” She waggled her finger at him as she took a drink of her beer, which surprisingly hadn’t spilled.

“I’m not!” His smile betrayed him.

“I said don’t you- Ahh!!” She squealed as he did, once again, tickle her. She shoved the beer can under his nose, causing him to back off.

“That’s not fair!! You know I have a sensitive nose!” He glared and rubbed his finger under his nose to get the smell of the alcohol out of it.

It got quiet. He didn’t know what to say, and she bit her lip in nervousness.

“I know this may sound weird, considering I barely know you…But can I stay here? I don’t want to go home…” She sounded so lost, like a little girl. His heart leapt out to her.

“Yeah…” He said it so quietly, she barely heard him.

“Really?!” Her face lit up, and he loved the smile that appeared. Being sad just didn’t suit this girl. She threw herself at him and hugged him fiercely. If it hadn’t been for his demonic eyesight, he wouldn’t have been able to brace himself, and that would have been disastrous.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” She squealed in delight, successfully hurting his ears.

“Dear god!! You’re going to burst my eardrums if you keep it up!”

“Sorry.” She looked sheepishly. A yawn escaped her and she looked around for a clock.

“What time is it?” He looked at his watch and at her like she had gone crazy.

“It’s only 6:30.” She backed off and fell on her butt.

“Damn, my ankle isn’t any better!!!”

“Do you need help?” She nodded.

“Okay.” He gently helped her off the ground, acting as a human crutch.

“Do you think I could use your tub…” She looked at the ground, feeling as though she were imposing.

“Not at all…You need one”

“Hey!”

“Joking!!”

“You had better be, because I don’t smell!” She sounded genuinely offended.

“I am! You smell wonderful!”

“Thanks…” She turned her head to hide the blush that rose to her cheeks.

“You can borrow some of my clothes if you want to, as well.”

“Thanks…”

“You can sleep on the bed; I’ll sleep on the floor.”

“No!” Her eyes widened and she looked at him, shaking her head. “I couldn’t possibly! Then I would really feel as though I were imposing!!”

“It’s okay! I hardly sleep in it anyway!”

“No! Make me!!” He smirked as a perverted thought crossed his mind.

“Fine.”

“Okay…Wait!” Her eyes widened as many perverted thoughts crossed her mind, courtesy of spending too much time with Miroku. “I didn’t mean that how you think!”

“Who said I was thinking anything?” She opened her mouth to speak, before shutting it as her face turned bright red.

“Ah, my little Kags is a perv at heart. How sweet.” He couldn’t keep the laughter out of his voice.

“Shut up!” She was thoroughly embarrassed.

“So…I’ll just grab you some clothes for bed, then I’ll lead you to the bathroom. Do you need any help?” She shook her head, her face turning even brighter.

“I think I can manage a bath.”

“Cool, cool. Well, while you’re in there I have to run somewhere, but I’ll be back soon, just take your time.”

“Okay.” She nodded. “Thank you for all of your help.”

“No prob.”

As he was on his way to his car, after making sure she had everything she needed, he searched through the dialed numbers in his phone. He found the one he presumed to be her’s and pushed the button.

“Hello? Yes, is this the Higurashi residence?” He paused as they answered. “Okay, well, Kagome wasn’t going to call, so I will…She’s fine!! She…I don’t know…She seemed so out of it, and didn’t want to go home…I’ll find out what’s wrong with her…I don’t want to get her in trouble….Okay…This is Inuyasha…I’ll call you in the morning around 7:00...Okay…I’ll take care of her…Okay….Bye.”




She sighed as she slipped into the warm bath. He may not have had water in the kitchen sink, but the water in the bathroom worked just fine. He may not have had a TV, but he had a damn fine bathtub.

“I wonder if Kikyou and Dad are worried about me.” She shook her head. “I can’t think about them. They will only lead to more thoughts. I need to focus on something not important right now…Like school. Yes, school! Ow!” She hissed and grabbed her ankle. “Man, I wish I hadn’t of been running now.”

‘I wonder what Inuyasha had to do? He said he’d be back soon…’




“Kagome! I’m back!” He shut the door behind him and looked around. No answer. He wandered to the bathroom, to see it vacant. He walked to his room and poked his head inside.

She looked so innocent and carefree. She looked like she had been waiting for him and just passed out on the bed. She shook his head, laughing.

“Stupid girl.” He gently pushed her to the side of the bed and covered her up. He striped down to his boxers and crawled in next to her. She snuggled closer to his body warmth and he blushed. He tried to shove her away, but she was reluctant to let the warmth go.

Finally, giving up, he sighed and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“G’night Kags.” He stared down at her beautiful face. “You know…” He whispered, knowing she couldn’t hear him anyway. “You are the first chick to actually sleep in this bed…And the first sober one…You’re too innocent for that shit anyway…I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if you found out about it…” He kissed her forehead and laid his head on the pillow, to dream dreams of better days.

Her eyes shot open, filling to the brim with salty tears.

-X-

Ha! Eight pages! Now I insist I get reviews for this one!!! Please, and thank you!

-Steffaniey